Questions for Comic Vine

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, this question may be difficult to answer but i'd really like to know. If you didn't like a book, not just single issue but an entire story-line, but it was by an artist or writer who frequents your show would you tell us you didn't like it or just remain silent? For instance, if you really didn't like Scott Snyders Batman: Endgame, a book you should tell us about, would you tell us you really don't like it, lie and say it's good or simply not mention it that way you don't offend him but at the same time you don't endorse it.

We know having guests is important but at the same time praising them even when you don't like what they are doing just to make sure they continue to come back isn't really being honest to the listeners.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1102  Edited By Teerack

Hello friends!

I've finally gotten to the level of comic books where I have started to go back and read some golden age comics and I have to say they are a lot better then I was expecting. I am honestly shocked by the characters who are not present in DC currently after reading all these awesome old books.

Anyway. Are there any Golden Age characters you would want to see make a come back? I want a Psycho Pirate book!

Also on a completely unrelated note....

I recently gathered all of my Superior Spider-Man issues and moved them into my storage boxes and I got thinking. Are there any two characters you would want to see swap bodies PERMANENTLY? Would you want them to also swap powers? Please give a pair for both DC and Marvel and if you feel like it you can also name an Indie pair. For DC I think Booster Gold and Fire would be a cool swap for both design and dynamics, and I would want Fire's powers to swap with her to Booster's body(including the green hair). For Marvel I think a cool/hilarious swap would be (Adult)Jean Grey and Emma frost.

#PeterOnTheBigScreenMilesOnNetflix

Bonus Question!: Without looking it up if you went out and ordered a soda and the guy said 24 ounce or 1 quart, which one do you say if you want the smaller one?! ANSWER: 23 ounces is the answer.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

HEY FELLAS!!!!!!!!

So with Convergence coming from DC & Secret Wars from Marvel, we are getting a TON of tie-ins this summer. Concerning the tie-ins, DC is doing 2 issue books priced at $3.99 each. With Marvel it's a little ambiguous how many issues each series will get but they are also priced at $3.99. DC is putting their main books on hold during Convergence and only releasing the tie-ins, while Marvel is doing both. I'm not excited for either event, but some of these tie-ins I am looking forward to such as Suicide Squad, The Question, Modok Assassin, and Ghost Racers. With so many tie-ins, I think it'd be more reasonable if these titles were priced $2.99 instead. $3.99 seems a little steep, especially with the amount of books that will be coming our way. What do you guys think of the $3.99 cover price, does it seem reasonable to you? Are there any particular ones you are especially looking forward to? Thanks.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1105  Edited By WarDishy_

Helloooooo everybod-ay, it's question time!

Okay, now for the obligatory Star Wars question! Just for some background, I have no first-hand knowledge of the EU beyond ROTJ. My question is, do you think that Leia, post-ROTJ, should be trained as a Jedi, or do you think she would reject the path of the Jedi to focus on politics, especially factoring in the political chaos the galaxy would be in after the Emperor's death?

Okay, a couple more non-Star Wars questions now.

We all have movies from our childhoods that we loved and/or watched a lot. Possibly for me more than you since I was raised with VHS readily available. Of course some of those movies hold up, like Star Wars or The Lion King. But my question is, what movies did you like when you were younger that you now realise are baaaad movies? For me, I'll use the movie that sparked this question. I used to watch the Tom and Jerry movie as a kid but I saw it on TV recently and WOW is it bad.

Finally, I'd like to ask. As someone who has never read The Walking Dead but really enjoyed the Telltale Games videogames... does the TV show get any better than it was in S1? Because I watched S1 recently and damn was it a chore! I have no emotional connection to any of the characters in the show and found a lot of what happened to be kind of boring. I think this is the only comic book show currently airing that I'm not watching and that makes me feel bad but I don't know if I can slog through such a slow-paced show to catch up.

Thanks for answering, and have a great day!

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hello everyone hope yall are doing well. My question is I don't know if anyone is still reading the new Inhumans book, but I was just wondering if it was worth picking up? I know Tony has talked about it before but haven't heard it talked about in awhile, Agents of Shield has made me interested so just wondering if it was worth picking up, I'm sure there is a trade or two out by now.

Avatar image for trevormcdonough
TrevorMcDonough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Tony, Mat, and "Corey"! I watch the Walking Dead on Sunday, and usually after that is the show Comic Book Men. I have been watching the show for a while now after catching one episode after Walking Dead. I personally really like the show, but it seems that a lot of people don't like it. So, my question for you guys is , if you have watched it, what are your thoughts on the show? Also, I have a question for Mat. I heard that he listens to the Comedy Bang Bang podcast, and I was wondering if he watches the show on tv, and, if he does, what he thinks of it. Thanks for answering my questions guys, love the podcast, keep up the good work!

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hows it going Comic Vine Crew? Here is some stuff to talk about:

1. Are there any endings to a Graphic Novel that really stand out to you that you really love? For me, I love the second-to-last page of The Dark Knight Returns, where Clark Kent is at Bruce's funeral and Clark hears Bruce's heartbeat.

2. What shows or movies have you guys watched lately?

3. Just wondering, how come almost everytime I put a question on here, Tony changes his voice while reading my questions? Just something I've noticed.

Have a good one guys!

Avatar image for thesilverxblack
TheSilverXBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello CV Crew! Have you heard of Phoenix Jones, the real life superhero?!?! He is a real life superhero:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12432820&ex_cid=sportscenterFB

What are your thoughts on his acts of vigilantism?!

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#1110  Edited By MannEffest

Salutations once again Comic Vine! It's great to hear you guys again! I recently took a 6 month break from comics becuase of college and stuff (you could say it was a cold turkey). However, last month, I came back into the swing of things with catching up on a few books. It was nice finally coming back into the fold. Although, it was quite daunting seeing all the events that the Big Two are currently diving into. Which leads me to my question, Has there ever been a moment in your life where you took an extended break from comics for personal or financial reasons, or even just losing interest?

Also, for my fellow TeamFourStar fan Corey! What has been your favorite running/or one-shot joke in the Dragon Ball Z Abridged series?

Thanks again guys!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a74cc7c19ef7
deactivated-5a74cc7c19ef7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys!

I'm pretty new to reading comics and your podcast has really helped me a lot, so thank you!

I'm really looking forward to the DC 'relaunch' in June, because It means I can finally jump on to some books that I've wanted to check out. I'd like to find out if Wonder Woman or Green Lantern is my thing, since I haven't read any of their books yet.

My question is, where would you recommend I start reading when getting into a new character (e.g. Wonder Woman)? Should I pick up the monthly series in June, or would it be better to get some essential trades first? I'm thinking with a budget in mind. I hope this question makes sense, I appreciate the help!

cmd735

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys.

I was wondering do guys think that there will be more Marvel fans than DC fans in 10-15 years? I think there will be. I grew up watching all the Batman and Superman movies and the animated series for Batman, Superman, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. I became a huge DC fan and found that it was easy to get into the comics because I knew a lot of lore. Then I tried getting into Marvel and found it really hard since I really didn't know those characters. Today I feel the opposite is happening today with there being a ton of Marvel stuff aimed at kids and people of all ages, whereas DC is mainly focusing on the 18-40 age range.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1113  Edited By FearTheLiving

Hey Tony, Matt, & Corey

I've been reading a lot of older comics and it got me thinking. Have you guys ever considered doing the occasional retro review? Perhaps a single issue or a story arch or something? Obviously it's not something I'd expect to see all the time but I think i'd would be fun either reading or listening about you guys dissecting an older issue kind of like a book club. Plus I don't think you'd really have to worry about spoiling it for people given the age of some of the series you could go back to. (Or you could put it at the end just in case people don't wanna be spoiled).

Either way it's just a thought and I thought it would be fun to hear.

PS I listen to both podcasts.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I have a question about Green Arrow & The Flash. Have they ever been really good friends in the comics?

What have been some of your favorite runs in the New 52 & Marvel Now?

TrevorMcDonough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I am going to Wonder Con next month, and I have never gone to it before. I was wondering if you guys could give me any tips on what I need to see or do there. I have only been to San Diego Comic Con, and I have heard that this is a lot different. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys, love the podcast, keep up the good work!

P.S. I also listen to that other podcast with the really long name, and I hope you guys continue to do it.

Avatar image for electroshreddie
Electroshreddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Uncanny Inhumans replacing Inhuman or is Inhuman set to return after Secret Wars.

Ruroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1119  Edited By Ruroken

Hello gentlemen of the comicvine podcast!

First things first, don't "End" The Super Massive ComicBook Podcast of Stuff! I love it!

More to the point, I had a few questions for you, one kinda comic related, the others not.

1) Do you have any "nerd flaws" that you're willing to own up to? I think of a nerd flaw as either not enjoying or never getting into something that is widely accepted as being awesome and is loved by most people in "nerd culture". For me, I can't think of anything comic related, but I also play video games and I have never really gotten into The Legend of Zelda. I also love movies and have had the worst time trying to watch The Godfather. Hope this makes sense!

2) Did any of you play an instrument in band in High School? Or sing in choir perhaps? I'm just curious because Tony talks about how good his daughter is at the violin and music in general and also because I play the trumpet am majoring in music education!

Thanks guys for answering and I love all the shenanigans you guys get into during the podcast! Thanks for doing an awesome job!

NickInACage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hey guys, we´ve been tasked in school to read some cold war stories. Do you know about any good comicbooks about cold war? The more serious the better.
PS, I´m not crazy, I just ment, why does everyone use the exact phrase "Keep up the good work". Now I feel hurt.

jashah17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1121  Edited By jashah17

Hey guys this is my first time asking a question. I have been listening now for 2 years and really enjoy the show.

Recently I have not been reading the Hickman storyline for avengers. I had stopped after infinity. I have been gathering ever issue though. This last week I finally sat down and caught up to the current avenger/new avenger issues. I ended up looking over your reviews and noticing you are not to fond of the storyline. I can see this being the case week to week. It doesn't seem like much can happen in a single issue. Would you guys be interested in doing a review for the collected storyline of time runs out when it is finished? I truly think it is a much better story collected as a whole.

Thank you for everything you do,

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Comicvine, which of the following two creative teams would you rather see on an All New Dr Strange book, Ellis/Shalvey or Blackman/del Mundo. When considering your answer ignore scheduling conflicts if the team is already working on a different project. Also, if you have another creative team you would like to see please share. Thanks again for podcasting, I always enjoy it every week.

Eli_Challa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashah17 I agree but still enjoy reading the single issues. reading it as a whole will be much better. I've started reading volume 1 of avengers again n it's still great to read.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

1. Can you guys recommend any must read Ultron & Black Adam stories or trades? I recently read Rage of Ultron and thought it was great & now I want to read more stories involving Ultron. & Black Adam, the only stories I read with him being in it was the Shazam back-ups in Justice League, his villain's month issue and Forever Evil. I think he's a cool character and I want to read more stories with Black Adam.
  2. I had read somewhere I think it was in the DC Comics Database that Sinestro and Black Adam were friends prior to Forever Evil. Is that true? Have Sinestro and Black Adam ever meet before Forever Evil?
  3. What have been some of your favorite runs in comics?
Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hi,

First, I want to say that I really enjoy both podcasts and I've been listening to them through iTunes almost every week for about six months now. Please don't ever cancel either of them.

Now, I have three questions:

Have you ever considered teaming up with other podcasts to make a special show every so often? For example, I also listen to the Screen Rant Underground podcast, and I was thinking that it might be neat if you teamed up with them to talk about and review one of the bigger movies sometime, like Age of Ultron or Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I was thinking it could maybe be called the "Supermassive Underground Comic Book Movie Special Edition Podcast"

I was also curious how you first found the site, and how and when you started working for it.

Finally, if it was discovered that the Marvel and DC multiverses were real, and that there was a way to travel to them, would you do it? If so, where would you go? Please say universe, planet, and, if the planet is Earth, the city. (For the purposes of this game, pretend the incursions and the road to Secret Wars never started)

Thanks!

Whosfreug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey G-Man and the funky bunch!

First time, long time yadda yadda just wanted to say how great of a job you guys do with both pod casts and i hope neither one leaves us (my commute to work is a pleasure because of them)!

On to the question, what is your favorite alternate version of a character ie: Dick Grayson as Batman or Ben Reilly as Spider-man?

Hope to see you guys at NYCC this year!

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1127  Edited By theMightyMODOK

Hey Tony, Mat and Corey!

Who would you like to see join the new Flarrow-verse?

And who do you think would be a good big-bad and a title for the show?

Also do you think that there is any hope for us to get closure on the CLONE series?

And just to clarify my thoughts on Supergirl - I just think that the TV show should be renamed Superwoman, I mean in the show she is a woman and I think it's a bit silly that she would call her herself Supergirl when she's in her mid twenty's.

Thank for answering and keep up the good work!

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey podcast gang,

I have a dilemma I was hoping you guys could help solve. Stan Lee is scheduled to be at Boston Comic Con. However, the cost of the VIP ticket to meet him is nearly $400. VIP ticket includes a pass for all three days of the con, a Q&A session, a photo with Stan, and one autograph. I've always wanted to meet him and this will probably be my only chance. I have the money but I really should be putting that money to more important things. What should I do? Also, if I do go through with it, what should I have him sign and what should I wear? Thanks.

TexHex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys,

this is Ron, long time listener, first time questionner from Germany. Having just finished Baternal, and seeing that all in all people pretty much liked it, I can´t help but wonder: Doesn´t anyone notice all the plotholes and questions left unadressed? Or did I simply not get the story. How could Cluemaster and March open an actual gate to hell? Or initiate an artificial earthquake? Why did Cluemaster tell Steph that Bruce Wayne was behind it all before she got away? Etc etc etc. It´s Flashpoint / Pandora all over again - I just don´t know whether the writing´s bad or I´m just too dumb. How do you guys feel about Baternal? Do you have some ideas regarding my questions? And is comic book plots getting tougher to follow an experience that you share?

Best regards

Ron

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Hello Peeps Tony, Mat, and Korey. Finished watching Daredevil has been awesome. Tied with Flash as my favorite comic book TV series.

If you had to chance to write a 5-6 character Marvel OR DC team book, which characters would you pick to be part of your comic? You can pick any characters. And what would be the main plot or theme behind your team book?

My team would consist of Squirrel Girl, Deadpool, Moon Knight, Misty Knight, Howard THe Duck, and The Punisher.

And Mat and Korey... U disappoint & bring shame to the Endless Promo Fanbase for not doing a Wrestlemania 31 Podcast. C'MON!!! It's Wrestlemania! The grandest Stage of ALL!!!

~MiB

sprayberry88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Tony, Matt, and Corey, I gots questions for you guys regarding Spider-Man and his various clones and such. First what were your thoughts on the Clone Saga? Second, same question regarding the Ben Reilly adventures that followed? The general consensus is that the Clone Saga went on for far too long, and that it got a little over the top (of course this is the world of comics we're talking about here...). Personally I'm a huge fan of Ben and Kaine, and both incarnations of Scarlet Spider, so as you might guess I'm a huge fan of the Clone Saga and most things relating to and spinning out of it including the much maligned Spider Island event! Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

Much Love.

4th_wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1132  Edited By 4th_wind

Hey there, gents. It's been awhile since I've dropped a line but I seem to find that most of the questions I come up with get answered before I past them. I have one for you now, though.I've just finished reading Planetary for the I-don't-know-how-many-eth time and I always seem to catch something I missed before. Is there a book you go back to repeatedly and find something new or something you just didn't understand before? Thanks for the great content every week!

TheMattenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More podcasts of Mat slowly descending into madness and singing please

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is for Mat and Cory (hopefully they're both there).

More proof that Lucha Underground is aaaaaaawesome!

(left to right) Drago, Scorpion, Pentagon Jr.
(left to right) Drago, Scorpion, Pentagon Jr.

Avatar image for frostbitewyxxle
FrostbiteWyxxle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there fellers,

I recently reread the marvel event, "Infinity" and came up with a question for you all.I feel like most marvel readers like the character of Blackbolt, myself included, but after reading the Marvel event I feel like Blackbolt's actions actually show a really dark side to the character.

***infinity spoilers below?***

The reason he blows up Attilan and released the Terrigen Mist is to ensure the survival of his people and while that makes sense I can't help but feel like BlackBolt actions needs to be judged a little bit more based on the impact of his decisions.

Because of BlackBolt's actions, the destroyed floating base of Attilan comes falling down onto part of New York destroying several buildings and killing an untold amount of people, the transformation of Thane causes every inhuman/human in the surrounding area to be instantly killed, and then any inhuman who was unable to survive the terrigen mist transformation lost their lives because BlackBolt decided it was time.

My question to you is, do you think Blackbolt should still be considered a hero or even a good person? Should some sort of punishment be inflicted on the character? I know he hid a lot of his actions/intent by using Thanos' attack as the reason for everything but I imagine some characters would start to see the truth, and even if characters such as the avengers never learned the real truth and everything goes back to normal, are readers just supposed to accept he did whats best for his people and continue rooting for him in "uncanny inhumans" and current "inhumans"?

Ultimately his actions just plainly caused a lot of deaths to both inhumans and humans and I have a hard time believing that if a dictator or someone like Hitler killed a lot of people for the betterment of their own people, we would have a hard time just being like, "okay, they did what they had to" and move on. But that kind of seems to be the case when reading inhumans

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Wyxxle

never_again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi Chaps,

I have a question about DCs recent announcement regarding continuity, with DiDio saying "story will trump continuity" and the recent developments in Batman 40 and Green Lantern 40.

The solicits for the upcoming months of Justice league suggest that it is still Bruce and Hal on the team, do you think that DCs continuity announcement was a bit ground work for this?

Small continuity problems never really bothered me, Batman being in 30 titles a month just means he has a really good scheduling app on his phone, but I'm not sure how I feel about dead characters still appearing in other books under the "continuity doesn't matter anymore" banner... wait, I do know how I feel about it, I don't like it.

Of course this might not be the case, knowing that covers and solicits never fully represent the story, but if it is do you think it might be a step to far?

I would normally discuss this with my only other comic book reading friend, but he's recently given up comics and doesn't care about my ramblings anymore, so I've come to you guys instead.

Keep up the good work, love listening to the podcast on my walk to work.

Cheers

Andy

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Hello brobros!

How do does Multiversity, Darkseid War, and Convergence relate to each other? They seem so similar.

Do you guys think there is BIGGER event/crisis (Like Secret Wars) coming in DC soon Because of books like them?

- I was going through and researching some underused DC characters (DC has a lotttt of them) and I can not believe DC doesn't push a character like ICON more. It is almost bad as how WWE treats their black wresters (haha joking it's not that compared to WWE). I wish DC would give spotlight to more of their black characters besides Cyborg and Jon Stewart. They don't get enough love.

SO guys if you CAN, what comics/series can you recommend for ICON, Static Shock, Black Lightning, and Mister Terrific? I have looked online and I can not find any.

~MiB

jrphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1138  Edited By jrphoenix

Hi Guys,

I appreciate the podcast and all of your hard work. I like hearing the reviews and later reading your reviews for comics on the web site. I was curious if you guys think there may be a general bias in reviews with the "big two" comics and "indy press" comics with some review sites. Over the past few months I have seen several review scores that just seem to not mesh with what the reviewer is writing about the comic, this same leniency is not extended to mainstream titles to my knowledge.

For example. I was reading the reviews on the series "Supreme Blue Rose". Several of the reviewers couldn't make sense of the story but, "love the art" and had confidence the story would make sense in later issues and proceeded to give 9.0 scores. I saw the same thing with "Nameless"... reviewers not understanding what was going on and giving really high review scores. One review site said "the story makes no sense but, the art is amazing", while giving an almost flawless review score? It just seems like these review scores are given because of the big names writing the book even though the some of the reviewers couldn't comprehend the story. I made the mistake of looking at the overwhelmingly high scores and bought the issues only to be disappointed. Count me in now as an avid reader of detailed reviews and I now feel like there are some reviews sites that can't be trusted.

Do you guys think their is more scrutiny with big two books and more leeway given to creator owned books?

jrphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1139  Edited By jrphoenix

Hi Guys,

I had an surreal experience a couple weeks ago with reading the DC 52 weekly comic from 2006. I took several years away from comics and got back into reading during AVX / Marvel Now. I have been an avid Marvel, Dark Horse, Image reader ever since. I didn't really get into DC beyond Batman due to the high cost of comics today and I was never much of DC fan back in the 80's and 90's when I was previously reading. I was getting caught up on some recent big "event" stories that I had missed (Civil War, House of M, Avengers Disassembled, etc...). I kept hearing a great event for DC was 52 the weekly series. I tried it out and beyond the Black Adam arch, what a confusing snooze fest. I was bored and couldn't get into or keep myself focused on the story.

I'm assuming I didn't like this story because I had no familiarity with the characters at all, was this a horrible "jumping on point"? For the first time I was thinking this must be what it feels like for a person with no back knowledge of these characters to try and read a comic. It was a sobering experience! I think Marvel has been doing a great job with some new books / jumping on points with Hawkeye, Ms Marvel, All New Ghost Rider. I know they have had some misses too. Do you guys see our hobby as too difficult of a medium for a casual reader?

Image has some great new series, of DC / Marvel which company is more accessible to new readers?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1140 tparks  Online

Hey guys. I've heard you guys talk about how poor comic marketing is, given how popular the movies are. I know they still aren't advertising the comics themselves, but I saw something cool this weekend, when I bought my ticket for Age of Ultron.

If you buy your ticket for Age of Ultron on Fandango.com, it gives you a bonus bundle of digital comics through the marvel/comixology app. It comes with:

Avengers Origins: Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch #1

Black Widow #1

Captain America #1

Hawkeye #1

Hulk #1

Superior Iron Man #1

Thor: God of Thunder #1

How cool is that? Not only will this get comics into new hands, but it gets people to make a Marvel.com account, and gives them a taste of what they're seeing in the theater, and shows them an easy way to get started with comics, which is digital. I think the general public doesn't even know digital comics exist and now a lot more people will. This is one step closer to getting someone to take a step into a comic shop.

Just thought I'd share.

Whosfreug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1141  Edited By Whosfreug

What's up guys!

Don't worry about butchering my name, Tony it's hilarious and you're pretty close anyway. Just like the first jump in the Matrix, no one ever gets it on the first try. (pronounced: "who's Froig")

Any who, here's my attempt to get you guys on another tangent by asking a question I've thought a lot about over the years. If you could integrate one character from any publisher into another's book for a mini series, who would it be and why?

For example The Riddler is one of my all time favorite villains and I would love to see him clash with Magneto in his current de-powered state. Something about a man as intelligent and cryptic as the Riddler taking over Genosha and going toe to toe with the master of magnetism in a battle of wits makes me wish crossovers like that were ever possible.

As always keep up the good work and vote Aunt May-Herald of Galactus for President!

TaxidermyLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With nearly every new comic book series getting a second season renewal, Constantine is the only one that is being cancelled at 1. What would be the one show you would have cancelled instead of Constantine, why?

The list of 2nd series renewal... Gotham Daredevil Flash Agent Carter Powers iZombie

Which series would you cancel to keep the other?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1143 tparks  Online

I'm curious if anyone's heard anything about any more books coming out of Darryl Makes Comics. The first DMC book was surprisingly awesome. I loved the art, and the story kept me hooked enough to want to see more from the world that was being built.

Also, I'd love to see Darryl McDaniels on the other podcast again, if you can somehow swing it. He was a great guest, and his passion for comics really blew me away.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1144  Edited By WarDishy_

Hey champs! (Or is it chumps?)

Sorry I haven't asked any questions lately but here's some for you now.

First, I've been reading Marvel unlimited a lot this month. First I was reading a lot of sixties Marvel, which is interesting but hard to slog through a lot at once due to the dated writing style and the casual sexism and racism. My question is, have you read much early Marvel stuff, and if so, what was your favourite? I personally enjoyed the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko work on Spider-Man and Dr Strange the most, and also was amused by the early Ant-Man stories.

Secondly, I also started reading the Ultimate universe from the beginning across all titles. Most of it has been good so far, with a few small rough patches, but I was wondering, what are the best runs/stories in the Ultimate universe that I should look out for, and which ones should I avoid?

And finally, this isn't comics-related at all but I don't have anyone else to talk to so I'm calling this one a bonus question. Are any of you current or lapsed boxing fans, and if so, who are or were your favourite boxers?

There a few names that automatically come up in people's minds like Ali, Tyson, the Sugar Rays, etc. so I'm going to shout out a boxer who I feel is a little bit underrated, Floyd Patterson. His high-profile first round losses against Sonny Liston bump him down most people's rankings when they think of great heavyweights but he was small for a heavyweight (originally fighting at light-heavyweight) and did a great job defeating most people he fought at that weight.

P.s. Pacquiao vs Mayweather was spectacularly bad and I feel bad for the American fans who got fleeced. The fight was a lot cheaper in some countries and free in Mexico and the Philippines but I heard it was $100 PPV in the U.S.

TrevorMcDonough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hay Comic Vine crew! I was was reading Grant Morrison's Doom patrol book the other day, and it made me really want a new Doom Patrol series. So, I was wondering if you guys have ever read an old trade that makes you want a modern version of that series, and if so which books? Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sup G-Man, Corey and Mat with one "T". I haven't commented in a while, so I figured its about time.

1. So Mad Max is pretty great! Other than the cancelled Justice League, what CBM would you like to see George Miller direct?

2. So I have an issue with my LCS. First and foremost, the people that work there are dicks. Second, they are always messing up my pulllist and are trying to sneak extra comic into my pullbox. So I want to start going to a different LCS in my mall, where the workers are a lot more chill. but they don't do pullboxes, so thats kind of annoying. So I guess I'm kind of asking what I should do. #HelpMeGMan

Whosfreug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's up crew!

We've been spoiled lately with an influx of some pretty great comic book and "nerd culture" books/movies/TV lately, and have found myself watching the Star Wars trailers about 10,000 more times recently.

The new Star Wars titles are great and have really rejuvenated some life into the massive franchise which led me to think about some of the more obscure characters of the universe I'd like to show up. My question to you guys is which "B" level character would make you smile if you saw them make an appearance in one of the titles? I know Matt and Corey are fan-boys for IG-88 and I personally love me some Plo Koon. More Predator looking alien Jedi's for everyone!

As always keep up the great work. Bye for now.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, so I'll admit I'm really confused with how the tie-ins fit into Secret Wars. I'm assuming these aren't the characters I'm familiar with from the 616. What was your guys insight into all these books and how they fit into Secret Wars? Thanks guys and keep up the great work!