Dead Space 2 (future DS titles DS1/DS:Extraction spoilers prob)

• 93 results
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hellos

Moving the release date a little higher: January 25 2011. Get it.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another Update: Release date is set for 1/25/11 in the USA and another 3 days for Europe, so 1/28/11-

Damn Isaac when did you get so secksy?

------------------------------UPDATE ABOVE --------------------------------------

An Actual trailer, I think I've died and gone to heaven. Yes I'm thinking Isaac is actually talking during the ink all over the place. "Shit in my head" :P
Sorry I'm a day late on this, though in all honesty I atleast beat IGN to it. :P 

Looks like Nicole is going to be talking in Isaac's brain again. Since I made the thread this means I have to make another damn collection of videos and such. (DAMN YOU MY POWET AWSOME FOR DELETING 2 OF MY OTHER THREADS!) 

Marker 3A has had lingering effects on Isaac's mind, that and the fact the black marker is popping up in those eyes makes me wonder if the Marker is going to pop up on Sprawl for some unknown reason. C.E.C. probably is Unitology's puppet, so we don't really know Isaac can count on them, since they probably are the ones that locked him up in a hospital. Team Extraction although should have beaten him to Sprawl probably won't make an appearance for a atleast a little while, but I do expect atleast Lexine or Nate to show up to help Isaac out or atleast be mentioned. Though that might be because of the DS movie plot might involve them, I think it's a prequel to DS2 or 3. 

Sprawl: Basically the place DS2 Isaac wakes up to a Necromorph mess. It's a civilian space station, which seemingly is a city. It has skyscrapers, malls, gyms, schools and a lovely Church of Unitology where the Tripod waits to give you the bloodiest death possible.

Sprawl itself is built on what remains of one of Saturn's Moons, which apparently was the first Planet Crack in the DSU, I coined it.  

The actual city itself, Skyscrapers and suck :P
The actual city itself, Skyscrapers and suck :P

And for a size comparison a Planet Cracker.
And for a size comparison a Planet Cracker.

Btw I guess I have to add that mentioning of modernware type action, in otherwords, don't worry DS fans. Your'll still be the solo engineer going through a city of Necromorphs, this time around being the head honcho,and talking. The whole more action bit pretty much says to me that your'll be just be at times fighting packs of children Necromorphs, flying through the air with your gun raised firing or to catch the tram thats running all over the place with your boots. No destruction of the awsome that is survival horror. 

Online Play? It's fine, who doesn't want to kill their best buddies? I know I do.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hellos

3rd times the charm. So far I've spent over and hour trying to post something long but internet explorer does not agree with me by "has stopped working" .   

DS2 interviews, Game Informer once again saves the day:    

Q&A with Steve Papoutsis 

Collection Edtion Ideas: 

Yes at the very start of the video you see Isaac in DS2 using what appears to be decompression to launch a Necro out the window.  
Btw we know a Fullsized Plasma Cutter will be with the collectors Edition, fully functional ofcourse to dismember evil Necrmorphs comming to kill you. 

Game Informer DS2: 

Yes the music is there to ease your pain for waiting for DS2, it's okay to cry on my shoulder. Isaac did at the end of DS. COME ON LET IT OUT BIG GUY! 

ZOOMED IN!: 

Much more fitting music.

Did you get this in your mail?:   

Dead Space 2 goes Viral: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/37179/dead-space-2-goes-viral-did-you-get-letter     

One of many posts that must be done to save the universe from internet explorer hiding the truth from your EYES! 

Pod Casts from Game Informer crew:

"What is Peng? Peng is Peng."

"Poor Isaac" Tri Pod owned Isaac. "Most Bloodiests, Goriest" 

DS2: Logo?

Ofcourse Isaac showing off those jet boots: 

I don't know how the person got such good quality out of it. 

Pax East 2010:

Woot woot, a few people interview them there. 

Get Dismembered!:

Winner Dan Emmerson from the UK, enjoy seeing his corpse in DS2: 

Nunnununununun. 
Looks like with edit button I have successfully made this post without it crashing, awsomes! 

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/13/news-tor-announced-dead-space-martyr-novel.aspx

ttp://www.amazon.com/Dead-Space-B-K-Evenson/dp/0765325039/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272528475&sr=1-1

Dead Space: Martyr July 20th 2010  
Been trying to find the cover that I saw AGAIN, but I just don't know where it is. :P

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hellos
@Edamame said:
""Cut off their limbs." "

"Isaac..." "Where are you going?" "It's not over between us" "You can be with me forever" -Superhelmet go! Time to kill alien space zombies. 

You know I didn't notice there was a marker behind Isaac in that trailer, it might be a replica for the Church of Unitology, since it appears he is in a Church of Unitology too. Might explainhe outbreak. I'm guessing Earth is going to be next on the Necromorph list after this game.

But then again it migh be the legit Black Marker. DS one told us about howthe Unitologists are collecting their dead on massive ship apparently and both Isaac's parents might be involved. You definately know Isaac's dad going missing had to do with the Unitologists, his mom is high rnking member to boot. 

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Think they're going to include the cutting tool used in the movie? That would be ftw, but difficult to properly aim.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hellos
@k4tzm4n said:
"Think they're going to include the cutting tool used in the movie? That would be ftw, but difficult to properly aim. "

You mean the energy chainsaw or the energy chisel thing(They both have actual names I just can't remember them)? Those would probably be the first true melee weapons, though we don't know exactly what Isaac will be picking this time around since he is in a city. Those seem to come off as true mining weapons, maybe not chain saw, but the little chisel thing is. I could see that beinga fun alternate weapon for when your out of ammo much like a knife is, but I'm not too sure we will ever be seeing. But again we have another like 6-7 months of waiting, soon enough they will start making trailers for each weapon.

I would imagine building materials weapons would be the stuff he picks up this time around, twe have heard about 2 different new weapons, the Javelin with the alternate electric attack, and a more strategic weapon you use to essentialy plan for a certain Necromorph that runs away to get allies. Plasma Cutter is confirmed as well, but that might be the same one from the Ishimura. 

I can see how it would be fun though.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hellos

@Edamame said:

" @Hellos said:
" @Edamame said:
""Cut off their limbs." "
 "Isaac..." "Where are you going?" "It's not over between us" "You can be with me forever" -Superhelmet go! Time to kill alien space zombies. You know I didn't notice there was a marker behind Isaac in that trailer, it might be a replica for the Church of Unitology, since it appears he is in a Church of Unitology too. Might explainhe outbreak. I'm guessing Earth is going to be next on the Necromorph list after this game.  But then again it migh be the legit Black Marker. DS one told us about howthe Unitologists are collecting their dead on massive ship apparently and both Isaac's parents might be involved. You definately know Isaac's dad going missing had to do with the Unitologists, his mom is high rnking member to boot.   "
Earth would be an awesome destination for future games.  It would be cool to see the military take a stance.

@k4tzm4n said:
" Think they're going to include the cutting tool used in the movie? That would be ftw, but difficult to properly aim. "
You saw the animated film? I was LMAO the entire time because of the excessive amount of profanity. LMAO.  Not only that, but it was just so gory and bloody. LOL. I really can't think of any film that is gorier or bloodier or more graphic.  "

I'm expecting hit Earth. Unitology is running around with massive ships of dead bodies, which I assume they are going to turn into Necromorphs, that and they have people in high places pretty much everywhere. It shouldn't  be hard to bypass Earth's defenses or possibly find the Black Marker the government hid away hundreds of years ago. They have the resources, the connections and if they have the Marker Earth is in deep !@#$. 

Hopefully they don't jobber as bad as the Valor did. Either that Necromorph was SUPER lucky to find it's way to the bridge, or hell ran into enough dumb soldiers to wreck (Look's like the soldiers on the Valor for the most part didn't make it to the rifles and judging from the fact there was one in the escape pod and 3 outside they got jumped. But hey these guys have such crazy tech in the future I'll expect their mlitary to have kick ass weapons. Though the soldiers have not seen any real alien action though probably, seeing how much of a mess the Valor was when you got there, one was running for his life. 

Yeah K4tz saw the film, I was personally lawling how DS turns everyone's girlfriends into they guys that get their boyfriends killed. :P

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hellos
@Edamame said:

" @Hellos: They intend to make a live action film soon.  One of these days.  Who knows? Maybe they will use nuclear detonations on Earth to prevent the spread of Necromorphs.    "

I don't remember when the live action film fits into continuity though, might be a prequel to DS2 or 3 to set up the main events. I believe the Lexine supposed to pop up somewhere in there or in the two games.

By then they should have something with a lot more fire power than a nuke. :P 
They have the technology to tear apart planets, they could probably destroy the Earth. Problem is it doesn't seem they have found any Earth like worlds to populate themselves on, nuking or destroying large portions of Earth could really lead them to some trouble. 

Hell if Sprawl is any example of a Necromorph invasion, you have kids in school, police, and tons of people easily slaughted before they could do anything like escape.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hellos
@Edamame said:
" @Hellos: They would probably make their own version of the film, which would not actually give it the respect that is due.  "

I'm pretty sure EA wanted something that actually was canon to set up or fill in a story gap somewhere. I'm sure the film creators will come up with some unique things to slap in, but I'm pretty sure again it's going to be something more canon to the franchise.   
They already have a really impressive story line set up DSU, with a rich history to pull from, it would be kind of hard to !@#$ it up. :P 

Hell if it was a straight up Isaac on the Ishimura again, summed up in 2 hours, I'd see it still. At worse it might just cater to DS fans, at best it could appeal to everyone in the horror genre.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hellos
@Edamame said:
" @Hellos: Look what they did with the Resident Evil films. LMAO.  By the way, did you play the Dead Space: Extraction? "

I think when they diverted from the RE storyline big time in extinction it was a bit odd, atleast the new film has Wesker. :P

Yeah I enjoyed it on the Wii, probably was a skippable story despite setting up some events for Isaac to deal with and future events as well. Any fans that see the Extraction team at a later date will probably be filled in on the events through the story.  
Unless EA drops them out of the sky without explaining who they are or what Lexine's ability is and such, most players should manage without extraction. But still it was fun.

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hellos
@Edamame said:
" @Hellos: Wesker rocks. I like those red eyes.  Similar to Mr. Sinister.  "

Definately nice to see them dip into RE lore for an awsome villian. :P
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hellos

@Edamame

said:

" @Hellos: I keep forgetting what his powers are though.  "

Wesker's? Last game pretty much super human he came off as bullet timer and such.  
Movie Wesker I wouldn't have a clue, but I guess hes going to challenge Alice I'm assuming pretty powerful, maybe some TK thrown in there and whatnot. 

Update: Looks like someone decided to translate that teaser. :P 

Damn you IGN why didn't I think of that! 

http://deadspace.ea.com/en_US/home 

Heres our DS2 site.  

http://deadspace.ea.com/en_US/home#flash/group=&mediaid=audiologswf-20100428064708762

Audio log seems to reveal that Isaac was found broadcasting a distress signal. Though it doesn't seem to be the complete audio log or atleast the first part of one to tease us. 

http://deadspace.ea.com/en_US/home#flash/mediaid=beat1posterswf-20100426063325986

And it looks like the Ishimura has a new cover story to boot. In otherwords either the C.E.C., Government, Unitologists ended up covering up what happened to the Ishimura as a terrorist attack. How come I feel they are going to be pinning this on Isaac, that or just locking him up to keep him quite along with any other survivors. Anyways, thank you EA for filling my DS2 hunger. Kudos to you. 

Woot woot, fan raging here.

http://deadspace.ea.com/home#flash/mediaid=emailstrossswf-20100428112119289 I don't have a clue whats going on here. 

Guess we are getting a bit more info at E3 in june on Dead Space 2.  
(Reborn as One 6 14 june 14th EA this year will be chatting with us. :P)
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hellos

So if you followed the link your'll see a few things, Ishimura tribute with a link to  facebook  http://www.facebook.com/deadspace?v=app_4949752878    (where you can pay tribute to the people of the Aegis / Ishimura disaster, since I don't use facebook and really don't know anyone who does, I wouldn't have a clue exactly what paying your respects do so don't ask me.), two downloadable wall papers for your Iphone and computer, then one that tells you to sync your rig a back image of Isaac's new virtual rig he'll be having(Since I guess that last one was a bit tricky for him to see I guess. :P), and an Audio log "Did Isaac Survive" title, of a search mission of of two people picking up a distress call from what is implied the ship Isaac escaped on. (Could be a plot twist, don't know though).

Hello vioces in my head, Dementia & PTSD :-(

Both of those images before that though, including the occasional teaser images and the teaser trailer essentially implied Isaac wasn't exactly welcomed back home with open arms.  Instead it appears that gave him a nice padded white room, lots of free medical injections like implied in this photo and a lot of time to think, still hearing Nicole's voice(well Marker 3A). Generally people's times at an insane asylum aren't exactly fun times, especially if they are being drugged up into oblivion for a while. Though it might have been justified since the Red Marker(Or maybe the black one after the Red Marker went what we believe Boom) was still giving him delusions and such, given the attacking Necromorph Nicole at the end of the first title vision, the possibility hes broadcasting a distress call while scared out of his mind alone on that small ship, the little teaser with a Necromorph in a nice clean white(Thats pretty much impossible, if the process of being killed into a Necromorph didn't get blood on the shirt, certainly the organs comming out and being rearranged did) that the image of a necromorph was being projected on someone else, much like the beginning of Extraction where the first guy your playing has gone batso insane seeing everyone as a Necromorph shooting people hes known for quite a while. all, killing them all. (Well you kill them all too, since your playing him. :P)  

Then you have the ominious vioce of the Doctor including Isaac's own believed vioce probably reacting to the crazy that is in his head from the Marker. 

But I'm guessing since Ishimura disaster was covered up to be a terrorist attack(Since apparently in Dead Space humanity hasn't ran into any aliens I believe, so anyone messing with Humanity in space is humanity), with Isaac locked up in an insane asylum with doctors drugging the man, which I'm guessing the government or unitology/C.E.C.(We all know by now CEC has a lot of Unitologists up in the ranks incharge) places a big role in keeping him there, despite apparently Unitologist believing him to have been blessed. (Crazy voices in your head = blessed by the divine relic, though it's implied the Marker is just the tool to set you on the path) "Isaac... we're all going to burn for what we did to you..." So from that people really did some not so kind things to Isaac, if that is the doctor at the Asylum, some higher up in the government or a Unitologist's speaking I don't know, but it seems Isaac might be not in an all forgiving mood when he finally does go on a Necromorph killing crusade in sprawl with the new suit, he might be looking the other way as some people are killed or kill them himself.  

Which might be a bit of a leap of faith from what we know of Isaac, but then again, Kendra was going to leave him for dead on the Ishimura, he wasn't pleased with Mercer saying "I hope one of his beloved Necromorphs finds him before I do." which one could probably use to argue either way, and the fact the past three years don't seem to be very happy ones, some of spent alone in space suffering from delusions, the other good chunk likely being drugged and thought to be a madman in a padded room without anyone giving him a second throught. So he might be more inclined to say !@#$ you and bam bam the limbs off of people.

Personally hopefully none of this blame for the Ishimura incident was put on his shoulders, otherwise I'll happily play Isaac as he blows apart whoever is responsible for tarnishing his name. :P  

Looks like a Marker made someone go crazy crazy in this prequel. Well atleast I finnaly found that book cover. :P
Looks like a Marker made someone go crazy crazy in this prequel. Well atleast I finnaly found that book cover. :P

If anyone didn't notice watching the DS2 teaser http://deadspace.ea.com/home#video/mediaid=beat_1_video_trailer-20090430125436864     on the main site allows for you to sign up to get patient email. Like the crazy picture posted before.    

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hellos

Serious look, rawr haven't shaved in a few years and my face looks a little different than I remember it
Serious look, rawr haven't shaved in a few years and my face looks a little different than I remember it

@Edamame
said:

"Excellent.  :  ) "

My insane ramblings? 

There we go a bigger zoom in I hope. :P
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hellos

@Edamame:
Since it's on page two now. :P

@Hellos
said:

So if you followed the link your'll see a few things, Ishimura tribute with a link to  facebook  http://www.facebook.com/deadspace?v=app_4949752878    (where you can pay tribute to the people of the Aegis / Ishimura disaster, since I don't use facebook and really don't know anyone who does, I wouldn't have a clue exactly what paying your respects do so don't ask me.), two downloadable wall papers for your Iphone and computer, then one that tells you to sync your rig a back image of Isaac's new virtual rig he'll be having(Since I guess that last one was a bit tricky for him to see I guess. :P), and an Audio log "Did Isaac Survive" title, of a search mission of of two people picking up a distress call from what is implied the ship Isaac escaped on. (Could be a plot twist, don't know though).

Both of those images before that though, including the occasional teaser images and the teaser trailer essentially implied Isaac wasn't exactly welcomed back home with open arms.  Instead it appears that gave him a nice padded white room, lots of free medical injections like implied in this photo and a lot of time to think, still hearing Nicole's voice(well Marker 3A). Generally people's times at an insane asylum aren't exactly fun times, especially if they are being drugged up into oblivion for a while. Though it might have been justified since the Red Marker(Or maybe the black one after the Red Marker went what we believe Boom) was still giving him delusions and such, given the attacking Necromorph Nicole at the end of the first title vision, the possibility hes broadcasting a distress call while scared out of his mind alone on that small ship, the little teaser with a Necromorph in a nice clean white(Thats pretty much impossible, if the process of being killed into a Necromorph didn't get blood on the shirt, certainly the organs comming out and being rearranged did) that the image of a necromorph was being projected on someone else, much like the beginning of Extraction where the first guy your playing has gone batso insane seeing everyone as a Necromorph shooting people hes known for quite a while. all, killing them all. (Well you kill them all too, since your playing him. :P)  

Then you have the ominious vioce of the Doctor including Isaac's own believed vioce probably reacting to the crazy that is in his head from the Marker. 

But I'm guessing since Ishimura disaster was covered up to be a terrorist attack(Since apparently in Dead Space humanity hasn't ran into any aliens I believe, so anyone messing with Humanity in space is humanity), with Isaac locked up in an insane asylum with doctors drugging the man, which I'm guessing the government or unitology/C.E.C.(We all know by now CEC has a lot of Unitologists up in the ranks incharge) places a big role in keeping him there, despite apparently Unitologist believing him to have been blessed. (Crazy voices in your head = blessed by the divine relic, though it's implied the Marker is just the tool to set you on the path) "Isaac... we're all going to burn for what we did to you..." So from that people really did some not so kind things to Isaac, if that is the doctor at the Asylum, some higher up in the government or a Unitologist's speaking I don't know, but it seems Isaac might be not in an all forgiving mood when he finally does go on a Necromorph killing crusade in sprawl with the new suit, he might be looking the other way as some people are killed or kill them himself.  

Which might be a bit of a leap of faith from what we know of Isaac, but then again, Kendra was going to leave him for dead on the Ishimura, he wasn't pleased with Mercer saying "I hope one of his beloved Necromorphs finds him before I do." which one could probably use to argue either way, and the fact the past three years don't seem to be very happy ones, some of spent alone in space suffering from delusions, the other good chunk likely being drugged and thought to be a madman in a padded room without anyone giving him a second throught. So he might be more inclined to say !@#$ you and bam bam the limbs off of people.

Personally hopefully none of this blame for the Ishimura incident was put on his shoulders, otherwise I'll happily play Isaac as he blows apart whoever is responsible for tarnishing his name. :P

"

Well I hope some people read it I went into a bit of effort ot write it up. xD
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hellos

A very interesting interview: 

A bit of talk about how they a planning to improve stuff like kinesis and revealed quite a few new images of new Necromorph enemies while talking about them.

Good 3 minutes with reveals yay. :D 

Next video a bit of a break down of the teaser, with zoom ups and such.

I'ts interesting. 

What the hell is Pimptv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIHh6zrOcc :P   

Week later update: 5/13/2010 

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadspace2workingtitle/news.html?sid=6262295&tag=topslot;img;1&mode=previews     

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hellos

May not be a floaty hand in space, but this looks awsome anyways.

Anyways DS2 Prequel Skate 3: Apparently Isaac decided to skate board a bit on sprawl to calm down after the horrors of the Ishimura.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123

SO EXCITED

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hellos
@InnerVenom123 said:
"SO EXCITED "

E3 is going to be fun considering the whole message in unitology basically keeps pointing the date out in the teaser on page one. :P
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hellos
exodus0000000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By exodus0000000

Wow, you love you some Dead Space.  I've played and beat the the first game, and I will admit that it's great.  I just don't quite fully understand how a sequel is possible.  The marker's presence is spreading across the universe or some s***???

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hellos

Release Dates: 
USA: 1/25/11 
Europe: 1/28/11 

7 months to go. :P  
Looks like they made good on their promise to bring back Isaac's old suit, with a few upgrades ofcourse.  
Ofcourse I didn't cut out the new images of the new suit, a good chunk of you are going to wear regardless.

Yeah like that was going to work Mr Necromorph. :P
Yeah like that was going to work Mr Necromorph. :P

Isaac takes a trip to the Unitologist Church to say hello to some old friends. I'm really digging the javelin in this vid. Telekinesis and stasis looks a lot more useful too.
We get a good look at a more colorful red rugs(I'm assuming they where red before the Necros came. :P) a good look at the Sprawl and apparently someone doesn't like Isaac near the end of said demo.

It's a long wait folks, be strong!  Don't worry, your not the only one sick of waiting.

GO BE FREE!
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hellos

Reborn as One update is now live on the DS2 site.  
http://deadspace.ea.com/ (
So it looks like the site itself has another 4 updates to go, this one we get a new trailer, an interactive Comic(Turn the page with your mouse), information on the new Javelin(Someone telling us about the Javelin as we get a 3d model to look at), and a Wallpaper of Isaac meeting a new friend!

Looks like Isaac's dementia from the Marker is going to kill him, some chick is promising she will be able to save him, if he can get to her.  
Maybe a new love interest for poor old Isaac that isn't a rotting corpse? Yay! Or another chick is going to stab him in the back, either way more fun for us. :P 

I'll see if I can dig up that new footage from E3 boss sometime later and add it to in a edit. 
Extraction will also be apparently bundled up in a limited edition copy for the PS3 of DS2, I'm guessing from what was said usuable on the Move.(HD and full Move Support) Guess this means Extraction's story has a bit more importance on possibly DS2. 

EA versions: 
http://www.ea.com/videos/442f4c4a4ac39210VgnVCM1000001065140aRCRD        
Their part 2 is above me, can't seem to find the link for it on EA.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hellos
@Edamame said:

"I´ll have to read more about the Dead Space 2 plot and parameters. "

Plot: Isaac finds himself in city named Sprawl with a necromorph outbreak, after being found all crazy on the shuttle he used to escape the Ishimura apparently drifting in space for a bit and after being in the crazy house for a bit.  
The dementia from the Marker 3A is going to kill him, unless he reaches the mysterious woman who says she can cure him and save his life. 

A lot of things are going to be trying to kill him. :D
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Matezoide2

i just hope it doesnt lose the survival horror essence

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hellos
@Matezoide said:

"i just hope it doesnt lose the survival horror essence "

If anything it's going to get better, the graphics are looking much more next gen this time around.

The gameplay from E3 doesn't seem to change the general formula. We will be getting a tad bit more diversity in rooms however, more strategy when fighting and more tricky boss fights. :P 
Looks like stasis and kensis will be much more useful this time around, shooting off the necromorphs arm and then stabbing said necromorph with it to kill him in the demo above. Along with the new mining tools to jab Necromorphs into the wall or eletricute them.

It's not like Isaac will be doing anything but grunting and pain noises unless he's talking to someone. Seemingly still alone, while under attack by mobs of Necros, so I'm guessing we will feel right at home, with a lot of upgrades. 

@Edamame said:

"I might make more battle threads with what are the creatures called .. Necromorphs? Yeah. Against hmm.. "

I've tried that myself a few times. I think in general all of them failed, so you can probably do much better. :D     
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Hellos said:

" Reborn as One update is now live on the DS2 site.  
http://deadspace.ea.com/ (
So it looks like the site itself has another 4 updates to go, this one we get a new trailer, an interactive Comic(Turn the page with your mouse), information on the new Javelin(Someone telling us about the Javelin as we get a 3d model to look at), and a Wallpaper of Isaac meeting a new friend!

Looks like Isaac's dementia from the Marker is going to kill him, some chick is promising she will be able to save him, if he can get to her.  
Maybe a new love interest for poor old Isaac that isn't a rotting corpse? Yay! Or another chick is going to stab him in the back, either way more fun for us. :P 

I'll see if I can dig up that new footage from E3 boss sometime later and add it to in a edit. 
Extraction will also be apparently bundled up in a limited edition copy for the PS3 of DS2, I'm guessing from what was said usuable on the Move.(HD and full Move Support) Guess this means Extraction's story has a bit more importance on possibly DS2. 

EA versions: 
http://www.ea.com/videos/442f4c4a4ac39210VgnVCM1000001065140aRCRD        Their part 2 is above me, can't seem to find the link for it on EA. "
*watches the video*

HOLY CRAP!!!! They really uped the action! Now I'm even more excited!!!!
Cubethulhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Cubethulhu

I think they all ready messed up. In a the trailers I've seen it seems that Issac has lost the abbillity to curb-stomp, this will just not do. Also I cant see this game being as scary considering Issac now has combat armor actuall weapons and knowledge about the enemy. He's basically Ash from Army of Darkness onward. Basically once a main character has all ready exprienced the horror he/she becomes more adapt and better suited to fight it taking away from the terror. This is why most sequels change the main character. But all boring stuff aside the game look's fun just not scary but then again the first game wasn't scary either so ya.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Edamame said:
" @Hellos: Well, I do appreciate the effort you put in to this.  Thank you, Hellos.  "

Second.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hellos

@Edamame said:

"Not Earth though, right? "

No right now it's just Sprawl a city(Basically your pit stop before you go to work for the ICC) on whats left on one of Saturn's moons.(Atleast I think it was Saturn's, I'd have to read earlier posts in my thread!)

I was thinking the third title would have to do with that.  
Considering the Unitologists have hordes of dead bodies and ships carrying them around waiting to necromorph them, it's safe to say Earth is probably going to hear from them. 

@Cubethulhu

said:
"

I think they all ready messed up. In a the trailers I've seen it seems that Issac has lost the abbillity to curb-stomp, this will just not do. Also I cant see this game being as scary considering Issac now has combat armor actuall weapons and knowledge about the enemy. He's basically Ash from Army of Darkness onward. Basically once a main character has all ready exprienced the horror he/she becomes more adapt and better suited to fight it taking away from the terror. This is why most sequels change the main character. But all boring stuff aside the game look's fun just not scary but then again the first game wasn't scary either so ya.

"

He curbstomps an already dead Necromorph in one of the videos above I believe(If not I didn't link a video O_O). His curbstomp foot of pwnage is still there. :P  

@Edamame

said:
"They should make a multiplayer version for this. "

They are planning to make DS2 allow you to dismember your friends online, assumingly meaning we will see some online multiplayer, something a lot of fans have been frightened about.  
So far EA has been tight lipped about it, but there will be something alone those lines in DS2. 

@k4tzm4n said:
"@Edamame said:
" @Hellos: Well, I do appreciate the effort you put in to this.  Thank you, Hellos.  "
Second. "

EGO RISING!
EGO RISING!

It really isn't that much effort. More obsessive need to look up information and post it!  

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hellos

I was a bit late with this update. You can blame Transformers: WFC and Record of Agarest War for that. :P  

Dead Space: Ignition a DS2 prequel available on Xbox Live and PSN on some unknown date in Fall 2010!
http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&ndmConfigId=1012492&newsId=20100708005329&newsLang=en 

“The interactive comic-style game will give Dead Space fans a unique perspective on the events leading up to Dead Space 2, and will also introduce the storyline to a brand-new audience of gamers.”    

And the most lovely of all... 

"The game offers four unique endings and upon completion of each one, players will be rewarded with unlocks including an exclusive suit, all of which can be used by Isaac Clarke in Dead Space 2 when the game releases on Jan 25, 2011. " 

I wonder what pretty Rig is going to be offered for fans to enjoy? Although if I had to guess what the other unlocks included, maybe some DLCed power nodes and such? :P 
Thats pretty much it, unless I missed some other things.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Hellos

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1107245p1.html 
Someone at IGN got to play a little of Ignition and wrote a little bit about it with a few pictures.     

Holy smokes Batman, Isaac's comming to Comic-Con with a playable copy of DS2! 
And Martyr is 33% off at amazon. :P
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hellos

Updates:   
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108314p1.html 
Apparently Nicole despite being very dead can snap your neck. :P 

I apologize for the video quality, it isn't exactly HD, but it's so far the nicest one I've seen online. Isaac is playing around in his old level 3 suit judging from the helmet and then swapping it out for the new one.  
Looks like Issac is going to show off his leet engineering skills ripping panels open, some good old fashion control of said suit in anti gravity and the fighting looks a tad bit on the faster side aswell.  

Enjoy, the graphics looks absolutely amazing this time around. 

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

Part 3:  

THERE IS NO PART THREE BUWAHAHAHAHA!

Looks like we find out what exactly happened after the Demo, even if it's just a few seconds later. 
Steve is going to run through the DS2 Demo for you to enjoy. :P 

RUN STEVE RUN!!! 
He shows off the church a tad bit more than at E3. 

Inginition Demo too :P  

Have a nice afternoon folks.