• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sunshine and a new podcast....life is great.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#2  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

WHy is Corey always Mysterio? He should be The Question for once or another certain masked Mysterio.......

No Caption Provided

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does that mena the old Thor isn't going anywhere? Will he still very much be a part of this new book?

Yes, Thor Odinson, the Prince of Asgard, will still be around. He's still Thor. That's his birth name. He's unworthy of Mjolnir, but he'll still have a role to play. If you've seen the cover of one of Jonathan Hickman's upcoming "Avengers" issues where it flashes forward into the future you see what appears to be Thor holding his axe, Jarnbjorn. So that's kind of a glimpse into our book's future as well. That's kind of where we've been heading.

Again it all goes back to what I've set up in "God of Thunder" where we had these three different versions of Thor -- the young rambunctious Thor who wasn't yet worthy of picking up his hammer, present day Thor the Avenger, and then grumpy old King Thor. We'll continue to see those other versions, but we'll also start to see present day Thor becoming more of an amalgam of those other two versions.

comicbookresources

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rob1157 said:

Well it's pouring down rain all weekend in New Orleans. (Insert frowny face) at lest I have something to listen to while I clean my apartment......

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to listen!

But first off, lol at Lego Matt-Cap with a lawnmower!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Judge Dredd series is still on the Dark Judges arc right now just FYI .

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lost in all of the other Marvel news this week, Thunderbolts has been cancelled and ends with issue 32 in October.

Also, the Comic Vine podcast needs more diversity. Maybe you can change Corey to a female that will still be THE Corey for the foreseeable future :)

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't waste time watching Under the Dome. It's beyond terrible. Acting is cheesy and horrible. writing is cliche and horrible. I can't believe Brain K Vaughn is producing this show. I'm baffled.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck
CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: lol, but is Corey actually his name, or a mantle?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12 inferiorego  Staff
Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't know if I should listen to this now or save it for my drive to San Diego.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Marvel character Thor is different from the rest of Marvel Heroes (Spider-Man, Iron-Man, etc) its heavily inspired in Norse mythology, and still comic book movies Thor 1 and 2 are based in Scandinavian myths which are well known by regular movie going audiences, I Think Marvel Studios Will not make the mistake of a female Thor because this will confuse non comic book readers, because what defines Thor in the Norse mythology, he is the son of Odin and a Male...

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rob1157 said:

Cloudy skies here, which I love, and a new podcast! Life IS great!!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@inferiorego: @captainhoopla: It seems most people are angry about the Thor change not because it's female but because they used a completely unoriginal character to replace him with, she doesn't have her own name or theme or style. What was wrong with using Sif, Valkyrie or Angela? When all this is finished and man-Thor becomes ... eh Thor again fem-Thor will either disappear in to limbo or she'll need to revamped so she actually has her own identity so why not start with her own identity in the first place. They are just continuing the trend that all female comic characters need to hang on the coattails of the male characters.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh @scanner51 you should get your comics from the Image Digital shot since they are all DRM free.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hey the interview CBR did with Jason Aaron is getting overlooked by most people, and answers a lot of questions about the series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54083

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey!!! I'm Arabian Aquaman!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 k4tzm4n  Moderator

so why not start with her own identity in the first place. They are just continuing the trend that all female comic characters need to hang on the coattails of the male characters.

Why not wait and see how Aaron actually handles the character instead of assuming the worst? I'd say he's more than earned our support based on his work with THOR: GOD OF THUNDER ;)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#21 inferiorego  Staff

@jonny_anonymous: I'm guessing it's a character we already know in the costume and one that wasn't just created.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, Thor should become the new Falcon.

Lady Thor will be teaming up with Thunderstrike in 3-5 years.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for answering my questions guys and Geoff Johns confirmed the shows would not be linked to the movies.

Via Comicbook.com

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOVE the podcast, but Tony cutting people off with sound effects gets REALLY tiresome and is incredibly rude.

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I demand 5-10 min of Born in the USA in every podcast!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Lvenger

@wardishy said:

Hey the interview CBR did with Jason Aaron is getting overlooked by most people, and answers a lot of questions about the series.

It really doesn't answer or alleviate most of the critics' valid concerns with this gimmicky PR move. Not to mention that Aaron is very flippant to anyone who dares question his wisdom. I got the short stick when I noted he was only focusing on positive tweets rather than anything that criticises or disagrees with this new PR stunt. Shocking that creators seem to want to alienate their fans now....

@k4tzm4n said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

so why not start with her own identity in the first place. They are just continuing the trend that all female comic characters need to hang on the coattails of the male characters.

Why not wait and see how Aaron actually handles the character instead of assuming the worst? I'd say he's more than earned our support based on his work with THOR: GOD OF THUNDER ;)

You're entirely missing the point Gregg. The new female Thor flies in the face of Aaron's run and it gets rid of Thor with a woman for the sake of creating new female characters. And of course it's not silly to get upset, I'm so sick and tired of hearing this poor excuse (Just heard this bit on the podcast hence my comment on it.) This is not a good idea when it's done for the sake of change and for getting temporary PR. Marvel need to create new female characters that stand on their own, not female heroes that need the identity of a male hero to stand up. People who lump critics of this move into angry raging haters need to wise up and start realising that there are valid, justifiable reasons for disliking this change.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@liveforever said:

LOVE the podcast, but Tony cutting people off with sound effects gets REALLY tiresome and is incredibly rude.

Yep and turning the mike off

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:

@wardishy said:

It really doesn't answer or alleviate most of the critics' valid concerns with this gimmicky PR move. Not to mention that Aaron is very flippant to anyone who dares question his wisdom. I got the short stick when I noted he was only focusing on positive tweets rather than anything that criticises or disagrees with this new PR stunt. Shocking that creators seem to want to alienate their fans now....

@k4tzm4n said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

You're entirely missing the point Gregg. The new female Thor flies in the face of Aaron's run and it gets rid of Thor with a woman for the sake of creating new female characters. And of course it's not silly to get upset, I'm so sick and tired of hearing this poor excuse (Just heard this bit on the podcast hence my comment on it.) This is not a good idea when it's done for the sake of change and for getting temporary PR. Marvel need to create new female characters that stand on their own, not female heroes that need the identity of a male hero to stand up. People who lump critics of this move into angry raging haters need to wise up and start realising that there are valid, justifiable reasons for disliking this change.

You know, it is possible to disagree with something without being hostile about it. Just because I don't agree with negative reactions doesn't mean I'm "entirely missing the point" and honestly, it's offensive that you'd jump to that conclusion based on my quick response to Johnny (which was essentially saying "Aaron has done awesome work, let's actually wait and see how he handles this."). Now, there's a big -- BIG -- difference between skepticism and completely writing something off before even reading a freaking preview. The former is fine and I welcome it, but the latter is so tiring and something we see FAR too often, especially when a majority of people end up doing a 180 a few issues in. If you're worried that this is a PR stunt and not happy they're placing a new female character in a pre-existing mantle-- that's fine and that would be a shame if she does just fade away after luring in new readers (and it's worth noting Marvel's doing a great job with unique female lead books -- ELEKTRA, MS. MARVEL, BLACK WIDOW, upcoming STORM, etc.) But that's -- to me, at least-- not how you're expressing it. You're seemingly stating it like it's a fact and that is what's going to happen, and to me, that's totally jumping the gun and writing something off way too early. Thor will OBVIOUSLY return to his signature role in due time (not to mention we'll see past and future Thor in the meantime, too), and then what does that mean for this character? Do you really think Aaron's plans with this individual are temporary -- especially after giving her such a big push? Aaron is behind this decision and he's MORE than earned my support with his work on GOD OF THUNDER, so I'm anxious to see what he has in store for us. Next time, please realize that just because someone doesn't agree doesn't mean they're "entirely missing the point." I get the points. "If Marvel wants to push a new female lead, she shouldn't just be taking the role of a pre-existing male." "What's the point if Thor will eventually return?" "This is a cheap attempt to lure in new readers!" I've heard 'em all and I think it's far too early for me to agree with them (not to mention, isn't bringing in new readers a positive?). You're seemingly acting as if having faith in Aaron's abilities and trying to be somewhat optimistic is a bad thing and means I'm blatantly ignoring any criticisms. As I just said, that's not the case at all -- I just don't agree with said complaints. If they turn out to be true, that's unfortunate. But that has yet to be seen and I'll happily give the first issue an honest chance. If this has all put such a bad taste in your mouth, then so be it and I hope you vote with your money when the first issue drops.

triggerleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liveforever said:

Yep and turning the mike off

Agreed ........ tuned off after the 3rd lawnmower

munkieKONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just gonna say..... I don't buy the "we need more female characters to maintain and increase female readership" argument. Female readers clearly like male characters just fine.... or else there would be just about zero female readers of comics.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Wow, two of my questions in one episode! I just won the lottery!

But what the heck @undeadpool , how dare you talk over my soundbite! I know it's old but I only put it there to explain where my screen name came from. D9000, Over 9000, it's not just a coincidence, GAWD! I figured someone would make the connection. You guys were even doing the line yourselves when you read my last few questions. I even changed my profile picture to Vegeta! No one ever pays attention to me! I'm incredibly, sarcastically upset right now!!!

Also, this is very awesome.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

If you guys say you'd have trouble compressing your pull list down to fewer comics, my comic reading is not only comprised of a small pull list but I'm also a month behind on the titles I read too due to an online subscription. There aren't any comic shops near where I live so I have no other way of reading physical comics outside of trade waiting.

simonwilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh,everyone is so wrong,they upset about lady thor or ben's batman,look, i'm so understanding,why they're so angry all the time,they can't have any opinions,can they? ------hypocrite

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alwaysbeclothing: MetH trusts tHat you cHose to save tHis podcast for tHe drive to SDCC.

June'sVeryOwn