#151 Posted by RogueShadow (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

And what do you mean by "making excuses"...? In what sense? You do realize that the reason many black people are in their poor social and economic conditions are because of,well,racism. Meaning that they were put at a direct disadvantage in the past,and they (and others) are still feeling the implications and effects of them. Or...was that in reference to something completely different (and I'm way off)?

the civil rights act was 50 years ago... how long will this excuse be valid? 100 years 1000 years a trillion years. go ahead i want a specific number.

You think the Civil rights act ended racism on a societal and institutional level?

lol

not what i said... stupid. answer my question how long will this excuse be valid its been 50 years so far. specifically how many more years are you going to use this as an excuse for you low expectations of blacks?

Until racism is dead in the water, and I'd appreciate not being named as stupid, which is an outright insult, not veiled or pejorative. Especially when the statement was not stupid as the implications inherent within your post were in plain view.

The Civil rights act was passed... So? They accomplished little aside from on a legislative level. Which societally is next to nothing.

#152 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I say black people usually and African Americans when I'm writing essays. Also guy who asked who asked why African Americans is the proper term it is because whether your from Africa or your descendants of people from Africa the majority of people with black skin fit that description and the majority of people find that term less insulting.

#153 Posted by Farkam (5297 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc @god_spawn @saren

This community is too childish to handle race related discussions. Look at the "u stupid, no u stupidest" elementary lvl shite going down in this thread.

#154 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

And what do you mean by "making excuses"...? In what sense? You do realize that the reason many black people are in their poor social and economic conditions are because of,well,racism. Meaning that they were put at a direct disadvantage in the past,and they (and others) are still feeling the implications and effects of them. Or...was that in reference to something completely different (and I'm way off)?

the civil rights act was 50 years ago... how long will this excuse be valid? 100 years 1000 years a trillion years. go ahead i want a specific number.

You think the Civil rights act ended racism on a societal and institutional level?

lol

not what i said... stupid. answer my question how long will this excuse be valid its been 50 years so far. specifically how many more years are you going to use this as an excuse for you low expectations of blacks?

Okay,now this insulting others that oppose you thing is just getting,well,"stupid". Particularly,it's intolerant and childish.

And I don't think that you understand that social/politically/economically,minorities (like blacks) and women are still at a disadvantage. Things like racism in our society still exist. Things like sexism still exist. They aren't small problems,and they aren't ones that go away in less than 100 years. It will take far longer than 2-3 generations. It didn't magically go away on a large scale in such a short amount of time when it has been a societal norm since our countries origin...that isn't even plausible.

SOFT BIGOTRY OF LOW EXPECTATIONS

#155 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

Until racism is dead in the water, and I'd appreciate not being named as stupid, which is an outright insult, not veiled or pejorative. Especially when the statement was not stupid as the implications inherent within your post were in plain view.

The Civil rights act was passed... So? They accomplished little aside from on a legislative level. Which societally is next to nothing.

True. So True.

I don't know why people think that racism is such a thing of the past,but the obliviousness is honestly annoying. I am still waiting for someone to jump in and scream that black people,minorities,women,etc were just "pulling the race card" in each or most situations post-civil rights.....which is also something people commonly do in society whenever a minority cries racism. Because,you know,the civil rights magically changed the views of most of America spontaneously....sarcasm

#156 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

Okay,now this insulting others that oppose you thing is just getting,well,"stupid". Particularly,it's intolerant and childish.

And I don't think that you understand that social/politically/economically,minorities (like blacks) and women are still at a disadvantage. Things like racism in our society still exist. Things like sexism still exist. They aren't small problems,and they aren't ones that go away in less than 100 years. It will take far longer than 2-3 generations. It didn't magically go away on a large scale in such a short amount of time when it has been a societal norm since our countries origin...that isn't even plausible.

SOFT BIGOTRY OF LOW EXPECTATIONS

.....What?

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

This community is too childish to handle race related discussions. Look at the "u stupid, no u stupidest" elementary lvl shite going down in this thread.

Now you know why I'm sick of most people....

#157 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

The Civil Rights was passed was not the point... the stupid stands. i'll give you a hint of what the point is 50

#158 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

The Civil Rights was passed was not the point... the stupid stands. i'll give you a hint of what the point is 50

I have no idea what 50 is supposed to reference. Does that mean that 50 years is a sufficient amount of time to make racism go away?

And wow,you really do have an issue with insulting people and disrespecting their opinions.

It's really civil.

#159 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

throwing around racism without any explanation or any specific claims is "da stupidiester"

#160 Edited by JakeN7 (13255 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

Agreed. This is pretty depressing.

#161 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

Agreed. This is pretty depressing.

This.

Although I should probably stop quoting this,since it didn't dawn on me until now that it would continuously show up on the mods notifications...

#162 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

I have no idea what 50 is supposed to reference. Does that mean that 50 years is a sufficient amount of time to make racism go away?

And wow,you really do have an issue with insulting people and disrespecting their opinions.

It's really civil.

who said racism going away? not me... again the stupid stands... stop holding it up. why should i be civil with little moronic white liberals throwing around the word racist? sorry it was soooo civil here before i showed up

#163 Posted by RogueShadow (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

You are acting as though the simple fact that time has passed indicates some phenomenal change has occurred. There has not been nearly enough of a change to warrant the notion that this can negate racism that is present within every echelon of society.

The passage of time is irrelevant if things don't change.

Stop with the 'stupid' statements, it makes you sound exceedingly juvenile.

#164 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

#165 Edited by YodaPrime (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

@yodaprime said:

at the end of the day it's fair to say we're all a little bit racist. A lot of us just don't realize it until our daughters want to marry someone of a different race, or we find ourselves laughing a touch too hard at an ignorant joke.. The best thing to do is to recognize it and not let it cloud our judgement or rule our actions.

it's very easy to fall victim to stereotyping and overgeneralizing like this guy in the video... There is no all this or most that... they aren't even all the same shade.

How is that a fair thing to say? You really can't say that everyone holds some sort of racial prejudice. That's a ridiculous claim to make. And....you do realize that the daughter example doesn't apply to most people,first of all....and secondly,laughing at a joke that may seem offensive to you doesn't mean that you are racist? Humor is subjective,after all. Laughing at a joke that is insensitive to,let's say,homosexuals,doesn't mean that you have a tinge of hate towards homosexuals

okay so when a black guy is walking toward your car, when something goes missing in the office, when some black people walk into the store you work at, when your looking for suspicious behavior as a cop, etc etc i can literally list examples all day for every race.. but i do believe at one point or another we all think of something racist. Probably towards every race. Including your own. Granted i'm arguing psychological subconscious so not only would this be hard to prove but doing so would take a lot of leg work and would still leave people skeptical if they can think of at least one "exception" so i'll yield and not push it. though i do believe its true.

and yes, laughing at a racist or hateful joke does lend itself to your inner hatred. Racism is never funny.. stereotypes can be to a degree. Most comedians can differentiate the two.

#166 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

You are acting as though the simple fact that time has passed indicates some phenomenal change has occurred. There has not been nearly enough of a change to warrant the notion that this can negate racism that is present within every echelon of society.

you don't think there has not been signifigant change since 1964? i don't mind stupid people saying things that stupid calling me juvenile feel free... stupid

#167 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

It's really civil.

who said racism going away? not me... again the stupid stands... stop holding it up. why should i be civil with little moronic white liberals throwing around the word racist? sorry it was soooo civil here before i showed up

Exactly what I mean. You're being incredibly childish.

And you should really elaborate on your point,and spell Shakespeare correctly before you call others "stupid".

"little moronic white liberals"?

1. There was NO indication of my race in there,probably besides me telling someone in this thread that I was black.

2. There was no indication of my political alignment,so that is another baseless claim.

3. Moronic? Instead of insulting others like a child and throwing around names to everyone that holds a different opinion,you should actually support your argument and stop making baseless assumptions. And who cares what was going on before you came? Irrelevant.

I hope that this thread doesn't get locked because you needed to throw your little temper.

NONE of that was called for or provoked...and I think it's clear by your insults that you hold some sort of bias.

#168 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

^ Was thinking of locking my own trend.

#169 Posted by pooty (11730 posts) - - Show Bio

If black people from slave times or from The Civil Rights movement could see what current blacks call racism.... they would slap the taste out your mouth!

#170 Edited by aquaman01 (1871 posts) - - Show Bio

@grenadeflow: Thanks. :) And unfortunately, there are bigots everywhere. Such is the way in the world.

@twix_right_side: sigh, it is life. BTW, I meant to say 1900's, not the 90's! D'oh!

Man, gone for a couple of hours and people are as feisty as ever. :)

#171 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

you should at least edit the OP... stupid

#172 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

No you're completely right. I constantly reference that black people have big dicks as a joke with my black friends and they laugh and just say that it's better then having a white dick. Ok I know that sounded racist but what I'm trying to say is that yes we succumb to stereotypes A LOT and that though it would be better if we all had no pre conceived notions at all in the society we live in today it's impossible not to have some preconceived and often wrong notions about other races. Granted that some of those stereotypes are true.

#173 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis said:

@farkam said:

@sc @god_spawn @saren

you should at least edit the OP... stupid

No need for name calling bro.

#174 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

@yodaprime said:

at the end of the day it's fair to say we're all a little bit racist. A lot of us just don't realize it until our daughters want to marry someone of a different race, or we find ourselves laughing a touch too hard at an ignorant joke.. The best thing to do is to recognize it and not let it cloud our judgement or rule our actions.

it's very easy to fall victim to stereotyping and overgeneralizing like this guy in the video... There is no all this or most that... they aren't even all the same shade.

How is that a fair thing to say? You really can't say that everyone holds some sort of racial prejudice. That's a ridiculous claim to make. And....you do realize that the daughter example doesn't apply to most people,first of all....and secondly,laughing at a joke that may seem offensive to you doesn't mean that you are racist? Humor is subjective,after all. Laughing at a joke that is insensitive to,let's say,homosexuals,doesn't mean that you have a tinge of hate towards homosexuals

okay so when a black guy is walking toward your car, when something goes missing in the office, when some black people walk into the store you work at, when your looking for suspicious behavior as a cop, etc etc i can literally list examples all day for every race.. but i do believe at one point or another we all think of something racist. Probably towards every race. Including your own. Granted i'm arguing psychological subconscious so not only would this be hard to prove but doing so would take a lot of leg work and would still leave people skeptical if they can think of at least one "exception" so i'll yield and not push it. though i do believe its true.

and yes, laughing at a racist or hateful joke does lend itself to your inner hatred. Racism is never funny.. stereotypes can be to a degree. Most comedians can differentiate the two.

Not necessarily so. I laugh at a joke once in a blue moon,but that doesn't mean that I have racial or hateful feelings towards anyone. I would know,since,you know....I know myself and I have done a LOT of inner thinking of my views (that constantly grow) since,what,middle school? That long ago....

And that is true for many people,but not all people. Again,there isn't anything to support that claim,any more than me saying that every man has a subconscious need to rape a woman. It's arbitrary,and it implies that everyone has feelings rooted in hate. Not necessarily so,my friend :)

But what do those "black guy walking towards..." examples have to do with what I said? Clearly they were in reference to something that I said,but I don't know what....I'm just dumb like that sometimes XD

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

you don't think there has not been signifigant change since 1964? i don't mind stupid people saying things that stupid calling me juvenile feel free... stupid

Never said that. False assumption.

Doesn't change the fact that it's childish,insulting,mean-spirited,and ad-hominem....one of the weakest methods of arguing done out of intolerance and anger. And calling an opinion "stupid" is equally weak.

Put simply,it's baseless and worthless to the argument. Good to know that you're comfortable being immature,though. What's next? A
"I banged your mom last night.." insult?

#175 Posted by RogueShadow (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

I said, not nearly enough change. Of course there has been some change. Don't be pedantic when the intent is lucid, it doesn't make you seem intelligent.

#176 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10573 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@buttersdaman000: Does he not realize that there's a difference between stating facts, which he hardly has

I can provide stats and facts to support EVERYTHING i said. Which ones would you like to see?

made this lame pot shot at my finals

Must have stung. this is the second time you've mentioned it.

Yes, I want facts that prove, without a doubt, that blacks of this generation are lazy, and that blacks haven't come that far - the two points I called you out on. Show me the stats and numbers that can prove these two blanket statements that you used to support your other claims. and, before you starts, don't show me graphs or percentages of blacks below the poverty line, or in jail. No, I want charts that explicitly show the number of lazy blacks as a whole, and how far blacks haven't come. You must've gotten your information from stats like these, right?

Ok.....And these accusations of ignorance towards you must sting as well since you reply to everyone of them?

#177 Edited by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

It's really civil.

Exactly what I mean. You're being incredibly childish.

And you should really elaborate on your point,and spell Shakespeare correctly before you call others "stupid".

"little moronic white liberals"?

1. There was NO indication of my race in there,probably besides me telling someone in this thread that I was black.

2. There was no indication of my political alignment,so that is another baseless claim.

3. Moronic? Instead of insulting others like a child and throwing around names to everyone that holds a different opinion,you should actually support your argument and stop making baseless assumptions. And who cares what was going on before you came? Irrelevant.

I hope that this thread doesn't get locked because you needed to throw your little temper.

NONE of that was called for or provoked...and I think it's clear by your insults that you hold some sort of bias.

pure drib i still don't want to be civil with you vapid know nothing brown shirt smart asses. me and alfred einstein still think your stupid

#178 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyways though there is still a lot of racism today would most of you guys agree to the fact that most people ages 20 years or younger are NOT racist.

#179 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe the mods should listen to you morons and put little stars on posters you deem racist? sure you little goose-steppers would love that.

#180 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

You just called us goose steppers so I'd say you'd have 5 stars on your own. Heil General CuddleBear!

#181 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

I said, not nearly enough change. Of course there has been some change. Don't be pedantic when the intent is lucid, it doesn't make you seem intelligent.

ooo more lawyer around contract reading you must be @twix_right_side alt. point still stands all the progress in the world has been made since 1964... stupid

#182 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

If black people from slave times or from The Civil Rights movement could see what current blacks call racism.... they would slap the taste out your mouth!

So...what do "current blacks" call racism? I wanna know....

Also,tell me your joking...many of those black people in slave times would've been fine being treated as house pets. I wouldn't exactly like that. Society changes.....not many women like being beaten nowadays and being housewives,does that make current arguments baseless or less invalid? Just because there's change,does that mean that things still aren't bad?

@beezlebub said:

No you're completely right. I constantly reference that black people have big dicks as a joke with my black friends and they laugh and just say that it's better then having a white dick. Ok I know that sounded racist but what I'm trying to say is that yes we succumb to stereotypes A LOT and that though it would be better if we all had no pre conceived notions at all in the society we live in today it's impossible not to have some preconceived and often wrong notions about other races. Granted that some of those stereotypes are true.

1. Stereotypes are true in what sense? Yeah,a lot of black people like fried chicken,but not all of them do. A lot of people from other races also like fried chicken,but culture also plays a role. The problem with stereotypes is that they make generalizations based off of ignorance that people passed around without knowing of the said people. The same way many people who have hardly have exposure to many Jamaicans believe that all jamaicans smoke weed and end every sentence with "mon". All stereotypes come from SOMEWHERE,and even if they don't,they might eventually be true by chance...but in the general sense,they are false. And they make it seem as if certain traits are exclusive to a particular race...which is the core of racism.

2. Your friends laughing at a joke cannot support the claim that "most people are a bit racist". And not everyone succumbs to stereotypes,and sometimes some of my friends make similar responses,even though they are joking. They are NOT racist,and it doesn't imply that they are racist based off of that alone. It depends on the person. It's not-only racists laugh at jokes that involve racism and racial stereotypes-it doesn't work that way. If that's the case,then racism's definition must've completely changed. Racism is based on change. The fact that many people find certain types of jokes funny doesn't make them hateful in any sense of the word,or hateful. That's a peposterous claim,and mostly unsupported. And there are many factors included as to why a person might find something "funny". It's like saying that laughing at a "make me a sandwich" joke on the internet means that a person,to a small degree,supports sexism and the poor treatment of women. That is not necessarily the case at all,and is not an indication of racism.

#183 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

You just called us goose steppers so I'd say you'd have 5 stars on your own. Heil General CuddleBear!

not the kinda star i was refering to my dear satan. but i accept the posistion of General commence the firing squads

#184 Posted by dshipp17 (1179 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@dshipp17:

Seriously, though, how would you account for the fact that African Americans have these issues?

Finally!! Someone who wants to talk about the issues instead of pretending they don't exist. IMO the problem is African American Culture. I think many Negroes believe that the system is against them. so there is no point in trying. So they believe sports, entertainment or crime (easy money) is the ONLY way to go.

However, I know of a number of historically black colleges that have large populations of African Americans looking for a path through education;

Of course your statement is true......to an extent. There are some blacks who are trying to make a better way for themselves and there family. But is that percentage in the minority or majority? That is the problem. Not enough are trying to change the system. a "few" is not enough.

Were you even aware of these other examples that I'm mentioning?

Of course i'm aware of those examples. but as i said above. statistically speaking they are just a few. Chris Rock said it best years ago: "A black man coming out of jail gets more credit from other BLACK PEOPLE, then a black man graduating from college" Street credit is more valuable then college credits. that is a horrible mentality.

Can the government help by pushing for legislation designed for increasing the options for job applicants to raise claims against prospective employers? Can government also design legislation to help make job training as a vehicle for African Americans into the corporate and government world?

No, the government should not do that. The people who want to excel will. No matter the color.

Like, redistributing funding from things like food stamps and devote it to this new job training and protections for job applicant reforms

All those programs exist. Job Corp exist. Free college tuition exist(for low income families). Computer classes at libraries exist. The opportunities to get ahead exist. People just have to take it.

Since you are around black people do your own little survey. ask any teenager to name 5 black people who are famous NOT due to sports or entertainment and see how many they can name. Have you ever watched B.E.T television? That is supposed to be for the betterment of black people. What programs do they show? Tavis Smiley was the only show that dealt with issues affecting Negroes. His ratings were so low they canceled him or moved him to 2am. Bill Cosby, Spike Lee, Harry Belafonte, Aaron Macgruder are always bringing up these subjects. but no one notices until a racist white guy says something. Black people used to march and protest when they wanted change. They were willing to be attacked by dogs and police to get ahead. If Dr. MLK Jr or Malcolm X was alive today, i think he would be SICKENED by all the squandered opportunities.

@jaken7:

And @pooty: agreed with "some good points" the guy made. And @marvel_boy2241: thinks I'm over-reacting and being a jerk for accusing pooty of being a tad racist.

Marvelboy is completely correct. and even if i am a "tad racist" that does not make anything I said untrue

@marvel_boy2241: Exactly. If you say anything negative about any group, people will attack you without considering the merit of your statements

@jaken7 said:

@pooty: Try being clearer in the future. It was a minute and a half long video, there weren't many points beyond his main one anyways.

No. Try reading in the future. I posted my own points about welfare, incarceration, graduation percentages etc. You were eager to jump on someone, so you jumped without looking

@kgb725 said:

@marvel_boy2241: Before Kanye let Taylor swift finish he started off with those same words. Im sorry but.... whatever comes next should be taken in context because the person knows what they are doing

Just like Kanye I KNEW i was saying something that may not be a popular opinion but needed to be said. and my words were taken out of context. I specifically listed my own points and very little of my post repeated what the man said

Finally!! Someone who wants to talk about the issues instead of pretending they don't exist. IMO the problem is African American Culture. I think many Negroes believe that the system is against them. so there is no point in trying. So they believe sports, entertainment or crime (easy money) is the ONLY way to go.

Speaking from experience, as an (perceived) African American, who’ve spent stints of his life in the housing situations he’s describing, it’s cultural, but it’s also stereotyping, discrimination in schooling (e.g. science and engineering), in the hiring process (e.g. science and engineering), within employment, for the fortunate few African Americans that make it into employment, discrimination built within the cultural structure against African Americans, and did I miss something? African Americans have a very legitimate reason to feel that everyone is against them, because it’s more than a false perception; now, some African Americans can take it overboard and choose to always carry a belligerent disposition against almost everyone, but there is very clear reasons supporting this feeling that everyone is against use.

Of course your statement is true......to an extent. There are some blacks who are trying to make a better way for themselves and there family. But is that percentage in the minority or majority? That is the problem. Not enough are trying to change the system. a "few" is not enough.

I believe the percentage of African Americans trying to better themselves is proportional to the percentage of Caucasians trying to maintain their status on top of African Americans; blacks are always striving or longing to move up the ladder; there are African Americans trying to achieve, but, most African Americans who try to make the push will inevitably encounter the bigotry of low expectations; I’m the exception, because I actually became motivated by the thought of everyone around me believing that I would or should fail; the problem for me actually became the inverse (e.g. once I had achieved success, people knowing that I would do well actually became my Kryptonite; think of Captain Pollution being exposed to a clean environment, from Captain Planet; my motto became, ‘by all of your hateful low expectations combined, I am Captain Science’; but, after I finished stepping on my own feet, I collected myself, when I starting working as a scientist).

Of course i'm aware of those examples. but as i said above. statistically speaking they are just a few. Chris Rock said it best years ago: "A black man coming out of jail gets more credit from other BLACK PEOPLE, then a black man graduating from college" Street credit is more valuable then college credits. that is a horrible mentality.

I agree that blacks coming out of jail will get a boost, while a black losing a high level job will only get everyone standing on his back; there’s nothing for a black that makes a mistake and falls off the pedestal, and I’m speaking from experience as someone trying to get through all of those procedural entanglements so that I can simply have the merits of my case heard, pending seven years in the process, so far; but, living where I live, by experience, what I sense is a combination of pride from the people around me, along with “if he couldn't do it, than I know I can’t do it”; and I feel as if I let them all down and the only thing that I can do is fight my way back to my former status, with success, and that’s exactly what I intend to do; I can empower them and satisfy my craving for revenge by eventually betting my adversary, all at the same time.

No, the government should not do that. The people who want to excel will. No matter the color.

All those programs exist. Job Corp exist. Free college tuition exist(for low income families). Computer classes at libraries exist. The opportunities to get ahead exist. People just have to take it.

As someone one in this position, government should make legislation; I know this, because I’ve read certain court decisions; I’m experiencing a no win situation; I excelled and I can come up with a dozen ways that would work for someone that’s white to get a job that just will not be allowed to work for me; the only solution would be legislation designed to compel employers to give someone in between jobs OJT (on the job training), at their place of employment, to eventually bring them back into employment; this may not be essential for a lot of African Americans between jobs, but it would be necessary for someone in my position (e.g. being blacklisted as retaliation for continually trying to win my case); you’re comments are based upon the assumption that the African Americans were simply just too lazy to try, even though the sky is the limit for them; however, that’s just a pie in the sky stereotype for an African American; it works for a Caucasian or Asian, however. Tuition is not free for the low income; I know, I’ve been through college and emerged $48,000 in debt, albeit getting 4 college degrees compounded my debt. And court decisions also point to a desperate need for reform for the protection of job applicants in general, so, just imagine the hurdle African Americans need to climb. You're all confused or insensitive to the struggles of African Americans; we have a much greater hurdle to overcome than Caucasians and Asians, due to the institutionalized biases against us.

#185 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

General CuddleBear has spoken! And the last word he hath spoken was! Stupid!

#186 Edited by RogueShadow (11977 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

ooo more lawyer around contract reading you must be @twix_right_side alt. point still stands all the progress in the world has been made since 1964... stupid

... You aren't even trolling are you? You really are this stupid.

Good day.

#187 Posted by CuddleBear (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

okay be back later message me if any of you simpletons have anything of substance to say that differs from the democrats talking points... *whispers* this is a Media Matters story

#188 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear: Okay,it's clear that I am speaking to a racist. Thus nothing I say will change your mind. Intolerance is fun,isn't it?

And I'm RogueShadow's alt because I oppose you? That's a weak claim,it's also desperate,so I guess that everyone that disagrees with you is also an alt of RogueShadow....also..."goose steppers"? What's next? Porchmonkey?

There are tons of derogatory terms to choose from that hateful people use.

#189 Edited by WarlordEternal (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

I got a good laugh out of that.

#190 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio
#191 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Incase you're all wondering Warlord is laughing at everybody and this thread.

#192 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Incase you're all wondering Warlord is laughing at everybody and this thread.

How do you know?

#193 Posted by myerlanski (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: I really appreciate it. I totally agree with your views as well.

#194 Posted by SSJDarthPlagueis (2574 posts) - - Show Bio
#195 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Because this whole thread is making me laugh right now. ;)

#196 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis: @beezlebub: I guess I can see why....

@twix_right_side: I really appreciate it. I totally agree with your views as well.

Wow. It's almost like we aren't on the internet. I mean,a person this civil,open-minded,mature,respectful,etc.....how do I know that I'm not dreaming? :)

It's very appreciated,dude. Glad to know that not everyone on the vine is an insensitive,stubborn bigot (not referring to anyone on this thread in particular,but more in general).

#197 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Because this whole thread is making me laugh right now. ;)

Part of it makes me laugh,and part of it makes me cry :)

#198 Posted by pooty (11730 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: How pathetic. Every stat you said I can't post, IS the evidence to support my statements. I respond to your taunts of ignorance because my ignorance is about as real as your final.

#199 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Lolololol. Can we get a mod to close this thread and sticky it then rename it the chucklehut?

#200 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9773 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: man people love jumping on you, yet most of what you said I would have to agree with, besides using the slur "negros".