User Lists: 3

#4 NightFang3  Online
mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

In Marvel Two-In-One issue 69 it was revealed that Major Victory could take off his suit because it had slowly been regenerating his body over the years.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This is the best Major Victory also I can't believe you guys didn't mention it was DnA that wrote the stories in Guardians of the Galaxy

No Caption Provided

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By lifeofvibe

the diference between the changes you listed doc oc wolverine no healing and the new wally west is simple there temperental the new wally west is permenent and people will give a damn about the writing as soon as we get our original character back and i have now gaven up on wally ever returning

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and i wont complaine i just wont read the damn story its horrible how dc treats there fans just horrible im actually in tears right now so sue me ugh there goes wally gone for good just like lobo just like starfire like jason like harley quinn like them all a beutiful character gone for good

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 NightFang3  Online

And I won't complain i just won't read the damn story its horrible how dc treats there fans just horrible i'm actually in tears right now so sue me ugh there goes wally gone for good just like Lobo just like Starfire like Jason like Harley Quinn like them all a beautiful character gone for good.

I'm sorry but this is how I feel about people who make these comments.

Loading Video...

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Can someone please translate lifeofvibes posts?

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Munsu

Changing Wally into a black/hispanic character really just feels like lazy writing. Like they needed to fill a quota. Why not change Stephanie Brown's skin color as well when you introduced her? The bat line could use some more black female characters. It's just sad that Marvel is willing to put in the extra effort in promoting new characters of color (the new Ghost Rider and Ms Marvel are to great recent examples) but DC isn't willing to spend that extra effort.

Though I'm surprised Tony isn't more upset that Wally is a teen again and not the same age as Dick Grayson. Seems like he is going to be the new Kid Flash on the Teen Titans with Tim as well.

Edit: Also they changed Spider-man back because there was a new Spider-man movie coming out. Of course they were going to revert back before that. Wally is now black on the Flash show. So this feels like a change to reflect that change on the show.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By timelord

I hope Amazon doesn't bump up the prices in NZ. For a physical comic a $3.99 book is normally $10.00 $2.99 is $7 I know why my local store where I buy my trades imports direct from the states getting things here is not cheap.

Trades are better $24 for Paperbacks $35 for the Hard Covers. I by digital first then pick up the trade if Amazon aren't careful they will price there self's right out of the market.

Digital should be cheaper as you don't actually own the comic and there is no shipping and handling involved. Comixolgy where actually quite good in this regard as you only pay full price for that month's comics and stuff gets cheaper the father back you go which makes it easier to get caught up on a series and there frequent 99 cents sales have made it incredibly easy to get caught up on a book.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15 inferiorego  Staff

In Marvel Two-In-One issue 69 it was revealed that Major Victory could take off his suit because it had slowly been regenerating his body over the years.

Thank you!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inferiorego  Staff

This is the best Major Victory also I can't believe you guys didn't mention it was DnA that wrote the stories in Guardians of the Galaxy

No Caption Provided

No bandanna? No dice!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@munsu: I mentioned before a few times that I would've been okay if Wally was Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS when it launched in the New 52 since it'd mean we'd at least get him back. Losing the friendship with Dick and the other Titans would be a bummer but then those Titans never existed in the New 52. I just can't get as upset as I used to. I just try to focus on the good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@inferiorego: Funnely enough bandannaman is the first one to come up on google images lol

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: Funnely enough bandannaman is the first one to come up on google images lol

It's because Google knows my love for him.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: But it is more like we are getting the name back not the character. The two have a completely different backstory, connection to Flash, and upbringing (he seems to be the generic street punk kid in the Annual preview) and I don't see how he can ever be the Wally people wanted back. It's like how people say they want the old Superman back. He isn't the same because he went through different things in the New 52, namely his parents dying. He can't be like how he used to. It's just sad they brought Steph back with barely any changes (she looks the same, her father is the same and they are even going to build up her connection to characters like Tim back) but they couldn't do the same for Wally.

I mean for the longest time you were such a big proponent of "maybe some version of the old Titans still happened". Maybe they could have had the old Wally people wanted back have a previous connection to Flash but just lost his powers, retired and is just a normal university student somewhere and this black/hispanic Wally could have been a brand new character they could have built into the new Kid Flash.

It now looks like DC has no clue what to do with characters from Dick's generation and the whole 5 year time line half relaunch/half reboot is still impacting things currently. Those characters really got screwed over hard in the reboot because of their age and where they fits into DC's new history. Seems like they are even sending Dick off on his own away from everyone for a while so they don't have to deal with him. As someone who really enjoyed those generation of characters and their friendship (they were more like a family than friends) it's sad to see them get treated so badly now. At times like this I wish DC had done a full reboot or I had grown up with a different generation of characters.

FastestBlender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FastestBlender

The New 52: Where unfortunate things happen

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/24/writers-robert-venditti-and-van-jensen-address-controversial-new-52-wally-west-in-the-flash-30

"DC said they wanted us to re-introduce Wally West and they wanted him to be bi-racial" - Robert Venditti

Not a mystery Tony. It's upper brass and editors issuing edicts instead of letting writers do their jobs. These are the same people that force major last minute rewrites of scripts and cause the Diggle's and the Fialkov's of the world to say "thanks, but no thanks". I'm all for diversity in comics, but not tokenism. No one has a passionate idea for a bi-racial Flash at DC, it's just PR people failing to properly address the issue that all top DC characters are white males. Are Justice League is too homogeneous? Well, we'll throw Cyborg in there, but we won't find a talented young African American writer to develop him in his own series. That's tokenism.

Look across the isle, and you see Miles Morales. A fully developed character taking over the mantle of a popular white hero. Bendis had an idea of who this guy is and how his superhero career would differ from Peters. And he's huge, people cosplay as him and Donald Glover wants to play him in a movie. That's diversity.

"@g_man: But it is more like we are getting the name back not the character. The two have a completely different backstory, connection to Flash, and upbringing (he seems to be the generic street punk kid in the Annual preview) and I don't see how he can ever be the Wally people wanted back."

Exactly. That's why people are upset.

From IGN's comments (with over 1000 likes):

"While I have no problems with it, it seems a LOT of comic companies are doing things like this just to be different and it comes off as artificial. Personally, instead of changing established heroes, I'd prefer them to introduce great new heroes. Why couldn't they introduce a new Flash who's biracial instead of having Wally West? It wouldn't be the first time the mantle has changed hands. For example, John Stewart isn't Hal Jordan turned black-- he's a great GL on his own."

That's it.

Finally, it is on the storyteller, not the reader, to create suspension of disbelief. "You should know they're just gonna change it back" ABSOLUTELY NOT. You should put down a comic saying "wow, I have no idea what's gonna happen next". And if you're just gonna pull time jump stunts and crisis' upon crisis', people are gonna stop paying attention. It's disrespectful to the creators and the readers

mechwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By mechwalker
SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

The only thing that bothers me about the Wally change is that I always liked that he was a ginger like me. Lol. The change doesn't really matter much to me otherwise but red headed heroes are kind of rare. A lot of the love interests are red headed but not so much the heroes. Oh well. Like you guys said, as long as the character and story telling are good then I'm cool with it. I do think it is somewhat lazy though. It has been talked to death but instead of changing characters, I'd like to see new minority characters created or maybe give more focus to the ones that already exist.

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@timelord said:

I hope Amazon doesn't bump up the prices in NZ. For a physical comic a $3.99 book is normally $10.00 $2.99 is $7 I know why my local store where I buy my trades imports direct from the states getting things here is not cheap.

Trades are better $24 for Paperbacks $35 for the Hard Covers. I by digital first then pick up the trade if Amazon aren't careful they will price there self's right out of the market.

Digital should be cheaper as you don't actually own the comic and there is no shipping and handling involved. Comixolgy where actually quite good in this regard as you only pay full price for that month's comics and stuff gets cheaper the father back you go which makes it easier to get caught up on a series and there frequent 99 cents sales have made it incredibly easy to get caught up on a book.

I was about to say that was crazy expensive but with the conversion it's more or less the same in New Zealand and Europe. Usually I thought you guys got overcharged for basically everything. It's crazy that the yanks were complaining about that rise of 1 dollar to 3.99 and as a result refusing to buy books because they really don't know how lucky they are not having pay tax on their comic books as well.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ZbvmX

You guys forgot the outro muuzak! :P

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: red heads are rare? in comics? hehehehehehehahahahahahaHaHaHaHaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!?HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#30  Edited By SynCig

@lifeofvibe: I guess I should have specified red headed male heroes. Tons of females and some supporting characters. Regardless, your comment was completely unnecessary. Really classy.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig: oh but theres wally, roy, pre-52 jason, question, riddler, jonah hex (in some artist interpitation), and plenty more

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers