Questions for Comic Vine

SHAZAM2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451  Edited By SHAZAM2017

I just got done rereading vol1 of batman new 52 and I was thinking about where Scott Snyder got his idea for the talons from and my best answer is assassins creed. Do you guys think that's a good guess?

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#452  Edited By Citrus

Hey guys, I'm looking to add some new content to my pull list.

I'm currently following, BATMAN, ANIMAL MAN, HELLBOY in HELL, HAWKEYE, and THOR in single issues.

If you guys could suggest 2 more books for me, I'd appreciate it alot.

Thanks CV.

Nightwing82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453  Edited By Nightwing82

Hi guys!!

after seeing the solicits for Earth 2 Annual 1 and the appearance of a new Batman, i see a lot of people are thinking Dick Grayson as the obvious choice but i think it would be much more interesting and different to see a pre new 52 Tim Drake in the role of Batman!! what are your thoughts on this and who would you like to see in the role?!

what are your thoughts on batman inc. #8 and what happened with Damian?! i was really beginning to love the character and his interactions with the whole bat family!!

do you think Grant Morrisons plans for batman inc. #8 affected maybe what Scott Snyder may have wanted to do in Death of the Family?!

also do you watch Krypto the Superdog animated series my 2 year old niece loves it!!

love the podcast keep up the awesomeness!!

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#455  Edited By Loki9876

James asked what period and setting would be intresting in AC4 game what about the Hittite empire around 1270 B.C. Just in time for the battle at Kadesh. It would also involve the creation of the templars and assassins.

AbsolStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By AbsolStrike

Beware, my comic book knowledge isn't extensive, but something that's always sorta confused me is Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers relationship. I mean, at one point in New Avengers, Steve refers to Tony as 'brother'... They just seem to be complete opposites, but it's quite strange how close they seem to be. What's your opinion on their relationship? Could you perhaps recommend me some stories where perhaps their friendship has blossomed over?

ALSO! Do y'all like pie? (No π jokes Tony )

ImFatBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#457  Edited By ImFatBatman

Hey Comic Vine, so I have a dilemma and wanted to hear what your opinions are on the matter. I really like quite a few of the New 52 books but like every average person I am limited by money from getting them all.So when I can I get trades of the books I really like and catch up that way but the other day I was in my local comic shop and they had first prints of Action Comics, Justice League and Supergirl #1 all decently priced.I had them in my hand all ready to purchase but I ended up putting them all back and getting something else because I already own the trades for those . My question for you guys is do you still buy single issues of comics even if you got the trades of them beforehand? I know from a collectors point of view they would buy both but I don't really care one way or another just as long as I get to read the story. Thanks guys, and as always great podcast.

girzaznot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#458  Edited By girzaznot

Hello Tony/Sara/Corey/James?

I recently downloaded the Marvel Digital Comics app to catch up on past series and to jump on series I could not get in time at my LCS. I expected digital comics to be more reasonably priced because the "collection value" is gone and are cutting back on natural resources (using less tress for paper). I cannot justify spending $3.99, $2.99, and even $1.99 (to a lesser degree, depending on the series) on a digital comic. So what I have been doing is downloading the various free comics offered and purchasing some of the $0.99 sales. Also my LCS offers digital comics through comixology, which gives them a chance to stay afloat if digital becomes more popular. How do you guys feel about the price of digital comics? Do you think more people would switch to digital if they were less expensive?

Along similar lines, what do you think about people posting Marvel digital codes on Twitter? It seems like a lame way to get followers.

Last one: Are the MarvelNow! books going to remain at twice a month or will they switch to a monthly schedule?

Thanks, I look forward to both podcasts each week. I listen to them before any other podcast to which I subscribe, during my hour commute and walking my recently adopted dog.

Scanner51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459  Edited By Scanner51

Hello all again,

I am a really big(to the point of obsessive) fan over the DCAU(animated universe earth 12) & DCUA(animated movies). I was ten when Batman the animated series came out so I grew up on it. Now that I'm thirty I'm glad to see Bruce Timm still putting out great work. My question is this: did I miss all the talk on the pod cast about Dark Knight Returns part 1 & 2? This movie is by far the BEST Batman movies EVER DONE. Since I began listening to the podcast at least 4 DCUA movies have been released. I don't want or expect 20min tangent but maybe 4-6min talking bout the movie that gets released. The direct-to video market is a tough one. WB needs to know and hear that we're out here or they'll cut them. If that happens we won't get to see Kyle Higgins movie that he's doing, the bat girl movie they've hinted at, the super girl movie or the killing joke.

thejedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#460  Edited By thejedster

Howdy guys! Thanks for answering my question on your double podcast! I was indeed waiting for you all to answer my question (and I wasn't sure what else to ask since I'm still fairly new to the comic world). I do have a couple more questions now! (hooray)

With the Injustice game coming out soon, I feel like I'm one of few people that would like to see some Watchmen characters as part of the roster (they could just be DLC characters). I think it'd be cool to see Nite Owl and Batman duke it out or maybe Silk Spectre vs Catwoman. Though I feel like having Dr. Manhattan would just be a completely overpowered character to include. Would you guys like to see Watchmen characters be part of the Injustice roster?

Also, I've really been enjoying Brian Wood's Star Wars and I know you guys have mentioned that Star Wars comics are either hit or miss. What other Star Wars titles do you guys recommend? I've been wanting to pick up another title since I love Star Wars (I'm sure my name 'Jed' has something to do with why I love Star Wars), but not sure which ones are worth reading. Thanks again! The Force is strong with this podcast.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

First, thanks for asking my questions last time. OK, now I feel like I'm going to let you down. I misspoke. The character I had in mind wasn't suddenly made racist, but I had never read anything with him in it, Klaw. As a kid I loved his design, but didn't know a thing about him. Didn't read anything with him in it. Years later I find out he is the son of a Nazi and targeted Black Panthers. So it got me wondering, what if there was a character you guys liked was changed, even over time, in a way that made him/her so different you couldn't take it, like revealing that Citizen V was actually Baron Zemo, or I heard they made Marvel Max Fury racist (never read it so I can't say for sure). Or maybe not just racist, maybe the character was a serious one, but they suddenly made him zany like Deadpool or maybe they had the character becoming willing to kill, or like when they made Cyclops have mental affairs. Anyway, the specific character was Klaw.

1) When DC cancels a title, like Savage Hawkman, can DC try a new direction for the character? Does that leave DC open to taking that character in a new and different direction? Or back to what the character was before the New 52? Or do the new stories, even once canceled become cannon and cannot be altered again? Curious because the titles are canceled because of low sales, probably because of fans not interested. But does that mean they can now take a character like Blue Beetle or Firestorm and change them again to see if fans like the new ideas better? Like maybe take Captain Atom back to what he was before New 52, or in a drastically different direction like making him a Time Jumping Quantum Leap type?

2) I know that there is the idea that comic readers often over react to stories or changes to their comic, and its true in many way. Like the reaction to the New 52 or the switch up in Spider-Man. But lately it feels that when fans get upset about a comic story or changes to a comic they love people treat them like they are over reacting, and sometimes they are. But even after reading, sometimes, they are told to keep reading before they react. Its, sometimes, feels like readers never react (I mean by dropping the book or saying they do not like the story, not death threats) without being treated like they are over reacting. Do you guys think this can happen too? Is there ever a time when a fan can be justified in getting upset?

3) What are the rules for posting our questions again in case you didn't ask them last time? Should we repost them, or quote them so you see they are old questions, or should we just leave it alone because you will get to them? I just don't want to be rude posting over and over the same questions. And where would be the best place to post them, here on the thread? Twitter? Or email? I posted this some place, but might have deleted it or something. So if it pops up again I am sorry.

Previously questions not asked yet:

Questions about Writing for James Robinson (and Comicvine):

How do you write a "villain" character who is a dumb jerk, but make him likable?

How do you write a character who is an adult but has the mind of a child? How do you show that he has the mind of an 8-10 year old even though he looks like a big hulking adult?

And for James: In Absolute Kingdom Come Its said that Dr. Fate being a dolphin was James Robinson's idea. Could you talk about that a little?

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#462  Edited By ComicCrazy

Hey Tony, Sara, and Corey !! I love the podcast so much I haven't missed a single episode since the very beginning! I just wanted to hear each of your opinions on Y the last Man. I just picked up the first Trade after hearing so much about it and it's kinda my first venture out of the superhero genre. I will always love superheroes and science fiction comics but I have wanted to start reading other things for a while so yeah just wanted to hear some discussions about Y the last Man and what you guys think of it (try not to spoil anything past the first trade) and maybe some suggestions for other really good original comic series except for the obvious Walking Dead, Saga, and Scott Pilgrim. Thanks guys I love everything you do and I will always be a huge fan of Comic Vine.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#463  Edited By Fenderxx

Hey Guys ! I just Read Tony's early review of Nova #1 and I am going to give it a shot, however reading the Comments there seems to be a lot of love for the original Nova and not so much for our new guy. I am really not a Fan of legacy Heroes, like different Green Lanterns, Flashes, Etc. (expect Spider man, I hope Doc Ock stays forever !) So my Question is can you keep reading a comic where another Person has taken over the Mantel or do you always find yourself wishing the original was back, and it takes away from the story? Also can you recommend any good Nova Stories in Trade, maybe any Dan Abbnett wrote, I am a Big fan of his Warhammer Novels but never checked out his comics and I heard he wrote some Nova; are they any good ?

P.S I am totally serious about Spider-man, Ghost Peter Parker better be taking notes !

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#464  Edited By nappystr8

Hey crew, I have two quick questions:

1. Why are long boxes the standard storage unit for comic collectors? I myself use short boxes and find them much easier to move, store, and sort through. Is there some significant advantage to long boxes that I have overlooked, or is it just a matter of personal taste?

2. How long do each of you think a single run by a creative team should last? I personally find myself very put off by the frequency with which pencillers have been moved around at the big two in the past couple of years (especially at Marvel). At the same time when a writer and/or artist stay on the same book for too long, it often times feels like they eventually start spinning their wheels (Bendis on the Avengers franchise is a good example). What is that sweet spot on a creative run? 12 issues? 30? 70?

Thanks in advance for considering my questions, and thank you for giving us all such great podcast to listen to every week.

Xylase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Xylase

Hi Comicvine crew! I'm relatively new to comics, having come in the with release of the New 52. I started listening to your podcast then and have loved every episode. I've been following the Batman stories with Scott Snyder and wanted to know if you had noticed this. So far Scott is 2 for 2 in using underground rivers as Deus Ex Machina's to get Batman out of trouble. In issue 7 or 8, I can't remember which, Batman used photographic paper to blow a hole in the floor of the maze he was trapped in, dropping him into an underground river and eventually leading him to Harper Row. Similarily, with potential spoilers, Batman uses his knowledge of underground waterways below Gotham to get his family out of a trouble in Batman #17. I know Batman is supposed to know Gotham inside and out, but I still find this kind of funny. Just wondering if you guys noticed it. Cheers!

mcclellanscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#466  Edited By mcclellanscott

Hi there Comic Viners! I have a question about purchasing DC Absolute Editions. I have been really buying them up in the last year and wanted your opinions about which ones are essential/worth owning as opposed to those that really don't add much over the regular trade. I already own All-Star Superman, Dark Knight, Kingdom Come, World's Greatest Super-Heroes, The New Frontier, Justice, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and Final Crisis. Definitely want my hands on the Superman/Batman volume coming out this fall. Am I missing some Absolutes that I really should get my hands on? Or do I really have what is worth it for the additional cost? Thanks!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#467  Edited By SavageDragon

Hey guys. If James is there Id just like to let him Know Earth 2 rocks and it is a book I pick up every month. I really like the look of Fury, I'm very excited to see the development of her and Dr, Fate.

What are your expectations for Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I am fearful that it could be a big bust, because its really hard to market sci fi films for kids, especially ones without a large following from a legacy of films or a book series. I know Guardians is a book but I don't think those fans and the fans that will see any Marvel film (Like me) are enough to drive the ticket sales to the expected height that the Marvel Studios/Disney productions have been getting. Its about Marketing to a certain extent and the ofcoarse the quality of the film. I hope its good I' just don't have high expectations. Furthermore I really, really want to see a Daredevil reboot. Stop the X-movies for a while, stop the Space stuff, stop the ANT MAN, please make a great DAREDEVIL film Marvel!

TDK_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By TDK_88

Hey guys, good job on the podcast. I have a pretty heavy question (Tony I would appreciate if you read all of it on the podcast :))

I illegally download comics. Now, before you all go crazy here me out:

I still go to the Comic book story. I still buy Comics. I just don't buy the "Big Ones".

Titles like I, Vampire, The Shade or Punk Rock Jesus that have AMAZING STORIES do NOT get the recognition they deserve in terms of sales. Same goes with female lead books like the now canceled X-23.

Here are some numbers for you:

January 2013:

Batgirl - 77,000 copies sold.

Wonder Woman - 41,000

Red She Hulk - 18,800

Batgirl's quality of story pales in comparison to Wonder woman and Red She Hulk now before you mention "Anything with a Bat sales more" Batwoman - 34,000 copies and it still blows Batgirl out of the water in quality.

Similarly: Daredevil sold 36,000 whereas Thunderbolts (44,000) a vast difference in story telling quality and art.

I, Vampire sold 12,300 in terms of quality it destroys something like Worlds Finest (30,300) or Red Lanterns (38,000) that out sell it.

So, I go to the store and buy comics that I LOVE in terms of STORY and ART. Titles I want to stay on the shelves. I don't buy All New X-Men, Batman, Avengers ect. I illegally download these titles as Batman or Avengers aren't going to get cancelled whereas sadly titles like I, Vampire are.

Not all of us have ever expanding wallets so i'd rather SPEAK WITH MY MONEY and buy titles that I want to stay, rather than 10 X-Books or 5 Batman books.

My Question is, where do all you guys stand on this: Morally and Logically?

Thanks for your time.

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Hey Crew! I have a question for everyone, but I mainly address this to Sara

So my girlfriend is a newbie to comics. She has read the works of Lost Girls, Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, and WE3. This is a very wide range of reading material yet she has enjoyed them all. A thing we have between each other is that she is my Batgirl (she too has red hair so it is a bit of a running joke). Aside from that, I know Babs to be one of THEE best DC Woman so I really want to fill her in. Yet with all the comic material she has read, she still not has not picked up a single Batgirl trade (minus the Zero Month issue). So this C2E2, I will be buying tons of things Babs.

My List So Far Is

1. Batgirl Year One - DC will reprint this in June with Robin Year One binded into it. But if I can find the first printing the better.
  2. The Brave and the Bold #33: Ladies Night - This was the issue when WW and Zatana gave Babs one final good night before The Killing Joke. Worth owning.
  3. The Killing Joke - It is not 100% a Barbara story yet it shaped her so much. It is a must read.
  4. Batgirl (New 52) Vol 1 + 2 Trades - I am reluctant to give these because I know how much of a lackluster it has been, but I want her to form her own opinion.

So my question is, what Birds of Prey/ Oracle story should I include? I want to include something between Killing Joke and New 52, however it needs to be a single trade that can stand alone yet serve as a smooth transition into the New 52 trades. I sadly don't have the deep pockets to spend everything Oracle :(

Sara, I believe you are the person for this mission! Thank you!

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#470  Edited By Walzo

What would you think about Scottie Young doing a Calvin and Hobbes comic?

Avatar image for lumberjacktheripper
LumberJacktheRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S'up Vine:

Everyone's favorite poster is back with another exciting comment. My wife and I just celebrated our first anniversary. Sorry female comic vine listeners and Sara, the infamous LumberJacktheRipper is happily married. To further show my happiness, my wife gave me an awesome present. She got me a $100 gift certificate to my local comic and game store. The great news is she got me the perfect present. The bad news is I now have a lot of decisions to make. What do I buy? Should I buy that Remender Punisher omnibus? Do I get the DC Deck Building game? Should I start collecting all The Goon trades? Or do I buy a Boba Fett helmet. There are so many options and so many possibilities. What I need from you is, if you were in my position, what would you spend the 100 dollar gift certificate on? Again, this is a gift certificate to the best comics and games store in the Twin Cities, so they have anything and everything. Let me know your suggestions and who knows, I might steal your ideas. Thanks Vine, you're the best.

SHAZAM2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By SHAZAM2017

Who would be the illuminate for the dc univers?

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#473  Edited By GamerGeek360

I finally convinced my girlfriend to start her own pull list at my LCS. She has always been more of a Marvel fan than DC, and I pull A LOT of DC currently, so she would prefer to stick with Marvel. She's a big Wolverine and X-Men fan so I already recommended her to add Savage Wolverine and Wolverine on to the list. I already have Wolverine and the X-Men and All New X-Men on my list, so those are out, but what others would you recommend? She was also considering Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain Marvel, and New Avengers (that one is kind of for me). She isn't completely new to comics as she was a big Runaways fan and read various X-Men comics, but I would still consider her a bit of a newbie when it comes to regularly reading comics. Hopefully Tony or Sara can answer this on an upcoming podcast, but any input from anyone else is appreciated too. Thanks!

Kervan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474  Edited By Kervan21

Hey Comic Vine crew,

I just purchased my ticket to go to WonderCon this year and am super excited! This is my first comic convention ever. I'm really hoping there will be a Man of Steel panel and that they show some footage. There's a few other things I want to do, but since this will be my first time, I have some questions.

1) How does Artists' Alley work? Do you just walk up to the artist and make a request for something? Or do you have to contact them farther in advance? If they make something for you, is it appropriate to stand and wait for them to finish it, or is it better to come back at a certain time? Does it cost anything to get a piece of artwork from a given artist? I'm asking because I have a specific idea for a drawing I would want Jim Lee to do. If it were possible, I would love for Mr. Jim Lee to do a drawing of Batman and Catwoman standing together in a pose like something we saw in HUSH, but with the Bale and Hathaway style suits from RISES. How would I go about getting something like this from Mr. Lee? Is something like that even possible? I just don't know what the standard protocol is, and I don't want to have unreasonable expectations, so I thought I'd ask.

2) How long do lines get at Wonder Con? I've heard horror stories of people having to wait in lines for hours to get into a Marvel films or WB panel at SDCC. What can I expect at WonderCon? I just want to be prepared, so any advice you have would be great.

3) When I get some comics signed by a writer/artist, do I need to get a "Certificate of Authenticity"? How do I get that? Do they have those there at the signing booth? I've heard you guys talk about this before, that in case I wanted to sell a signed comic, I have to have something that proves the signature is legitimate. So what do I do, just in case I decide to sell my signed comics later?

Any other advice or suggestions for how to make the most out of my Wonder Con experience would be extremely helpful. Thanks for all your work.

Kervan21 (p.s. It's pronounced "Care-Van." I think you mispronounced it another time I wrote in).

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#475  Edited By snarkybits

Hello, fellow/s and fella! I only started listening to the podcasts two or three weeks ago and I've been doing an archive binge since.

When someone mentions a character named Firefly, which comic book character do you think of first? (Marvel, DC, Archie, G.I. Joe, etc)

How long until Bruce Wayne is no longer a billionaire, and instead becomes a trillionaire? My money is on 2024...

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#476  Edited By Webjaker

So I may be late in realizing this but I just realized that the #666 Future Damien, the one that is at odds with Barbara Gordon because he "killed someone very close to her" is the Clone Damien from Batman Inc #8.

No Caption Provided

Thoughts?

Atomiic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By Atomiic

Hey Comicvine,

What are your opinions of what Geoff Johns is doing in the Justice League tiltles, slowly building a Legion of Doom?

Also, what are your thoughts on Teen Titans? Am I the only one who thinks Lobdell may need the boot?

elkinscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478  Edited By elkinscs

Hey Comic Vine!

I was reading my comics this past week and noticed the Age of Ultron ads. Is it just me, or does it appear that Tony's favorite character, Moon Knight, will be making an appearance in issue 2, hopefully playing a pivotal role in the event?

On another note, I am really loving Simon Baz. Just another excellent contribution that Geoff Johns has made to the GL mythos. After the current event shakes out (with the inevitable return of Hal and Sinestro) and Johns' run comes to an end, what place does Baz have in the DCU? Will he just be in the JLA or maybe one of the other GL books?

thanks for making my Fridays a little more awesome!

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By dcfox

Hey CV,

A couple of questions for Sara:

1. Now that she's on the East coast, any chance Sara will go to more East coast conventions?

2. What are the logistics behind sharing comics now that Sara is on the other side of the country? Do you go all digital, do you mail her comics or does Sara have to buy her own comics?

3. As a fan of RPGs and Bioware, what are her feelings on the Dragon Age franchise? Thoughts on Dragon Age 3 being more like Skyrim?

Thanks,

Scanner51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By Scanner51

hello there folks, a question for all there:

Have any of you heard, been made aware of or listen to Kevin Smiths pod cast Fatman On Batman?? Every week he talks to people involved in the Batman universe. The first seven deal with the animated series(Mark (the one and only, the true Joker) Hamill, Tara Strong, Kevin (the true voice of Batman) Conroy and such). All are great episodes, all over an hour. But now he's moved into the comics world by talking to Paul Dini, Kyle Higgins(great 3hr convo), Scott Synder(great 1 1/2hr convo), Geoff Johns(great 3hrs). But the one I suggest you guys listen to is Grant Morrison. The insight this man has about life and how they intertwine with what he writes is amazing!! Give them a listen. Smith really gets these people to open up. The Kevin Conroy one almost had me in tears...almost!! they're at smodco.com

Love the p.c. peace!!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

REPOSTING:

Questions about Writing for James Robinson (and Comicvine):

How do you write a "villain" character who is a dumb jerk, but make him likable?

How do you write a character who is an adult but has the mind of a child? How do you show that he has the mind of an 8-10 year old even though he looks like a big hulking adult?

And for James: In Absolute Kingdom Come Its said that Dr. Fate being a dolphin was James Robinson's idea. Could you talk about that a little?

Now, Questions for Comicvine: First, thanks for asking my questions last time. OK, now I feel like I'm going to let you down. I misspoke. The character I had in mind wasn't suddenly made racist, but I had never read anything with him in it, Klaw.

As a kid I loved his design, but didn't know a thing about him. Didn't read anything with him in it. Years later I find out he is the son of a Nazi and targeted Black Panthers. So it got me wondering, what if there was a character you guys liked was changed, even over time, in a way that made him/her so different you couldn't take it, like revealing that Citizen V was actually Baron Zemo, or I heard they made Marvel Max Fury racist (never read it so I can't say for sure). Or maybe not just racist, maybe the character was a serious one, but they suddenly made him zany like Deadpool or maybe they had the character becoming willing to kill, or like when they made Cyclops have mental affairs.

Anyway, the specific character was Klaw.

1) When DC cancels a title, like Savage Hawkman, can DC try a new direction for the character? Does that leave DC open to taking that character in a new and different direction? Or back to what the character was before the New 52? Or do the new stories, even once canceled become cannon and cannot be altered again? Curious because the titles are canceled because of low sales, probably because of fans not interested. But does that mean they can now take a character like Blue Beetle or Firestorm and change them again to see if fans like the new ideas better? Like maybe take Captain Atom back to what he was before New 52, or in a drastically different direction like making him a Time Jumping Quantum Leap type?

2) I know that there is the idea that comic readers often over react to stories or changes to their comic, and its true in many way. Like the reaction to the New 52 or the switch up in Spider-Man. But lately it feels that when fans get upset about a comic story or changes to a comic they love people treat them like they are over reacting, and sometimes they are. But even after reading, sometimes, they are told to keep reading before they react. Its, sometimes, feels like readers never react (I mean by dropping the book or saying they do not like the story, not death threats) without being treated like they are over reacting. Do you guys think this can happen too? Is there ever a time when a fan can be justified in getting upset?

3) What are the rules for posting our questions again in case you didn't ask them last time? Should we repost them, or quote them so you see they are old questions, or should we just leave it alone because you will get to them? I just don't want to be rude posting over and over the same questions.

TheClairvoyant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482  Edited By TheClairvoyant

Hello Comicvine!

Have any of you read the KISS: Psycho circus series from 1997-2000 published by IMAGE?

Written by Brian Holguin and pencils by Angel Medina & Clayton Crain.

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Crew!

So how do you feel about the Green Lantern Universe shake up. I say everyone there is strong and more than capable, however this is just me nitpicking, I would had rather seen someone else than Billy Tan on GL. I think they got the wrong Tan (meaning Philip). A refresher, Philip Tan previously worked on GL for those issue when Larfleeze was introduced. G-Man usually features him weekly on the Saturday art post and I think his work is spectacular. Philip was on Savage Hawkman for awhile but left. I understand they're changing the art up to give the new teams an identity, but much rather would have seen Philip again. Do you agree? Disagree? Can Billy lead THEE lead book? Who would have been your pick?

majidjaved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By majidjaved

for James or if he isnt there Tony, Sarah, Corey best guess do you know if earth 2 batman will have a robin or who he/she would be?

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#485  Edited By Fenderxx

Hey Guys ! I have been really Enjoying "All New X-men" and was thinking, What Hero would you like to meet his/her younger self ?

I would like to See Flash Thompson see what he has become, and gone threw, Thanks guys !

PS. Just wanted to say Thank you to Sara for suggesting Captain Marvel, My wife has been looking for really strong female Hero, and we both fell in love with series.

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howdy!

So what do you guys think of the drop of presence from DC & Marvel from shows like C2E2 and WonderCon? I'm attending C2E2 this year and disappointed that DC decided to drop out. It seemed this show was slowly becoming popular. Marvel hasn't said anything yet for C2E2 but we're assuming the same result. People think they're saving themselves for Disney 23 Convention and San Diego. Do you feel it's right they're conserving themselves for the larger shows? What about the regular people who can't make pilgrimages to San Diego yet are loyal to the companies?

Scanner51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487  Edited By Scanner51

Hello comic vine

By the time you read this my wife should be in her last month of pregnancy with our first child, it's a girl. When we first found out it was a girl I told my wife two things: 1 she's going to like DC superheroines & heroes not disney princesses. And 2, she's going to a catholic collage. My wife is fine with my love of DC comics but really didn't understand why collage was second on that list. My question is: Who is the better female role model in the DCU for girls? I want my daughter to see that you don't always have to be saved by a prince. That it's good for a girl to stand up for herself. My faves are Batgirl, Supergirl, WonderWoman, and Huntress. I plan on collecting old comic covers framing them and hanging them in a corner of her room.

Thanks love the podcast.

Ash The Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#488  Edited By Ash The Flash

O.K. Here is a less technical question than my last one. Is DC making more money with the new 52 than they were before. I had a lot invested both mentally and financially in the old DCU and I hope that they (DC) are at least making more money. (They have a lot of mine already)

Thanks.

PS - I am number 10 in the Comic Vine trivia ranks due to massive DC Trivia in my mind that no longer counts. But I am NOT BITTER!!!!

BatLantern12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By BatLantern12

Hey Comic Vine,  
Do you guys think it's possible that Peter Parker returned as Spider-Man before Age of Ultron, because the Spider-Man there is a lot like Peter, or is it just an oversight on Marvel's part because this was supposed to come out before Marvel Now!? It's really weird reading it, and I'm starting to wonder if this is just an alternate universe or something. 

Nightwing82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By Nightwing82

heyyy guys!!

was just listening to the podcast from Friday 15th March and Tony mentioned how the Batman and Robin titles should do arcs like Batman and Nightwing and with the Scott Snyder 11 issues set in the past coming up, it got me thinking how cool would it have been to do a few issues of Dick, Jason and Tim during their time as Robin (Red Robin) set in the new 52 time line!! what do you guys think?!

Citrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By Citrus

Okay, how many characters do you love, but hate the costumes of?

Animal man, come on... Just go back to the orange jacket. The recent costume with the headgear covering his ears, and the open top just looks ridiculous.

Red hood. Why do you have a bat on your chest? Come on!!

And I think daredevil may need a redesign... Costume isn't bad, but it's just very boring.

Thanks CV

ComradeCold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#493  Edited By ComradeCold

would you prefer to have a game like the upcoming injustice gods among us, a technical fighter based off mortal kombat in a gritty realistic, or a take more similar to Super Smash Bros, ie a 2d fighter which can have 4 players at once with more focus on special attacks rather then punch/kick combos, which would use the Bruce Timm style. I personally think this would be much better as i miss the timmverse, it makes more sense that the animated versions can fight each other as they feel like there on a more similar power level and because there is not enough smash bros style game

ps shame on any of you who say that you have not played super smash bros, as there is a dangerous lack of nintendo love on comicvine

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#494  Edited By TitanTempest

Hello ComicVine Crew,

I am really sad over Ravagers and Team 7, being canceled. I think there is a lot of potential for these two books. What are all your thoughts? Good or bad.

- Do you all think that these characters will get their stories explained elsewhere? Or think these books will ever be picked up again?

- What do you all think of the Bronson/Mr. Majestic dynamic in issue six? And is this cutting down on the Wildstorm part of DC, or preparing it for more Wildstorm?

- Do you guys have any favorite characters for these two books?

(Off Topic) But I love Earth 2. What hopes for characters do you have for that book?

Hope y'all have a good day.

P.S. I just listened to CV Podcast 1-18-13 with just Sara & Corey. While unorganized, I could not stop laughing. I loved it. While I wouldnt like the podcast to be like that all the time, I wouldn't mind a "podcast special" with you two being crazy funny again.

Thanks,

Andrew Lowe -TitanTempest

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#495  Edited By Carolina574

Hey guys, love the podcast.

My question has to do with commisions at cons. I here alot of people asking about the best way to get art work at conventions and what I have enjoyed doing at past conventions is finding some lesser known artists and getting great work from them, for example, last year I met Dan Duncan (at the time was doing art for Ninja Turtles) and got a great head sketch from him for a whopping $5, yes, 5 dollars. Having said that I am going to Heroes Con this summer in Charlotte. Are there any up and coming or lesser known artist that you would recommend me looking out for? Keep up the great work!

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

I just finished reading Wolverine and the X-Men #1 (one of many comics I picked up during Marvel's 700 free issues sale). I've never before read a comic with such excellent writing and yet such horrendous art. What comic (whether a single issue or a series) have you read that has the greatest disparity between great writing and awful art? Inversely, what comic have you read has had the greatest disparity between terrible writing but awesome art?

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

Tony, Sarah, and Kory, could you please pass this message along to artist David Finch:

Mr. Finch,

Please do not listen to Tony's criticisms in his review of Justice League of America. He does not speak for the rest of the comics reading community when he asks for Catwoman to fix her zipper. The rest of us are united in the opinion that the more skin females characters expose, the better. In fact, you should consult Kenneth Rocafort's depiction of Starfire in issue #1 of red Hood and the Outlaws for additional inspiration in drawing Catwoman, Katana, and especially the ever-sexy Stargirl.

-Everyone that reads comics other than Tony

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498  Edited By Batnandez

This is a question for James. The Golden Age is one of my favorite mini series. What other elseworld titles do you recommend and do you have any idea where I can find the cool golden cover edition? I only have Gotham by gaslight, kingdom come, the new frontier (not sure if that counts) and superman red son.

Also, are there any elseworld tales you want to tell? I always wanted to see what would happen if Superman was used in WWII to fight the Japanese and the Germans. Or if superman landed in Atlantis? What if superman landed on themiscera or whatever Wonder Womans home is called and they decided to raise a male feminist warrior superman? What if Jason Todd had lived? Batman is a literal knight and swears revenge on the king after his family and village is massacred, Steampunk JLA. Cliff Chiang's Justice League Japan. Do you have any idea if DC is going to do anymore elseworld books?

speedstermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500  Edited By speedstermike

For James, Love your Earth 2

Would you consider adding Terry McGinnis to earth-2 ? He was created because Waller believed that the world needed a Batman. Would fit earth 2 because Bruce is gone in this universe.

For Sara, Tony and Corey

How would you feel about Terry McGinnis in Earth-2?