gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

It’s almost strange getting a little backstory and seeing the beginning of the plotting to go after the Watcher and his secrets. There’s almost an odd, yet exciting, feeling with the way this story is unfolding. We’re in the midst of a big murder mystery. Clearly there is more to it than that. With the standoff that happened at the end of last issue, the secrets of the world have been unleashed. The floodgates are opened and everyone is thrown off guard as they are suddenly slammed with new revelations. And it’s not just the heroes, of course. That adds a more realistic touch to the idea. It's great to briefly see non-superheroes affected by the revelations. But while secrets are being unleashed, we still don’t have them all, including the big one.

Besides the main heroes going after the Watcher’s eye, we still have the other mini-teams formed by an unknown person. The combination of the groupings is interesting and it’s fascinating to see some of them outside their normal elements. The investigation heats up and you’ll never believe the last page.

Mike Deodato continues to do a great job depicting all the characters in the various locations. It’s a heavy load and he seems to do it with ease. I mentioned in previous reviews that there were times things looked a little muddy or unclear but that isn’t the case in this issue. With Frank Martin’s colors, the mood is set nicely. The colors and shading help to create a mysterious vibe in the story with shadows in just the right places. Some of the mysterious characters are shown in plane sight in certain panels but the shadows prevent us from seeing who exactly it is despite them being fully shown.

The Bad

All the characters being hit by the sudden revelation of secrets is a little of a stretch. While not necessarily everyone will be discovering huge secrets (in their own titles), it seems a little odd and convenient that so many characters have these deep secrets that have been hidden from them. Hopefully not every single main character in the Marvel Universe will have some big crazy secret but not everyone should have a secret that would throw them off.

It could be that too much is happening at the same time but I still find it hard to believe that the big players are apparently unaware that someone has gathered and sent other heroes off on separate missions without their knowing. Is Cap really unaware that Bucky is out in space?

The Verdict

Comic Book events are nothing new these days. But there's something about ORIGINAL SIN that is keeping me captivated. We may be seeing a lot of new secrets come to light with characters in their books but the whole idea of a mystery in the Marvel Universe if just fun to read. Mike Deadato is keeping pace with Jason Aaron's script with ease. The action may be spread all over the place but that's part of the fun. We have strange pairings working for a mysterious boss and seeing these interactions has me hooked. It doesn't hurt when you have a big crazy twist of an ending either. I can't wait to see what happens next. This is the kind of comic book event I want.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Holy sh*t.

Bucky was not merciful

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Pretty upset on how that ended. I always like the relationship between Bucky and Nick. Both are two of my favorite characters so to have one kill the other sucks. I hope this isn't the end of that and Nick isn't really dead. I would also be upset if that is how they decide to actually kill of Fury. He deserves a heroic death and not an assassination in the middle of the event.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

AndySynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've thought from the first issue that the shadowy figure who recruited BP, Emma, Strange, et al... looked suspiciously like ol' Nick. And this issue continues that suspicion. One down, how many more to go?

Also, someone clear this up for me... it's explicitly stated that only those in the local vicinity were affected by the "Truth Bomb"... so how come Deadpool has a tie-in? Did I miss seeing him?

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lena_Dante

Can't stop laughing at the last pages, tbh. Just so...I don't have words.

Saw a theory that it was an LMD, and a second theory that the secret Bucky found out that drove him to it was that Nick knew he was being held and used by the Russians the whole time.

Also, I'm not up to date with UXM, but...did Emma get her telepathy back and I missed it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@andysynn: Agent Preston and Adsit were in the vicinity.

AndySynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: Ohhhh.... thank you. I thought it might have been that, but really wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

RobotMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

@cap10nate: Everyone remembers how Secret Warriors ended, right?

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel's gotten pretty gory nowadays huh?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@cap10nate: I don't buy it. It's comic books so there's gotta be something else. It was a crazy moment though. Insane visuals.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I didn't see that coming .

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lena_dante: Nope. Currently, Emma's TP is still broken, which means that either Aaron is ignoring Bendis' continuity in order to tell his story or Original Sin takes place in UXM's near future in which Emma has regained control of her powers.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I really don't think it was the end of Nick either. Maybe the fact that he couldn't see any secrets is that he is an LMD that doesn't think he is an LMD. . . even though there is already a Fury LMD out there like that.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Bendis' foreshadowing actually pulled through.
Looks like Bendis' foreshadowing actually pulled through.

Bucky might be in trouble.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By HumanRocket

@beaconofstrength: EXACTLY my first thought. I've been waiting on two things. 1. An explanation of Caps vision during Rebirth and 2. Bendies Ultron vs Kang explanation of what Bucky did that would upset the next Avengers.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: EXACTLY my first thought. I've been waiting on two things. 1. An explanation of Caps vision during Rebirth and 2. Bendies Ultron vs Kang explanation of what Bucky did that would upset the next Avengers.

Looks like Bucky may have done some serious stuff. I doubt the future Avengers would hate him with that much of a passion for only killing Nick Fury. It looks like Bucky may be getting his "fate" they were talking about, fairly soon.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket said:

Looks like Bucky may have done some serious stuff. I doubt the future Avengers would hate him with that much of a passion for only killing Nick Fury. It looks like Bucky may be getting his "fate" they were talking about, fairly soon.

I'm 99 percent sure that this is the secret Steve is hidden when he was asked what he saw, and it could be Bucky's fate.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Possibly. Looks like a reboot may actually happen. I'm surprised all this foreshadowing actually pulled through; I thought it was something they just added to keep it interesting.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: I was waiting for it for a while, but gave up on a follow up after Age Of Ultron. But now I'm really can't wait until the next issue.

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By csguterres

I think the real Nick Fury is hiding something, and Bucky killed a LMD. Remember "Nick Fury" (the LMD) saw nothing earlier in the issue. Bucky is going to open the LMD up (that's why he cut off the head) to find out Fury's secrets. Bucky is not a villain.

Bendis wasn't foreshadowing anything. That panel was just random stuff from some years ago.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: isn't that page just foreshadowing Fear itself.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: isn't that page just foreshadowing Fear itself.

You could say that, but Bucky was in his Captain America uniform when he "died" in Fear Itself. The vision shows him in his Winter Soldier gear.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: yeah but with the tripods that are similar to Sin's nazi army and the shadowy figure with what looks like an asgardian hammer makes me think it is all about FI and the Winter Soldier costume is just a mistake unless they planned for him to go back to it before FI and then decided to keep him in the role up through FI.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By slimj87d

We're only in the middle of the book, and something big happened obviously to throw everyone off. The Nick Fury there is most likely an LMD, and that's the reason why it didn't "see" anything.

Bucky obviously isn't the killer, and there's more to what is going on. Heck, that might not even be the real Bucky. So I wonder what's really going to happen or what's really going on here. The preview of the next book shows Dr. Strange and Wolverine

Lastly, it's very stupid to write Nick Fury saying he's always hated Bucky when he's saved Bucky using his last infinity formula and he's done SO MUCH for Bucky. I think that part of the writing is terrible.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see that coming .

Same here my jaw dropped long for me to continue after seeing what happened. :-o

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d:I was wondering also about the Punisher and Winter Soldier said about only ten people could make certain shots in the book.

@vandersexxx: Yeah it came out of nowhere.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Possibly. Looks like a reboot may actually happen. I'm surprised all this foreshadowing actually pulled through; I thought it was something they just added to keep it interesting.

Yep it looks that way. It might even transcend far after this and when the events of Axis will happen ........ we might be looking at Marvel's own (but longer) version of DC's Flashpoint?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was the planet supposed to be Ego?

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Can we just talk about the fact that The Watcher was killed by a bullet and his eyeball somehow contains all of his secrets? Like, why is nobody focusing on the absolutely stupid premise of this? It's beyond suspension of disbelief. Some things just shouldn't happen.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By slimj87d

This is just completely random. If it turns out Bucky murdered Nick Fury in cold blood, then this is completely out of character for Bucky.

Anyone that has read his series knows that Nick Fury and Bucky have been working together since Bucky came back to his senses. Nick Fury has gotten him out of trouble dozens of times.

So I'll say this, the book has me surprised as well due to Bucky being completely out of character. He's definitely not the shooter though, because BP found out the shooter has been killing all kinds of astral monsters for a long long time.

DardVader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for marvel comics review:

1)Magneto: this issue serves as a break for all the violence from the whole series but that´s not a bad thing because it also gave us a new character that was even able to mischief the master of magnetism and set up for whats next.

2)Mile Morales: great art great story great everything but it felt so quick, i felt that i read like just 10 pages aside from that its a must read and i really feel that ITS really Peter Parker.

3)Original Sin: by FAR the best issue of the event, beautiful art that goes smooth with the story, great dialogue, also great teaming up (especially Dr. Strange and Punisher) AND THAT ending (i did not see that coming).

4)Loki AOA: LOVE the art, solid issue, everything you want from loki in a single issue, also we get to see the true origin of the "old" loki or should i say "future" loki and it also set up for whats next "the tenth realm" remember the X marks the spot.

5)Cyclops: tough its not the best story, its very well told, great art and easily makes me want to read more about it.

6)Moon Knight: Awesome pretty much describe the whole issue, but i want to see a follow up story and more of the ending of the first issue.

7)New warriors: like magneto this is a beak and a set up for whats next, again i think that the best of everything was the scarlet spider and aracely (especially when she sees penance).

Remember this is just my opinion, you are free to disagree

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn you, Aaron! This is like Hulk Hogan's heel turn times 20 for me!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm not liking the event. It's like one gigantic joke punk on us. At least I hope it is. Fury dead? Maybe a LMD? Hasn't the clock on Original Fury been running out ever since his son showed up?

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope a different living planet because according to Gamora there is more of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill said:

Nope a different living planet because according to Gamora there is more of them.

Seems like a lame reveal if it isn't Ego than. Why would anyone care about a dead planet? Especially on they have never heard of before?

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_mast said:

Can we just talk about the fact that The Watcher was killed by a bullet and his eyeball somehow contains all of his secrets? Like, why is nobody focusing on the absolutely stupid premise of this? It's beyond suspension of disbelief. Some things just shouldn't happen.

I have a feeling that's covered in the individual tie-ins but what we're seeing here is their reaction to what they just saw when Z-Orb "detonated" the Watcher's eye right in front of them.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least we only have to wait two weeks for the next issue. Can't wait to see how this stunner will actually play out.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm angry as hell because I know the ending was done simply to pave the way for a character who really has no reason to exist.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calling it, it's Fury. Bucky killed a LMD and he's gonna be set up by the real killer. The mastermind holding the gamma-irradiated bullet looks just like Fury.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

A reboot might be coming.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

Calling it, it's Fury. Bucky killed a LMD and he's gonna be set up by the real killer. The mastermind holding the gamma-irradiated bullet looks just like Fury.

I was thinking that too, but for some reason a lot of shots show that that figure has no eye patch. Maybe it was done on purpose though so we wouldn't guess.

But again, the killer has been killing for a long long time with the same kind of bullets, so the person has to be really really really really old.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Owner at the comic shop asked "You buying Original Sin #3"? I said "Nah". He said "At the very least pick it up and look at the last page".

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#44  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@slimj87d said:

We're only in the middle of the book, and something big happened obviously to throw everyone off. The Nick Fury there is most likely an LMD, and that's the reason why it didn't "see" anything.

Bucky obviously isn't the killer, and there's more to what is going on. Heck, that might not even be the real Bucky. So I wonder what's really going to happen or what's really going on here. The preview of the next book shows Dr. Strange and Wolverine

Lastly, it's very stupid to write Nick Fury saying he's always hated Bucky when he's saved Bucky using his last infinity formula and he's done SO MUCH for Bucky. I think that part of the writing is terrible.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Fury's death is a stage. Whenever Nick Fury "dies" you should always take that with a grain of salt. The guy has more LMD's than Iron Man has armors, so I won't be surprised to find out next issue or at the end of this event that Fury's still alive.

Personally, and this is just me letting my mind wander into fan-fic territory, but am I the only person who thinks that "mystery guy" we see lurking in the shadows is actually the real Nick Fury? I get that the guy appeared to have like white, old man hair, but if I remember correctly back in Fear Itself #7.1 it was revealed that the Infinity Formula that Fury gave Bucky to keep him alive was Nick's last of the formula. I believe it's even mentioned that Fury would begin to age normally now as well. We really have no idea what would happen to Fury physically without the formula, so whose to say that his body hasn't rapidly begun aging and thus would explain why he would appear to be an old man in that one panel?

Another thing that could support this theory is the fact that Fury, despite having so many secrets, didn't remember anything when Orb unlocked the Watcher's eye. The only reason I can think of why Fury wouldn't remember anything is because it's not the real Fury, but the Fury we've seen so far is actually an LMD. LMD's are designed to be an exact copy of that person, going so far as to actually believe they ARE that person. It's very well possible that this LMD actually thinks it's Nick Fury, thus would explain it's own confusion to all of this.

Again, it's just a random theory that popped into my head, but every since this event was announced and even more so with each new issue, I can't help but feel that Nick Fury is the one behind ALL of this. The man loves secrets, it's like his obsessions, and we know that he is willing to go to any length to get what he wants. So what if, and this is a big what if, what if without the Infinity Formula Nick Fury is actually dying, and all of this is his way of letting all of the secrets out of the bag and making up for past sins, his ORIGINAL SIN?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That ending O_O

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By Spideysense44

I am lost for words..WOW the ending too me by surprise great read really like the Black Panther and Doctor Strange teams

Ijan092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ijan092

Is not Fury.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: I'm sure it's an lmd. I really like the art though.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Yea this issue was straight bullsh!t

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either

Bucky killed a fake Nick Fury

Or

A fake Bucky killed the real Nick Fury

Or

The "Mysterious Boss" is the Real Nick Fury.

Or I'm completely wrong and Bucky killed Nick just to get the eye