Yuuzhan Vong in the new Disney Star wars movies (Yea or Nay?)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Yuuzhan Vong in the new Disney Star wars movies (Yea or Nay?) (14 votes)

Yea 50%
Nay 64%

I was just wondering, seeing how Disney are making a new Star Wars movie and are planning on making more I was wondering. Do you think the Yuuzhan Vong should be villains in the new Disney Star Wars movies?

For those of you who don't know what the Yuuzhan Vong are they are a religious alien race and invaded the Star Wars galaxy and nearly destroyed all of the Star Wars galaxy and killed nearly 365 trillion sentient beings during there invasion.

To sum up what they are like in a nutshell think of something like the Borg from Star Trek mixed with both Tyranids & Dark Eldar from WH40K, that's pretty much what the Yuuzhan Vong are kind of like.

As you can see in the picture above you they kind of look like chaotic versions of the Klingons from Star Trek mixed with the Uruk-hai from the Lord of the Rings movies.

I personally think it would be pretty badass to have them in the new Disney Star Wars movies and to see what they would be like on the big screen.

Yes I know that the EU has pretty much been thrown out the window but I do believe that Disney should have a look at the Yuuzhan Vong and give them a chance to be the villains in one of there future Star Wars movies :)

What do you guys think?

• 
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jwwprod

Oh sanp! I accidentally posted this in the battle forms!

@bumpyboo@wildvine

Could you guys move this to the Off-Topic forms?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jwwprod said:

@bumpyboo@wildvine

You can just change it yourself by moving your mouse to the top right corner of your own thread (on the original OP post) and pressing "Full Edit". From there on there'll be a bar where you can choose the various boards/topics to place your thread in.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool, yes, without a doubt.

However the EU from Star Wars is one of the most inconsistent EUs when it comes to quality, unless done in a great way, it could be horrible.

I know I will earn a lot of hate for it, but I think Disney actually made the right thing when they decided to render the previous EU non-canon.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jwwprod

@mysticmedivh said:

@jwwprod said:

@bumpyboo@wildvine

You can just change it yourself by moving your mouse to the top right corner of your own thread (on the original OP post) and pressing "Full Edit". From there on there'll be a bar where you can choose the various boards/topics to place your thread in.

It sadly doesn't work on polls :(

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nay, I think they should stay away from the Vong, they would likely alter them significantly and I'm one of those people who considers the EU the real events of SW, the good and the bad, it's all part of the world to me. They're making new canon so I think it should be unique unto itself.

Hopefully they do a good job, I have faith.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I liked the NJO series, but apparently the villains of the new film series are some Sith-worshipping race?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: gotta love the new balls being thrown by disney now LOL

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jacthripper

@shootingnova: Maybe a link to the exiles?

Oops meant lost robe of the sith

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jwwprod

Bump.

Deathstroke02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deathstroke02

Yea if done right.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think so- because personally I think the Vong were introduced to negate the "overpowering" of the Jedi in the EU. It was at a point where the force & Jedi could solve any problem at the end of the story.

Introducing the Vong worked as they were "immune" to the force & thus were a threat that the Jedi would have to use different, non-force ways to stop. It also allowed non-force users a better chance to take centre stage. Which is all something that isn't needed with the new movies.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

I enjoyed the Vong and I'd love to see them adapted to the big screen, but I'm not sure it would work. The Vong are a giant new player that needs a lot of world building to understand, and the new characters in this movie will need To be established. Along with incorporating the old characters and giving everyone something to do, it would just be too much.

I think they need a well written but not too far out of the box story to establish the new characters in the universe. The Vong would be a great story to introduce at the end of the movie as a tease.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they used the Yuuzhan Vong I would go nut's. The space and ground battles would be absolutely titanic. They won't though because Disney is going to play it safe with a franchise as big as Star Wars you don't go big or go home. It will be a chill first movie with a hopefully decent plot, some action with small space battles. Lots of "character" building so the audience can get attached to the new faces of Star Wars, which I hope these actors/actresses are not

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

HYFR.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Anyone who killed Chewbacca has no right to be in an actual Star Wars movie.

Also Joss Whedon totally joked about them appearing after the sequel trilogy was announced, but I can't find a link to it