Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#2  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

WOOOOOOOOOo new 2 and a half hour podcasts 5 weeks in a row!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for barstoolprophet
BarstoolProphet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As always, a fantastic time:D thanks for keeping up the great pods, gentlemen:)

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't get it you say that people are very possessive of their favorite characters and hate all the complaining like what they did with Wally. Yet as soon as they change one of your favorite characters you start complaining about it.

And as far as the selfless go there just fun variants there not meant to be taken seriously.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@timelord: Nightwing has been the whipping boy of the new 52. He's been tied up in other character's stories and by the time he got a run on his own it was canceled. If any one could transition over to a covert op character, Nightwing should be able to do it. However the problem isn't the changes they made to the character. It's the mixture of super powers and espionage I didn't like. That's my problem with the book.

As for selfie covers, I also enjoy the hell out of them. Fun is fun.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inferiorego  Staff

@timelord: also, I haven't slept Mich this week, so I've been really cranky.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@inferiorego: That makes more sense and sleep is for the week!

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord: Nightwing has been the whipping boy of the new 52.

I think that is probably one of, if not the only thing, everyone about the New 52 can agree on. It's been painful to be a Nightwing/Dick Grayson fan. His fall from grace has been a long one. Sucks he is pretty much left out of all the big Batman 75th Anniversary stuff too.

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for more of Mat singing. Hell of a voice.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Munsu

Also I think the Grayson book is a result of DC just now knowing what to do with the character in the reboot. Johns really didn't seem to have any plan when deciding to do what he did with him in Forever Evil. The constant changes in direction are probably a result of that. All of his former roles have been taken by Tim and Jason, so his character is kind of lost without his history. They can make him Nightwing and stick him in some city where he fights crime like Batman again, but then because the character doesn't have anything else the stories start to feel like like it is him being Batman-lite fighting less interesting villain with less strong creative teams. Not exactly exciting, but I really don't know what they could do with him to make the character like he was to be honest.

Also what I kind of don't get is that if Dick is pretending to be dead to just Babs and Alfred (all the JL should know he is alive given what happened in FE) doesn't the fact that Spyral know he is Dick Grayson and that Dick knows they know kind of make him pretending to be dead pointless? I mean the guy in the Spyral mask called him by his name. Though maybe they are just keeping him playing dead as an excuse to not involve him in Eternal.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 inferiorego  Staff

@captain_elburn: @papinacho: so much Dick on this sode

Also, I will never stop singing. Years of being a terrible punk rock singer finally paid off

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By NightFang3

Oh, okay.

The beginning of Nightwing's run was tough, but I think it started getting good after the Court of Owls tie-ins and the book lost me when Dcik wen't to Chaigo.

I haven't been seeing the Channel 52 lately so I think DC already dropped it.

captain_elburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Never heard of sode so I Googled it. Urban Dictionary comes through again.

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@timelord: also, I haven't slept Mich this week, so I've been really cranky.

Oh my my my MICHELL.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Really bummed you guys didn't talk about all the new comic books that have been announced like

Bucky Barnes: The WInter Soldier

Karion the Witch Boy

Gotham Academy

Arkham Manor

also @undeadpool Get Bopped Son!

No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

I don't get it you say that people are very possessive of their favorite characters and hate all the complaining like what they did with Wally. Yet as soon as they change one of your favorite characters you start complaining about it.

And as far as the selfless go there just fun variants there not meant to be taken seriously.

Yeah it's kinda weird that they are really open to changes with Batgirl but then hating the new direction for Nightwing.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inferiorego  Staff

@timelord said:

Yeah it's kinda weird that they are really open to changes with Batgirl but then hating the new direction for Nightwing.

Once again, as I stated earlier, the mixture of espionage and super-powers isn't working. It has nothing to do with the character change and everything to do with the contents of the story.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Powers in spy books don't bother me at all, I mean Bucky fought a Russian gorilla carrying a minigun in his book. Also I wasn't singling you as the others don't seem happy with it either.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I love Dick....wait

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undeadpool: Guess what Cory! There's another super dooper fantastic Green Lantern crossover coming out in October and yep you guessed it, it'll span across all four GL titles I think there even adding a tile (like they did with for ever evil). Ugh... I'm done with all the GL books until they stop this.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

soloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By soloz

Grant Morrison likens his Batman to James Bond, Dick is getting his Bond on to prepare to take over the cowl! :D

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@timelord said:

Once again, as I stated earlier, the mixture of espionage and super-powers isn't working. It has nothing to do with the character change and everything to do with the contents of the story.

So you are saying you don't enjoy any SHIELD related books? You may not like how the book was written, fine, but you finding it less than enjoyable because of the spy/super-powers thing is kin to you not liking Jonah Hex because of the western and super-powers thing. God forbid if you ever read Peter David's SPYBOY ;-)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Heh I doubt Corey will get his 'reading room' in the Green Lantern books what with the announcement of a Green Lantern vs New Genesis: Godhead event. What are your thoughts on that?

Oh and I'm sceptical about how Grayson's changes are looked down on so negatively yet Wally West's literal race change from the iconic ginger haired everyman into a bi racial stereotype doesn't get the same level of criticism. Kinda weird in all honesty.

Nonetheless, another fun podcast as per usual you guys, really enjoyed listening to it.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@timelord said:

So you are saying you don't enjoy any SHIELD related books? You may not like how the book was written, fine, but you finding it less than enjoyable because of the spy/super-powers thing is kin to you not liking Jonah Hex because of the western and super-powers thing. God forbid if you ever read Peter David's SPYBOY ;-)

Now we're just completely off track.

As a person who has read JONAH HEX/ALL STAR WESTERN since the start, the number of super-powered beings that are in that book I can count on one hand.

SaintOfKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SaintOfKillers

In the internet mos of the time people only comment when they don't like something but I just wanted to say that I Really enjoyed the podcast as always, Thanks CV crew.

P.S. if you want a female character that is easy and not to revealing for cosplay I think Death from Sandman is a relatively easy pick, mainly because she just looks like a goth girl. All you need is some white makeup, black clothes, an ankh, and an umbrella (optional). The only downside is that maybe it's not that well known of a character and people mights just thin you are SUPER goth

ptsteelers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ptsteelers

Yes, Matt, but did those spoil the title for you? That was my point. And again, what about any book that has SHIELD? Cap is entrenched in SHIELD espionage type stories, does that count? And like someone else mentioned, you seemed to enjoy Winter Soldier.

I get and totally understand that you didn't like the first issue of Grayson. That is absolutely fine and I would never knock you for not liking any book for the writing or art, but in a universe that is filled with people wearing spandex and capes, flying around, take bullets in the chest with no damage and come back from the dead you want to pigeon-hole one type of story-telling backdrop as "Silly?"

What is really so different having Dick infiltrate this spy organization Spyral than having Dick infiltrate Brother Bloods temple in NEW TEEN TITANS?

Okay, whatever, all is fine. No biggie. Not trying to be "internet guy" (even though yes, I can see where you would think I am), It just bugs me when people blame the "setting" for bad story-telling.

But let's not let this sidetrack the fact that I think you guys do a great job, every week on the podcast.

ComicEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, We've been working really hard as of lately on making a YouTube Comic Book show! We have a couple of videos already made, however, as with anything new, it takes the word of mouth to get things going. We would very much appreciate the help to get this going so we can release the next videos ASAP!

Please watch, comment, share and add your opinions on what you would like to see from us :)

You can watch the video here:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rso79ULVqQk

Best,

Bird Bouchard-Host of Comic Empire