Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Some of these directors styles really wouldn't mesh with superhero films and I can't really imagine one made by them. On the actual question, I'll answer when I've read about the ones I don't really know too well.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lateralus

If I could pick a director it would be either Darren Aronofsky or David Fincher. But since they aren't choices on your list, I would go with probably Eli Roth or Quentin Tarantino. The reason why is a process of elimination. Snyder blows, Lee is too controversial, Allen doesn't seem like the action movie type, Ava I have only seen Selma which is great....but don't know how she would handle an action movie, Anderson I gave up on after loads of crappy Resident Evil movies, and Cohen just doesn't put out enough movies.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lateralus: I like it mate. Well done. I wanted to make it as tough as possible. Putting up a list of easy picks would be boring. This is a lot more tough. :D

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WastelandMan

I'd say Quintin Tarantino just cause I like his style plus he loves and his work are influenced by comic book heroes.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lateralus: I'm not how sure how directors known for either gore or violence would be best choice for a Justice League film though.

Quentin Tarantino would be the better choice of either due to being a better director overall and his style would apply easier to a superhero flick. Plus, Batman or Green Lantern with Tarantino dialogue would be awesome.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Tarantino DC movie would be interesting, not sure if it should be JL though

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lateralus

@maccyd said:

@lateralus: I'm not how sure how directors known for either gore or violence would be best choice for a Justice League film though.

Quentin Tarantino would be the better choice of either due to being a better director overall and his style would apply easier to a superhero flick. Plus, Batman or Green Lantern with Tarantino dialogue would be awesome.

I wasn't given a lot of choices....as I said, if I could pick it would be Fincher or Aronofsky. I think Roth and Tarantino together would create a better JL than the 2 separately. Eli could handle the storyline and action while Tarantino would provide great dialogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather have Zack Snyder direct. Lol at Spike Lee and Woody Allen.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Snyder. He can excel at Justice League, just not Superman.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Jestersmiles

Snyder just need a good writer, he a great visual director , just horrible at writing.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

His last good film was Event Horizon (which I love dearly), but even that was panned by critics and absolutely bombed at the box office. This is also a man who is notorious for making horribly unfaithful adaptations. His only one that really succeeded was Mortal Kombat, and that was 20 years ago.

Why are you providing him as an option for the goddamn Justice League movie?

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'd rather that Snyder do a JL movie. Tarantino, Lee, and the other directors do make good movies and all, but I'm not sure about them doing CBMs.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder just need a good writer, he a great visual director , just horrible at writing.

He has Terrio now at least.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@maccyd said:
@jestersmiles said:

He has Terrio now at least.

yeah that a big plus.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RDClip

EEW none of them. From that list, Zack is the only guy who can do a PG-13 superhero action movie. Everyone else is either a really bad action/horror director or makes movies very much outside the vein of mainstream superhero movies.

You want a critically acclaimed director who can do action? Sam Mendes or John Woo (if he is willing to work in Hollywood again after they gave him crap to work with in the 90's)

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Snyder can handle it.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: The objective is to make this a tough choice. Sure I could give you a bunch of great directors that anyone would love to have on a CBM. Instead I gave you a tough choice, it's a mental exercise.