Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thatguy

No Caption Provided
The Son of Darkseid, The Dog of War

Orion has it all, but what makes him honestly interesting is when he's off the astro harness and without the mother box.....Orion honestly in my opinion is someone who could always be a superheroes last called upon ally because the extremes Orion will go to for the victory, The entire idea of Orion battling his fathers nature makes for honestly a great storyline.

I just felt that he almost was in need of a respect thread.....
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

You have no idea how right you are. I don't think there was a story that did Orion justice in the last 40 years. Everyone portrays him as an angry guy who needs a couple hits on the head to cool off, and that is just wrong. He is the greatest warrior of New Genesis. He is the greatest bane of Apokolips. The slayer of evil, the protector of mankind. He's an incredibly awesome character which nobody seems to notice.

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thatguy

A new look could honestly help....one of the things i noticed is Orion is listed as 6'1'' 195 pounds.......Orion the son of the 8'4'' over 1,000 pound father.

A more brutal warrior look would top off Orion, not too barbaric but his image always seems to be underplayed, the pic above is the most epic pic i could find of Orion. He has the potential to be so much more.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

He was given a makeover by Morrison and Jones for Final Crisis. Never made it past a sketch, but they got rid of the underwear and added some Kirbyesque golden lines over his suit. Basically they accentuated his soldier look.

Also, I don't have a problem with his size. He's meant to look human, unlike Apokoliptians, who are most certainly not supposed to look human.

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thatguy
@AtPhantom said:
" He was given a makeover by Morrison and Jones for Final Crisis. Never made it past a sketch, but they got rid of the underwear and added some Kirbyesque golden lines over his suit. Basically they accentuated his soldier look.  Also, I don't have a problem with his size. He's meant to look human, unlike Apokoliptians, who are most certainly not supposed to look human. "
understandable on the size, but they list him at 6'1'' when in several moments he kinda towers over some listed taller.....you would think he'd look human but still retain size.....i was thinking like 7'4'' 500 pounds.
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By kheranlord12
@thatguy said:
" A new look could honestly help....one of the things i noticed is Orion is listed as 6'1'' 195 pounds.......Orion the son of the 8'4'' over 1,000 pound father.  A more brutal warrior look would top off Orion, not too barbaric but his image always seems to be underplayed, the pic above is the most epic pic i could find of Orion. He has the potential to be so much more. "
Making Orion a brutal would go against his character. What makes Orion an interesting character is that he was born on apokolips and he has the trait of an apokoltian and some of his father traits but when he was ten years old he was sent to New Genesis has a peace treaty. He was taught the value of peace and justice but he still had to trouble confroting his apokoltian nature but he imbrace Highfather teaching.He is noble hero like Thor, King Arthur and Superman(heroes that think black and white) that has a darkside most heroes that has a darkside are antii heroes.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

I thought this picture of him looked pretty cool. I wish his design could have stayed something like this.

No Caption Provided
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CosmicSpiral

I liked Orion's role in the Rock of Ages storyline, possibly my favorite prep feat of all time simply because of how unexpected it was. 

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MrMiracle77

You'd think Orion would be more popular when you consider the surge of Space Opera novels, tv shows, and video games that have come out in the past decade.

Writers just can't get the hang of him within the context of the rest of the New Gods characters.  As a solo character, he works well with the rest of the DC universe.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kheranlord12
@MrMiracle77 said:
" You'd think Orion would be more popular when you consider the surge of Space Opera novels, tv shows, and video games that have come out in the past decade.  Writers just can't get the hang of him within the context of the rest of the New Gods characters.  As a solo character, he works well with the rest of the DC universe. "
His Walt simonson run was a masterpierce.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I love Orion. Too bad that DC has had Darkseid become a dominantly Superman foe, rather than the New Genesis enemy he was originally envisioned as.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc
@thatguy said:
"A new look could honestly help....one of the things i noticed is Orion is listed as 6'1'' 195 pounds.......Orion the son of the 8'4'' over 1,000 pound father.  A more brutal warrior look would top off Orion, not too barbaric but his image always seems to be underplayed, the pic above is the most epic pic i could find of Orion. He has the potential to be so much more. "

Yes, I agree.  Apparently DC found it necessary to bump Big Barda up to 7' tall from 6' 2" tall, so why not increase Orion's size from it's current status to something more in line with his status as the Son of Darkseid, New God of Apokolips and top-tier strongman/bad-mofo?  I mean 195 lbs.?  C'mon!  I'm bigger than Orion.
Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Kairan1979

It's almost sad to see what DCAU did to Orion. He was depowered so dramatically, even Flash's Rogues could beat him.

Avatar image for teamunitednerds
TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

His potential isn't at all overlooked. Jack Kirby did amazing things with him, and that's more than enough.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you serious? Orion has been completely astaedized in the New 52. Jack Kirby hasn't been around for a while, so no, its not more than enough that only the creator can make a character interesting.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's almost sad to see what DCAU did to Orion. He was depowered so dramatically, even Flash's Rogues could beat him.

Agreed. He didn't even put up much of a fight against Darkseid in the show.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is that DC most of times only think of Batman and Superman, then Flash and Green Lantern franchise. Orion and new gods have a great potential to be a epic space tale. DC kinda of destroyed the New Gods origins in the Darkseid villains month

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fodigg

I like the new 52 Orion a lot actually.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veronicacris: "destroyed"? I don't think so. Darkseid is better portrayed. thye look more like gods then ever. And besides, the story can change. It's a "tale". So there are many aspects to it. writers can make Darkseid a primal cosmic entity that acted as teh serpent. The New Gods then spawned.... Highfather was created by the Source to be teh God of the good universe and Uxas for the bad.... Creat New Gen an Apok, then big war.... you know the stories change. I don't think it was terrible with DS. It was kinda badass