Avatar image for legend_of_zelda
Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Legend of Zelda

Everyone always wanted to know Are zombies real? And could it actuelly happen? If you asked me i would say no they are not real! And if it can happen? Then i would say. yes it could but probably not for along time. but what if they are? And they eat us all!

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yes, and no.
i know of two documented cases, both differant in nature and origin. 
the case that was presented in the book Serpent And The Rainbow,
and the  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania incident.
also, many cases exist of persons behaving in the same manner the movie zombies do, all traits exhibited.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill explain the PA thing a little better. its mentioned in Return Of The Living Dead. now of course they changed details for the movie.
but basically, and its not really an uncommon deal, the nervous system can be forced to reacte by certain elements, electricity
of course as Ben Franklin found out, and chemicals is another. certain types of chemicals can cause the nervous system of the recently deceased to activate temporarily making them shake. the effect would look much like when a bug is killed and the leg is still flinching. 

as for the first, read the book is all i can say.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Obi-Wan Kenobi

oh i dont think so
Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Omega-Mekix

Zombies couldn't happen with their anatomy. Zombies' blood don't flow through the body so the brain gets no oxygen and doesn't work, and everyone knows that the only way to kill a zombie is by chopping off it's head. 

I can only think of one way that zombies could be remotely possible, a complex microorganism from another galaxy that kills it host, but able to use their dead bodies.  

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Obi-Wan Kenobi

on the moons of kapse there are
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
naw... Zombies aint real...
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vrakmul

No, anyone with any knowledge of biology would laugh at the possibility of zombies.  Personally  I'd be more worried about nuclear war or a Robot Uprising.   They are infinitely more likely because they are in fact possible. 

KillerCroc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KillerCroc09

Well with so many diseases and viruses that here is today. Something familiar to it could happen, but the chances are not likely. So no.
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vrakmul
@KillerCroc09 said:
" Well with so many diseases and viruses that here is today. Something familiar to it could happen, but the chances are not likely. So no. "
No disease would go for such an inefficient mode of spreading around.  Rather, airborne travel is far more efficient than relying on modifying behavior and hoping that the host can manage to bite someone and create an open wound.
KillerCroc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KillerCroc09

Oh you have a point there. Keep forgetting about that fact.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian

People have always wondered if Zombies are real? I know people have wondered about spirits and ghosts, but Zombies?

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Editman

People who, are in a highly insomniac state are called zombies, it's when they are sleep, but not totally sleep, so they function as if they were awake.

Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Omega-Mekix
@Dreadnaught said:
" @KillerCroc09 said:
" Well with so many diseases and viruses that here is today. Something familiar to it could happen, but the chances are not likely. So no. "
No disease would go for such an inefficient mode of spreading around.  Rather, airborne travel is far more efficient than relying on modifying behavior and hoping that the host can manage to bite someone and create an open wound. "
It may be possible of a disease like what I mentioned. Remember I said in another galaxy, we only understand the organisms in our planet, other places could have silicon-based organisms or diamond-based  bacteria. 

Before the first man went to the moon a novel became a best seller, Andromeda Strain. What would happen if our sterilization procedures were inadequate and a spacegerm was released on Earth. 5 scientist studied this bacteria discovering how much different it was from our well-known organisms. 

In other words, don't assume that their is no such bacteria out there, just because we have learn to survive most of Earth's deadly diseases.    
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By warlock360

I'm a zombie :>

Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Legend of Zelda

Its possible that dead people spreads the air born and thats why they stink it could be that the air is actuelly infected with well dead body germs. But in other words. dead people could carry the virus. and maybe you got cut by a dead person some how. But of course its unlikely that you will get cut. Anyways if you get cut by a dead person the germs can get in to you. and the body would. Re act like the body is dead and well that might be how.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By warlock360
@Legend of Zelda said:
"

and maybe you got cut by a dead person some how.

"
i loled
Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Legend of Zelda
@Voidheart said:
" @Legend of Zelda said:
"

and maybe you got cut by a dead person some how.

"
i loled "

??????
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By warlock360

laughed out loud

Legend of Zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Legend of Zelda

But of course its unlikely that you will get cut: I said its unlikely.  
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dreadnaught said:
" @KillerCroc09 said:
No disease would go for such an inefficient mode of spreading around.  Rather, airborne travel is far more efficient than relying on modifying behavior and hoping that the host can manage to bite someone and create an open wound. "
true. why would a disease think to go for such a route.....unless its the nonthinking variety of disease, but what would i know.
Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Drafta

Supposedly along time ago some people claimed dead by a hospital were working on a sugar plantation.  Witchdoctors were involved.  This is supposedly is where the term zombie came from.

I can barely remember the story, and it could be totally false, so I don't know.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vrakmul
@Omega-Mekix said:

" @Dreadnaught said:

" @KillerCroc09 said:
It may be possible of a disease like what I mentioned. Remember I said in another galaxy, we only understand the organisms in our planet, other places could have silicon-based organisms or diamond-based  bacteria. 

Before the first man went to the moon a novel became a best seller, Andromeda Strain. What would happen if our sterilization procedures were inadequate and a spacegerm was released on Earth. 5 scientist studied this bacteria discovering how much different it was from our well-known organisms.   In other words, don't assume that their is no such bacteria out there, just because we have learn to survive most of Earth's deadly diseases.     "
Scientifically it's impossible.  Science and trained professionals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>A dumb little kid such as you with his rampant speculation.
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Dreadnaught said:
" No, anyone with any knowledge of biology would laugh at the possibility of zombies.  Personally  I'd be more worried about nuclear war or a Robot Uprising.   They are infinitely more likely because they are in fact possible.  "
Or cloned dinosaurs taking over the world .
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

probability of actual like the movie flesh eating ghouls is so, so remote really. ive always kind of laughed at the
fact that even in the case that they could be, how physically disadvantaged a walking corpse would be to the point they would really represent almost no threat. most wouldnt be able to move, or barely, and even then not for very long. they likewise would have diminished to no sense whatsoever.(not like in the movie where a zombie can have no eyes and somehow still walk in a straight line at a target.lol)  most that could stumble around wouldbreak there own limbs just for attempting it.
and the ones in the ground? how are they even suppposed to break out of a coffin much less dig to the surface.
no, they would just lay down there in the dark thinking " This blows."

closest to remote possibility is the 28 Days Later types...who were technically alive though anyways.

Omega-Mekix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Omega-Mekix
@Dreadnaught: What's with the anger? A dumb little kids, I'm just a weird teenager with an open mind. Besides scientist have never disclaimed that bacteria from other galaxies could hold special properties that our planets microorganisms don't retain. My first statement on this thread said that this was "remotely possible" I never said that it will happen.  
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It's magic duh!

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrakmul
@Omega-Mekix said:
" @Dreadnaught: What's with the anger? A dumb little kids, I'm just a weird teenager with an open mind. Besides scientist have never disclaimed that bacteria from other galaxies could hold special properties that our planets microorganisms don't retain. My first statement on this thread said that this was "remotely possible" I never said that it will happen.   "
Our own microorganisms would rapidly outcompete any foreign organism simply because the earth's microorganisms are so much more well adapted to the earth.  The virus dies because other diseases force it into extinction.  I have an associates's degree in biology, don't mess with me. 
Avatar image for ravaginghamster
RavagingHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RavagingHamster

are zombies real? not yet. is it possible? well, depending on how religious you are, the bible mentions the dead rising on judgment day or something like that
Avatar image for fullmetalzombie
fullmetalzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fullmetalzombie

zombies are real the zombie virus is created  as a dieses that is similar to rabies that has developed throughout many generations in 3rd world countries.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Vortex13

Zombies are not real, there are some possibilities that could create something similar to zombies. For instance there is a type of parasite that only goes after certain types of snail, it will reside in the brain and it also has a sort of control over the snail. The snail will be forced to gorge itself on plant matter, the parasite will feed on the snail until it dies then it tries to find a new host. However the snail is immobile once it dies so it is not a zombie just a living drone. An interesting side note is the snail develops a very peculiar multi-color pattern.

However the suggestion that there is some kind of virus that will animate the dead is ridiculous.

@fullmetalzombie said:

"

zombies are real the zombie virus is created  as a dieses that is similar to rabies that has developed throughout many generations in 3rd world countries.

"

You're kidding right?
Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Sidney

Lol
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aronmorales

If anything, the only zombie type we could get would be the ones in the "28" series: not back-from-the-dead, but still pretty bad.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By danhimself

I wish I could find the article but I can't remember what site that I read it on....anyways...the CDC ran the numbers and if a zombie virus were to come about that spread the same way it does in the movies and what not then mankind would not survive the outbreak

fullmetalzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fullmetalzombie

the real zombie virus dose not reanime the dead it cause a sate of extreme aggression and violent behavior.   there kind of like the zombies in 28 days later they are not really undead.    

Sidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sidney
@fullmetalzombie said:
"   

the real zombie virus dose not reanime the dead it cause a sate of extreme aggression and violent behavior.   there kind of like the zombies in 28 days later they are not really undead.    

"

We still would be fucked.
chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By chaos-soul

if they did the only thing we would have to worry about would be freshly dead people seeing how their muscles arnt decayed yet. but the rotten zombies we will have nothing to worry about.

fullmetalzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fullmetalzombie

My tips for surviving a zombie attack are

-Travel with other people if possible -It’s always better when you have some one else watching your back.  

-Never make your self in to the leader- people will expect you to do all the dangerous work and that will probably get you killed sooner or later.

-Never let your guard down-Everyone is trying to survive you don’t know what they will do to survive so you have to be ready to do the same.

-Don’t get emotionally attached- you don’t know who will become infected and you may have not be able to put a friend down.

-food and clean water-

-Always have a fat guy- you need a person that you will be able to out run just incase the zombies are to close to you when the zombies stop for a snack you have time to get away.

-Don’t be the weakest in your group- If you are then you’re the fat guy.

-Weapons- always have some weapon that dos not need to be reloaded something with a blade.

- Don’t go to a mall- it takes time to block off all the doors and windows by the time you saucer all of them you need to search throughout the mall to make shore no zombies are hiding and a shit lode of people will probably head there for cover.    

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Rothschild

Zombies arent currently real, but I feel they may become real... Not the already dead but rather in the scientific sense. The way the govs of this world test serums, vaccines and medications that can repair or create new cells, I fear that if done wrong or wreckless that it could live to degenration of flesh and brain tissue but an acceleration of the lymbic, thalamus and medula regions of the brain...As well as possible parasitic effects on the brain.As a result these "UNDEAD" people will seek food the only place they can fathom, OTHER HUMANS