Your Worst Nightmare & Best Dream

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Qpzmg

It doesn't have to be an actual dream when you fall sleep.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By minigunman123

Lol @ the notion people will post their actual worst nightmares on here.

A person's actual worst nightmare would be very intimate in nature, such as the death of a loved one, that many won't wish to speak of. Most people don't speak of their truly worst fears very openly.

However, my best dream was probably where I was spider-man and I felt like I was actually swinging through the city on a web, it was the greatest feeling of my life.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Best dream:

EDIT. Oh, you wanted actual dream?

Then it's when I was fighting a demon through dark corridors... as a Jedi Knight.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

My worst nightmare was when I was dreaming about falling then I woke up, but couldn't move, or breathe for a second. 

My best dream was I was at a mall with Emma Watson, we visited a chocolate store and the owner gave us free chocolate, we then was attacked by some paparazzi and ran, I then cheered her up when she was sad because they kept expecting her to be the role she played instead of a normal person...it was a goooood dream. 

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@minigunman123 said:

A person's actual worst nightmare would be very intimate in nature, such as the death of a loved one, that many won't wish to speak of. Most people don't speak of their truly worst fears very openly.

However, my best dream was probably where I was spider-man and I felt like I was actually swinging through the city on a web, it was the greatest feeling of my life.

Very worst nightmare that person has had and can remember.

My worst nightmare was when I was dreaming about falling then I woke up, but couldn't move, or breathe for a second.

Good example and I have seen people share what they fear the most there was a thread made actually asking that very question.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By minigunman123

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@minigunman123 said:

Good example and I have seen people share what they fear the most there was a thread made actually asking that very question.

I think it depends on what you mean by "fear".

There are irrational fears, that can cause complete paralysis, such as a severe phobia to spiders, but I'm not talking about phobia, I'm talking about a fear of something happening, a fear of loss, or change, because you know what the result will be, and the result is what scares you, rather than an irrational phobia, where the possibility or impossibility paralyzes you from acting, out of fear for the possible outcome. A fear like I mean is a much more brooding, dark fear, and often people don't even know what their true fear is. For some, maybe it's the loss of a child, for others, the failure at what they consider their life's work; it's individual to each person, not categorized by a simple phobia.

That seems a much more deep, personal, important fear, to me.

Another way of thinking about it might be that phobias are a chemical response to something that you're irrationally (or, sometimes, rationally, such as the fear of falling great distances) afraid of, for some reason, even if you have assurances nothing bad will happen; the fear I refer to however, is a fear that takes place in the mind, a mental exercise, something you fear because you think about it's outcomes rather than simply reacting to it's stimulus, gripping the mind and "soul" if you will, rather than the body.

Does that make sense at all?

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Qpzmg

My actual dream when I was sleeping: Best dream- cant remember. Nightmare- I was falling down from 100 feet and I am afraid of height. Not actual dream or nightmar ( my wish and fear): Dream: become very rich. Nightmare: height.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Worst was about beautiful women who turned into demons as they were giving me dome (Lorena Bobbitt, anyone?)

Best was about beautiful women who stayed beautiful as they were giving me dome.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmoothJammin

Mine are always tragic, my love interest always dies like a James Bond movie.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@minigunman123 said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@minigunman123 said:

I think it depends on what you mean by "fear".

There are irrational fears, that can cause complete paralysis, such as a severe phobia to spiders, but I'm not talking about phobia, I'm talking about a fear of something happening, a fear of loss, or change, because you know what the result will be, and the result is what scares you, rather than an irrational phobia, where the possibility or impossibility paralyzes you from acting, out of fear for the possible outcome. A fear like I mean is a much more brooding, dark fear, and often people don't even know what their true fear is. For some, maybe it's the loss of a child, for others, the failure at what they consider their life's work; it's individual to each person, not categorized by a simple phobia.

That seems a much more deep, personal, important fear, to me.

Another way of thinking about it might be that phobias are a chemical response to something that you're irrationally (or, sometimes, rationally, such as the fear of falling great distances) afraid of, for some reason, even if you have assurances nothing bad will happen; the fear I refer to however, is a fear that takes place in the mind, a mental exercise, something you fear because you think about it's outcomes rather than simply reacting to it's stimulus, gripping the mind and "soul" if you will, rather than the body.

Does that make sense at all?

I can see where you are coming from but...

There are a large amount of various phobias that effect different people in a variety of ways.And many of those phobias are comprised of fearing what could happen and what the results might be (weather or not anything will happen is not important it is thinking that it will) It is irrational because the person may not be able to justify why they are actually scared of such.

I would say that a fear such as loosing loved ones applies to nearly everybody and everybody who has loved ones as for one reason it will happen to everyone of those people (it has happened to me personally twice) so the fear of such applies to everyone to a certain degree,perhaps just as failure does.

Many phobias and fears can be a result of a persons psychology or as a result of a form of trauma which can be as deep and dark and personal as the fear of losing a loved one.So its not just all in the mind an actual experience with such a situation can lead to a fear or phobia in the same way.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By PlasticBag

Worst nightmare-Visiting Niagara Falls while looking over the rail I fall or some dream about a serial killer hunting down my friends and I.

Best dream-Falling in love with some beautiful girl and being really happy

Worst part is when you wake up and the dream starts to fade away and you can't remember it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lykopis

@PlasticBag said:

Worst nightmare-Visiting Niagara Falls while looking over the rail I fall or some dream about a serial killer hunting down my friends and I.

Best dream-Falling in love with some beautiful girl and being really happy

Worst part is when you wake up and the dream starts to fade away and you can't remember it.

The part about Niagara Falls is something that can really happen. It happens often unfortunately and not because of suicide -- more because someone stands on the low cement/rock-faced wall and leans against the short black barred fence for a photo. They overestimate the height of that stupid fence and go toppling backwards (this is on the Canadian side of things) and its screams all around. If you only knew how many times I have grabbed at people (friends and strangers alike) -- you might not want to visit Niagara Falls at all. o-o

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

Worst nightmare - Selective amnesia. I don't want to remember. Nyahahaha!

Best dream - Too vulgar not to be used by mods for a permaban... Nyahahaha!

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By tg1982

Best dream: Not letting your insecurities deter you from your greatest ambition in life.

Worst nightmare: Failing at something because I was to insecure to ever even try.

Swagger462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Swagger462

The worst nightmares I've ever had have all been different but had the same antagonist in them. It's this skinny old woman. She is covered in scabs, wears a mud caked wedding dress, her hair is all matted and she has long fingernails. Anyway, she always gets me when she shows up and she often takes parts of my skin or my eyes with her nails. Also, at a point when I was less well than I am now she showed up in a hallucination of mine. Basically she is horrifying and I hate her. I named her the swamp c*nt.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By the_tree

Worst nightmare I've ever had:

I was in a car with my sister, brother, brother in law, and myself. I can't remember who was driving, but it wasn't me or my brother. Whoever was driving was speeding at over 100 miles per hour on the highway. We got into a huge, fiery wreck, in which the car flipped and tumbled several times. I crawled out into the grass looking like a torn up mess. I looked out onto the wreck and just saw it burning, everyone dead. I yelled out in terror, and then woke up with like an around 102 degree fever.

One of the best dreams I've ever had:

I met this girl I've never seen before, at my school. I met her in the library and we just completely hit it off and then got together. We talked, held each other's hands, and kissed. We later got married in the school parking lot. It was odd, but I can't remember a dream that's ever made me that happy.