Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#3 inferiorego  Staff

Wooo no Star Warz talk

But why only 2 HOURS!!?!?!?!?!?

~MiB

My dog had eye surgery and originally, I wasn't going to be on today, but I took time out of taking care of her to do the podcast.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@madeinbangladesh said:

Wooo no Star Warz talk

~MiB

My dog had eye surgery and originally, I wasn't going to be on today, but I took time out of taking care of her to do the podcast.

Dang it Mat you too good! Hope your dog has a successful surgery.

~MiB

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By MK5

Because of the synopsis for Plutonia, I had the Crow quote "Childhood's over the moment you know you're going to die" in my head as I read the comic.

I didn't read the whole comic in a sad tone though. I'm glad I gave it a try.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#7 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:
@madeinbangladesh said:

Wooo no Star Warz talk

~MiB

Dang it Mat you too good! Hope your dog has a successful surgery.

~MiB

She's doing well, just being an a-hole because she hates her dog cone of shame

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

2 hours only, I want my money back!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, someone told me today's podcast was five hours long.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Star Wars talk

Nice!

ComicsRHealthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoyed this one! I'm not finished,but I bet it doesn't stink!Favorite comic book podcast show :p

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#15  Edited By MadeinBangladesh
rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FastestBlender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The argument of "hey, we'll just do more of what people click on" is inherently flawed, particularly when it comes to the podcast. I've watched over the past year as the comic book section of the show gets shorter and subjugated to he back of the show and the written reviews dwindle down to a handful a week. The logic behind this is the entertainment press releases get more clicks, so that should take precedence. Do you know how boring it is to listen to the two of you regurgitate press releases? There's nothing to do but speculate, sometimes with only having an actors name attached to a property. Whereas talking about comics, that have a story and art, and connections to a wider universe, THAT has actual intellectual substance (particularly if you eliminate the spoiler phobia that still persists). You're COMICvine, reportedly the largest database of comic information out there. Own your identity.

PS I'm sure some 13 year old (or one with that age's mentality) will flag this post just because I'm "hating" on the site but actually listen to what I'm saying. This golden age of nerd entertainment ain't reflected in the world of sequential art. Look at DC's latest sales numbers. We have to keep championing comics.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

The argument of "hey, we'll just do more of what people click on" is inherently flawed, particularly when it comes to the podcast. I've watched over the past year as the comic book section of the show gets shorter and subjugated to he back of the show and the written reviews dwindle down to a handful a week. The logic behind this is the entertainment press releases get more clicks, so that should take precedence. Do you know how boring it is to listen to the two of you regurgitate press releases? There's nothing to do but speculate, sometimes with only having an actors name attached to a property. Whereas talking about comics, that have a story and art, and connections to a wider universe, THAT has actual intellectual substance (particularly if you eliminate the spoiler phobia that still persists). You're COMICvine, reportedly the largest database of comic information out there. Own your identity.

PS I'm sure some 13 year old (or one with that age's mentality) will flag this post just because I'm "hating" on the site but actually listen to what I'm saying. This golden age of nerd entertainment ain't reflected in the world of sequential art. Look at DC's latest sales numbers. We have to keep championing comics.

Some of this makes sense but personally I've always enjoyed the conversational nature of this podcast, be it about books or other comic related material. I agree that over-speculating about movies and shows can get old pretty quick but it's really easy to skip a minute forward when you're not into the topic.

But more importantly I think you'll need to come to terms with the fact that this site has evolved to encompass everything under the comic book umbrella. I'm a fan of this model and it's literally the only site I visit for news on conventions, games, tv, movies and comics (oh, and toys).

And yeah, it's not ideal that they've had to scale back the reviews quite a bit but life isn't ideal. I mean, putting up articles about things people will actually click on is the only way to maintain a website isn't it? I'm not an expert on how money is made online but I'm sure the decision was based on what's best for the financial health of the site. I mean it's not an art-project, or a fan site. This is someones source of income. Shouldn't they be allowed, or even expected, for them to do what's in there own best interest.

Oh, and they've had time-stamps up for the last few episodes so you can just skip straight to the review and spoiler sections. Might save you some stress.

PS: You can flag comments and have them taken down?!?! I'm totally flagging everyone on the next Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel costume debate! :p