• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Woo podcast at least we have Corey 2 while Corey is not here :)

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WTF Corey

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Since when does not liking one book = a sense of entitlement?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Since the internet? I don't get why people go out of their way to enter a thread/post/whatever just to let us all know they don't like something. Yes, they are entitled to their opinions. I just wish there was more positivity or at least a better critique as to why they didn't like whatever.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Why go in to a thread just to say you do like something then? If you're never aloud to say bad things about a book then you're giving a false representation of the book. People don't go in to an in depth critique as to why they do or do not like vegetables, sometimes you just don't like something.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: you sure like to argue with me, don't ya? I just said why not give a critique why something's bad instead of just saying it "sucks."

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I'm only arguing back. And I said sometimes you just don't like something and there is no need for an indepth critique. Righting off someones opinion as entitlement is wrong.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck

@jonny_anonymous: it's fine. You're constantly arguing with me. I don't recall using the word "entitlement." I'm here and more concerned with entertaining and talking about my love for comics. I have no interest in arguing over something like this. This isn't the first time you've felt the need to argue but like I said, that's fine if it's what you want.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: You didn't, Mat did. You're the one the one arguing with me. I left a comment and you felt the need to reply to it, I didn't force you to. When you commented to me did you expect me not to reply back?

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good show guys

@g_man Do you think you could post a link in the comments to where you are with the questions that would be great.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: fine. My mistake. I won't reply to you then. Like I said, this isn't the first time you taken my words the wrong way.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord: thanks! We just did post 873 on page 18. (Sorry it's not hot linked, I'm on my phone on the ferry).

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/podcast-3091/questions-for-comic-vine-667145/?page=18#js-message-888

nickstrong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I need three required reading Marvel titles to add to my pull list. The Punisher is the only Marvel book I read and I want to get a better handle on the Marvel Universe. I tried a couple Spider Man and X Men titles but was unable to really get into them. Maybe I should get trades first to get acquainted with the Marvel Universe?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need three required reading Marvel titles to add to my pull list. The Punisher is the only Marvel book I read and I want to get a better handle on the Marvel Universe. I tried a couple Spider Man and X Men titles but was unable to really get into them. Maybe I should get trades first to get acquainted with the Marvel Universe?

Read the better events, like House of M, Civil War, and AvX possibly. That way you get the broad strokes of recent history along with most of the key players. It's the most bang for your buck, experience wise.

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Star Wars. Haven't read as many of the comics as I'd like, but I've a read a decent chunk of the books. Love the Darth Bane and Thrawn trilogies.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not so sure it counts but I see the Star Wars threads get posted in a lot, specifically the ones in the Battles forum. So there is a fair amount of Star Wars love here.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mutant God

I disagree with your opinion of Romulus, also another great villian of Wolverine is Dr. Rot

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Mucklefluga

Where...?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#22 inferiorego  Staff

It's comics in general. There are certain people, and it's usually those who are most vocal, who think DC/Marvel owes it to them to give them the characters they want, day in, day out, and when they don't do it exactly the way they want, they flip out.

A prime example of this is many people complaining about Wally West. It will take you very little time to find a comment like this "This isn't my Wally West."

FE7 was a jumping off point to talk about this.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

It's comics in general. There are certain people, and it's usually those who are most vocal, who think DC/Marvel owes it to them to give them the characters they want, day in, day out, and when they don't do it exactly the way they want, they flip out.

A prime example of this is many people complaining about Wally West. It will take you very little time to find a comment like this "This isn't my Wally West."

But isn't everybody going to be like that for at least one character? I mean you don't have to like every incarnation of a character. Isn't this what G-Man's biggest problem with the current Wonder Woman is, that it's not "his character" anymore? As long as the person isn't being rude or disrespectful, I see no problem with that.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I agreed with you Matt.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@jonny_anonymous said:

@inferiorego said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

But isn't everybody going to be like that for at least one character? I mean you don't have to like every incarnation of a character. Isn't this what G-Man's biggest problem with the current Wonder Woman is, that it's not "his character" anymore? As long as the person isn't being rude or disrespectful, I see no problem with that.

It's still a sense of entitlement whether the person is respectful or not.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#30  Edited By SynCig

I agree with @inferiorego about fan entitlement to a great extent but I do understand the other side of the coin. As a big fan of certain characters, it is hard to separate yourself from that sense of entitlement. The New 52 especially has brought about a large number of changes to beloved characters and people feel personally wronged by some of them. Obviously that isn't the case but these characters represent much more than just a source of entertainment for many (myself included). They are a connection very similar to real life relationships. When something drastic happens it is easy to get caught up in hyperbole and come off as an entitle brat. With all that said, these characters do not belong to us. The companies have the right to do whatever they want with them. I've accepted this and there are many who still need to. If people are really offended by something one of the publishers does to a character, then the best option is to vote with your money rather than go online and complain about it.

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rob1157

Well, this is a fun thread. btw great podcast, guys.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@rob1157: Totally! Comic book talk AND virtual arguing. It's a match made in heaven.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@mutant_god: I'd say the greatest Wolverine villain ever has to be.... Life itself! If he ever gets too happy someone'll always come and mess with him. Poor guy :,(