Your thoughts on this racist remark?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@twix_right_side: I didn't feel privileged in my hometown, many people were very bitter towards white people and took it out on me, I wasn't called by my name either, I was simply called "white boy". I was constantly in fear of getting beat up on my way home, which happened quite a bit. The people who hired people there were more often than not, black or Hispanic as well, so I wasn't very privileged then, so I wouldn't make general claims like that.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

@monsterstomp: there are many things white people can't say that can be said by black people.

No there isn't. If a black man says it and white man can say it also.

So I can say the n-word? ;)

Kidding of course. :)

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: yes, which is why I haven't said much lol.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

Wow...are so many people completely oblivious to racism? Or is it naivety?

It's so amazing....

It's also funny,many of the people that happen to be saying it.....

I think people just don't even realize it unfortunately. Sometimes you'll see a white guy go up to a black guy saying something like "wassup brotha" and try to give him a swag handshake or something.. even though that white guy never really acts like that. He doesn't realize he's kind of mocking the black guy and being a tad racist.

racism doesn't always have to be on the level of lynching.. sometimes it's subtle. Most people don't seem to realize that.

Well,that situation isn't exactly the best example. I understand what you're saying,because he thinks that he's being "relatable,but if he's his friend,then the situation would probably be completely different. I mean,it's happened to me before,but I wouldn't call him racist in the hateful sense,but more in the ignorant,insensitive sense.

And that second statement is SO true. Racism in society (with all types of people,not just whites,or blacks,etc) exists mostly subconsciously for many people.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@aquaman01 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@cable_extreme said:

@monsterstomp: there are many things white people can't say that can be said by black people.

Um,why not? No one is gonna mug you lol (yes,I'm joking)

@cable_extreme said:

@twix_right_side: I didn't feel privileged in my hometown, many people were very bitter towards white people and took it out on me, I wasn't called by my name either, I was simply called "white boy". I was constantly in fear of getting beat up on my way home, which happened quite a bit. The people who hired people there were more often than not, black or Hispanic as well, so I wasn't very privileged then, so I wouldn't make general claims like that.

I don't think you understood what I mean by privileged. Privileged in this sense doesn't mean that you live on cloud 9,it just means that in comparison to minorities,you have far more advantages,even if they aren't noticeable. What you describe is not uncommon for minorities,at all. For example,if I were to say that white heterosexual males live privileged lives in comparison to a homosexual man/woman,that doesn't mean that he has life easy or free of discrimination (which is probably what you assumed),it just means that in comparison,the homosexual man/woman may have it worse due to the way society is (which is also influenced greatly by history). And unfortunately many people with such bad experiences as yours may have certain thoughts based off of those experiences that may not be....good. For example,it's not uncommon for people that rarely have enough exposure to black people to,with a few bad experiences and first impressions,to think that they are all bad,or to associate people specifically with those bad experiences.

So it's not really a general claim,any more than saying that men have it easier than women in society (in the social/economic sense).

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@twix_right_side: men don't have it easier than women in society, I can go crazy with reasons why that is untrue. As for your main point, you can't say that right now, I am more privileged than black people for being white, I wasn't raised in a nice house, I didn't grow up with a father and my mother was never home, I was only able to go to college because of my full ride wrestling scholarship, not because of a rich family. None of my privileges are from being white, they are from hard work and persistence!

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By aquaman01
YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@cable_extreme said:

You can say whatever you want.. but i think being offensive is a matter of context and inflection

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By jeepeh
No Caption Provided

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: are you saying a white person can say the n-word without being called racist or having his teeth knocked out?

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@twix_right_side: men don't have it easier than women in society, I can go crazy with reasons why that is untrue. As for your main point, you can't say that right now, I am more privileged than black people for being white, I wasn't raised in a nice house, I didn't grow up with a father and my mother was never home, I was only able to go to college because of my full ride wrestling scholarship, not because of a rich family. None of my privileges are from being white, they are from hard work and persistence!

I don't think you understand what I mean.....you keep bringing up the points that life wasn't easy for you,that it wasn't a cakewalk.

I never claimed that it was,but basically what I meant was that some groups have it harder in society than others. And really? Tell me about how exploited men are in our society,and tell me why women have it so much easier than they do?

Basically,I don't think you understand what is meant by when I say "privilege",I think you take that as "rich and living in a mansion". Not really :)

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha Get 'em. He pulled this same antic with me. I think what he means is the poor have less of an advantage than the rich.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By YodaPrime

@cable_extreme said:

@yodaprime: are you saying a white person can say the n-word without being called racist or having his teeth knocked out?

yea... Louis CK has a few times that im aware of in his stand up and he's still doing pretty well.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

Actually,are you referring to "nigga" or "nigger"?

It depends on the context really. A LOT of white people say the former when talking to their friends (whether they be black/white/hispanic,etc),and it's accepted. It basically means "dude" in the context that it's used by people.

The latter,they might think is used in a hateful sense. He isn't going to be robbed or shot for saying it XD

...although it depends on the person that he's talking to. Personally,I won't be offended,and most won't be offended by the former,but the latter is mostly used in a hateful sense,so people might assume so.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By YodaPrime
Loading Video...

i think he has a point.

tho his story at the end is sketchy .. i think it kind of has a slavery undertone but whatever .. i get it. change it to "nigga" and that's pretty much exactly how a black guy would use it.

reiterating context is everything.. when in doubt, you probably shouldn't lol.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cable_extreme said:

Hahahaha Get 'em. He pulled this same antic with me. I think what he means is the poor have less of an advantage than the rich.

Seriously?

You do realize that most,if not all,of what he said was completely unrelated to what I said,so the point(s) were moot.

And yeah,I know,you think that racism isn't real or some bull,I get that.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@twix_right_side: what privilege did I have growing up that my other classmates didn't have? Maybe the privilege of not getting bullied/ beat up constantly by groups of kids?

As for men, have you ever heard of the "disposable male"? That is all men are in the eyes of society, disposable, we are buttered up since birth to not wince at pain, to be the "protector/provider". Women don't get payed less for the same job, it is most of the time for less experience. The prime reason (which doesn't include everybody) is the when women give birth, they tend to be the care givers to the babies (not saying that is right or wrong), which means that the man is still working. When you look at job experience, men and women get payed around the same when their job experience is around the same, the problem is, men tend to have more experience on thier respective jobs and tend to work full time instead of part time.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Seriously?

You do realize that most,if not all,of what he said was completely unrelated to what I said,so the point(s) were moot.

Dude what are you talking about? I'm black and I live in Florida. I KNOW racism exists! But I also know that society does not support racism. Society does not hate blacks or think blacks are not worthy of rights. Which is what you literally think.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Cable_Extreme
YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: what privilege did I have growing up that my other classmates didn't have? Maybe the privilege of not getting bullied/ beat up constantly by groups of kids?

As for men, have you ever heard of the "disposable male"? That is all men are in the eyes of society, disposable, we are buttered up since birth to not wince at pain, to be the "protector/provider". Women don't get payed less for the same job, it is most of the time for less experience. The prime reason (which doesn't include everybody) is the when women give birth, they tend to be the care givers to the babies (not saying that is right or wrong), which means that the man is still working. When you look at job experience, men and women get payed around the same when their job experience is around the same, the problem is, men tend to have more experience on thier respective jobs and tend to work full time instead of part time.

Loading Video...

idk if it's obvious now.. but i'm really big on comedy.. lol

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: @marvel_boy2241: this is a video I have been referencing a bit from.

I am on my ipad so I have to give the URL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@twix_right_side said:

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@cable_extreme said:

Seriously?

Dude what are you talking about? I'm black and I live in Florida. I KNOW racism exists! But I also know that society does not support racism. Society does not hate blacks or think blacks are not worthy of rights. Which is what you literally think.

That's what I literally think? uh huh.

Good for you. I'm black and I also live in Florida. And yes,society looks down on racism,good for them. But the fact of the matter is that it mostly exists subconsciously,and mostly depicts certain ideas of certain people. You know,the same way that society is totally for female rights,even though most women in forms of media or shows would usually wear next to nothing.

@cable_extreme said:

In a general sense. In society. You cannot use your classmates as a measuring stick for what happens in society. You don't think that,in general (on a wider scale) that that doesn't happen more to minority kids,or to homsexual kids? Because it does. It has,and it still does (again,not saying that it DOESN'T happen to white kids for the same reason,but in general,it's the other way around). You most likely aren't (not saying that it hasn't happened,so pay attention to my wording) going to be suspected of mugging someone,or robbing a store,or anything of the sort. You most likely aren't going to be suspected of being a criminal. People (not talking about all) don't just randomly cross the street when a group of black people approach just because they like the other pavement better....or maybe they do or something.

A lot of things disagree with you,my friend.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/labor/news/2012/04/16/11391/the-top-10-facts-about-the-wage-gap/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/upshot/the-pay-gap-is-because-of-gender-not-jobs.html?_r=0

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jillian-berman/yes-by-any-way-you-measur_b_4725356.html

And by the same token,men are seen as strong,as leaders,as people in authority. Women are seen as weak even though men are generally stronger),effeminate,and delicate. That's why many women that are,let's say,construction workers,or business owners,or electricians,or whatever are seen as "Butch's" and people say that they act "boyish". That entire method of thinking should be abandoned by society. It's not as one-sided as you think,but you are right about men being expected to hide their feelings and all of that. It's true.

But it also effects women,and possibly more so.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

It's not really a good point. He almost quite literally missed the point of,well,our entire conversation.

Unless you're talking about his "living in Florida..." point. But I am not sure if a lot of people doubt that racism exists. Any more so than the people that doubt that the Holocaust wasn't as big as it was.

@aquaman01 It was a joke,dude.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@twix_right_side: I would disagree with basically everything you said, you cannot say a black man that dresses the way I do would be suspected of criminal activity. It has a lot to do with the gang like clothing a lot of inner city minorities wear that creates suspicion. It is more of embracing an image rather than simply racism. There are many factors you and other people look over and omit.

As for women, men who dance, or join the cheer leading team are deemed girly, that is a double standard.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: it think he made a good point, you can keep saying that it isn't addressing your point, but it did with the information you provided.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: @marvel_boy2241: this is a video I have been referencing a bit from.

That video is fresh. I like that guy. He's so educated sounding. @twix_right_side Watch the vdeo lol. Tell me if you enjoy it? :D

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@cable_extreme said:

@twix_right_side: I would disagree with basically everything you said, you cannot say a black man that dresses the way I do would be suspected of criminal activity. It has a lot to do with the gang like clothing a lot of inner city minorities wear that creates suspicion. It is more of embracing an image rather than simply racism. There are many factors you and other people look over and omit.

As for women, men who dance, or join the cheer leading team are deemed girly, that is a double standard.

1. Yes,as I said. It goes both ways.

2. So they cannot wear any type of clothing they please because of people's ignorance and close-minded thinking?

And you do realize that it doesn't just effect those people. I NEVER wear those type of clothes (not really my style) and people still suspect me of stealing things,watching over my neck in the store (which has made me become paranoid and self-conscious a lot more than I need to be),etc. And it mostly happens to minorities. And yes,they are. You cannot make the claim that every one that is suspected of such things is because of their clothing. That's ridiculous. Clothing DOES play a role (but it shouldn't),but race does as well. You cannot ignore and omit that simple fact.

So are you telling me that racial profiling,police brutality,etc are all justified based off of "they look like thugs based on how they dress,thus they must actually be thugs"? I know that you most likely aren't saying that,but you must be saying that that is what people will think,and is how some people think. That is just an example of the exact behavior that I am talking about,though. It's like suspecting a person that likes certain music,like rap,to be "ghetto" (as some people like to call it)...even though I don't like rap.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By aquaman01

@twix_right_side: lol I know. I thought it was funny :) I meant that picture to be a cute thing. Realized that it was more of a sarcastic picture too late, sorry! :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@cable_extreme said:

That video is fresh. I like that guy. He's so educated sounding. @twix_right_side Watch the vdeo lol. Tell me if you enjoy it? :D

Um....okay?

EDIT: The title already makes me incredibly skeptical,and the fact that you want me to watch it has made me a bit cautious....

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: lol I know. I thought it was funny :) I meant that picture to be a cute thing. Realized that it was more of a sarcastic picture too late, sorry! :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No problem :)

I love dogs anyway

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

Good for you. I'm black and I also live in Florida. And yes,society looks down on racism,good for them. But the fact of the matter is that it mostly exists subconsciously,and mostly depicts certain ideas of certain people. You know,the same way that society is totally for female rights,even though most women in forms of media or shows would usually wear next to nothing.

Brace yourself. I'm on you.

Ooooh no you don't. You make claims about society as a whole. Don't change up what you said. Your original conclusion was that society truly is racist and that society actually shows this racism and that this racism can be observed. If that were true then we would see a lot more of it. Racists are looked down upon in our society. Nobody likes them.

You didn't say "Racism exists subconsciously" (And by the way wtf does that even mean. How can you tell what someone's subconscious is like? smh) You clearly said that this society is racist/sexist against women.

Oh and don't even get me started on the fact that you still have not acknowledged that lieyou told, claiming that I believe racism is nonexistent. You obviously didn't know wtf you were talking about. In one breath you claim that society looks down upon racism, yet in the next you claim that society still is racist. Oh wait subconsciously. lmfao gtfo

And then you go on about this woman thing. Who cares if women dress like sluts in the media? That's only certain media. Not all media. Do women not wear clothes on other channels? Are women being forced to do this stuff? NO! They aren't. They choose. And depending on where they are they will/wont get ridiculed. You don't even understand the concept of sexism, if you think that is sexist. Men wear next to nothing too sometimes, where does that leave your point now?

Oh lawdy.

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By aquaman01

@twix_right_side: Dogs are my favorite animals! I have 3 at my parent's house. Though, I do love all animals. I actually love the "ugly" dogs the most. Chihuahua's are some of the most beautiful dogs ever!

No Caption Provided

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@twix_right_side said:

Brace yourself. I'm on you.

Ooooh no you don't. You make claims about society as a whole. Don't change up what you said. Your original conclusion was that society truly is racist and that society actually shows this racism and that this racism can be observed. If that were true then we would see a lot more of it. Racists are looked down upon in our society. Nobody likes them.

Racism is looked down upon. True. And you do realize that,on a day-to-day basis people always dismiss racist things as people just "pulling the race card". And society,our society (and others) have beliefs that are rooted in racism. We don't just have a history deeply rooted in racism and segregation,all for it to vanish in a few years because of protests. I don't even know what half of this has to do with what I'm saying.....

You didn't say "Racism exists subconsciously" (And by the way wtf does that even mean. How can you tell what someone's subconscious is like? smh) You clearly said that this society is racist/sexist against women.

And that's true. Unless you have a different definition of racist/sexist. And really? Their subconscious judgement. The one that influences one's actions/feelings,but in which are not fully aware of. And are you referring to that other thread? The one where I explicitly told you that you were misunderstanding pretty much...everything I said (and you STILL didn't listen to me)? Don't even try that bull.

Um,perhaps based off of certain actions,behaviors,things they say,etc?? It depends on the person,though.

Oh and don't even get me started on the fact that you still have not acknowledged that lieyou told, claiming that I believe racism is nonexistent. You obviously didn't know wtf you were talking about. In one breath you claim that society looks down upon racism, yet in the next you claim that society still is racist. Oh wait subconsciously. lmfao gtfo

This is why I didn't want to talk to you. You not only mock me,but you completely take everything I say out of context. That was our communication problem in the other thread.

That was,wait for it,an exaggeration. Of course I cannot claim that you literally believe that racism is nonexistent,when I don't know you.

And yeah,I obviously don't.Which is why you,a person that doesn't know anything about me,or my views,can make such a claim.

Also,are you serious? Our current generation doesn't look at racism as pretty. But at the same time,there are still influences in our society because of the past. These subtle little tidbits still exist in a lot of people (if not,a lot of it exists in many people,like...direct hate).

How about this? Next time,before you completely misread my points,you ASK for clarification before you "lmfao". How about the fact that,pretty much everything I say here,and in the other thread,you completely took out of context?

And then you go on about this woman thing. Who cares if women dress like sluts in the media? That's only certain media. Not all media. Do women not wear clothes on other channels? Are women being forced to do this stuff? NO! They aren't. They choose. And depending on where they are they will/wont get ridiculed. You don't even understand the concept of sexism, if you think that is sexist. Men wear next to nothing too sometimes, where does that leave your point now?

Who cares? Perhaps a lot of girls that feel a bit uncomfortable having to see a female character on a show,or in a comic book,dress like a porn star (although that's mostly different now). Or the ones that try to cosplay those characters and are called "sluts". And again,what does most of this have to do with what I said? Tell me where the hell that came from?

I never said "all media". I don't see women wearing that on the news. And apparently you haven't seen a lot of music videos,or other outlets of entertainment. I don't understand the concept of sexism? I love how you failed to point out "a lie" in when I said "you don't believe racism exists",and at the same time,you've made 2 baseless claims that are both disingenuous about me. Don't even start. I don't have time for this same back-forth nonsense that you started on the other thread. Either send me a PM,or don't waste my damn time.....and I doubt if you'll even send a PM,for which reason I don't know.

Oh lawdy.

This is why I prefer to talk to pooty.....this is the reason why...

And sorry if I come off as mean,but honestly this is a bad time for me. It really is,and your convenient little bone-to-pick feud or whatever the hell this is, is not something that I am in the mood for right now.

And you can say that you're just "pointing out contradictions" in what I'm saying (even though,based off of your reply to me,your first comment about me in this thread to Cable_Extreme,and our previous conversation,that you have completely missed the point of things that I have said or you misunderstood them. It's clearly apparent because you bring up some points,like men wearing "next to nothing" in some cases,that in no way are relevant to what I said or what I was trying to express,.....And honestly,part of that may be my fault. Perhaps I need to better express my thoughts.Perhaps I also need to calm the hell down).

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: Dogs are my favorite animals! I have 3 at my parent's house. Though, I do love all animals. I actually love the "ugly" dogs the most. Chihuahua's are some of the most beautiful dogs ever!

No Caption Provided

I love Chihuahua's,too :D

And other animals,but I guess I have a weak(er) spot for dogs

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Racism still exist. But nearly EVERYONE is discriminated against for some reason. Blacks, gays, women, fat people, immigrants, rich people, poor people, atheist, gingers, nerds etc. So in the end it all comes down to you!! If you want to be successful, you will encounter some discrimination. If you let discrimination in any form stop you, you didn't deserve to be successful in the first place. Stop bitching and move past it

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: smh I'm on you.

Racism is looked down upon. True. And you do realize that,on a day-to-day basis people always dismiss racist things as people just "pulling the race card". And society,our society (and others) have beliefs that are rooted in racism. We don't just have a history deeply rooted in racism and segregation,all for it to vanish in a few years because of protests.

Because sometimes people really do pull out the race-card. Listen to yourself. Stay with me. According to your:" Our society looks down upon racism. But our society is deeply rooted in racism." Ok, genius, those two things are exclusive. You cannot be completely rooted in racism yet also despise racism.

I guess what you're trying to say is that our society has a racist past. Remnants of past racists can be observed even in modern times. That makes sense. But that doesn't mean our society is racist. It means that a few people in our society are stuck in the past but still do not represent us as a whole. It's so sad that I have to phrase your "arguments" in a more sensible way smh.

And that's true. Unless you have a different definition of racist/sexist. And really? Their subconscious judgement. The one that influences one's actions/feelings,but in which are not fully aware of. And are you referring to that other thread? The one where I explicitly told you that you were misunderstanding pretty much...everything I said? Um,perhaps based off of certain actions,behaviors,things they say,etc?? It depends on the person,though.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. This whole ;'subconscious" thing is a cop out because you do not want to admit the flaw in your argument. Rather than admit it, you want to change it. You clearly said society is racist. Thaat's it. Now you want to add into it as if to clarify.

This is why I didn't want to talk to you. You not only mock me,but you completely take everything I say out of context. That was our communication problem in the other thread.

Um have you not heard the way you talk to me? Your not the most respectful guy. What I said about you is valid. When you claim things with no backing, that make no sense, then you don't. know. wtf. you're. talking. about. and will mock your for that because on the off chance someone actually agreed with this bs, maybe they will change their minds.

That was,wait for it,an exaggeration. Of course I cannot claim that you literally believe that racism is nonexistent,when I don't know you.

Uh no it wasn't. You didn't exaggerate. You clearly said what you meant. You do this a lot. When someone calls you on your bs, you change your argument. You clearly thought that I didn't believe racism existed.

And yeah,I obviously don't.Which is why you,a person that doesn't know anything about me,or my views,can make such a claim.

Oh god why. I do know your views. I do know you think. Because you post these arguments and points for everyone to see. You clearly think that this society as a whole is racist. That is a view.

Also,are you serious? Our current generation doesn't look at racism as pretty. But at the same time,there are still influences in our society because of the past. These subtle little tidbits still exist in a lot of people (if not,a lot of it exists in many people,like...direct hate).

Yes I'm serious. And no. Society is not racist. And you admit that. All this is, is a cop out. I mean, at this point you aren't really making any arguments. Your just trying to fit in this little piece of bs, saying that society is just a little racist. It has small little showing of racism. or Society looks down upon racism yes but it is still somehow racist.

How about this? Next time,before you completely misread my points,you ASK for clarification before you "lmfao".

Your points are pretty obvious. They are not complex. You just constantly change them.

I never said "all media". I don't see women wearing that on the news. And apparently you haven't seen a lot of music videos,or other outlets of entertainment. I don't understand the concept of sexism? I love how you failed to point out a lie in when I said "you don't believe racism exists",and at the same time,you've made 2 baseless claims about me. Don't even start. I don't have time for this same back-forth nonsense that you started on the other thread. Either send me a PM,or don't waste my damn time.....and I doubt if you'll even send a PM,for which reason I don't know

First of all if women dressing like sluts is something exclusive to certain forms of media, within certain artists, on certain programs, HOW is that reflective on society? If it is that isolated, then how can you say that the majority of society views women this way.

And then you still don't even acknowledge the core flaw with your argument. smh Women aren't forced to do any of that stuff. They aren't expected by society, strictly by men. If they were, THEN you could consider this society sexist against women. Until then hold you tongue.

I wont send you a PM because I don't want to talk to you in private. i want everyone to see this bs. Just in case they have the same arguments as you.

pwned

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@twix_right_side: smh I'm on you.

Racism is looked down upon. True. And you do realize that,on a day-to-day basis people always dismiss racist things as people just "pulling the race card". And society,our society (and others) have beliefs that are rooted in racism. We don't just have a history deeply rooted in racism and segregation,all for it to vanish in a few years because of protests.

Because sometimes people really do pull out the race-card. Listen to yourself. Stay with me. According to your:" Our society looks down upon racism. But our society is deeply rooted in racism." Ok, genius, those two things are exclusive. You cannot be completely rooted in racism yet also despise racism.

I guess what you're trying to say is that our society has a racist past. Remnants of past racists can be observed even in modern times. That makes sense. But that doesn't mean our society is racist. It means that a few people in our society are stuck in the past but still do not represent us as a whole. It's so sad that I have to phrase your "arguments" in a more sensible way smh.

And that's true. Unless you have a different definition of racist/sexist. And really? Their subconscious judgement. The one that influences one's actions/feelings,but in which are not fully aware of. And are you referring to that other thread? The one where I explicitly told you that you were misunderstanding pretty much...everything I said? Um,perhaps based off of certain actions,behaviors,things they say,etc?? It depends on the person,though.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. This whole ;'subconscious" thing is a cop out because you do not want to admit the flaw in your argument. Rather than admit it, you want to change it. You clearly said society is racist. Thaat's it. Now you want to add into it as if to clarify.

Um have you not heard the way you talk to me? Your not the most respectful guy. What I said about you is valid. When you claim things with no backing, that make no sense, then you don't. know. wtf. you're. talking. about. and will mock your for that because on the off chance someone actually agreed with this bs, maybe they will change their minds.

Uh no it wasn't. You didn't exaggerate. You clearly said what you meant. You do this a lot. When someone calls you on your bs, you change your argument. You clearly thought that I didn't believe racism existed.

Oh god why. I do know your views. I do know you think. Because you post these arguments and points for everyone to see. You clearly think that this society as a whole is racist. That is a view.

Yes I'm serious. And no. Society is not racist. And you admit that. All this is, is a cop out. I mean, at this point you aren't really making any arguments. Your just trying to fit in this little piece of bs, saying that society is just a little racist. It has small little showing of racism. or Society looks down upon racism yes but it is still somehow racist.

How about this? Next time,before you completely misread my points,you ASK for clarification before you "lmfao".

Your points are pretty obvious. They are not complex. You just constantly change them.

I never said "all media". I don't see women wearing that on the news. And apparently you haven't seen a lot of music videos,or other outlets of entertainment. I don't understand the concept of sexism? I love how you failed to point out a lie in when I said "you don't believe racism exists",and at the same time,you've made 2 baseless claims about me. Don't even start. I don't have time for this same back-forth nonsense that you started on the other thread. Either send me a PM,or don't waste my damn time.....and I doubt if you'll even send a PM,for which reason I don't know

First of all if women dressing like sluts is something exclusive to certain forms of media, within certain artists, on certain programs, HOW is that reflective on society? If it is that isolated, then how can you say that the majority of society views women this way.

And then you still don't even acknowledge the core flaw with your argument. smh Women aren't forced to do any of that stuff. They aren't expected by society, strictly by men. If they were, THEN you could consider this society sexist against women. Until then hold you tongue.

I wont send you a PM because I don't want to talk to you in private. i want everyone to see this bs. Just in case they have the same arguments as you.

pwned

.....Yeah,this is exactly what I'm talking about. You did this same shit in the other thread (especially that childish "pwned" thing).Very little of what you said was relevant to my views (and A LOT of it was not only taken out of context,but completely false and missed the point of what I said...you then completely misrepresent my views),and most of it was assumption about me.....but how would I know? It's not like I WROTE IT with specific intentions in my own head.

So I'll just end it here. Of course,you might say that I'm "backing out" or something,and since you seem to know me better than I do,then whatever. After all,my whole argument here (at least,the subconscious part) is just a "cop out",even though it isn't and you fail to explain why....in fact,it's like you completely misread what I said,but okay.Think what you will. I hope people really see this. I REALLY hope they do.

Because instead of even taking the time to read anything that I've said,you've just taken the moment to jump right in and argue....but again,it's clear that you know me SO MUCH better than I do (me and my ridiculous nonsense),so who cares what I think? Agree to disagree,I guess.

EDIT: And by the way,I suggested a PM because,if you truly want to see my points (and likewise,I see yours),then a PM is the best way to do so,especially when things from our last conversation are brought up,and most people will have no idea what it's in reference to. Basically,if you truly want to exchange thoughts,a PM is better to do so (in my opinion). But it seems as if we are just arguing for the sake of it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: you make me happy, it is nice to see someone else who is talking with sense, I felt like I was psycho for a bit.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#342  Edited By dshipp17

@pooty said:

@dshipp17: You really cut out all of the good parts of my response, didn't you?

"good" is a matter of opinion. I commented on the parts I felt were discussion worthy

But, didn't you say that, if it weren't for the spots and entertainment industries, African Americans would be nowhere?

Nope. I said those are the popular ones. Instead of focusing on the blacks who have made it in business or politics or investments they focus their attention on the ones who made it in entertainment. Thus making young ones think "we don't need education. entertainment is our only way out"

Didn't you imply that the percentage of African Americans seeking to educate themselves was negligibly small,

Yep. because of the reason I just stated above

Where are all of these programs designed to help African Americans?

There are none. I said before that there shouldn't be programs made to help JUST blacks. But programs that help the poor can be used by blacks..... if they want to put in the time and effort.

areas where more government is clearly needed, like creating laws to help job applicants and creating OJT programs. I speak from experience when it comes to a program currently labeled as OJT; it's a joke.

Those things are needed. but NOT just for blacks. times are hard for everyone. blacks shouldn't get a "special hook up".

I agree to an extent, but the legislation would be more efficient if it dealt with discrimination based on race and looks in the application process; for a speech impediment, it can be improved for discrimination based upon perceived disability or national origin; for example, are there any any real points to insisting on an in person interview, except to discriminate based upon looks? I think discrimination based upon looks is becoming a form of discrimination that's overlapping with race discrimination, and starting to overtake it, due to the slow progress in eradicating race discrimination, but discrimination based upon looks probably predates race based discrimination, where it's blatant and nothing is being done about it. This bill would be very helpful for women, in say a reverse discrimination based upon looks type thing, but it's mostly geared towards protecting people from being discriminated against for things like being fat or considered ugly by some or most; but, for women, by implication, it could be used for perhaps the woman thinking that she was let go for looking to good.

The OJT component than could help people who've been looking for work for 99 weeks or longer and need to refine their skills to reenter the workforce; for anyone else, this OJT program should be in those rare occasions where someone may have been laid off because their position was abolished.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo what part of Florida you from. I live in Miami.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@guardiandevil83 said:

Sunrise (were you talking to me,or the other guy?)

@cable_extreme said:

@twix_right_side: watch it, it debunks the very claims you made.

In terms of what?

And besides,I am not sure if our conversation has really gotten anywhere anyway.....

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: well, only if you think that, watch the video and you will see how your statements were sprouted upon misinformation. Ignore it if your don't care.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: well, only if you think that, watch the video and you will see how your statements were sprouted upon misinformation. Ignore it if your don't care.

Nah,I won't ignore it. I'll watch it later today,okay?

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side: Ha Ha Ha *sigh* Notice how you say i took things out of context yet can't explain how. You quit because you can't actually beat me in an argument. Like I said our society is not racist. They are a minority. Next time leave your bs away from where I can see it. Good day sir.

@marvel_boy2241: you make me happy, it is nice to see someone else who is talking with sense, I felt like I was psycho for a bit.

Dude remember back when i had like one post? When I tried to debate you from my very first thread? Look how far I've come. We da best!

Saint Pete

@pooty said:

Racism still exist. But nearly EVERYONE is discriminated against for some reason. Blacks, gays, women, fat people, immigrants, rich people, poor people, atheist, gingers, nerds etc. So in the end it all comes down to you!! If you want to be successful, you will encounter some discrimination. If you let discrimination in any form stop you, you didn't deserve to be successful in the first place. Stop bitching and move past it

Tell that to twix_wrong_side. lol

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@marvel_boy2241 said:

@twix_right_side: Ha Ha Ha *sigh* Notice how you say i took things out of context yet can't explain how. You quit because you can't actually beat me in an argument. Like I said our society is not racist. They are a minority. Next time leave your bs away from where I can see it. Good day sir.

@cable_extreme said:

Dude remember back when i had like one post? When I tried to debate you from my very first thread? Look how far I've come. We da best!

@guardiandevil83 said:

Saint Pete

@pooty said:

Tell that to twix_wrong_side. lol

It's actually funny because I believe the same things,and me and pooty had a delightful conversation in a PM,but whatever. This truly does make me question if you have read anything that I said,or if you just consciously ignored them for the sake of argument,but whatever. You know me better than I do,clearly,so whatev's!

And I can't explain how? I actually did,but clearly you didn't pay attention.

Yup...that's why I "quit"...because "I cannot beat you in a debate". If that's what you tell yourself,then good for you. Because you know me so much better than I do. Our society is NOT racist. It's actually the EXACT opposite! You've definitely convinced me!

And LOL,that was so clever what you did with my name!

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@marvel_boy2241: yeah I do, and the infamous "I'm on you" struck fear in people's eye's.