• 74 results
#1 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

So, for those of you who have youtube channels, what are your thoughts on this ridiculousness?

I swear, if you want to learn how to make the most simple thing complicated just give google a call lol. Hopefully they take the dislikes into consideration.

#2 Edited by TifaLockhart (15025 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to sign up and this, I can't log in anymore.

#3 Posted by PeppeyHare (4314 posts) - - Show Bio

It's literally the worst change to a website ever.

#4 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (19230 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't they just keep things as is. Why do they keep changing things?

And I wish they would stop trying to get me to change my username too. I am HAPPY with it :/

#5 Posted by BatmanFan11 (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do they even do this?

#6 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time for a new search engine to take Google's place and a new video site to take youtube's place.

They had their chance and blew it.

Censorship. They hate free speech.

#7 Posted by HumanRocket (10560 posts) - - Show Bio

My general rule with updates is that if its not broke don't fix it. Some of my devices and apps have new updates all the time but if my apps/devices are working fine I ignore the updates. If my apps are acting up then I update it. sucks for google.

#8 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (14847 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you know how to get into your comments?

I try, but Google explanation was to complicated and said nothing.

I mean every new change sucked harder and caused more and more problems, but now it looks they got nuts because no one used their shitty Google+.

@batmanfan11 said:

Funny that they take more time to take out a video of a real life rape, that take out time warner material videos.

#9 Posted by TifaLockhart (15025 posts) - - Show Bio

Disgusting. Shame on google.

#10 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time for a new search engine to take Google's place and a new video site to take youtube's place.

@batmanfan11 said:

I was thinking the same thing, thinking google is trying to take a page or two from the government or something? lol They may as well just ban comments all together....

This X a million...

#11 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6870 posts) - - Show Bio

And to think, their changes couldn't get worse.

#12 Posted by BatmanFan11 (550 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (14847 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this a shock?, youtube killed the rating system and did everything to hide comments and video reply.

Now you cant know if a video sucks before watching it or if its a commercial.

#14 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2772 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you know how to get into your comments?

I try, but Google explanation was to complicated and said nothing.

I mean every new change sucked harder and caused more and more problems, but now it looks they got nuts because no one used their shitty Google+.

@cezar_thescribe said:

@batmanfan11 said:

Funny that they take more time to take out a video of a real life rape, that take out time warner material videos.

They care about money and control. They don't care about us.

@cezar_thescribe said:

@batmanfan11 said:

I was thinking the same thing, thinking google is trying to take a page or two from the government or something? lol They may as well just ban comments all together....

I want a comment section. I also want them to stop acting like they care, when all they care about is control.

#15 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

@cezar_thescribe:

Is this a shock?, youtube killed the rating system and did everything to hide comments and video reply.

Now you cant know if a video sucks before watching it or if its a commercial.

lol that's true guys, now you have to watch it. They still have the like vs dislikes surprisingly for the vids(for now anyway) that will be next lol and the fact that you can't comment without updating to google+ is utterly retarded...I wouldn't mind as much if they still had the option to keep your old methods/options but they're forcing you to update. Lame. It seems google is just greedy and doesn't care about the uploaders/yt community.

Maybe google will get smart and listen to what majority want?

#16 Posted by Edamame (29216 posts) - - Show Bio

Those changes are so irksome.

#17 Posted by JwwProd (11590 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh YouTube.............. YouTube..... YouTube....... YouTube.................................................

#18 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

Those changes are so irksome.

lol I know right? Like what? Just to comment they make things complex, thankfully they were smart enough to have a feedback part which I gave quite a few times hopefully with millions of others lol saying how much I dislike it...give me my old youtube back!!

#19 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (25080 posts) - - Show Bio

Every year is the goddamn same thing... -___-

#20 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct:

I know it gets worse and worse, it's like they don't want people to reply to others lol so stupid.

#21 Posted by Edamame (29216 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: I also hate all of those advertisements. lol

#22 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (25080 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: I think that was exactly the reason why they did this change. People were complaining over being persecuted on Youtube, but I think this is Google trying to shove as much ads in your face as possible.

#23 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea how to reply to comments since their update

#24 Posted by Samimista (21703 posts) - - Show Bio

Every year is the goddamn same thing... -___-

Very much so! Especially with the layouts. Last night I was trying to read comments on a video but I got an annoying pop-up from Youtube about the new comment guidelines or something. 0.o I didn't really read to be honest but it's not fun! D=

#25 Posted by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea how to reply to comments since their update

Same here lol, apparently when I changed my "youtube settings but NOT my google settings" I was able to but ONLY on certain videos, I can't even reply to my own videos which is utterly dumb..lol the format blows at the moment.

@edamame said:

@vaeternus: I also hate all of those advertisements. lol

@vaeternus: I think that was exactly the reason why they did this change. People were complaining over being persecuted on Youtube, but I think this is Google trying to shove as much ads in your face as possible.

Oh lord, the ads that was just an annoying past thing now we have that AND This to deal with lol. Horrible answer to that issue, every site goes through that that's why we have moderators, if anything they would have more jobs for youtube but probably don't have the money given the crappy economy or are just lazy or both.

#26 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (25080 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Add the fact that when you are buffering a video, if you go foward or back, it restarts the whole thing again -____-

Now the comments are f**ed up too. Keep doing the good job, YT!!

#27 Posted by theDCkid (940 posts) - - Show Bio

"Change is only good when it makes things better"- Bonnie Macfarlane

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct: Is not being able to read youtube comments really a bad thing, you know you will always have 4chan for misspelled racism and homophobia.

#29 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (25080 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: lol some of the other comments were hilarious >___>

#31 Posted by King Saturn (218006 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Bullsh!t...

#32 Posted by CF12793 (3082 posts) - - Show Bio

I still can't stand the fact that they insist on using your real name if you have a Google + account - one of the greatest things about Youtube is the anonymous comments. I don't want my name and face to be seen when I'm going off on a rant about something in a Youtube comment.

#33 Posted by MonsterStomp (23528 posts) - - Show Bio

It is bullsh*t. They changed it not that long ago, and that was hard enough to adjust to. It's hard to not want to comment when you read the comments, so you kind of need an account, but if we can't remain anonymous, why should we join?

#34 Edited by 47Taskmaster47 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why I use Duckduckgo.com

#35 Edited by Vaeternus (9558 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by KingOfAsh (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

Youtube used to be easy and actually fun to use, when you could reply to comments and give people thumbs up and actually be able to check your Inbox without having to go to your email. No doubt in a few months they'll change it to something even worse. Screw you Google.

#37 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you like to use your real name?
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
Yes

#38 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29814 posts) - - Show Bio

why do you f**king care

it's youtube

#39 Posted by timelord (905 posts) - - Show Bio

When was the last time YouTube had an update that was good? it is still trying to recommend me videos I have already watched.

#40 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2311 posts) - - Show Bio

#41 Posted by JediXMan (32053 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been avoiding Google+ like the plague.

#42 Posted by Bruxae (14880 posts) - - Show Bio

Trust me, in another year or two it will be even worse. It always gets worse, always.

#43 Posted by ARMIV2 (9098 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to sign up and this, I can't log in anymore.

They gave you a choice?

#44 Posted by KingOfAsh (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedckid said:

"Change is only good when it makes things better"- Bonnie Macfarlane

Or when it's David Bowie. And Google+ is neither of those

#45 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (14847 posts) - - Show Bio

Google+ was a total failure and several user refuse to use their real names, the funny thing is that since those guys have no way to know who are you, it causede several Adolf Hitlers, Nicolas Cage and user using the same name.

It made more confusing the website.

#46 Posted by Xwraith (24566 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I never got a Google+ page now.

#47 Edited by Racob7 (7658 posts) - - Show Bio

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaA!!!!!!!!! *pant* RAAAAAAAA!!!!!

#48 Posted by 47Taskmaster47 (448 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by 47Taskmaster47 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

And now can't even comment without stupid Google+

I don't want Google+, I just want Youtube.

#50 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (13679 posts) - - Show Bio

Boy do they ever.