Testla1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 1

#851  Edited By Testla1

Hey guys, I have a couple questions...

First off, I've started running into a problem where I'm running out of space for my comics. I'm getting close to needing a 10th box and I just don't know where to put them. I was thinking about getting the Drawer Boxes I saw online and getting a 5x5 storage space. That would fend me off against the avalanche of boxes for a good while. Do you guys have any suggestions that might be more cost effective?

Next, I was wondering if there was a way to see variant covers BEFORE they actually hit the shelves? Just curious.

Thanks for the help and for keeping me entertained to and from work!

whythelastdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#852  Edited By whythelastdan

Hey guys. Before I get to my question I wanted to comment on something you were talking about in regard to the Lois Lane issue, hope that's ok. You were mentioning how having 'Superman' in the title wasn't going to help the book sell any more but I think that the reason they do this is for alphabetical shelving purposes. Having it be 'Superman Presents: Lois Lane' or 'Batman: Joker's Daughter' allows shops to still shelve those books with the Superman and Batman titles, instead of having one wayward one-shot floating around in the 'L' or 'J' sections. So really, although it may not help it sell more issues, it may help not sell fewer by grouping it close to the titles it would tie into.

So now what I'm really here for: I was just catching up on Remender's Captain America and was noticing the huge improvements in art now (Nick Klein) compared to the first arc (Romita Jr). It got me thinking about how that first arc could be one of the great cap stories if they would just go back and redo the art and it bums me out a bit. So my question is, are there any stories that you guys love that you wish could get a do over in the art department?

Thanks!

Dan

Avatar image for adam_warlock_lives_again
Adam_Warlock_Lives_Again

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Guys.....first post
Both Comic Vine podcasts have become my favorites to listen to.....
I just listened to the James Robinson interview, and I noticed how there seemed to be some concern about the longevity of his new Invaders title.
Do you believe double shipping and the cover price of $3.99 vs $2.99 that Marvel has instituted will ultimately push some "good" titles to quick cancelation?

In my opinion Marvel in its attempt to get market share might hurt itself in the long run. For example I thought the Invaders title was decent, but I'm not sure how long I will stay with it, espicially since its $3.99 vs some other Marvel Now titles at $2.99

I make a good living but spending under $40 a week on books has now become tough to acomplish (thats with a 20% discount) If marvel went back to a normal monthly schedule I would be less likely to drop the "decent" titles.

"Hey is that good ole Van Jensen coming around the bend? YEEHAW!!"

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I just listened to the podcast from March 7, 2014 and I wanted to say that I have cousins with the last name Ball and it's literally pronounced like the ordinary ball. They literally could name their kids Tennis, Basket, Soccer, and Dodge and it would be pronounced the same. Just thought I'd let you know.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#856  Edited By dotwilson

hey podcast crew- Big fan/first post - and just wondering what you guys think:

Who do you think needs a new costume - in the Marvel U? in the DC U?

talk amongst yourselves

-dotwilson

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone love the show and have a few more questions for you guys.

1. With avengers 2 age of ultron are they going to be able to say he's made of adamantium? I know you guys don't know I'm just asking your opinions. Or do you think he'll be made of vibranium and this could be a tease to black panther?

2. I recently found out that scott Lobdell wrote some of the very first comics I ever read and it made me wonder are there any comics you were surprised at who wrote them. I had the same thing happen when I read flashpoint project superman and say Scott Snyder wrote it.

Last but not really a question more of something I found funny. On the 16th invincibly super massive podcast Brian said he would love to be on detective comics with Francis. I think that's funny cause this was almost a year ago. Thanks guys love the show. Keep it up.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hola amigos!

I was just chill in down behind my local comic shop, you know? Cos I'm a badass and all, and My friends and I were arguing over whether or not Simon Baz was even really a member of the Justice League of America, seeing as he never went on any missions with them, and when he was in the comic, he was mostly just in the background scoutin' out the situation and never even bothered to open his mouth.

Also, I was just wondering if I was the only one getting a little bit tired of all of the fun facts in scott snyder's books. You know, where he'll start off a characters monologue (Internal or vocally) with a completely obscure fact that (most of the time) becomes relevant later on in the issue. I'm just a little bit tired of it seeing as I can't buy all of his characters being complete geniuses like that (In that his main characters do multiple monologues like these)

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

Let me begin by extending my greetings to those of you in the past receiving this message on behalf of all of us living in September, 2016. In a way, the five year experiment that was the New 52 drew to a close a little over a week ago, on that last Wednesday of August. Yet that continuity can and will continue on, as will the pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, and countless Elseworlds as well, all thanks to the successor to the New 52, the Infinite Imprint Initiative.

The Infinite Imprint Initiative is a move away from the editorial driven singular continuity that was the New 52. Instead of DC’s iconic characters inhabiting a single shared universe, or even a shared multiverse, multiple iterations of such characters exist across multiple imprints which have no interaction with one another. In a response to the booming success of the indie scene, the Infinite Imprint Initiative is creator driven, with a single auteur exercising nearly complete creative control over an individual title or family of titles.

In addition to greater creator control, the second platform of the Infinite Imprint Initiative is the replacement of ongoing series with limited series, essentially formalizing story arcs as distinct titles (not unlike what Mark Millar did with Ultimates 1 & 2 in the early 2000s). Within the Infinite Imprint Initiative only two ongoing anthology titles exist: volumes 3 of Detective Comics and Action Comics. This allows for a greater proliferation of #1s (and thus greater profitability) as well as more numerous and obvious jumping on points for new readers. In fact, the start of the Infinite Imprint Initiative saw the biggest spike in new readership to comics of the 21st century, even more so than the start of the New 52 five years ago. Furthermore, event fatigue has all but disappeared, while at the same time, every single title is in essence an event.

The third and final pillar of the Infinite Imprint Initiative is digital first exclusivity. All comics are now made to be read natively in a widescreen, guided view format, with the unique transitions and use of hyperlinks first introduced in Marvel Infinite and DC squared. These will later be printed in limited run trade paper backs, but printed single issues are a rare gimmick aimed mostly at collectors. The demographics of the comic community have changed drastically in the last two years, so that the overwhelming majority of sales are for digital comics through Comixology, to the point that it has become unprofitable for either DC or Marvel to continue eating the cost of printing and shipping paper comics. Without such overhead DC has seen its highest profit margins in decades.

In summary, the Infinite Imprint Initiative which replaces the New 52 is built around Three Pillars:

• Greater Creator Control
  • Limited Series instead of Ongoing Titles
  • Digital Replacing Print

Finally, as proof that I'm really from the future, tomorrow's winning lotto numbers will be...

4 8 15 16 23 42

D_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Comic vine crew

I am writing this question in March, which is Colon Cancer awareness month!
If you are 50 years or older to talk to your doctor about getting screened for colon cancer.

I work in an Endoscopy unit in a hospital and patients can sometimes be waiting a long time before having their procedure done. Comic books are light enough to flip through but more engaging than magazine and thus helps to pass the time better for the patients. Are any all age appropriate trade paper backs you think patients would enjoy reading while they are in our waiting room/holding area? Also, because it is recommended to be screened for colon cancer after you turn 50, most of the patients are of that age group. Do you think the patients 50 years and older would prefer golden/silver age comic books?

This question/public service announcement was brought to you by D_knight.

Thanks for time and any suggestions.

k_pena16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watch I am Legend (2007). about 7 1/2 minutes in the movie after the lions steal will smiths deer kill. there is a superman batman movie symbol

No Caption Provided

keith pena

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#862  Edited By WarDishy_

Hey G-Man and the Robins, hope you're having a nice day so far. I was going to ask this question on the other podcast but then I remembered that Tony never has time to play video games. So here goes.

In light of the continued financial success and critical acclaim of the 'Arkham' series of games, why do you think other superheroes (except Spider-Man) do not get their turn in the industry? I adore the Batman games but I think it would be great to see QUALITY titles starring other heroes. Do you think it's because the mass-market appeal of Batman and Spider-Man, who are known to the general gaming public who do not read comics, is much more attractive to a business than taking a risk on a potentially great property that doesn't have that 'star-power'?

Also, who do you think would be able to pull off a Superman game? Rocksteady makes fantastic Batman games but Superman would require a totally different style of play and really his very nature as an indestructible dude who flies and has like 20 other superpowers would pose a challenge to anyone. Would you like to see Rocksteady apply their skills to the Big Blue Boy Scout, or is there another developer whose take you would be interested to see?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#863  Edited By d9000

Hi,

Great podcast guys, it's nice to hear people talk about comics and superheroes again (doesn't happen in my world much anymore, sadly).

Anyway, this first part is just an overly long buildup to my question, feel free to skip it if you want to save time...

When I was a kid I never actually got to read any comics. As an adult I've been reading and loving them for years and I've always thought the thing that hooked me was the cartoons I watched as a little kid, specifically Batman (1992), X-Men (1992), and Spider-Man (1994). I've watched all the seasons of each show several times and I personally think they hold up great (story-wise at least). I've tried to take note of new superhero cartoons as they come out to see what they're like and I've found that only three are as good as my 90s shows. Justice League (+ Unlimited), Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and Young Justice.

Question is, am I being overly nostalgic about these 90s cartoons? Maybe the only reason I like them so much is because I had so much fun watching them when I was 10. And does anyone have an opinion on current superhero cartoons? Are the three I mentioned actually the best or am I missing something?

Let me know if this topic interests you at all. I've got a few more questions and comments about TV stuff but if it doesn't appeal to you guys don't worry about it. I only just found your podcast so I don't know if you've talked about it before.

Thanks,

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#864  Edited By WarDishy_

Hey, this one's for Mat.

Do you ever get tired or just plain fed-up of (a) being called Corey or (b) the whole running gag about you hating superhero comics? Personally I love the gags and they're one of my favourite parts of the show, but does it get out of hand when people (like me) use the gags outside of the podcast? Are you afraid of being typecast?

Let me know, because I've used the gag a few times in my limited interaction with you before, but the last thing I want is to be the annoying guy you don't know who makes jokes about you.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

Hey guys, its that time where you guys give an opinion about what stories I should read for a particular character! Joking aside, I would love your opinion on what specific Hellboy stories are a must buy. I hear that the first two collections are where to start but I want to find the ones that stand out, and I would love your opinions on the matter.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#866  Edited By dreamfall31

I was looking to add an X-Men book to my pull list as they're the side of the Marvel universe I don't know much about. Out of the current X-Men books, which one do you think would be the best for me being relatively new to X-Men?

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#867  Edited By scouts1998

Hello g-man and corey, but not matt. Just joking, you get a special hello.

First time posting a question for this podcast.

This one is for corey, I have read the first 2 invincible trades and noticed that the Guardians of the Globe is a copy of the justice league and that invincible's name is mark grayson. Does the copying and links to marvel and DC continue through out the series. Also i can't wait to read more.

Also what is sara up to now. It has been nearly a year since she left.\

lastly here is a request for a song and it is comic book related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvEMc45NEY

SierraWhisky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868  Edited By SierraWhisky

Hey guys, got another question for you.

Me and my buddies were watching Kick Ass 2 last night and seeing Hit Girl go HAM on everyone someone asked, Hit Girl vs Robin (Time Drake). Who wins? We generally agreed if they used weapons, it'd go to Hit Girl. If just hand to hand (no weapons) I said Robin. What do you guys think? If they do use weapons they can fight to the death and whoever dies can be back in two years so it's all good.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

Hey Guys ! I was just wondering, do you think the Marvel Relaunches have been successful ? I am really curious to see the numbers and if titles like Daredevil who did not have a big creative change also see the same boost and to what affect. If it is successful, I can't imagine DC not wanting to try this in the future. Thoughts ?

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey guys love the podcast's. So here's my question - What is your opinion on the TV series Smallville and also its season 11, becuase all I get are huge amounts of mixed reviews saying its either bull-poo or Great stuff... so what do you think?

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hey guys, I don't know if you have time to do this on the air, but with convention season coming around, one of the big ones for us in the southeast has always been Heroes Con. I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions from looking at their guest list of what writers or artists would be worth checking out that might be flying under the radar a little bit. To give you an example, last year everyone was there to see guys like Neal Adams and Steranko, but I stumbled upon Dan Duncan, who at the time was the artist on TMNT who I got some amazing artwork from. Are there any names that you see that are worth checking out, that might not jump out at first glance. Here is a link:

http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/guests/

Thanks again and keep up the awesome work.

TheAntiVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soup guys

I was wondering how you guys would feel about a green lantern anthology series instead of the upcoming sinestro book in april, and calling it Tales of the Corps. It would follow a member of a rainbow corps/orange construct through fun space adventures in 1-4 issue story arcs and it would stay away from the tiring crossovers in the lantern universe. There would be a rotation of writers and artists giving a chance for DC writers and artists to do something different and give new writers and artists a chance in the industry.

(read this part after the answers are given)

and how would you feel if it was a digital first comic?

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hey gang!

Can superman 'recharge' from someone's sunburn(As if he were otherwise cut-off from the sun.)?

Avatar image for megatronsoutofenergon
megatronsoutofenergon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey guys been awhile thanks for the pull list help it was much needed. since we are/or about to be on batman's 75th when you guys get to this question I was wondering do you believe they will bring Damien back or go with harper row as bluebird for batman and...(robin). also why is there such a divide between the lovers and haters of Damien I mean he was suppose to be bratty. but he had amazing character development towards the end obviously I am a Damien lover such fun he was especially with rick grayson...I mean dick my bad..

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#875  Edited By saoakden

What do you think is the key to making a successful to a comic book movie, for that matter a successful trilogy?

Is there any characters you would be interested in seeing on the big screen? I would personally want to see Batman Beyond or Spider-Man 2099 on the big screen.

Are there any characters that you feel should get their costume updated or changed?

S3kShun62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#876  Edited By S3kShun62

Hey Guys,

I know you've all answered this question several times, and I can't be bothered to go back through each podcast and find the answer, but for a new reader interested in Moonknight, what would you recommend starting with? This is mainly for my girlfriend since she has taken an interest in reading comics since we started dating. She's picked up and enjoyed several of the Marvel noir books and wants something similar, but is open to other styles. Any help to keep her interested is really appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Dom

chaddum96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Tony, "Corey" and Matt. I have a few questions and things to say:

1. A few weeks ago I said how much Corey and Matt sound alike, but I think I have figured it out. Corey does not exist. Corey is a persona made by Matt, who is actually dealing with Dissociative Identity Disorder. This is why no one knows what Corey actually looks like/ why we've never seen his face.

2. What is your most anticipated movie of 2014? Mine is, unfortunately, TMNT. I'm a huge TMNT fan, so even though this movie doesn't look amazing, I still can't wait to see it for some reason.

3. Lastly, I have a music request: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

adamcrouch17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Tony, Corey, and Matt I really enjoy listening to the podcast each week. I don't really know any other comic fans and my wife can only take so much, so it's nice to be able to hear you guys talk about them.

My question is regarding Invincible. I haven't read the series too much, but I constantly hear high praise. With the scene in issue #110 though, I started feeling like there was a bit of a double standard regarding Invincible and other superhero comics. I'm trying not to say anything spoilery so I won't refer to it specifically, but I feel that the level of violence in Invincible is no more subtle than that of stories like Infinite Crisis and Identity Crisis. I enjoyed both of those stories, but often see the same people criticize their violence and yet praise Invincible's. Do any of you feel this is a legitimate point or is the violence in Invincible somehow more valid.

Also I would like to ask if anyone has read James Robinson's Starman. It is a really great story about family and legacy. I suggest it. Matt might even like it because Jack Knight also hates superheroes.

Also the guy from the past podcast said "Which BRITISH superheroes should be adapted to the screen" in his audio recording.

Thanks guys and keep it up.

SWagner017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hey everyone!

Had a question for all of you about the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie. From the trailer we were introduced to one of the songs that is on Peter Quill's mixed tape, "Hooked on a Feeling" by Blue Swede. Based on the time era of this song, I was wondering what other songs you would want to see on the rest of the mixed tape or think might be on there? To Tony: DJing is encouraged. Spin that!

-Sean

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I was wondering how you would feel about the Batman and Robin series becoming a series based in the past with Grayson as Robin. Maybe even a miniseries like that. Also, how do you feel about this series currently? Do you think it'll lead to some big event where Damian gets brought back?

Nightwing82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#881  Edited By Nightwing82

how it going guys!! Hopefully you can help me as i'm so confused!! in the New 52 whats the relationship between Kathy Kane, Kate Kane & Bruce Wayne?? are Bruce and Kate cousins??

as always love the podcasts

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#882  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
No Caption Provided

Do you think Marvel will have Doc Ock now try to be a hero in his own (or a younger cloned) body? The Superior Doc Ock? He could be a sort of anti hero, pretty much like he is in Peter's body but now in his own without the pretense of being Spider-Man. Could show him struggle to be good against his reputation now that its back on him, because being Spider-Man gave him the chance to be heroic without his past getting in the way, but now it would. Would you guys want to see that?

Now he is the Superior Doc Ock proving he is better than he used to be, a better man.

mcbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone love the show and look forward to it every week. That being said I also wanna hear your thoughts about these questions. First off has there ever been a series everyone was raving about that you just couldn't get into? For me it's saga and I hear you all love it but I just can't get into it. What stories ,if any, have you had this problem with? On the same note is there a series or storyline everyone loves but you can't get into? Don't get me wrong I think it's groundbreaking for what it is but I just think watchmen is okay. What about you are there any you feel that way about? Thanks.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#884  Edited By Fenderxx

Hey guys, I was just watching the old Batman Beyond cartoon, and was thinking, what other characters would it be cool to see in the future like this ?

I personally would love to see a future/SiFi Aquaman ...in space .. with space whales ..... I dont know how or why ... I just want DC to make that happen .... and put Sean Murphy on art.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#885  Edited By tparks

Hey guys, love the podcast!

I know you get asked a lot to help cut pull lists, but I'd like to see what your recommendations are for adding books to my pull list based on what I already read and what you think would make good additions based on my current list. My list is a pretty good size already, and probably should cut back, but I'm always interested to hear some more recommendations.

So here's my list:

1. 7th Sword
  2. All Star Western
  3. Ash and The Army of Darkness
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. East of West
  6. Five Ghosts: The Haunting of Fabian Gray
  7. Ghosted
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. Invincible
  10. Lazarus
  11. Magnus: Robot Fighter
  12. Moon Knight
  13. Saga
  14. Sixth Gun
  15. Solar: Man of the Atom
  16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  17. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

Also, I have the following titles on my list, but they haven't released yet:

1. Doctor Spektor: Master of the Occult (this will round out the entire Gold Key revival collection)
  2. Legendary Star-Lord
  3. Rocket Raccoon
  4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time.

Thanks for any recommendations and making my drive to work a little better with this amazing show!

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, this time I have a question about Valiant.

So recently I picked up the first 4 issues of X-O Manowar from Comixology when they had that cool promotional thing going on a little while ago. It was the first thing I'd ever read from Valiant and I loved it, I'm now read up to issue 6 and I'm totally hooked. I want to read some more Valiant books but there's quite a few of them now and I don't know where to start. It's not feasible for me to pick up all of them so I just want your opinions on what the other best 2 or 3 books from Valiant are. I'm open to different sorts of tones and characters so that's not an issue, I just want to know what the best written ones are. Also, keep in mind that I prefer to go back and start from issue 1 with new titles (which I can do since I read digitally), so I don't need a good jumping-on point.

Hopefully that was clear enough for you guys, thanks a lot for the help.

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#887  Edited By Vulshock

Hi Comicvine crew!

When I wanted to buy my comics this Wednesday on Comixology I got redirected to a Comixology.eu. The problem with this new Comixology site is that they take way to much money for their comics. Instead of paying the normal 4 dollars for a book I know have to pay 5 dollars. Now I'll have to cut a lot of books...

Do you think this is the first of the changes made by Amazon and won't it hurt the market a little that all people from Europe will have to pay more for the same comics?

Thanks for the answer and keep up the great show!

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, quick question:

If you could see a DC/Marvel crossover with today's New 52 and All-New Marvel Now versions of the characters, who would you like to see? I would definitely like to see the Scott Snyder's Batman crossover with Superior Spider-Man. Also the Teen Titans and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Nightwing82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West is back Yessssssss!! oh they changed his ethnicity!! why DC why!!

i love the idea of more diversity but why change Wally why not just create a new character as they did with Simon Bas!! i grew up reading Wally and to make such a change to the character seems direpectful to the character and to all the readers like myself who only knew Wally as the Flash growing up!!

what are your thoughts on this?

Hail Hydra!!

taves1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890  Edited By taves1616

Hey guys! I was interested in knowing if the New 52 Animal Man and Swamp Thing titles were any good, I just started reading the Animal Man Grant Morrison run and been loving it, thanks guys!

Ladyonora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#891  Edited By Ladyonora

Hey guys!!

Thank you so much for doing this podcast you guys are just so awesome, although it's funny my boyfriend gets jealous because he says I "listen to G-Man" more than him haha.

So question. I'm a pretty new reader, and I really only read DC. I always hear Tony talk about how much he likes Captain America and I really want to give it a try. Are there any specific trades or writers that I should start with that you recommend? I'm having trouble picking a start point because the Marvel Universe is so overwhelming to me. Thank you!!!!

crispin515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#892  Edited By crispin515

Hey guys, long time listener, first time poster (for both a question and to the site).

First I wanted to say that I love listening every week. You guys are very entertaining with all of your ongoing gags and callbacks. I also love that you guys actually talk about comics unlike some of the other pods I listen to. Now for a question...

Do you think it would be legally possible/a good idea for Pixar to make movies based on the Marvel properties that are currently at Sony/Fox? Do they (Fox/Sony) only have the rights to the live action movies, or is it all big screen adaptations? I would personally love to see a Spider-Man movie created by Pixar with the care and quality that Marvel has given to their movies.

Again thank you for having an excellent podcast and take care!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crispin515: Good question. I hope they answer it. That would be awesome if Pixar made quality animated movies for Marvel. Characters like Spider-man totally match their style. I also wonder a lot about character movie rights. I always wondered why the Marvel Agents of SHIELD show couldn't use any characters they wanted. Doesn't it make a difference that it's on TV and not in a theatre? I think we may need to ask lawyers to get full answers to those kind of questions though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got two questions about Moon Knight. I've collected pretty much everything from Moon Knight over the years. What I haven't been willing to shell out cash for, I can read in the three volumes of Essential Moon Knight I own. The only thing I haven't read from Moon Knight is from when he was in West Coast Avengers. I've heard really bad things about this series, but would like to hear an opinion from another Moon Knight fan like Tony.

My questions are:

1. Is the West Coast Avengers series as bad as I hear?
  2. If it's worth reading, can you recommend any arcs or issues from West Coast Avengers where Moon Knight is a significant part of the story?
cdeoleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the last podcast Tony you said that discounts in digital copies of comics would hurt retailers therefore discounts for digital comics should not exist. I strongly this disagree with this mindset and think that this is a big reason why the comic industry has not grown after the popular movie franchises. Not having discounts for digital hurts the industry as a whole. When you buy a movie ticket at $12.00 you are entertained for 2, maybe 3, hours. If you spend $12.00 on comics you are entertained for maybe 20 minutes. The cost of printed comic books are too high compared to other forms of entertainment. Let's use some historical data to prove it:

The cover price for amazing spider-man 122, released in 1973, was $0.20. The cover price for superior spider-man 22, released in 2013 was $3.99. That is an increase of 2,000%, total inflation between 1973 and 2012 is about 924% so printed comics should actually cost us somewhere between $1.50 and $1.95 if we are just considering inflation. On average Marvel comics, in 1973, sold 300% more comics than they did in 2013.

This data shows that the price increase has shrunk the comics purchasing audience. If the industry does not adjust the comics buying audience will continue to shrink. We have a solution here and it is lower prices for digital comics, if digital comics were $0.99 or $1.30 more people would be willing to take a chance on comics and current comic buyers would take more chances on new books. The success of Apples App Store is centered around the fact that most apps cost $0.99, potential customer are will to make the plunge to buy because the price is so low.

Does this suck for the retailers? Yes it does but if you are a retailer and have not diversified your store (added action figures to inventory, sell trading cards, sell statues etc.) then your business is slated to fail.

Now after all this evidence do you still believe in keeping the price the same for digital and print? (feel free to check my work since you were a math teacher).

SHAZAM2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896  Edited By SHAZAM2017

Hey guys. It was nice to meet tony and Matt at c2e2( was the tall blond kid that talk to you by Scott snyders line). Also at the Con I I got all 5 hardcovers of Y the Last Man because Matt recommended it so much and I am loving it so far, but I was wondering what should be next on my vertigo to read list and what should I read from BKV haven't read anything of his and I really want to. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everybody, this time I've got a question about Emma Frost that I've been wondering about for quite some time.

Why is that so many people seem to actually like her?

Now admittedly I'm going off impressions of her character from various sources, since I haven't read much with her in. But from everything I've seen and heard she just comes across as not a particularly nice or pleasant character. Obviously she's got a good power-set and some guys might like her because... well you know. But that's kind of shallow. What makes her interesting as a character? She just seems like a narcissistic jerk. Like a female Namor.

Plus Kitty doesn't like her either. I trust Kitty's judgement.

(Scott and Jean forever.)

puppetmaster75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys,

Long time no ask, still loving and following both podcasts each week. I'll get straight to the questions....this one is for everyone. What are the biggest keys issues each of you guys own?

This question is for Corey and Matt, how do you guys feel about sting finally making his way to the wwe? He's always been my favorite wrestler and I know he's getting too old to actually jump in the ring but I'm excited to see what kind of impact he can have in the wwe. Also, what is your favorite match of all time in the WWE?

I'm sorry I won't be able to see you guys this year at San Diego. They sold out before I could get tickets

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Recently on the iFanboy podcast, someone sent in an awesome question game and it would be good one for you Croey, Tony, and Matt..

Name the first current comicbook that comes to your mind from each of the publishers. It doesn't have to be your favorite title, just whatever series from each publisher comes to your mind first.

DC

MARVEL

IDW

VALIANT

BOOM! STUDIOS

DARK HORSE

DYNIMITE

ONI PRESS

VERTIGO

ARCHIE

ZENESCOPE

Matt, should I start reading New 52 Constanteen? I never read Hellblazer ( Will read it eventually), but I have read somewhat of him in the New 52. I read COnstantine #1 when it came out last year, but didn't like it. I am also looking forward to the tv show, and the beautiful looking covers for upcoming issues of Constanteen makes me want to try the series out. If yes, what issue should I jump in?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

jaytiz27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, quick couple of questions. Being a family man myself, I was wondering if any DC characters could settle down and have a family, who would make the best parent and what 2 characters would make the coolest super power kid?

Also what did you think of the Constantine trailer? I think it looks pretty cool.

Cheers guys