Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23291 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Zombie Apocalypse vs Vampire Apocalypse (21 votes)

Zombies 33%
Vampires 67%

Which premise you like better and why?

#1 Edited by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies: They're generally slow, and only a little stronger than the average human being. Not to mention that the problem in the event of a zombie invasion isn't the zombies: It's the survivors. An apocalypse like this will either bring people together or make them turn each other, and the latter is far more likely. Still, they're only human.

The main problem with zombies is that they'll wipe us out if given the chance, they have no governing intelligence and will just hunt and eat us until either we're extinct or they are.

Vampires? They're stronger, faster, tougher to kill, and just as smart as we are. They won't let us go extinct, they'll lock us up and breed us like cattle to perpetuate their existence. All the zombies can do is kill you, but the vampires? They'll make 'human' mean the same thing as 'hamburger'. Zombies we can wipe out, eventually. Vampires? Much harder, if not impossible, due to their intelligence allowing them to act in with strategy and experience.

So yeah, I'd take a zombie apocalypse over a vampire one any day.

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampires have a thousand weaknesses, I could kill like 5 on the way to work....Zombies I have to use blunt force to their head, which might require actual effort. I'll take the Vampires

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Vampires have a thousand weaknesses, I could kill like 5 on the way to work....Zombies I have to use blunt force to their head, which might require actual effort. I'll take the Vampires

Problem is the fast, modern vampires like in 30 days would kill us all.

#4 Posted by The Stegman (25168 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would vampires kill us all? We're their food.

#5 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

30 days of Night multiplied by one billion? Game over man game over.

#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would vampires kill us all? We're their food.

@jonsmith said:

Zombies: They're generally slow, and only a little stronger than the average human being. Not to mention that the problem in the event of a zombie invasion isn't the zombies: It's the survivors. An apocalypse like this will either bring people together or make them turn each other, and the latter is far more likely. Still, they're only human.

The main problem with zombies is that they'll wipe us out if given the chance, they have no governing intelligence and will just hunt and eat us until either we're extinct or they are.

Vampires? They're stronger, faster, tougher to kill, and just as smart as we are. They won't let us go extinct, they'll lock us up and breed us like cattle to perpetuate their existence. All the zombies can do is kill you, but the vampires? They'll make 'human' mean the same thing as 'hamburger'. Zombies we can wipe out, eventually. Vampires? Much harder, if not impossible, due to their intelligence allowing them to act in with strategy and experience.

So yeah, I'd take a zombie apocalypse over a vampire one any day.

#7 Posted by MonsterStomp (19499 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't last a day in a vampire apocalypse. Zombies are relatively dumb.

#8 Edited by BadVoodoo (381 posts) - - Show Bio

The Extinction Parade

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/01/14/max-brooks-original-zombie-story-from-world-war-z-author.html

in a verses the zombies wipe out the vampires through humans... Even though i would rather be in a zombie apocalypse, people are too scared of vampires imo. Their easy to kill since they are weak against fire. Just use UV lights, bring back flame throwers, cover yourself in garlic juice and create wood bullets and humans have just as much of a chance as vampires... Vampires have a shitload of weaknesses, their man strength would be the human fear factor, and not to mention the few loyalist humans could combat the vampires.

OR maybe someone like me would be infected to a vampire and infect every human for the sake of unity.

#9 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't last a day in a vampire apocalypse. Zombies are relatively dumb.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather have the vampire "apocalypse"...it would last like 8 hours and then the sun comes up and they're toast

#11 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23291 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd much rather have the vampire "apocalypse"...it would last like 8 hours and then the sun comes up and they're toast

I doubt the vampires would try a full-scale assault against mankind with the sun still up. I mean, as soon as dawn breaks, they would be forced to retreat back into darkess with a very large and angry human mob after them. I mean, if they covered the world in darkness like in the video game exemple above (that I am starting to doubt people have even watched it to see how that would work), a vampire apocalypse would have been several times worse than a zombie apocalypse.

#12 Posted by danhimself (22651 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

I doubt the vampires would try a full-scale assault against mankind with the sun still up. I mean, as soon as dawn breaks, they would be forced to retreat back into darkess with a very large and angry human mob after them. I mean, if they covered the world in darkness like in the video game exemple above (that I am starting to doubt people have even watched it to see how that would work), a vampire apocalypse would have been several times worse than a zombie apocalypse.

those things weren't vampires though...there were those two bondage queens up on the balcony then the rest I'm pretty sure were demons or something

#13 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (23291 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

@danhimself said:

those things weren't vampires though...there were those two bondage queens up on the balcony then the rest I'm pretty sure were demons or something

Well I wouldn't blame you for thinking that :P

I guess the title "Dawning of Vampiric Age" is full of sh*t...

#14 Posted by cattlebattle (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Problem is the fast, modern vampires like in 30 days would kill us all.

Vampires don't always have superhuman speed...thats just something they tack on here and there.

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything but zombies at this point. I'm just burnt out on them.

#16 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8589 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies are easier to kill for me. I'll take zombies. Unless I get silver bullets.

#17 Posted by New_World_Order (13326 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take vampires.

#18 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

God, I don't care what anyone says. Vampires would take us all down. They'd find places to hide. Not everyone would be prepped for their weaknesses.

Give me zombies. One good blunt smash to the head, they're down.

#19 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

Vampires are more powerful. They have obvious weaknesses like sunlight but they could just wait. At night I won't be able to sleep because then 100 vampires would chase me... ugh

#20 Posted by JonSmith (4005 posts) - - Show Bio

God, I don't care what anyone says. Vampires would take us all down. They'd find places to hide. Not everyone would be prepped for their weaknesses.

Depending on whether or not they're capable of moving over open water, movement speed thereof (i.e., flight capability) and whether or not they need to rest if they're on a decent supply of blood, they might not HAVE to hide: They could literally just follow the night around the globe. Sure, that'd make their trajectory pretty easy to track, but they're attacking from the skies, with maneuverability that's incredibly difficult to match or hit.

And just like zombies, every city that falls to them would just add to their number. Difference is: Vampires would know what to DO with those numbers.

#21 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@sideburnguru said:

Depending on whether or not they're capable of moving over open water, movement speed thereof (i.e., flight capability) and whether or not they need to rest if they're on a decent supply of blood, they might not HAVE to hide: They could literally just follow the night around the globe. Sure, that'd make their trajectory pretty easy to track, but they're attacking from the skies, with maneuverability that's incredibly difficult to match or hit.

And just like zombies, every city that falls to them would just add to their number. Difference is: Vampires would know what to DO with those numbers.

Exactly my point.

Unless you hope for some renegade vampires, and I seriously doubt that. At least I know, me and my friends in a group of five have a WAY better chance at surviving zombies in an urban area, more than vampires.

#22 Posted by Danvader64 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a zompire apocalypse(zombie + vampire).

#23 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say zombie...judging from my bias against how difficult vampires can be...see avatar XD

#24 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Zombies. You know a zombie when you see one. a vampire could be some cute chick at the local nightclub that really doesn't like you but wants to eat you.