Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

If you havent seen the movie dont read this, is spoiler alert.

Zod has no purpose on life anymore, he is in a fight to the death, because he cant live anymore, he cant kill Clark also, since he is the only thing that is a part of Krypton, he cant kill him, he does everything so Clark kill him, he cant kill himself because he has a mission, to protect and save Krypton, he cant kill Superman, so he need to push him to the point Superman only has one choice to make, end with Zod life, he have no other desinty or mission, he cant change and get a new life, he has no other option that dying at that point

The heat vision would move if he moves his eyes, still he moves neck so he point Superman what to do, he cant kill himself but he cant keep living, then he force Superman to kill him.

This is pretty normal, is called Suicide by Cop.

Suicide by cop is a suicide method in which a suicidal individual deliberately acts in a threatening way, provoking a lethal response from a law enforcement officer or other legitimately armed individual, such as being shot to death.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Okay. I can see your point.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

Well yeah, he made it pretty obvious that was the point.

He outright said he would never stop trying to kill the humans Clack sought to protect until he died. The heat vision was just to drive the point home and end it all.

Although I think a more experienced Superman could have found a way around killing Zod, but I guess that's part of the point in a way.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deranged Midget

Decoy hit the nail on the head and it's something that people seem to be constantly forgetting. This film isn't about an experience Superman. Heck, he isn't even Superman for the majority of it nor does the world know who he is. He is constantly trying to find out who and what he wants to be, hence the point of the film and the importance behind Zod's death. Clark's decision is what will inspire him to be better, to teach himself and those around him in hopes of avoiding another situation like that.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SandMan_

Why is it so hard for people to understand this?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Why is it so hard for people to understand this?

They belive in free will and everything that has a mind can decide what they will do.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this posted ? It was simply to vent on the concept of the ending with Zod or was it to actually explain to those who did not understand the ending ? I mean it seems to me that the majority at least on CV understood the point of the ending. So I guess the OP would probably be better off using this point on a Movie Critics site or something like that.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If the next movies doesn't show a change in the way Superman chooses to be a hero then I will probably never like this movie more than I do now. Which is just meh. It's good.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think it was a major part of Superman's character development. I'm more than sure it will affect him in the sequel to come.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: it isn't about the name superman its about the morals he was tought as an earthling (old American values). "Nobody has the right to kill. Not mxyzptlk, not you, not superman... Especially not superman!" -Superman

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@deranged_midget: it isn't about the name superman its about the morals he was tought as an earthling (old American values). "Nobody has the right to kill. Not mxyzptlk, not you, not superman... Especially not superman!" -Superman

Well then, what was his rational alternative in this scenario? With the phantom drive technology gone, how could Superman now protect the billions on Earth from a bloodlusted and heartbroken General Zod?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can dig it. It might have been a choice he made during the battle, when he decided he couldn't win (and that it wouldn't matter if he did) but I like it.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: there is no other way, superman did the right thing by Killing zod, sound good?

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of curiosity, what do you think brought Superman to this modern conclusion?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Well, duh.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Well, duh.

I don't believe I've seen you give an overall opinion of the film yet. Yay/nay?

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azura_thena: can you refrace the question?

I am sorry, I thought it was fairly clear. That quote you posted, it was Superman's own words. My question to you is what do you think Superman went through in his life that made him adopt that specific moral stance?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azura_thena: ok I get you now, um his old American judicial and spiritual belief, because let's be real, Christianity (or cath) where main beliefs of most Americans back then.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@k4tzm4n said:

@innervenom123 said:

Well, duh.

I don't believe I've seen you give an overall opinion of the film yet. Yay/nay?

Yay out the nay. Yay, yay, yay.

At the same time, I understand the problems and I'm not gonna argue with someone if they hated it.

It's easily the most polarizing superhero movie I've ever seen.

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Azura_Thena

@azura_thena: ok I get you now, um his old American judicial and spiritual belief, because let's be real, Christianity (or cath) where main beliefs of most Americans back then.

I see what you are saying and that may have some influence. But to me, that is not the actual reason. I believe, based on the reading of his series and seeing how it effected him, it was the time that he actually killed Zod and his subordinates in the comics that gave him that code on the subject of killing. So essentially, he didn't truly develop the 'no killing' rule until after he killed 3 people (excluding when he killed Doomsday).

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...did anyone notice Superman's scream of remorse after it happened? No, just me? Alright?

If this fight would have continued, Zod would have killed Superman.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sandman_:

I agree. Superman didn't have much choice at all, and he felt awful about it. If anything, that scene made Superman feel a bit more human and sympathetic. Even he isn't perfect.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SandMan_

@mk111 said:

@sandman_:

I agree. Superman didn't have much choice at all, and he felt awful about it. If anything, that scene made Superman feel a bit more human and sympathetic. Even he isn't perfect.

I believe that was the whole point. People seem to overlook it or not accept it.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azura_thena: ya, I guess you're right, my opinion was wrong. I forgot about superman #22

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azura_thena: ya, I guess you're right, my opinion was wrong. I forgot about superman #22

It's cool. I am happy to see that you are willing to accept new information and adjust your views. It seems like some here have a hard time seeing data that they don't like.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azura_thena: well that's another reason I'm on the vine is to learn

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

I liked the ending, it was brutal and Zod indeed left him no choice.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this posted ? It was simply to vent on the concept of the ending with Zod or was it to actually explain to those who did not understand the ending ? I mean it seems to me that the majority at least on CV understood the point of the ending. So I guess the OP would probably be better off using this point on a Movie Critics site or something like that.

People overlook Harvey Dent did the same thing, he let a coin decide if he should kill himself or dont, if he should kill Batman and Gordon or not.

No Caption Provided

And that Ras could had jump of the train and see if Batman would had save him, he decide to stay there and die.