Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Schmidty816

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Apparently I have been living under a rock, because this is the first I've seen/known of the podcast. Very happy I have discovered it though.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mutant God

The move that Billy Kidman and Brock Lesnar that you were talking about is the Shooting Star Press

And the PPV with the cage with the two rings was Fall Brawl, World War 3 was the PPV with a three ring 60 man Battle Royal.

Also I laughed so hard when you were doing Hulk Hogan in the DoD cave (maybe Ambrose would redo it if he goes into the Wyatt Family's home lol).

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When the episode had to get pulled last week I knew that this podcast was in the danger zone. But don't talk to me about the danger zone. I've been in the danger zone east of the Pacific ocean, west of London England, south of Mars, and north of hell.

I knew the show wouldn't last as a weekly format. Wrestling on TV isn't good enough to warrant that kind of frequency. That's what I have the Ross Report for. I'm kind of glad that the podcast will be less frequent. For one maybe you guys won't repeat the same jokes and gripes all the time. Corey loves repeating stuff in addition to referencing the Powerbombcast. I'm a bit disappointed that you guys didn't take the user questions that you answered last week since they no longer exist. At least I know not to send in questions anymore.

Thanks for the podcast guys. Now get back to work!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5 inferiorego  Staff

@mezmero said:

When the episode had to get pulled last week I knew that this podcast was in the danger zone. But don't talk to me about the danger zone. I've been in the danger zone east of the Pacific ocean, west of London England, south of Mars, and north of hell.

I knew the show wouldn't last as a weekly format. Wrestling on TV isn't good enough to warrant that kind of frequency. That's what I have the Ross Report for. I'm kind of glad that the podcast will be less frequent. For one maybe you guys won't repeat the same jokes and gripes all the time. Corey loves repeating stuff in addition to referencing the Powerbombcast. I'm a bit disappointed that you guys didn't take the user questions that you answered last week since they no longer exist. At least I know not to send in questions anymore.

Thanks for the podcast guys. Now get back to work!

I do have last week's episode in a rougher format. I may put it together as a "lost episode" in the next couple of weeks. If you guys keep asking questions, we may just do shows where we answer them.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: I just have bad luck when it comes to sending in questions to ANY comic vine podcast, not just this one. They seem to get passed over or they time out poorly or it's my least interesting questions that actually make it through. That's why I sort of stopped posting them for the other two podcasts as well. Full disclosure I don't have a high opinion of the user questions from this community, my own included.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inferiorego  Staff

@mezmero said:

@inferiorego: I just have bad luck when it comes to sending in questions to ANY comic vine podcast, not just this one. They seem to get passed over or they time out poorly or it's my least interesting questions that actually make it through. That's why I sort of stopped posting them for the other two podcasts as well. Full disclosure I don't have a high opinion of the user questions from this community, my own included.

Maybe I should do more episodes where I get silly and re-enact classic promos

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By SynCig

First, I'd like to say I am sorry about your loss Mat. Deepest condolences. I know I am just a stranger on the internet but I feel for you sir.

Now, wrestling stuff. I think I'd have liked Hell In A Cell a lot more if I hadn't been spoiled on the ending. I work Sundays so I always watch the pay-per-views on Monday after class and I happened to get on Twitter and someone retweeted the Wyatt spoiler into my timeline. The match just had a very different feel knowing exactly how it was going to end. Still loved the chemistry between Ambrose and Rollins though and an Ambrose/Wyatt feud could be gold.

I have to weigh in on the Sheamus discussion. I'm very Irish. Like, most of my lineage is Irish and I have to say that I despise the stereotypical fighting Irishman. It is awful. It's not just that stereotype that I hate in wrestling but ALL of them and there are way too many. The WWE has always existed in this weird time bubble where they don't quite understand how some of the stuff they do could be considered horribly offensive. Remember when Juventud came out on a lawnmower? Like, seriously?!?!?! Anyway, rant over about the WWE's tendency for racism. I also just find Sheamus matches really boring. The only match I have seen of him that I actually enjoyed was with Cesaro but it was mostly because they worked each other so stiff that I could almost feel legitimate heat between the two even if there wasn't any.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Night of Champion was meh. Enjoyed the Rollins vs Ambrose. Awesome spot with the announce tables. i saw the ending coming, but it was stil cool moment.

ohhh man. WWE is soooooo boring right now!!! WWE is doing everything FANS don't want to see. What logic is that? I can go on and on about everything that is wrong in WWE. Royal Rumble needs to come already.

TNA is now wack again. They did have a good main event where Bobby Roode fiannly won the World title. Lashley has been an awesome champion for months now. He has been booked better than Lesnar. Lashley is a true BEAST!!!!

ANd you guys should have watched LUCHA UNderground. The first episode was IMPRESSIVE! Wrestling was great and the show has drama and STORY!! ALready liking the show better than TNA and WWE.

and the best gif of the year.

No Caption Provided

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'll miss the weekly format but I agree Raw is terrible right now it's not worth covering weekly. I hope you can do it monthly.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Night of Champion was meh. Enjoyed the Rollins vs Ambrose. Awesome spot with the announce tables. i saw the ending coming, but it was stil cool moment.

ohhh man. WWE is soooooo boring right now!!! WWE is doing everything FANS don't want to see. What logic is that? I can go on and on about everything that is wrong in WWE. Royal Rumble needs to come already.

TNA is now wack again. They did have a good main event where Bobby Roode fiannly won the World title. Lashley has been an awesome champion for months now. He has been booked better than Lesnar. Lashley is a true BEAST!!!!

ANd you guys should have watched LUCHA UNderground. The first episode was IMPRESSIVE! Wrestling was great and the show has drama and STORY!! ALready liking the show better than TNA and WWE.

and the best gif of the year.

No Caption Provided

that gif is amazing

MAOsborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MAOsborne

Sorry for your loss Mat. Saying stuff like that always sounds insincere. It is not meant to.

Sad that the podcast will no longer be weekly, but if the schedule is not working for you guys, it is not working. Less frequent podcasts will allow you to cover a lot more stuff. It sounds like Raw has not been great lately.

Hopefully by the time the next show comes out, the WWE network will have launched in the UK. It was delayed by a month. I thought it was launching on November 1st, but it sounds like the release date will be announced on that day. I will actually be able to watch some wrassling instead of just listening to you guys talking about it.

Thanks for all the shows. (Also that sounds insincere, it is not meant to)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Instead of doing reviews for all the comic tv shows why don't you guys do another podcast and talk about all the weekly episodes? You could even get @k4tzm4n on as well.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By d9000

Man, the first 30 minutes of this episode are so sad. Thank you @inferiorego and @undeadpool for being so open about all this. It’s certainly more of an explanation than is required and more than justifies the previous episode staying down. Personally I’m looking forward to the ‘lost episode’ being pulled out of the vault someday.

Unfortunately I’m not one of the people who are happy that we won’t get a new episode every week, as I looked forward to them every time, but just like with the missing episode you more than justify your reasons for slowing down. On the bright side The Endless Promo has reached ‘Cult Following’ status… at least with me…. How many people do you need to reach a ‘Cult Following’?

Also, one of my all-time favourite TV appearances of a wrestler was Hulk Hogan on Arsenio Hall during the big steroid scandal in the early 90s. It’s not funny like Hulk in the DoD but I think it was an important moment in Hulk History. I wonder sometimes how different life would be had he actually admitted to using steroid on TV (like he was supposed to!).

And sorry for the ultra long comment, but if this is to be the last weekly forum I’d like to make it count.

@schmidty816: Did you hear the part about the show going on hiatus? You picked a perfect time to discover it! Although if you listen to one old episode each month you can stretch it out for almost a year :)

@madeinbangladesh: The term “best GIF of the year” gets thrown around a lot these days…But that one definitely deserves it. I think that’s how I looked when I read all the announcements.

:) --> :D --> 8O

@mezmero: It sounds like your standards aren't high enough, please raise them (this is sarcasm). Including yourself when you say you that our questions aren't good enough doesn't make it less offensive (this is not sarcasm). Personally I find that Endless Promo and Comic Vine Podcast do a great job of answering questions. That’s why CVP is such a long podcast, they spend so much time discussing and answering questions. Way more than any other podcast I've listened to, and I've always respected them for including the fans in their show to such a degree. That’s always been one of their biggest strengths in my opinion. Except for @apocalypse3's question, they legit had their questions skipped on this episode of EP. Oopsie!

@syncig: I’m not one to defend stereotyping in the real world but in wrestling.. come on… I’m not saying you’re wrong but the real, damaging, racism happens when the cameras are turned off, just ask Alberto Del Rio. When they’re on TV they’re basically playing real life cartoon characters (complete with cinder blocks over the head). And silly, stereotypical gimmicks are (dare I say) a foundation of the culture. Think about some of the top stars of wrestling and how big a stereotype they were. I’m talking about Hogan (all-American stereotype), Austin (redneck stereotype), Rick Flare (cocky, drunk, A-hole stereotype). And let’s not push this on Sheamus. He’s Irish AND he likes to fight, so what? No one’s saying he likes to fight BECAUSE he’s Irish, you’re putting that on him… So now who’s racist! (kinda sarcastic). Are we saying that he’s not allowed to enjoy fisticuffs while simultaneously celebrating his rich Irish heritage? What happened to civil rights!! (very sarcastic). If a person forms their opinions and values based solely on WWE content than they are an idiot. Plus WWE isn't exactly a realistic propaganda machine (like say... Fox News). Anyway, I think if race related generalizations are a pet peeve of yours than WWE is just something you should avoid Then… Now… and Forever.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#15  Edited By SynCig

@d9000: I'm not putting that on Sheamus. The WWE is. JBL at one point even said something along the lines of, "You know those Irish people, they all love to fight." I don't think it is unfair to expect a certain level of racial sensitivity from a company that has 1) existed as long as the WWE has and 2) is supposed to be PG and attract children. You are right that stereotypes have always been a part of the company but that doesn't make it okay. Also, I must say that your Ric Flair example is a bit flimsy. I wouldn't necessarily say he is a stereotype. More like an on-screen version of his real life self. As for me needing to stay away from the WWE because I don't like stereotype bs, I do tend to watch a lot less wrestling than I used to. Stereotyping isn't the only reason but it is one of them. This is 2014. Time for the WWE to catch up on the times.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By d9000

Oh yeah, if anyone is looking for a high quality, more than weekly, recap / review / wrestling insider podcast I highly suggest checking out LAW: Live Audio Wrestling from The Fight Network (Canadian). Review-a-Raw is perfect for a second opinion of Raw with funny banter from Wai Ting and John Pollock. Plus there's a TNA review show, an NXT review show, a PPV review, Classic Match reviews, and news segments. I know everyone probably has their own preferred shows at this point but I cannot recommend this show highly enough.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/

No Caption Provided

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous said:

Instead of doing reviews for all the comic tv shows why don't you guys do another podcast and talk about all the weekly episodes? You could even get @k4tzm4n on as well.

Comic book show reviews get good traffic, so it's very unlikely we'd cut down on them. That said, a podcast just talking about the latest epiosdes would be pretty cool. Then it's a matter of seeing if any of us have the extra time for it, though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@k4tzm4n said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Comic book show reviews get good traffic, so it's very unlikely we'd cut down on them. That said, a podcast just talking about the latest epiosdes would be pretty cool. Then it's a matter of seeing if any of us have the extra time for it, though.

Very true, I was just wondering since there is soon going to be a lot of comic book shows with the likes of Constantine, Daredevil, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Supergirl ect as well as the current ones like Arrow and Gotham.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: You've gotta understand that I've come from years of listening to the CV podcast. I appreciate any show that takes user questions but I have heard sooo many of the most boiler plate questions asked over and over again through the years. There's only so many times I want to hear people ask them to cut a pull list or rank their top comic runs and creators of all time. That's no fault of the CV staff they just always get an influx of new listeners who probably haven't heard the low down when it comes to their personal preferences. I'm not trying to make blanket statements about the quality of user questions. I just said I don't have a high opinion of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5982335fb56d9
deactivated-5982335fb56d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Y U NO ANSWER MY QUESTION!?!?!?

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By d9000

@madeinbangladesh: Lol, perfect timing, I just found it on Daily Motion. I thought it was really cool. Reminded me more of TNA than WWE. Highly pre-produced but more skilfully than TNA, the small scale venue gives it sort of a fight club feel. I'm excited to see the full roster in action too. Looking forward to more LUCHA LUCHA LUCHA.

No Caption Provided

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: Gotcha, but you know what they say about blanket statements... You gotta know when to fold 'em (or maybe they don’t say that). But saying that you don’t have a high opinion of user questions from this community is full on a blanket statement. I can see what you mean though, about pull list Qs and stuff but that’s like a public service. It’s good for the community. Just skip over those questions, but NEVER skip over my questions!!! :p

@syncig: Yay, I love discussions! First off, you can’t take JBL seriously! He’s a stereotypical, dumb American cowboy. Who cares what he thinks? Next, if you’re saying you’ve cut down on WWE I’m wondering when you were watching to begin with. The shows have literally never been more racially sensitive. Not in the 80s, not in the 90s or the Attitude Era, or the Ruthless Aggression Era and so on. As far as kids and the PCness of the show goes, again, they’ve (not to overuse the word) LITERALLY toned the content way down to the point that most wrestling fans ridicule WWE for being soft and childish (ever wonder why people call it Heck in a Seck instead of Hell in a Cell?). I could go on all day talking about how there’s no more blood, or there’s no more g-strings, no more homophobic pandering, no more overtly sexual story lines about dicks being cut off or valets being sexually abused but that’d take too long and this discussion was only about stereotypes. Point is if they made it any more appropriate for kids they’d probably go out of business. Also, PAH-Leaze, I had two other examples besides Rick Flaire and plenty of others on tap. Lets replace Flaire with Razor Ramon and call it even. And I never said you NEED to stay away from WWE, that sounds way too threatening for me. I said you shouldavoid it, than you wouldn’t have to worry about being offended. Problem solved. Just switch to a kinder, gentler wrestling show, like… is there even one?? Anyway, they could get rid of stereotypes completely if they had some kind of super talented creative team helping out the talent but personally I hope I’ll always be able to see fun, patriotic gimmicks like Sheamus and Rusev in the WWE. I guess you could say they appeal to the child in me.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: It is already better and more interesting than TNA and WWE is right now.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mezmero

@d9000: Not having a high opinion of something is exactly what it sounds like. An opinion. And it's not like my questions have been skipped intentionally in the past, there are just extenuating circumstances that sometimes occur and keep them from surfacing. That's why I chalk it up to bad luck as opposed to trying to hold anyone accountable.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Well, lets see how it is after a few months. Hopefully we're still enjoying it as much. Actually, lets hope we're enjoying it twice as much! Johnny Mundo FTW!