The Legend of Korra Season 2 Discussion and Predictions

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam

This is where people can discuss possibilities for the next season. With the season finale of the first (and hopefully not the only) season, what are your predictions and wants for the next season? I liked the finale, but I personally didn't like the really cheesy ending. Although I disagree with the end, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just wait and see what happens next. What do you think?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jnr6Lil

I honestly don't know. They have longjammed themselves. By having Korra know all 4 Elements, plus Energybending and ability to use the Avatar State, she's pretty much unstoppable.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@Jnr6Lil said:

I honestly don't know. They have longjammed themselves. By having Korra know all 4 Elements, plus Energybending and ability to use the Avatar State, she's pretty much unstoppable.

I agree. I kind of wished her bending really was taken away so we could have an entire season of Korra discovering her spiritual connection as the Avatar and regain her bending in that fashion. The last episodes felt more like a series finale than a season finale.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TheWitchingHour said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I agree. I kind of wished her bending really was taken away so we could have an entire season of Korra discovering her spiritual connection as the Avatar and regain her bending in that fashion. The last episodes felt more like a series finale than a season finale.

And have her travel the world and study the elements.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AweSam

@Jnr6Lil said:

That's what I was thinking. I thought it was some dumb way of ending the series. I hope they have something panned though. We shouldn't just assume.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vernierhawk001

I think the writers will surprise us pleasantly. They might have written this finale the way they did in case Korra flopped as a show (that way, it would still be relatively contained and not leave a whole slew of questions if it got cancelled).

I, too, hope Korra has to venture beyond Republic City as I would like to see what happened to the rest of that world post-Fire Nation domination.

As for the writers, as stated above, I trust their decision making. (hope I don't eat those words next season:)

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Blood1991

I dunno what is going to happen, but Korra is BA and season one was epic. I am really intrigued with what they plan on doing in season 2.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Phylos

Perhaps there is something more dangerous than Amon in the Avatarverse? Sokka did mention that some benders had unique abilities, maybe the show will explore more of that hopefully and use it for series ammo.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

The Lieutenant.

Asami's dad.

Remaining anti-bender sentiment from the massive group that was just cheering for bending being a thing of the past.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AtPhantom

@InnerVenom123 said:

The Lieutenant.

Asami's dad.

Remaining anti-bender sentiment from the massive group that was just cheering for bending being a thing of the past.

You really think they can be as effective villains as freaking Amon? I'm not so sure.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By _Zombie_

@AtPhantom said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

The Lieutenant.

Asami's dad.

You really think they can be as effective villains as freaking Amon? I'm not so sure.

They could easily come up with someone to replace him, though. I haven't watched it yet, but really.. I don't think it's too far out of the question for them to find a new villain to lead the movement.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Zombie_

Personally, I trust the writers' ability. I think they'll pull it off somehow.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom

@ZombieBigfoot said:

They could easily come up with someone to replace him, though. I haven't watched it yet, but really.. I don't think it's too far out of the question for them to find a new villain to lead the movement.

Sure they could (Though it would probably be a cop put if they did. With its supporters disenchanted the AB movement is pretty much dead by now). I was talking about the Lieutenant and Hiroshi specifically.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom

One thing I hope they won't, but I think they're likely to do, is a time skip. Book 1 was conceived and remained pretty much a self contained story. All the major plot points have been resolved, the main villain is defeated, the danger has passed etc. There's very little story left to be carried forward into the next season, so they'll have to start from scratch again. In that situation a time skip is a natural thing to do, allowing time to pass for people to rebuild before the next big threat emerges and the Avatar is needed once again. So the next time we see Korra she could very well be in her mid twenties and a proficient Avatar already.

Like I said I don't much care for time skips and I hope it won't happen, but it would come as no surprise to me if it did.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Zombie_

@AtPhantom: Oh I know. I'm just saying, Hiroshi and the Lieutenant would be the right hand men to this new villain, so to speak.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Phylos

@AtPhantom said:

One thing I hope they won't, but I think they're likely to do, is a time skip. Book 1 was conceived and remained pretty much a self contained story. All the major plot points have been resolved, the main villain is defeated, the danger has passed etc. There's very little story left to be carried forward into the next season, so they'll have to start from scratch again. In that situation a time skip is a natural thing to do, allowing time to pass for people to rebuild before the next big threat emerges and the Avatar is needed once again. So the next time we see Korra she could very well be in her mid twenties and a proficient Avatar already.

Like I said I don't much care for time skips and I hope it won't happen, but it would come as no surprise to me if it did.

Seems legit to me.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sissel

@AtPhantom said:

I agree. The best length of time skip for this show would be no less than a year.

I think it should start again in the pro-bending matches but in another place that isn't Republic City. Then they still have to deal with the legit complaints the non-benders have.

IamV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IamV

I really hope they give the show a larger scale in terms of setting and situations kinda like the previous series

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oraclefyre

I demand more Iroh.

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By spartan92

I hope we get to see amon again, maybe he could team up with what-ever new villain the series produces.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@AtPhantom said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

The Lieutenant.

Asami's dad.

It's not about finding a leader, it's about finding one that's formidable. Amon was like the only one who could take bending away. Without him the Equalists could easily be defeated.@Sissel said:

@AtPhantom said:

I agree. The best length of time skip for this show would be no less than a year.

I think it should start again in the pro-bending matches but in another place that isn't Republic City. Then they still have to deal with the legit complaints the non-benders have.

Wouldn't mind a timeskip but again I don't think the non-benders felt oppressed, they only got that feeling of oppression when Amon fought for them.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SandMan_
Aliens? I believe Amon is dead...

WAIT A SEC....Do you guys remember that Face Spirit from the first show?
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Zombie_

@SandMan_ said:

That creepy worm/beetle thing with a woman's face? What about it?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SandMan_
@ZombieBigfoot: It did say....I'll see you soon...
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Zombie_

@SandMan_: Oh yeah. Forgot about that. It'd be interesting, to say the least.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@SandMan_ said:

That creepy worm/beetle thing with a woman's face? What about it?

Koh, The Face Stealer

fizzyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fizzyo

Korra mastering all the elements, achieving the avatar state, and that thing that happened to Amon... They didn't leave a lot of loose ends this season. I imagine she will have to deal with Equalists all around the world and put them down one at a time.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@fizzyo said:

Korra mastering all the elements, achieving the avatar state, and that thing that happened to Amon... They didn't leave a lot of loose ends this season. I imagine she will have to deal with Equalists all around the world and put them down one at a time.

That won't be hard considering her immense power, and I'm thinking there is no Equalists around the world.

But that would be a sucky season 2, because Amon's dead leaving that out of the picture. Not to mention, Korra mastered like 3 of the four elements, and for all we know is a master at airbending but just couldn't airbend. And she seems to have mastered the Avatar State. Korra mastering the elements, and achieving the Avatar State the plot of Season 2. Yeah that would be dumb. The series would be too much Korra centered.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Phylos

Maybe season 2 of Korra will be the invasion of the Spirit World, entities possessing the body of benders and trying to kill the Avatar. Perhaps the spirits have had a secret hatred towards the past Avatars. Now that could/would be something VERY interesting.

Something along the lines of that.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Zombie_

@Jnr6Lil said:

@fizzyo said:

That won't be hard considering her immense power, and I'm thinking there is no Equalists around the world.

But that would be a sucky season 2, because Amon's dead leaving that out of the picture. Not to mention, Korra mastered like 3 of the four elements, and for all we know is a master at airbending but just couldn't airbend. And she seems to have mastered the Avatar State. Korra mastering the elements, and achieving the Avatar State the plot of Season 2. Yeah that would be dumb. The series would be too much Korra centered.

She seems to be close to Tenzin in terms of skill, from what she displayed against Amon. She does know energy-bending as well, too. It comes with the avatar state, sure, but that's still 5 bending forms she learned in one season.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@fizzyo said:

She seems to be close to Tenzin in terms of skill, from what she displayed against Amon. She does know energy-bending as well, too. It comes with the avatar state, sure, but that's still 5 bending forms she learned in one season.

Making her unstoppable

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AweSam

@Phylos said:

Maybe season 2 of Korra will be the invasion of the Spirit World, entities possessing the body of benders and trying to kill the Avatar. Perhaps the spirits have had a secret hatred towards the past Avatars. Now that could/would be something VERY interesting.

I actually think that spirits coming to the real world would be a pretty cool idea. Not so much a full on invasion. Like when Aang fought Hei Bai.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Zombie_

@AweSam said:

@Phylos said:

I actually think that spirits coming to the real world would be a pretty cool idea. Not so much a full on invasion. Like when Aang fought Hei Bai.

I agree. I think it'd make for an interesting arc.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@AweSam said:

@Phylos said:

I agree. I think it'd make for an interesting arc.

Thing is it wouldn't be that much compelling considering the Avatar has known spirits for 1000 years, I think they would've gotten along consdering the Avatar is the bridge between the spirit world and the real world.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AweSam

@Jnr6Lil: That's true, but not all of the spirits are very fond of the avatar.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mooty_Pass

I wouldnt say she is all that powerful I mean well yes she knows water,earth,fire,and air plus avatar state, I want her to learn how to bend lightning and blood bending and metal bending. THEN she we will be unstoppable. Although I doubt any of that she would want to learn.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@stormphoenix said:

I wouldnt say she is all that powerful I mean well yes she knows water,earth,fire,and air plus avatar state, I want her to learn how to bend lightning and blood bending and metal bending. THEN she we will be unstoppable. Although I doubt any of that she would want to learn.

Even without those things, Korra can't be beaten. No bender can stand up to her due to the AS and Energybending. No non-bender can stand up to her simply because she's the Avatar. Only Amon could and if she knew the Avatar State she wouldn't have been able to bloodbend her into submission.

@AweSam: True but only Koh

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@Jnr6Lil said:

@stormphoenix said:

Even without those things, Korra can't be beaten. No bender can stand up to her due to the AS and Energybending. No non-bender can stand up to her simply because she's the Avatar. Only Amon could and if she knew the Avatar State she wouldn't have been able to bloodbend her into submission.

@AweSam: True but only Koh

yea I know I just think she would be even more powerful if she knew the other bendings

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@AtPhantom said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

The Lieutenant.

Asami's dad.

No way, but i hope the story does delve into this and explain what happened because even though Amon was exposed as basically a fraud, there is still a lot of undirected negative sentiment toward benders. I think it would be remiss to just ignore the consequences of the equalist movement.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@fizzyo said:

What Korra displayed was not bending skill, but natural talent and power. I highly doubt she is capable of any remarkable airbending moves. All she showcased were basic punches and kicks. She just has an immense amount of power. 

Also, she had already passed her Water and Earthbending tests prior to the season and passed Firebending in the opening scene. Furthermore she did not master energybending or airbending. She can airbend, but she is far from a master, and she can only energybend in the Avatar State thus-far. Technically she did not master anything during the season.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By _Zombie_

@Lunacyde said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@fizzyo said:

What Korra displayed was not bending skill, but natural talent and power. I highly doubt she is capable of any remarkable airbending moves. All she showcased were basic punches and kicks. She just has an immense amount of power. Also, she had already passed her Water and Earthbending tests prior to the season and passed Firebending in the opening scene. Furthermore she did not master energybending or airbending. She can airbend, but she is far from a master, and she can only energybend in the Avatar State thus-far. Technically she did not master anything during the season.

Well, I will admit my first statement regarding skill is wrong, but I never said mastered on any of them. I said she learned it, meaning she knows how to use it in its basic form; which she displayed with the main four elements. I don't agree with Jnr6Lil, who seems to think that makes her unstoppable, but I was really just pointing out she's learned 5 elements. I'm willing to concede that she didn't 'learn' energybending because it still requires her Avatar State, but then I'll replace that with the fact that she seems to now have the ability to access the Avatar State at will. Personally, I don't think any of this is a problem. I trust the skill of the writers to pull off a second season. I was mostly just stating that in response to him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot: That's my mistake. I thought you said mastered for some reason. I agree with everything else you said. I would have loved to see Korra have to work through unblocking her chakras like Aang did though....
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By _Zombie_

@Lunacyde: Yeah, that's one of the things I felt was wrong with the finale. When she lost her bending, it was sad, but I figured it'd be an amazing chance for character development to have her slowly regain her bending. Felt a little disappointing to have her regain them all just like that.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ZombieBigfoot: I felt the same, though I did love the thing they did with Aang, where she thought it was Tenzin. Just wish Aang would have told her to go work on unlocking her chakras with someone. That would make more sense because even as spiritual as aang was he couldn't enter the Avatar state at will until he unlocked all his chakras. Why would she be any different? Especially since she struggled with spirituality. Then after completing ll that it would have felt more like she earned it.
_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By _Zombie_

@Lunacyde: That would of been a lot better. The finale was still overall awesome, but it felt at little like they were trying to tie up everything at once and stuff as much awesome stuff in all at one time, despite how it turned out.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@ZombieBigfoot: I think it was all basically planned out and being worked on before they even realized they would be doing another season. At the beginning it was just supposed to be a single miniseries.

Don't get me wrong I loved it. I' just nitpicky lol.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By _Zombie_

@Lunacyde: That's probably what happened, yeah. Dunno why they'd do it otherwise.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By _Sojourn_

With her power to restore bending, she is possibly able to kickstart bending in others wihout it. Sort of like Sage. With that possibility she is going to try and replenish the air ended population beyond Aangs family.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@AweSam said:

@Phylos said:

agreed

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lunacyde said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@fizzyo said:

What Korra displayed was not bending skill, but natural talent and power. I highly doubt she is capable of any remarkable airbending moves. All she showcased were basic punches and kicks. She just has an immense amount of power. Also, she had already passed her Water and Earthbending tests prior to the season and passed Firebending in the opening scene. Furthermore she did not master energybending or airbending. She can airbend, but she is far from a master, and she can only energybend in the Avatar State thus-far. Technically she did not master anything during the season.

Her eyes glowed but she didn't need to go into the Avatar State to energybend.