Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 1

Hey Crew,

As a straight man, I applaud the efforts of DC & Marvel to be L.B.G.T. friendly because that's the real world we live in. Young Avengers was one of my favorite series and Batwoman still continues to be so. Within the new millennium, they introduced Gay leading characters (Al Scott) and gay supporting/teen supporting characters (Wiccan & Hulkling). DC also won GLAAD awards with the leading character of Batwoman for lesbians. My question is... if they big two are SO L.B.G.T. friendly, why are they forgetting the B & T?

Okay, from a business standpoint, I can see how tricky it would be just to roll out a leading Bisexual character or a Transgender. As any book, a character needs time before having his/her own solo series. But why aren't they pushing B&T supporting characters?

Couldn't Bruce Wayne have a bisexual personal assistant at Wayne Industries (and be shown more than once)? If Jimmy Olsen can get One Shots, so could this assistant.

Or why not have SHIELD assign a transgender agent to be The Avengers personal liaison? Maybe later this person can get 4 issue mini action packed series.

I see those two being very possible. Again, I applaud the work achieved, but they can try a little harder.

PS Tony & Sara, you're more than welcome to use this for an article :)

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided

There's been a lot of Buzz in the Wonder Woman forum about the treatment of the character and weather or not there should be more books featuring the character like Superman and Batman have. I would love to see the revival of Sensation Comics as her Ancillary Title placing her firmly in the DCU (outside of JL), featuring and reintroducing her rogues gallery while her own title would continue to explore the mythological.

• Do you think that Wonder Woman is a character that is treated poorly by DC and Creative Teams? Her different characterizations from her solo title to that of Justice League is frustrating but is it because of poor treatment or lack of communication?
  • Do you feel that she can support another monthly title?
  • If you've been reading Teen Titans, you've seen that Wonder Girl has been removed from the Wonder Woman family, why do you think this was an important change for DC to make?

Thanks guys, I love the site and think that you're doing great things here!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#253  Edited By TheCrowbar

Hey just wanted to answer a question quickly for someone in this thread then I'll ask my three!:

@The Cyan Lantern: Just a response, Shining Knight in the book Demon Knights recently came out as intersex. It was intentionally left vague if Shining Knight is transgender or just has both organs, as it were.

My questions:

1.) Why do you all, whoever is there, think that Power Girl was changed so much from her previous volume to the way she is now in the new52? For example, her demeanor is very different, she has none of her wit and very little charisma compared to the Gray, Palmiotti and Conners run. Even Winnick, who didn't do a bad job, was at least consistent in her persona. I'd really like everyone's opinion on this, Corey, Sara, G-Man and the Ghost of James!

2.) Do you feel that comic writers need to rearrange themselves and their styles of writing to adapt to a larger audience? There are a lot of really dumb plot devices used to further a story or a concept that really could be done better if it were more down to Earth.

AvX is a recent example, did the Phoenix Force really need to be there to get the same end result? Was the story really benefited by its presence? It seemed more like a device to get the Mutants and the rest of the Superhero community to fight over something. To me at least it felt you could've put Aladdin's Lamp in place of the Phoenix Force and it would've done the same thing, more or less. I could go into more, but you're all busy I know!

3.) My third and final question! We see a lot of fan fiction and a lot of fan art, how come we don't see a lot of fan comics?

Much love to you all,

The Crowbar( that killed Jason Todd)

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#254  Edited By darkwingdan

Hey guys, I have a question for James...

...just kidding. I know James probably won't be around. My question is, what is your favorite done-in-one single issue or one-shot? Being a big fan of Nightwing, I have to go with either Birds of Prey #8 (Dixon/Land) or Nightwing #25 (Dixon/McDaniel).

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By fullmetalquach

A few months ago I found out that Dragon Age had a canon expanded universe in comic book form and I was wicked excited about it because I love the game. So what movie, game, tv show, or any other work of fiction would you like to see have a canon expanded universe in comic book form similar to that of Star Wars and Dragon Age and what comics or story arcs would you like to see as a movie? Personally I would like to see Enter the Dragon continue. Bruce Lee could work as a secret agent and maybe they can do a crossover with Iron Fist. That might be a little bit of a stretch. I'd also like to see Secret Invasion done, maybe not on the big screen. But as direct to DVD animated movies, probably split up into a trilogy or with movies that lead up to the main story like with The Avengers.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#256  Edited By Loki9876

hm does the ask g-man video questions thread still work, well if it doesn't here are my questions again

Hi, I love Snyder's batman and I'm very clad he's going to make a new story with the Riddler. I think there aren't a lot good stories with the Riddler in it. Anyway what batvillain do you want snyder to write a story about next? Maybe Two-face?

And another question I never read any Jonah Hex, I am intrested but the movie was so awful it kinda scared me away, should I read all-star westerns or not?

I'm a big Hank Pym fan (I know there not a lot) but I don't see him in any books in marvel now do you now were he is?

I have a youtube channel were I review trade paperbacks. Just wanted to let you know, should I sent a link (I don't want to force you, if don't have the time I completely understand)? And can I mention comic vine in my review as a good place for information, etc.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#257  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Choose 3 movie directors to write current ongoing comics from the Big 2. Also name the artist who you would want on the books. Anyone who has previously dabbled in comics is not accepted.

Do you feel as if any other characters are missing from Marvel NOW? I know that I am waiting for Doctor Strange to have a title of his own.

If you had to choose a current Marvel NOW comic for Joss Whedon to write, other than anything Avengers and X-Men related, which would they be.

Avatar image for lumberjacktheripper
LumberJacktheRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Vine:

Big time fan, SECOND time poster. Anyway, as always, I love the show and I hope I make the cut again this week. Before I jump into business, I want to thank you for reading my question last week. I got pretty excited when I heard my "name" being called and had to stop what I was doing to listen very carefully. It made my day, thank you. Also, thank you Booster_Bronze for reaching out with some addition suggestions.

This week, all I got is one question. Here is the deal... my wife and I agreed that she gets to name all of our children and I get to name all of our pets. Remember, marriage is all about compromise. Obviously I got the better end of the deal as she only gets to name 2 to 4 children where I will be able to name a dozen or so pets. That being said, I named our dog Bodie Barksdale, after 2 characters from The Wire. If you haven't seen The Wire, stop the pod cast and go do that right meow, I will wait... Our tortoise got the lucky name of King Joffrey. My wife wasn't too pleased with that choice. I am sure there will be payback and my first born son will be Aiden Shaw...

Anyway, we got a 40 gallon terrarium that we need to fill and are considering getting either a bearded dragon or a couple of frogs. Since I named the first 2 pets after TV/novel characters, I think it's time to pay homage to the comics. I was hoping we might be able to come up with a couple of good names, one name for a bearded dragon and two or three good ones in case we got some frogs. For the dragon, the best I got is Waylon Jones. Please Vine, help me figure out some names... you're my only hope. Thanks Vine, and if we can't get some good names, no worries. I can always suck up and name the dragon Mushu, and maybe my son will be named Bruce Wayne. Thanks again and enjoy your weekend.

Deuces

Bigwalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Bigwalt

Happy belated Thanksgiving everybody and their families I'm very thankful that I got the opportunity to chat and meet you all this year. So with rumors swirling that Joesph Gordon-Levitt will be donning the cape and cowl for Justice League and presumably the next Batman series of films what do you guys/gals think of Rian Johnson (Looper, Brick) helming the next series of Batfilms? He has shown the ability to tell an intimate dark detective story with Brick and has a had a previous working relationship with Gordon-Levitt.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#260  Edited By SavageDragon

Hey guys.

Corey I know your a fellow Invincible fan, can you give your predictions for the eagerly awaited issue #100? I have my ideas and I am really looking forward to it.

Tony two art questions any idea who is replacing Sorrentino on I, Vampire? That really sucked when you mentioned that in your review. Their art is so amazing and fits the book perfectly, it is beautiful and just haunting at the same time. Also what happened to March doing art on Talon? The new artist stuff was nice too I was just wondering if its a permanent change.

Sara do you think that Gambit is still worth getting anymore? I love the Character but the series hasn't impressed me so far, I liked the first issue but everything after that has been meh in my opinion. I just feel that Asumus while trying to do something different has not wow'd with what Gambits saying/doing. Frankly ever since the 1st issue Ive been disappointed. With the addition of Marvel Now's all new X-men(awesome) and Thunderbolts(will be awesome hopefully) to my pull list Im considering dropping Gambit. On a side note I get a "Gambit vibe" from the character Calvin Rose.

And a final question to everyone.

I recently discovered a gem of a book that I took as a recommendation from my LCS. Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's WE3. I thought this book was beautiful. It was such an emotional story for me. I loved it and am thankful that i now own it in hardcover. Just hoping you guys could talk about your feeling towards the books, if you havnt read it you guys should do a spotlight on it!!

Thanks guys and have a great weekend, you guys rock.

Jawshco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Jawshco

Question: It looks like we're seeing that the RIP story and Battle for the Cowl stories happened in the new 52. What other classic story lines do you think happened or want to have happened and could some stories like Hush still happen again in a new way?

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#262  Edited By neiliusprime

Hey guys, love both Comicvine's podcast. Keep up the hard work, I appreciate what you guys do. Anyways, How long do you think the original X-Men will stay in the present in All-New X-Men? I understand that a series can have many story arcs in a very short amount of time, but how long will they stay there?

Jawshco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Jawshco

Tony & Sara- are there any pre-nu52 stories that you feel are better off not being included in the nu52? I loved Knight Fall, and Azreal as Bats when it happened, but I'm not sure that story would fit well in the new compressed timeline.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#264  Edited By htb106

Hey, guys!

Loads of questions here ( Sorry! ) so here I go...

1. Tony, Do you ever announce who the guest on the second podcast will be before it goes out? Loved hearing Scott and Brian chat to you, By The way!

2. Sara, Do you think this female Talon from Batgirl will be the new Cassandra Cain?

3. Everyone, What did you think of the twist in ASM 698? Of course, probably best not to spoil right now, I thought it was Brilliant and I've read the issue about 7 times now!

4. Everyone, Is it okay to publicly spoil Dark Knight Rises now?

5. What do you think of the JGL as Batman news for Justice League?

6. Corey, Does your comic store have a back issues box? My LCS gets all of the unsold comics that are a few months old and sells them at about 50p each, this is quite good for starting a new series but is it bad financially for the store?

Thanks if you've answered them all!

benblanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By benblanks

Love the podcasts--and the website in general--and hell I love you for everything you all do for the comic book obsessed community so THANKS! I have a personal question I'd like to ask you (Tony, Sara, whoever else is there when/if this is answered) out of burning curiosity: at what age did you get into comics and what was the comic that made you do so? It wasn't until high school when I read the Daredevil Guardian Devil arc for me. Follow-up question: who is your all time favorite creative team? I'm partial to Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon myself.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Hey Tony, Sara, Corey, anyone who is there. Thanks for answering my questions last time. And for all those other times.

In your opinions do you think there would be a market for comics on audio recordings? Like a CD or something. It could have voice actors and sound effects, and a light beep to let the listener know to go to the next page. The pacing of the dialogue and acting and where the sound effects were placed in the recording could correspond with the various panels. I understand that it might seem to expensive for single issues, but if the voice actors and sound effects were cheapish, and they could make an audio CD for the graphic novels instead of single issues, do you think there would be a market for it? I imagine it might help younger readers get into comics. When I was younger I once got a 3D Rocketeer comic that came with an audio tape. I liked it. I also hear that England has radio styled Doctor Who recordings where the former actors play their old characters. Maybe the experience could be like a mix of reading the comic and watching a movie, hearing the dialogue and action while looking at the panels and using your imagination. The downside might be having the voice of the character not end up sounding like what the reader always imagined. Making Captain America too nasally or Superman too high pitched. What are your opinions about it?

And if that question wasn't long enough,

Do any of you ever feel a little burned out on comics? Or like you are just buying the comics each week because that is what you do? Has reading comics, even for a second, ever felt like a chore to you? Or is it always a great experience all the time?

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Gang!

So when it comes to trades, publishers like to plaster bunch of good reviews on the cover/back of the book. DC states the company with the quote while Marvel list the journalist with their quote, but have you ever been featured on a trade? If so, which ones?

Mindnumb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By Mindnumb12

I'm wondering if you can recommend any comics similar to Old Man Logan. I love the concept of a world where the villains have won, and the heroes are either trying to just get by or are part of an underground resistance.

Some friends recommended Spider-Man: Reign and The Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect as similar stories. Any other help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, and I love the podcast! Makes getting through Monday at work a whole lot easier.

BurningBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By BurningBlaze

Hey guys, this is a question for Tony especially. My 8 year old sister has just got into comics and is really enjoying both the new Fantastic Four and FF. Since you have a daughter yourself, can you recommend some good books that we can read together?

Avatar image for shallbecomeabat
Shallbecomeabat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Shallbecomeabat

Hey guys, big comicbook reader from Germany here! I just recently discovered your podcasts and for my personal taste, they are the best comicbook podcasts on the web. I also love the new one, which is almost completely devoted to answering questions from the community (love to geek out with you guys while in the gym or on the way to work). Anyway, here is my first question, which I would've loved to get answered by Tony, since he is a big Spidey fan: I am a biiiiiiiiig time Batman fan and love my heroes dark and troubled (Snyders Batman is soooooo great) and I want to get into Spider-man. Problem is, I really don't like the current stuff. I don't really know why, but its too cartoony and light for me, most of the time. The only run I have read that I liked so far was JMS'. I really like Peter as a character and love that he is so easy to identify with, but I need some darker stuff with him. Nothing against Dan Slott, whose Arkham Asylum series I loved, but his Spidey is not for me. Do you have any recommendations for darker Spidey stories I could get in trade or HC (I'm one of those trade-waiters)? I already have my eye on Superior Spidey and will check it out when the first trade hits, but I would love some older stuff as well. I remember reading some Spidey stuff back in the nineties, where Peter died and had to face Thanos in the afterlife, or something like that. That was great. Maybe that McFarlane Spidey Omnibus would be great for darker stuff? Oh, and another question: did you guys read Batman City Of Crime, by Lapham? Its one of my favorite Batman stories (next to Morrison Batman run, Snyders stuff and the classics) and it gets a lot of hate on the internet. It was a great and depressing noir book that really blew my mind. Did you guys liked it? Thanks for the entertainment, guys! Hope I get my question answered.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By Sammo21

Tony,

I know you are as big a fan of Spider-Man as I am. Even though I am nervous about the changes being made to the character I love (specifically Peter Parker) I am also excited to see, from a story perspective, where this new direction will go. We've the identity of many heroes change in the past (Captain America, Batman, Flash, Spider-Man, etc) but they have mostly all been temporary outside of a few exceptions. If you had the ability to permanently change the secret identity of one hero for at least, let's say, 10 - 20 years, who would it be?

Personally, I think I would be very interested to see Tim Drake take up the role as Batman but I can't see the Tim in New 52 doing that nor would I want it. If we were talking pre-New 52 then without a doubt I would love to see Tim Drake be Batman for a very long time.

J1ml33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#272  Edited By J1ml33
No Caption Provided

Hello Sara ,Tony and Cory [ if you are there on the podcast , if not then I give you my best Holiday wishes ^_^ ]Longtime no See .. anyways with all of that needless exposition here are my questions for Wonderfully entertaining Podcast that fills me with joy ..

my first question is ...

1. sara have you ever read the indie Comic known as the Thickness by Micheal Deforge , Katie Skelly , Ze Jian Shen ,Derek Ballard and True Chubbo [ just a little curious ?]
  2. Tony have you ever read any comics written and drawn by Johnny Ryan such as Prison Pit , comics for idiots , Take a joke [ if so what do you think of his work , do you like his art style and use of his Selective Subject matter .
  3. Cory [ if your there hiding in the shadows of the dark podcasting Booth , I can tell from your heavy Breathing ...LOL just kidding ] but I have a special question for you ... would you ever Order Indie Small Press Books like Micheal Deforge`s The Thickness , Johnny Ryan`s Prison Pit,Black Lung by Chris Wright ..heck even Barrel of Monkeys, by Florent Ruppert & Jerome Mulot in your store [ would you even suggest any of them to new costumers or even someone who is new to comics in general [ silently awaiting your thoughts on the podcast ]

this one is for everyone Have anybody in this room ever seen the Movie No Country for Old Men if so what do you think of the Main Villain Anton Chigurh [ seeing Disney is buying up everything that is hugely popular in our current pop culture society today would say I don't know Commission a Ongoing series about the Wily Hitman [ heck even give him his own Animated series where he teams up with Daniel Plainview [ of There will be Blood Fame ] go on an Cross Country Rampage destroying the Marvel Now Universe ..it would be the best Cartoon next to Warren Ellis`s pitch for the Wire : Omar Little /Brother Malzone Action Hour . anyways do you think a comic with this famous Movie Villain paired with the Crazed Oilman Daniel Plainview would out sell the avengers and would you think Warren Ellis would Write it if Marvel Paid him a semi-truck load of Money and who would you think would do the art for such an Book ?

[Sill Silently Awaiting your answers on the Vine ]

and my Last Question is what did you think of the Villain in Skyfall : Raoul Silva as masterfully played by Javier Bardem .. anyways tony , Sara and Cory .. if he was say a real person would you all want to spend a week hanging out with the guy and would you feel comfortable in his company . tony would you let him have dinner with your Family or Cory would you let him hang out around the store [ you know with Christopher Walken , Gary Busey , Nick Cage and Sasha Grey ]

I still love the podcast and Sara and Tony are the best [ sara still has a Lovely lovely Voice ] and Tony is simply the best . also Cory`s Christopher Walken Impression is Wildly Amusing .

No Caption Provided

Till Next Time Lady and Gentlemen.

CrisisRedHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273  Edited By CrisisRedHood

Hey, Tony, Sara, Cory, and Invisible Man James! I have just been into comics full force since August, but I have studied on the characters I like for a while now (as in reading articles here and in Wikis). Thanks for the list of Asian characters. I appreciate it. I actually didnt know there were that much. So here are my questions:

1.) Have you noticed that Francis Manapul does alot of 2 page spreads in the Flash comic? I like it. I think in one issue it was 3 2-page spreads in a row. And I laughed when I saw G-Man in Flash 1.

2.) I dont really like Superman (Im a Batman guy) but I think Snyder and Lee's Man of Steel (if it is going to be called that) may change my mind. You got an amazing writer and a fantastic artist, what could go wrong? What do you think? Will my thoughts on Superman change?

3.) Sara, why dont you like Superman? I want to compare notes.

4.) In your opinion, is Joseph Gordon Levitt's John Blake a real Robin? His name isnt Dick, Jason, Tim, Stephanie (lol), or Damian. I dont think so. Nor does one of my best friends (the Babs to my Nightwing).

5.)On to Marvel, why dont people like Avengers Arena? I am interested, especially if X-23 is the focus, since she is my favorite Marvel girl (as long as she doesnt die). And why do people automatically call it a Hunger Games rip-off? The first cover is obviously an homage to Battle Royale (a more superior movie/book) and it sounds more like Battle Royale.

6.)Who do you each think who Superior Spider-Man is? I hope it is Ben Riley.

7.) What about AvX or Civil War for Avengers 3? Which one would work better?

Ya, 7 questions for my first post. Sorry if it is too long. Oh, I am making a Red Hood cosplay and getting together a Bat-Family. I got a (female) Nightwing on the team. 2 more Robins and all 4 Batgirls plus Bats himself, to go. Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing your responses.

PS: I forgot who said it but: Why dont you like Deadpool???????

-CRH

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By CaptainCyke

Hey guys!

With both Fairchild and Grunge making appearances in the New 52, who would you like to see from Gen13 make an appearance next? Freefall, Rainmaker, Burnout? Personally I've always been a freefall fanboy, but I could see better storylines with Rainmaker.

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Crew,

So as far as I know, Kitty has never gone through a 2nd mutation. I only ask this because in recent issues (A+X and All New X-Men) Kitty has show that her phasing abilities makes her short out anything electrical. If this is so, why hasn't she short out any of he old school Sentinels in the past when phasing through?

Greggh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By Greggh

Hey not sure if this is the correct way to submit my questions for the podcast but.... If James is there i was wondering if he could explore the reasoning behind making (issue 7 spoiler) red tornado female( or at least look female) and also will wildcat appear in the dr fate story arc or after? Has he been drastically changed at all?

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 9

#277  Edited By Ironhawk22

Hello! I know I'm asking a bit late but hopefully you'll still answer! First a suggestion for Tony. Since you don't like or read Red Lanterns maybe you should pick up the trades for Chew instead. Because of course Chew is awesome!

A question for all: What is you're favorite Marvel Now book? Not sure if it counts but Hawkeye and if it doesn't Hulk. Although they've all been pretty good so far.

I have three questions about James JLA run. In my opinion one of the best parts of you're JLA run was the friendship between Congorilla and Starman. Would you ever consider doing a mini or ongoing about the two? Or maybe write a DCU Presents arc. As it's already been confirmed they exist, maybe have Rex the Wonder Dog thrown in there as well.

Also prior to the reboot you said that Wally might have joined once Jesse left the team? Anything you can say about that. Finally can you say anything about Justice League of Africa? I must say unlike a lot of people I enjoyed most of you're time on the book. The final issue was fantastic and was a nice send off for the team and did a good job of setting up the New 52 a little bit. I also must say I actually liked how Donna was portrayed, as it reminded me of Deb from Dexter.

Thanks everyone! Have a nice weekend!

comic_shaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By comic_shaun

Hi Tony, Corey, (James) and most importantly, Mss Sara Lima (applause). (She needs the ego boost after all your putdowns Tony, I know its for a laugh but at least balance it out, pick on Corey). I know I haven't posted alot on Comicvine, a fact that will soon be rectified, but I don't want to post about Topics that are cliched or are consistent with the trends that are spreading at the moment.I was wondering if you guys could recommend a topic for blogging/posting, I have a fair amount of comic knowledge so I'm game for anything that is recommened.

As of the matter of Batman: To clarify I feel The title was getting very dark in tone, I can handle dark , being self taught in viewing slasher horror films, thillers and dark fantasy fiction /films like our mutal favourite, Hellraiser. However, those sort of pieces don't phase me but Women getting eaten by Killer whales, James Jr the serial Killer, The macabre after dinner antics of the Court of Owls and the BRUTAL antics of Joker have left me feeling that as much as "gritty" stories are great they can be an emotional drain and I've found myself feeling progressively morbid after reading all the way through Synder's run . And Yes, I consider "The Black Mirror" till now as a full run on Batman even though they did'nt take place in the same title, the tone is very much the same even though "COO"(Court of Owls) had a bit more heroism mixed in. In the end , I'm just looking for something light hearted, I'll finish with "DOTF" and collect the trades after but Personally, Batman has no place in my monthly pile.

I've rambled on too long, I leave you with some questions and bid you all a good day.

1. Why does Reverse Flash have to be a guy, could'nt it be Iris? The suit should be green as that's the contrasting colur to red (Just read The Flash and wondered)

2. Spoiler: Constantine is the new Rip Hunter: He's keeping tabs on everyone in the DCNU as of JLD 14, Do you think that he'll have a greater part to play in up coming titles before and during "The trinity war"?

3. If you find James can you tell him not to kill Wesley Dodds? He's died in everything I've read or seen with him in it.

Thanks you guys,

and good day.

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By dcfox

Hey guys,

A question for Corey:

Last week you guys were talking about Stephen King. Corey, as the biggest Stephen King fan on the podcast, would you recommend the Dark Tower comics? I'm also a king fan but haven't had time to read the Dark Tower series. The comics seem like a good way to jump in. Thanks, love the show.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#280  Edited By htb106

Hey, guys!

These are my James Robinson questions!

1. James, I'd really like to be a writer for DC or Marvel one day and I was wondering how to start. I heard a good way to start is to try writing a story for a slightly smaller character. Can you recommend any characters like this to try out?

2. Who are your favourite artists that you've worked with?

3. What do you think of British stereotyping in other countries that make people think we talk like Victorians? It gets on my nerves!

Thanks if you've answered them!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#281  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

first I would like to say happy birthday Comic Vine, the best comic site on the interwebs. Now down to questions:

Everybody:

1. With DC trying to introduce more of there cosmic characters with the new Threshold book do you think there is a chance L.E.G.I.O.N. will turn up at some point? I love cosmic books but I think DC rely far to much on the Lantern Corps and I think it's about time we see Captain Comet, Adam Strange Brainiac 2, Starfire ect on a team again.

2. What is everybody's thoughts on Avengers Arena? Is a books that's entire hook is "your favourite character will die" really such a good idea?

Mr. Robinson

Huge fan here, The Shade was great and I'm so glad it got to run it's course and wasn't cut early also I believe Earth 2 is one of the best books DC puts out (easily better than current Justice League) so hopfully you'v got some other books planed as well. On to questions:

1. Mr Terrific's whole shtick was that he is the third smartest man on earth but now that he's not on his earth does this still hold true or has he been moved up or down the ranking? I see Terry Sloane has claimed to be the smartest.

2. Is there any characters that you really wanted to use but DC had other plans for them?

G-Man:

1. Did you find your bagel?

Thanks everybody and have a great weekend.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabat
Shallbecomeabat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By Shallbecomeabat

Hey guys, another question from me. This time about Batman. In the current arc Death of the Family, the Joker teases Batman that he knows his secret identity. Its not only a small part in the background of the story, but a really huge thing that Batman fears. My question is why that should be such a big deal? Of course Joker knows who Batman really is, since he fought Batman without his mask on in Arkham during the R.I.P. Arc (my absolute favorite comicbook run of all time. LOVE IT!). Batman had his Zur En Arrh costume and lost the mask as he stormed down into the bowels of the Asylum to rescue Jezebel Jet, where he then fought Joker for a lot of pages before going down. In the whole time Joker could see his face. Dr. Hurt even called Batman Bruce, right in front of Joker. In both instances Joker didn't even flinched, like he either knew it all along, or simply did never care before. Even when he interacted with Dick and Damian in B&R;, he seemed to know everything about them. He even took the fight to hurt on the Wayne Manor grounds. Since Scott Snyder said on the Fatman on Batman podcast to Kevin Smith that he wirtes the Batman book with all continuity and mayor storylines intact, his Joker is still the Joker who saw Bruce without the mask. Love your podcasts and finally had the pleasure of listening to James Robinson on it for the first time. I am a big fan of his Face the Face arc on Batman and think he seems like a extremely funny and cool guy, even with all the anti-german jokes (I lived in London for awhile, but am for all intents and purposes German)! Big thanks for all the great work you guys do! Looking forward to the next few podcasts.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By CaptainCyke

Hey everyone!

Although Avengers #1 was great, I can't help but get a Krokoa/Giant Sized X-Men feel from it: Cap being sent back only to gather a new team to go rescue his captured teammates (Cyke being sent to return with the new x-men). Did any of you see the same connection?

UrsaMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By UrsaMagnus

Hello everyone. I've registered specifically to ask this question of James. I just have what I hope is a quick question in regards to the Earth 2 and Worlds' Finest series.

How much coordination between yourself and Paul Levitz (or your respective editors) do you have in regards to your individual series? I ask this mainly due to the comment you made regarding the time/age of Huntress. Do you have to run things by him so he knows what's going on in your book so any history he presents doesn't contradict yours, and vice versa?

I also wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the series, and this comes from a long-time HUGE fan of the classic versions of these heroes. While I have no interest in the Nu52 outside of your (and Paul's) books, it feels good to at least still have a toe dipped in the DCU.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this, sir, and I always enjoy your participation on the podcast.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#285  Edited By x_29

What comic book character(s) would you like to see as a mall Santa Claus? For me it would be either Wolverine or the joker.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Mezmero

Hey guys,

Who's your favorite new DC character from the New 52 this year?

Amir Kahn, Calvin Roads, Simon Baz, or Harper Row. Feel free to choose anyone I might be forgetting.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Gang,

EVERYTIME I look at Fables and its trades, I feel extremely lost. Only hear good things from it but it's not in my interest, so I would like to pass it onto my girlfriend. She loves anything by the original Grimm Brothers so Fables only sounds reasonable. I guess my dilemma is, WHERE SHOULD SHE START? Preferable somewhere fresh so she wouldn't have to read every trade (my pockets aren't that deep).

Thanks!

namtabmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By namtabmi

Hey CV,

Went over to the RPG section, had a browse on the various threads...left with no idea how to get involved over there without breaking some sort of rule. Help??

Thanks

4thhorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By 4thhorseman

Which of the following is the most annoying for a resolution to a story arc where a character is different than usual?:

• Mind Control
  • Mind/Body Swap
  • Clone
  • LMD
  • Shapeshifter

Yes I know good stories can still be told, but which do you feel is the biggest cop out regardless of what kind of story is told?

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By MrShway88

Hey G-man

I know most people on comic vine want to read articles and watch videos about comic form the major two (DC and Marvel), but there are other companies out there. How about doing a weekly article featuring comics from other publishers such as Image, BOOM, or Dark Horse? The article could involve reviews, news, upcoming arcs, or anything really. This could be a good way to expose comics from different companies.

Monet_616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Monet_616

Hi guys, I'm a new member from Geneva, Switzerland. Love the site, and love listening to the podcasts while going and getting back from work. I always get funny looks when I inevitably end up laughing out loud listening to your discussions... I wanted to offer a couple thoughts I had while reading Amazing Spider-Man 699...

• Due to Doc Ock's brain device, we're told that both of our guys's thought patterns were rewritten in both bodies. Were they rewritten, or appended to the existing mind? If Doc's thoughts patterns are mixed with Peter's patterns, it stands to reason that Peter is still in there as the weaker, passive, or inferior mind, but he's still in there. Just like, Doc may yet still be in his own body, but as the passive mind (and Peter's as dominant or superior...). Could we be dealing with a multiple personality disorder type of issue with both protagonists and that, we're not necessarily looking at a mind swap, but more a mind meld? Less Freaky Friday and more Generation X's Penance, when her mind was shared with the Saint Croix twins? What do you think?
  • We saw the Sinister Six take Doc Ock's body away, supposedly with Peter's thought patterns being the dominant mind in that body. Due to illness, Doc's body has transformed, so, could a "cured" or at least a much healthier Doc Ock body (with Peter's mind) be Superior Spider-Man?

Keep up the awesome work!

CodemanMello92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By CodemanMello92

Tony, I agree with you on the Teen Titans situation with it now never happening. I have a couple theories regarding that and about the existence of Wall West. Wally West is my favorite Flash because I grew up with the Justice League cartoon and that was my first experience with him. Anyhow, with the new 52 making everyone younger, I think Wally exists, but is about 17-18. I think Daniel West is his father and he came from a broken home. What if Iris West takes him in and Wally becomes interested in forensics and interns under Barry. Making him a young adult makes sense because you can't have him being the same age as Bart. I also love the Marv Wolfman and George Perez Teen Titans run like Tony. For them to change that, especially Geoff Johns being a fan of that, upsets me. What if it happened and there was some huge event and Raven, before she was gonna die and be reincarnated into Rachel Roth, erased all their memories of those events and that could answer why Kori's mind is weird and no one remembering a Teen Titans team prior to the current team. Anyhow, like Tony says, we just got to accept what's changed. Who knows really, but I really like my Wally West theory. By the way, I think the Lady Shiva in Nightwing #0 was either the current Lady Shiva's mother or older sister. This would explain why the current one is around 21, Dick's age and still leaves the door open for Cassandra Cain to reappear as a teenager. I want to do a shout out to Sara because she's awesome, as is Tony and whenever James is on. So, what do you guys think?

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Kervan21

Hey Comic Vine crew,

Are you guys in support of WB's plans for a JUSTICE LEAGUE film? Why or why not?

I can say that at this time, I'm 100% opposed to a JL film!! WB is suffering from too many problems at the executive level and needs to fix those before they really start going forward on any of their DC properties. It's obvious to me that they're only doing a JL film for the cash grab because of the success of THE AVENGERS, but don't have the same level of commitment to their DC characters or want to tell an interesting story.

Plus if MAN OF STEEL is successful (financially and critically) I want Zack Snyder to be able to come back and make a great Superman trilogy the way Chris Nolan was able to make his definitive Batman trilogy (definitive for me at least). If WB goes ahead with their JL film, it could potentially ruin any chances for Snyder to come back for more Superman movies.

In case you haven't noticed, I've got a "drum that I'm banging." WB, focus on MOS, and give us a great Superman trilogy. Get some solo films for Wonder Woman, the Flash, and the rebooted Batman finished before doing a JL film. Marvel was able to build an entire on-film universe in just 4 years! WB can do the same.

So CV crew, where do you guys stand? Despite my "drum banging," I'm actually very curious about what you all want. Do you want WB to just get a JL film out there for the cash grab, or do you want quality solo films that eventually lead to a JL film? I prefer the latter, but I'm worried that WB is only hearing fans say "We want JL now because it would be awesome!" Unfortunately that opinion is not unanimous from fans, and I hope WB gets that message.

speedstermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By speedstermike

Would you rather read a Atom (Ryan Choi is the current Atom if I'm not mistaken) or Vibe Or Katana comic? I prefer an Atom comic rather then the other two.

What do you think about Cable and X-force being wanted for a crime while they are running they wear orange? Orange is what you wear to go hunting so no one can shoot you. (I don't hunt I just know that)

And what do you think of Punisher having a red skull?

DC IF YOUR LISTENING BRING BACK WALLY, DONNA AND CASS

majidjaved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By majidjaved

this is just an idea in my head that i think you should discuss. i think that because of the flashback in Red Hood and other mention of Roy, Dick, and Starfire being together that they could have had a team and if this is the case that the team should be called Young Justice. This would solve many gripes because with this previous team there could be other members and some of the old stories pre52 could have happened just with slight rooster changes and and the name change.

also big fan love you guys

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By Press Oblivion

Have you seen the Trailer for Pacific Rim? Whaddaya think?

@speedstermike: I know you're not talking to me but Red Skulls are awesome!

@majidjaved: I know you're not talking to me but I love the idea of pulling Young Justice into the current DCU. Love the idea.

Pauldro952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#297  Edited By Pauldro952

Hey G-man, Sara, and guests!:

This question is for all of you.

Tony, I know that you do kind of feel that there's too many bat books and too many unexplored characters. My idea is they should change detective to not being a batman exclusive book. It can just a book who's main character changes every arc. Like for example, Nightwing can be the main character sometimes, then couple months later Tim Drake or even Cassandra Cain or John Constantine. It doesn't have to be a bat book, but I think it should be in Gotham or at the very least be a mystery story playing up the detective name. What are your guys's thoughts on this idea? I know that Detective Comics has a storied history in the Batman mythology, but I can't recall arcs other than Dini's, Rucka's, Brubaker (I think), and Snyder's that have really been awesome. I'm not saying other detective comic stories were bad, but could use a little change.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#298  Edited By MatKrenz

Hey there gang I have a question for ya revolving around teen heroes at Marvel that I feel is appropriate with Avengers Arena coming out this week.

Why do you think Marvel is okay with having this book out that will surely kill a good number of teen heroes within their universe as opposed to DC ? Is it because DC has the history of side kicks being very important to their history and Marvels only side kick was Bucky ? Also I know that DC had the Culling this year, which was their Hunger Games type story, but the only person who died there was Artemis but she wasn't really that important in the grand scheme of things and didn't leave a lasting impression on me.

DDangelico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#299  Edited By DDangelico

Happy Friday Tony, Sara, and Corey!

I was just curious--now that the first wave of Marvel NOW titles have come out--what Marvel titles that have yet to come out are you looking forward most to and why?

P.S. Sara, your puppy is adorable.

Have a great weekend guys!

-David

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By fullmetalquach

Hey everyone. I just wanted to say thank you. Over the time I've been listening to the podcast I have listened to some of your reccomendations for what to read. I used to read only Marvel, but I picked up a lot more DC books based on the praises and reviews you gave. One of my new favorites is definitely The Flash. I don't know a lot about the pre-New 52 Barry Allen and other incarnations of the Flash other than that Barry was dead for a while so I don't mind not seeing Wally West mainly because I only know the character from the Justice League show (although he was one of my favorites in the show). So my question is how would you each feel if they brought back Wally West as Reverse Flash? Maybe he comes to Central City to look for Iris, discovers Barry's alter ego, and gets into a similar accident to receive Speed Force powers. It could start as a personal vendetta if he blames Iris' disappearance on Barry so he isn't a real villain like one of the Rogues, just a super powered person with a grudge. Then over time he can become a hero through whatever series of events.