#201 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....so apparently we might as WELL close this,since hardly anyone is exchanging anything other than insults. Man,this thread started out so good......

#202 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@pooty: man people love jumping on you, yet most of what you said I would have to agree with, besides using the slur "negros".

Which parts do you agree with (just curious)?

#203 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolololol. Can we get a mod to close this thread and sticky it then rename it the chucklehut?

It has already been sent to them.

#204 Posted by Beezlebub (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect. To my specifications? :3

#205 Posted by YodaPrime (857 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolololol. Can we get a mod to close this thread and sticky it then rename it the chucklehut?

^this

#206 Posted by myerlanski (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: its all good man. Views and opinion are just that. The vine is not really a place too change a way a person view things but I find it encouraging that we all can recognize our differences and want to figure out a way to make things better. So that we all can live righteously and happy at one point together.

#207 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow....so apparently we might as WELL close this,since hardly anyone is exchanging anything other than insults. Man,this thread started out so good......

^ I think I've should have given this second thought before posting the vid lol!

#208 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: its all good man. Views and opinion are just that. The vine is not really a place too change a way a person view things but I find it encouraging that we all can recognize our differences and want to figure out a way to make things better. So that we all can live righteously and happy at one point together.

I wish I could follow a person twice.

I guess that you're right.

#209 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfect. To my specifications? :3

It has been sent a while ago actually by someone else on here.

@farkam said:

@sc@god_spawn@saren

This community is too childish to handle race related discussions. Look at the "u stupid, no u stupidest" elementary lvl shite going down in this thread.

^ This person.

#210 Posted by buttersdaman000 (12553 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@buttersdaman000: How pathetic. Every stat you said I can't post,

And you prove my point....i'm just going to ignore the rest because it's not worth my time. You can't post a stat for laziness, and you can't post a stat to measure how far black people have come. So, you making those blanket statements about how lazy black people are, and how far blacks haven't come to support your argument was ignorant.

Done.

#211 Posted by myerlanski (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis: don't feel that way, this was a great thread. This type of situation is better handled with dealing with and discussing it. Views will be different, but that's no reason not to engage every once and while. That way we can figure what's working and what is not.

Well my fellow viners. I have love for you all and remember there is something that we all have in common, comics and our appreciation of this site. I hope to have more constructive conversation on some other threads and I know I will. So I am on to the next post....hope to catch you there.

#212 Edited by YodaPrime (857 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

yes black people were formerly put at an disadvantage. not nearly as much anymore. The only color the world really cares about is green aka money. black people can achieve whatever they want. If they want to. "The Man is holding me down" argument is void. If a person doesn't achieve their goals, it is their fault alone!! I truly believe that.

HOLY Sh^t how did this get past me...

That's some privileged fox news type comment right there.

K.. yes a black person in the suburbs has a fair shake for the most part (not counting prejudice and social scrutiny/peer pressure and picking up the slack for family left in the hood)

But in low income areas aka "the hood" where they were forced and remain concentrated, the odds are so against you. not impossible but improbable.

racism, violence, drugs, lack of network, , poor family situations, location, schooling, income, poor housing conditions, crime, prejudice.... I'm not big on conspiracies and saying "the man" is keeping them there.. but "The Man" did do his part putting them there. Making it through all that is worthy of praise. White people are doing better because frankly they had a massive head start, and are dealt a better hand in life.

#213 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10553 posts) - - Show Bio
#214 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: reread what I typed, I said most of the points he made.

which ones,dude? Of course not all of them,but just name a few.....if you choose,of course. I'm not putting a gun up to your head. XD

#215 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10553 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: basically how we have made a lot of minorities lazy, when looking at their choices, they can work at a fast food joint for 7-8$ an hour, or get payed the same doing nothing. Now, I was in this category as a white guy, growing up in a very poor part of Houston called Sharpstown, I didn't get the same benefits since I was white, which forced me to work, and now I am out of that slump.

#216 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

yes black people were formerly put at an disadvantage. not nearly as much anymore. The only color the world really cares about is green aka money. black people can achieve whatever they want. If they want to. "The Man is holding me down" argument is void. If a person doesn't achieve their goals, it is their fault alone!! I truly believe that.

K.. yes a black person in the suburbs has a fair shake for the most part (not counting prejudice and social scrutiny/peer pressure and picking up the slack for family left in the hood)

But in low income areas aka "the hood" where they were forced and remain concentrated, the odds are so against you. not impossible but improbable.

racism, violence, drugs, lack of network, poverty, poor family situations, location, schooling, income, poor housing conditions, crime, prejudice.... I'm not big on conspiracies and saying "the man" is keeping them there.. but "The Man" did do his part putting them there. Making it through all that is worthy of praise. White people are doing better because frankly they had a massive head start, and are dealt a better hand in life.

Well,this covers a lot that I agree with.

Bravo ^__^

#217 Posted by SilverPool (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

The moment he said that they should go back to picking cotton I lost it.

#218 Posted by ComicStooge (16660 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo @comicstooge, do you want to send me to go pick cotton?

I won't, if you teach me to dance and work out.

#219 Posted by Wolverine08 (47920 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

I'll have you looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger 2.0 in no time son!

#220 Posted by joshmightbe (25874 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who finds it highly Ironic that a white American guy is upset because the US government wants him to stay off land that he assumed was his? I mean white people are aware how they got that land in the first place right?

#221 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@twix_right_side: basically how we have made a lot of minorities lazy, when looking at their choices, they can work at a fast food joint for 78$ an hour, or get payed the same doing nothing. Now, I was in this category as a white guy, growing up in a very poor part of Houston called Sharpstown, I didn't get the same benefits since I was white, which forced me to work, and now I am out of that slump.

How have they been made lazy? In what sense,though? And given that the privilege that white people have in society,especially compared to minorities,that is really unfair to say. Basically,this is one of those scenarios where being *insert minority group,or something along those lines* makes a difference. A straight person cannot complain that he goes through the same thing that gay people do,a white man cannot compare his status to that of a black woman (or maybe just a woman) because,as said,they are not the same. They do not have the same advantages and privileges. So to almost make it seem as if black people have had so much opportunity,and that it's being squandered,completely ignores,well,everything.

And working at a fast-food joint is not nearly enough to get out of poverty,support your family,etc. A lot of minorities resort to selling drugs for a reason,dude. And in many cases,they aren't hired ultimately because they are....um,minorities. That's probably getting repetitive,but racism has been something faced by the race so much that being cautious/paranoid is a must almost. It's basically at every corner that dooms them socially,economically,etc. But by the way,I hope you aren't mainly associating minorities with doing the things that you describe....that's called a stereotype,which results from ignorance,which mostly results from a lack of exposure,or not enough.

And not only that,but you don't exactly suffer the same social strife because of the fact that you are white. Some people may be hesitant to hire a person because of the fact that they ARE minorities (and in some states,it's a bit of the other way around). But,put simply,being a poor white guy isn't synonymous in this world as being a poor black guy. Chances are,that the black guy will face far more trials,and it's next to impossible in the ghettos to rise out of poverty or advance financially. Put simply,the two do NOT have the same footing,and if it were that easy,many black people wouldn't be where they are at. It's not that easy. I can especially say that from personal experience,the experience of others,etc.

By the way,I am TOTALLY not trying to undermine your personal experiences and struggles.

#222 Posted by TifaLockhart (15205 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, this escalated quickly.

#223 Posted by ComicStooge (16660 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Is your favourite method of working out using a needle? ;)

#224 Posted by Wolverine08 (47920 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Hey, hey, some people don't have the time to get sweaty in a gym for hours! Why do that when you can get muscles in a needle???????

#225 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Hey, hey, some people don't have the time to get sweaty in a gym for hours! Why do that when you can get muscles in a needle???????

Because needles are scary 0__0

#226 Posted by Wolverine08 (47920 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

#227 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

You know it's true!!

I mean,dat needle,tho

#228 Edited by ComicStooge (16660 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

#229 Posted by marvel_boy2241 (2548 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf is all this hostility? What is this, a marvel_boy thread? trolol

#230 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@twix_right_side said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Dat closet,tho

#231 Posted by CuddleBear (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

I am just glad we are holding this 80 year old farmer, paula dean and don imus accountability... your welcome black community

#232 Posted by Wolverine08 (47920 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@twix_right_side said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

#233 Posted by pooty (12998 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: African Americans have a very legitimate reason to feel that everyone is against them, because it’s more than a false perception;You're all confused or insensitive to the struggles of African Americans; we have a much greater hurdle to overcome than Caucasians and Asians, due to the institutionalized biases against us

I will never agree with these statements. To many blacks have made it, to make me think others can't follow their example. To many programs are in place to assist them. No more excuses.

@twix_right_side: So...what do "current blacks" call racism? I wanna know.

I have no idea because I don't see it very much. I have no idea why blacks are still screaming racism. From time to time racism creeps up like with the video in this thread. but this current generation has to deal with the fading echos of racism. Since I can't see it, could you tell me how prevalent racism is?

Just because there's change,does that mean that things still aren't bad?

IMO, things are not that bad...... at all. It's been so much change for the positve that I feel blacks are just like white people meaning: if they don't succeed it is THEIR FAULT. I hold blacks to the same standards i hold whites. If a white man can do it then a black man can also. no more excuses for anyone

@pooty: man people love jumping on you, yet most of what you said I would have to agree with, besides using the slur "negros".

I know. It's the only reason I show up!!

#234 Posted by ComicStooge (16660 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@twix_right_side said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

Dat closet,tho

Wolverine08's so deep in the closet, he's in Narnia.

#235 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god......

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry right now. I'm bordering on crying.

I am just glad we are holding this 80 year old farmer, paula dean and don imus accountability... your welcome black community

We welcome you,too.

Or was it little white liberal?

#236 Posted by Wolverine08 (47920 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY DO THREADS ALWAYS END UP ADDRESSING MY SEXUALITY???????????????????????????

#237 Posted by pooty (12998 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@buttersdaman000: How pathetic. Every stat you said I can't post,

And you prove my point....i'm just going to ignore the rest because it's not worth my time. You can't post a stat for laziness, and you can't post a stat to measure how far black people have come. So, you making those blanket statements about how lazy black people are, and how far blacks haven't come to support your argument was ignorant.

Done.

Don't be a liar and come back after you said you're done

@pooty said:

racism, violence, drugs, lack of network, , poor family situations, location, schooling, income, poor housing conditions, crime, prejudice.... I'm not big on conspiracies and saying "the man" is keeping them there.. but "The Man" did do his part putting them there. Making it through all that is worthy of praise. White people are doing better because frankly they had a massive head start, and are dealt a better hand in life.

We've already established that white people have a head start. We've established that blacks have a harder time. but all this improbable talk is....... saddening. and the very reason some give up before they try.

#238 Posted by CuddleBear (1397 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god......

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry right now. I'm bordering on crying.

@cuddlebear said:

We welcome you,too.

Or was it little white liberal?

lol its the internet where you can pretend you are a black marine who bench presses 1000 lbs

#239 Posted by SC (14630 posts) - - Show Bio

I am locking this for now, but might reopen up later when people have chilled a bit and I can go through thread and see if and which users were being problematic and so on.

#240 Posted by SC (14630 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

Not sure if the question was sincere or rhetorical but you shouldn't be leading it to a point to draw such conclusions about CV users. Especially when its potentially misleading. How well do you know the user you addressed? Many individuals of many minorities that have faced oppression and unfair treatment can hold views which people only attribute to belonging to the majority oppressors. There are lots of reasons aside from being racist. Main point though is productive and sincere conversation doesn't happen with users making negative assumptions about each other and making things personal. I am glad you came to understand the other user, but the need for them to be more clear in the future is as much as you need patience, which is to say its not really that necessary since such interactions are about both people. So its give and take yes? You might not be able to control how clear other people are, but you can control how patient you are when looking for clarification.

Its always okay to clarify that there may have been a misunderstanding than calling a user illiterate. Technically speaking it was probably an assumption rather than illiteracy that occurred.

Sorry if it seems like I am singling you two out, its more that I feel familiar with you both and think your both pretty cool and intelligent and think above is a simple case of miscommunication which can often happen when discussing such topics as racism due to the highly loaded nature of the subject and the preconceived notions and assumptions we carry around with certain ideas and terms.

Basically when I unlock this thread I'd like people to remember how easy miscommunication can occur and threads like these can only stay open and work when users are trying their best to understand and respect each other, even if they have wildly different opinions and views.

#242 Edited by SC (14630 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear: Also for you as well, no calling other users stupid or making other personal insults. Stick on topic. Warning.

(EDIT - Send a PM if you wish to discuss, but don't reply back in this thread, as I want to get it back on topic)

#243 Posted by SC (14630 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright I am going to unlock this for the moment, because I think some of CV's users should be allowed to talk about such topics. Anyone turns things personal, resorts to personal insults even in retaliation, will just get a temp ban. So think about that before getting into arguments and if you do want to disagree with someone? Go the patient, polite and civil route.

#244 Posted by Cgoodness (9646 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shame really, he coulda helped stop political corruption by corporations (read up on Reid and his family), and coulda helped shrink the government and give powers backs to the states. Oh well, Rand Paul 2016 ^_^

And @sc: thank you

#245 Edited by dshipp17 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@dshipp17: African Americans have a very legitimate reason to feel that everyone is against them, because it’s more than a false perception;You're all confused or insensitive to the struggles of African Americans; we have a much greater hurdle to overcome than Caucasians and Asians, due to the institutionalized biases against us

I will never agree with these statements. To many blacks have made it, to make me think others can't follow their example. To many programs are in place to assist them. No more excuses.

@twix_right_side: So...what do "current blacks" call racism? I wanna know.

I have no idea because I don't see it very much. I have no idea why blacks are still screaming racism. From time to time racism creeps up like with the video in this thread. but this current generation has to deal with the fading echos of racism. Since I can't see it, could you tell me how prevalent racism is?

Just because there's change,does that mean that things still aren't bad?

IMO, things are not that bad...... at all. It's been so much change for the positve that I feel blacks are just like white people meaning: if they don't succeed it is THEIR FAULT. I hold blacks to the same standards i hold whites. If a white man can do it then a black man can also. no more excuses for anyone

@cable_extreme said:

I know. It's the only reason I show up!!

You really cut out all of the good parts of my response, didn't you? But, didn't you say that, if it weren't for the spots and entertainment industries, African Americans would be nowhere? Didn't you imply that the percentage of African Americans seeking to educate themselves was negligibly small, when I raised the Tuskegee University/Institute example? Where are all of these programs designed to help African Americans? For example, an African American who's in between jobs? I know of none, but maybe you can enlighten me. I want to discuss the areas outside of sports and entertainment, and discuss the solutions for the observations made by Cliven, other than his implied solutions; I also proposed some that I supported as a counter to your response; more government is responsible, in the areas where more government is clearly needed, like creating laws to help job applicants and creating OJT programs. I speak from experience when it comes to a program currently labeled as OJT; it's a joke.

#246 Edited by MonsterStomp (24330 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

Since I am white, anything I say on this issue is "racist", so I'll just leave it alone.

This just sounds like what you want to say is going to be racist frankly.

LMAO. You go Wolverine08 :P

#247 Posted by thespideyguy (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

People create racism and blow it out of proportion just for money. Oprah has made a career from that.

#248 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10553 posts) - - Show Bio
#249 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10553 posts) - - Show Bio
#250 Posted by MonsterStomp (24330 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: No its not. You wouldn't be called a racist unless you say something racist. Just because you're white means you can't comment? I'm white, kind of.