#1 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio

  

  Curious, almost everyone here uses youtube videos or checks out that site for something... 
 
Once again they have updated (yet again) lol their site and it's kind of ehhh...if you ask me. 
 
A few things to get used to, no more star ratings but thumbs up or thumbs down...the info, links and sub buttons, info is all in a different spot above and below the video...the views remain same(thank god for that lol) 
 
But yeah, what do you guys think about it? 
 
Love it? Hate it? Think it's alright?  

#2 Posted by Tyler Starke (4326 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely hate it, same way I hate facebook changing it's format every two seconds.

#3 Posted by Matezoide2 (16065 posts) - - Show Bio

it SUCKS!

#4 Edited by MichaeltheFly (6650 posts) - - Show Bio

Does every site have to have a new format that stinks?

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (25871 posts) - - Show Bio

i usually just do the full screen thing so i dont see the info anyway

#6 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio

lol yeah I agree fellas....I'm trying to read more about a video and keep forgetting it's at the bottom...I don't like it either :(  
 
Just when you get used to something, sites update and change everything...myspace, facebook, this site, youtube etc all my favorite sites lol
 

#7 Posted by Tyler Starke (4326 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like comicvine's updates, but one thing i hate is the inbox on this site it lies to me constantly 

#8 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyler Starke said:
"I actually like comicvine's updates, but one thing i hate is the inbox on this site it lies to me constantly  "

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Online
#9 Posted by Kastiel (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really starting to hate site updates. They always end up making things worse.

#10 Posted by Tyler Starke (4326 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Tyler Starke said:
"I actually like comicvine's updates, but one thing i hate is the inbox on this site it lies to me constantly  "
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! "
glad im not the only one lol
#11 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyler Starke said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Tyler Starke said:
"I actually like comicvine's updates, but one thing i hate is the inbox on this site it lies to me constantly  "
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! "
glad im not the only one lol "

Mine keeps saying 1 no matter what I do.
Online
#12 Posted by Thedudefromoverthere_ (131 posts) - - Show Bio

it sucks I also I lost 200,000 subs somehow

#13 Posted by Overdose.. (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Like the previous one better

#14 Posted by Tyler Starke (4326 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Tyler Starke said:
" @JoeRiccadonna said:
" @Tyler Starke said:
"I actually like comicvine's updates, but one thing i hate is the inbox on this site it lies to me constantly  "
LMAO!!!!!!!!!! "
glad im not the only one lol "
Mine keeps saying 1 no matter what I do. "
My numbers jump around randomly, but if I delete an arbitrary number of messages it usually clears up until the next time
#15 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thedudefromoverthere_ said:
"it sucks I also I lost 200,000 subs somehow "

What? wow dude that sucks, hopefully it's a glitch... 
 
Now I'm going to check mine(crosses fingers lol) 
 
Oh as for CV's updates, same here guys...inbox says I have 1 inbox after I've read it and they got rid of the "forum threads made by users" which IMO is very bad....I kept track of all my threads and friends thru that option via the profiles...now it lists "every single post" made lol...so you have to go thru about thousands of pages...
#16 Posted by reaper2923 (2863 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure everyone will be used to it by the end of next week and won't care anymore

#17 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated it when it freezes up and I have to constantly restart it.....
#18 Posted by mimschkin (649 posts) - - Show Bio

I hadn't been on it since a few days ago so this is the first I've heard of it.
 
The 5-star rating was 'too complicated' WTF? Are people too stupid to count or something? Or are they too indecisive? Sometimes I neither like nor dislike something so I'd give it 2.5, but now I can't do that, guh.
 
The only other problems I have with this is the fact that everything in hidden unless you show it with the arrow, which makes everything move. What is wrong with people, I hate change.

#19 Posted by Primmaster64 (21662 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tyler Starke said:
" I absolutely hate it, same way I hate facebook changing it's format every two seconds. "

#20 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio
@mimschkin said:
"I hadn't been on it since a few days ago so this is the first I've heard of it.  The 5-star rating was 'too complicated' WTF? Are people too stupid to count or something? Or are they too indecisive? Sometimes I neither like nor dislike something so I'd give it 2.5, but now I can't do that, guh.  The only other problems I have with this is the fact that everything in hidden unless you show it with the arrow, which makes everything move. What is wrong with people, I hate change. "

Yep, I hear ya lol...the star thing made no sense to me either..I think they probably didn't want to be bothered with it and got lazy or something...saying "Thumbs up and Thumbs down is simplier" lol I know man, sometimes more often then not change is bad... 
 
I had just gotten used to their minor tweaks few months ago with their other updates...now it's totally different...
#21 Posted by Zaterra (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like it that much. 
Old way was better

#22 Posted by Subject 30 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it.
I saw nothing wrong with the previous setting.

#23 Posted by -Eclipse- (7650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kastiel said:
"I'm really starting to hate site updates. They always end up making things worse. "

This. 

Specifically on the Vine, as I actually preferred it the way it was. 
 
The most recent downgrade took away the ability to look at the forums we had created, which is something I actually used, and didn't even replace it with a system that allows us to filter out posts to only include threads we created, or something. On top of that, I can't log in on Safari, I can't post on Firefox and I'm forced to use IE, where there's a pop up every two seconds. Not to mention the side banner advertising the quiz squashing the posts up so that the large images can't be seen fully anymore. 
 
Why fix something that isn't broken? You're just going to end up breaking it.

#24 Posted by CortSether (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

It's absolutely terrible.

#25 Posted by Yakushi Kusuri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Updates suck :p

#26 Posted by King Saturn (218286 posts) - - Show Bio
not too fond of it...
#27 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

i can see why they need roll-over now, especially for smaller laptops and handheld devices.
i dont like it on the basis that theres some bug whereas the last three videos i tried watching overloaded my cache and shut down my pc.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (48267 posts) - - Show Bio

It sucks.

#29 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" It sucks. "
#30 Posted by King Saturn (218286 posts) - - Show Bio
well I thinks its Unanimous then... No One Likes It 
lmfao
#31 Posted by NightFang (10788 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Static Shock said:
" It sucks. "
              And not in a good way either.
#32 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear ya, it sucks...they make you click more and hide everything now....as for the star/rating system...just lazyness on yt's part IMO

#33 Posted by Cellywyn (5394 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" It sucks. "
This pretty much sums it up.
#34 Posted by Static Shock (48267 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL @ you guys.

#35 Posted by Agent Buttons (12460 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't like it.
#36 Posted by Cellywyn (5394 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" LOL @ you guys. "
What? *Lol.* We're lazy. :P
#37 Posted by gobstakid777 (1970 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it sucks serious balls. They don't even sort tags like they used to

#38 Posted by Static Shock (48267 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cellywyn said:
"What? *Lol.* We're lazy. :P "
Understandable. LOL
#39 Posted by spidey 15 (17884 posts) - - Show Bio

HATE IT!!!
 
#40 Posted by Thedudefromoverthere_ (131 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thedudefromoverthere_ said:
" it sucks I also I lost 200,000 subs somehow "
I got some of them back
#41 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

Complicated as hell. I can't tell which one is the commennt reply and the recent ones.

#42 Posted by Gene_Pool (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Most epic fail ever on YT's part. 
 
But apparently there's a petition going around for the "old" YT layout.... doubt it'll be a success.

#43 Posted by AngelFrost (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

It's terrible & confusing. I hate it.
 
Why do people have to change things when it's already good? - Comicvine did the same thing, so did social networking sites. and it only made them worse.

#44 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"It's terrible & confusing. I hate it.  Why do people have to change things when it's already good? - Comicvine did the same thing, so did social networking sites. and it only made them worse."

Awee, I agree little Angel lol :P yeah I hate it, just when people get used to things they got and screw it all up...argghh
#45 Posted by MKF30 (11751 posts) - - Show Bio

So anyone else here check out youtube of late?  
 
@Gene Pool, let's hope so dude...if there's a petition in general going around that tells ya something lol let's just hope YT listens and actually gives a S%$%