No Caption Provided
WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Trying to think back to Rocky III...

I agree that Apollo would have probably beaten Clubber Lang. Wasn't the reason Rocky lost because he had lost the "eye of the tiger" and become complacent and overconfident? While Lang was training hard he was doing publicity stunts and the like, so Apollo had to whip him back into real fighting shape. Sure, he lost to Drago, but he was tougher than Lang.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Superman didn't have the shorts on on the statue

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I think it's just weird art, I don't think it's meant to be shorts

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lex Luger is Superman greatest enemy.

Loading Video...
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#9  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

New podcast!!!

No Caption Provided

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: I even straight out asked Grant Morrison about the costume in a phone interview. I'm on mobile so I can't hot link it. I can later and it can be found by going to the news section on his page. He didn't fully address it but also didn't clarify it was an art error.

CV: Will we get answers about the mention of Superman's first death, Doomsday or the statue with Superman's pre-New 52 costume?

GM: All those things, I wanted to show that they had happened. I didn't think it was actually important to show the actual event. I think it's important for Superman's origin to show that he once died. If some other writer down the line wants to tell the story, it's theirs to tell. This story is more about suggesting what went wrong and moving forward it's showing a situation where he's facing something even worse than Doomsday.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Larry David's catch-phrase from Curb Your Enthusiasm. Pretty good. :)

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha the soundbit is from Larry David's show(Dude who created Seinfeld) Curb your Enthusiasm. It's amazing and hilarious.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Well he's not wearing them in the other panels, maybe the editors changed it

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Also I wanna clarify some things for you guys on The Question's previous series.

The '80s series was by Denny O'Neil and was collected in trade paperback. However I don't think they're still in print because they're getting pretty hard to find in either a new state or at a reasonable price. I've heard this series was really good.

The 2005 miniseries with Vic Sage as the Question was by Rick Veitch. This series had a different feel than Denny O'Neil's run and was much shorter. I believe it was set in Metropolis.

Renee Montoya became The Question during the weekly 52 event, and starred in several solo minseries written by Greg Rucka as well as popping up in Final Crisis and Batwoman's Detective Comics run.

I don't think Grant Morrison ever wrote The Question solo, although I'm sure he probably wrote either/both of them in events or team books.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and I forget the users name that asked about Daredevil but here is the list of books that I would go with:

• Daredevil: Man Without Fear (origin)
  • Daredevil by Frank Miller (know that he only writes half the stories in the first vol)
  • Daredevil by Kevin Smith (it's just ok but it has a big event in it)
  • Daredevil by David Mack
  • Daredevil by Bendis
  • Daredevil by Brubaker (the best DD run IMO)
  • Daredevil by Andy Diggle (some people don't like Shadowland but I don't think it's that bad)
  • Daredevil Reborn

If you are going to read the current run (Personally I think it's trash) be aware that it's a complete 360 turn around and the tone and character is totally different from the books that came before and likely won't be anything like the tv show.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@undeadpool, you need to watch Miami Connection (1987). It's the ultimate "bad action movie." And hey now, the last several issues of TMNT have received 4-stars!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This podcast is prettay good. It's kind of a sad state of affairs when the comicvine podcast is longer than the bombcast. I can't decide if it's because of the higher ratio of good comics to bad that come out each week versus the quality of weekly video game releases or the sheer amount of dead air (tsk tsk Tony, stop cuing up clips while nobody's talking). I will say that every time video games and Metal Gear Solid come up I half expect Mat to preface how Tony hates video games which is why he doesn't play them. Then they get into a back and forth and hilarity ensues. Payback for saying how much Mat hates super heroes. Corey is still funny even when he's being deadpanned by you guys.

The last week was a strong one for DC books and not so much for Marvel in my opinion. I can recognize that Marvel still has plenty quality titles but the only thing I read from them was New Avengers because it's freaking Hickman's New Avengers. Sooo good. There are still some indy books I'd like to check out at some point but those are a lot easier to trade wait for and I'm happy to get some short hand from the podcast and reviews. I always feel like I have much more to comment on but I can never keep track of all the stuff you guys say. Thanks and keep up the great work.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Well he must at least like when terrible things happen to superheroes. See? He... likes them...

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and I forget the users name that asked about Daredevil but here is the list of books that I would go with:

• Daredevil: Man Without Fear (origin)
  • Daredevil by Frank Miller (know that he only writes half the stories in the first vol)
  • Daredevil by Kevin Smith (it's just ok but it has a big event in it)
  • Daredevil by David Mack
  • Daredevil by Bendis
  • Daredevil by Brubaker (the best DD run IMO)
  • Daredevil by Andy Diggle (some people don't like Shadowland but I don't think it's that bad)
  • Daredevil Reborn

If you are going to read the current run (Personally I think it's trash) be aware that it's a complete 360 turn around and the tone and character is totally different from the books that came before and likely won't be anything like the tv show.

it was me doug. How could you forget my name!?!?!? ahah

ANd thanks for the recommendations. I am reading the current series and read Waid's run before it got relaunched. I really really really like the series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Ha I actually missed the name when they said it lol

Well then know that the series that came before are very different. Past DD series are like The WIre or True Detective, very dark and realistic crime noir whereas current DD is more saturday morning cartoon.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Ha I actually missed the name when they said it lol

Well then know that the series that came before are very different. Past DD series are like The WIre or True Detective, very dark and realistic crime noir whereas current DD is more saturday morning cartoon.

I loved The Wire and always big fan of dark and noir stuff. Maybe after I read the older DD stuff, I won't think so highly of the current run. The current run isn't bad a t all though. It's good to change up the tone of the character and do something different.

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By undeadpool

@k4tzm4n said:

@undeadpool, you need to watch Miami Connection (1987). It's the ultimate "bad action movie." And hey now, the last several issues of TMNT have received 4-stars!

Careful. In a world where Tango and Cash exists, that's a tough claim to make...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By SaintWildcard

So much New 52 Superman hate, the only reason Im a Superman (and read comics at all) fan is cus the new 52.

My favorite era
My favorite era

cwpolzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#29 cwpolzel  Moderator

Just finished listening, good podcast.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

So much New 52 Superman hate, the only reason Im a Superman (and read comics at all) fan is cus the new 52.

My favorite era
My favorite era

If you actually listened to the podcast, you'd hear why there is so much justifiable New 52 Superman hate.

Besides, the entire New 52 Superman series up to Johns has been the subject of most New 52 Superman hate anyway.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@lvenger said:

@saint_wildcard said:

My favorite era
My favorite era

If you actually listened to the podcast, you'd hear why there is so much justifiable New 52 Superman hate.

I did, and I listened to the other one.