#101 Edited by pooty (11181 posts) - - Show Bio

@myerlanski: Thanks for your time. It was my pleasure.

@buttersdaman000:I have no problem with you thinking im racist. You have done nothing but reinforce my points.

@farkam: I'm okay with that.

@yodaprime: Hmmm,that is not at all what I'm saying. I'll catch you later

#102 Posted by The Stegman (24435 posts) - - Show Bio

He's in a cowboy hat, which makes me think of the south. And I consider most of the south racist anyway.

#103 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11107 posts) - - Show Bio

Every black guy with a hoodie should just carry a lightsaber as well. Gangsta to nerd instantly.

problem solved :)

Nah white cops would just mistake it for knife, and shoot us on site.

#104 Posted by Farkam (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodaprime said:

Every black guy with a hoodie should just carry a lightsaber as well. Gangsta to nerd instantly.

lol

#105 Posted by YodaPrime (835 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodaprime said:

no, you only shoot the one's with the red sabers.. duh! XD

#106 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquaman01 said:

Heh, I heard about this, was it 2 days ago or only yesterday? Funny stuff. I also enjoyed it when one of them said they were going to put women in the front lines so if the government attacked, the women would be shown to be getting killed. Nice people.

Also, can someone post a video of Colbert making fun of this? I usually watch it, but I have been busy this week...I NEED to see it lol

Anyways, people calm the freak down. We don't want to make this situation worse. Listen, yes 50% of the people in prison are Black and yes the drop out rate of Blacks are more than any other race. However, the average white family receive $95,000 in assets per year than the average black family. Almost 25% (24.7%) of Blacks are in poverty level. Everything isn't black and white.

Please people, if doesn't matter if 90% of blacks are in prison, blaming innocent people on what others of the same race, sex, sexuality, or religious belief makes you ignorant. I mean, we might as well say that people who believes in a religion deserve to be arrested or forced to stop believing in their god. Religion has caused homosexuals not receive their basic rights, terrorism, wars, murder, etc... Yet, there are great religious people out there. Should we say they are "better off" being forced to lose their civil right?

By the way, yes you are allowed to dress whatever you like (if it follows the rules like schools and other places). However, your appearance is one of the most important things a person judges, so you shouldn't be surprised or angry if someone judges you if you dress inappropriately. I know, it sucks, but that is life. I mean, whenever I see someone who is sagging their pants, whether it is white or black, I immediately assume they don't care about their appearance and are lazy. Now, obviously that is NOT a correct assumption and I immediately shake it off, but I still think of it if I see someone like that. On the other hand, people have different cultures, so if I was to go to a place where people dress like that, there are probably many people thinking I am a rich and arrogant whir person because I like to dress "fancy" wherever I go unless I am working or relaxing. So, it is all about the culture and the stereotype.

Wow. That is very well said. I also don't know why some people seem under the impression that your race defines you,or that a particular phenomenon like poverty only affects one race (although I guess it depends.)

Colbert probably had a field day with this

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08: You don't have to do anything, but generalizations aren't all of the time bad. What does a gangster symbolize? Generally they are up to no good, and if you dress like one (regardless of race) expect to have car doors locked when you walk by. The truth is, I don't know you when you walk by, you could be anyone, and when someone walks by looking like a gang member, then that is something to reasonably be erie of. It is a choice, and is completely separate of race.

Basically your physical appearance (how you dress) is physiologically the biggest impact you have on someone and will completely effect how people think of you later on, it is psychologically verifiable. It is the same reason you dress up nice to go for a job interview, so their first impression of you won't be bad.

Just a thing,but you are completely right that a person's physical appearance plays a role in first impressions and what people think of you. It's the messed up truth. It all ties into how we categorize people into "good" or "Bad/threat". It is an barbaric habit that needs to go,though.However,you cannot forget that race plays a large role in this,as well. For many people,a black person wearing the "baggy clothing" is more likely to be suspected of being a criminal because of how they walk,talk,dress,etc than a white person that has similar mannerisms. That's reality. However,I think Wolverine08's point (and I agree,btw) is that that SHOULDN'T be the case,and such suspicions are only the result of ignorance and a lack of exposure to particular people of that culture. Not only that,but just because criminals are associated with a particular area (urban ones) doesn't mean that everyone from that area is. I've seen people that dress in that manner that were perceived as ominous,even if they hadn't done anything. And statistics aren't always the best method of deciding on such things,since they ignore many important factors. Besides,if that's the case,then that means that women should always look at every man they see with suspicion,since most rapists happen to be men. Anyway,I digress,and some @rogueshadow and @wolverine08 say what I need to say a lot better.

Long story short,people DO categorize a person by their appearance. But that SHOULDN'T really be the case. We shouldn't be threatened by people that come from a particular culture/background just because we are unfamiliar with it,or because we are wrongfully led to believe that most of those people associated in that particular group are criminals (or whatever the stereotype may be). It's not exactly a crazy assumption or leap,but at the same time,it's flawed. Not only that,but it's not as black/white,as RogueShadow and Wolverine08 have already said.

But why would your opinion be "racist" just because you're white? I don't think most people understand the term racism.

@myerlanski said:

@pooty: pooty the difference between Americans of African descent and Americans of European descent is 1% on welfare. So I think both races should be wondering what they are doing.

Lets not forget that racial equality issues have onlybeen significantly changed in the last 30 to 40 years meaning my father was around when blacks still had to use bathrooms with for black only signs on them. Hell I'm 36 and I wasn't allowed into a establishment because of my race 24 years ago...and I live the DC area.

Yes, I do agree that we as a people have more to go but you can't compare the leaders of today to the ones of yesterday. MLK was fighting against when it was understandable to tell an elderly black woman she had to sit at the back of the bus, to make room for a white man. This was only 50 to 60 years ago.

Not near enough time for a whole race to be off welfare. 39.8 % blacks to 38.8 % white on welfare. Americans of African descent :400 years of slavery and damn near a 100 years of racial segragation and inequality. It will take generations to get out of that...not 1or 2. We as a whole have been getting better, more blacks have a college degree , own a business, land, and homes than ever before. Progress, though slow is happening.

That being said, abuse of the welfare system on whole is horrible and I equate that to the system, not the people. It needs better regulations.

Wow. You and @jezer perfectly express my exact thoughts on the matter. You deserve a follow.

Comparing the progression of white people and black people in society,as if the latter has EVER been treated as equals or given the same opportunity throughout history (still completely aren't in society) is ludicrous. Besides,we are progressing.

#107 Posted by myerlanski (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: thank you as well man. I appreciate your opinion and the respect you have shown me in expressing mine.

#108 Posted by aquaman01 (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: Thanks. I think the problem is, when people see statistics, they use it as a general fact. I mean, having the same color doesn't mean they have the same thoughts, beliefs, way brought up, etc...And no one is the same.

And I agree with the progression. People like me who are only 19 think of constant racial injustice in the early to mid 90's (heck most of the 90's to be honest) and even slavery as lifetimes ago (obviously still a lot of racist injustice now, but you know what I mean). Yet, it isn't actually that long ago.

Oh, and I agree with you and Wolverine about the clothing. I mean, no matter what someone thinks about someone with saggy pants, logically there still shouldn't be a difference between him and someone wearing normal clothes. It is the media and stereotypes. Stereotypes are so annoying because, if it is really deeply rooted like saggy paints=gangster or even something like how all asians are smart, it takes a while to try to change that view. And the problem is, no one is really trying to stand up and change it. And, because many people stupidly believe stereotype=fact for all people, many people change from stereotyping other to being prejudice to them. It is the reason why you hear a black person being suspected of something just because of his clothing. And that is truly horrifying to think about.

#109 Posted by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

I am no longer surprised whenever a white person makes racist comments.

#110 Posted by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: I can't believe you refer to black people as "negroes." You really are racist...

#111 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquaman01 said:

@twix_right_side: Thanks. I think the problem is, when people see statistics, they use it as a general fact. I mean, having the same color doesn't mean they have the same thoughts, beliefs, way brought up, etc...And no one is the same.

And I agree with the progression. People like me who are only 19 think of constant racial injustice in the early to mid 90's (heck most of the 90's to be honest) and even slavery as lifetimes ago (obviously still a lot of racist injustice now, but you know what I mean). Yet, it isn't actually that long ago.

Oh, and I agree with you and Wolverine about the clothing. I mean, no matter what someone thinks about someone with saggy pants, logically there still shouldn't be a difference between him and someone wearing normal clothes. It is the media and stereotypes. Stereotypes are so annoying because, if it is really deeply rooted like saggy paints=gangster or even something like how all asians are smart, it takes a while to try to change that view. And the problem is, no one is really trying to stand up and change it. And, because many people stupidly believe stereotype=fact for all people, many people change from stereotyping other to being prejudice to them. It is the reason why you hear a black person being suspected of something just because of his clothing. And that is truly horrifying to think about.

Thanks. I agree. I think that people need to try and expose themselves to people of different cultures and such,instead of dismissing them and discriminating against their race/culture/socio-economic status,etc (all of which are equally faulty and ignorance-based classifications),that they should expose themselves more to different people to try and learn about them (their views because of their particular experiences,their culture,,instead of hiding from them because of social stereotypes)....the same stereotypes that tell you that most black people are loud,obnoxious criminal rapists. It's also weird how that very same discrimination plays in a bit of a cycle that causes some people to turn out a certain way,so that's another reason why discrimination is harmful and contradictory.

My Asian friend goes to a school in a predominately white area,and most of the people in his classes (not all,but a good majority) try to undermine him,or think of him as inferior in some sense or another,especially because of things that,ultimately,mean nothing (like how he dresses,and he doesn't even dress bad tbh lol),and there are a lot of racist jokes directed towards him that he doesn't find very funny.

I don't know why some people are not allowed to express themselves freely,especially when they are doing NO HARM to anyone. And sadly enough,people think that most of these people (like many inner city black youth) are "crooks" and hoodlums with just a quick glance,and that's part of the reason why some people in certain cultures are a bit...paranoid.

By the way,Cable_Extreme,none of this is directed at you or references you. I just want to clarify that.

#112 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

I am no longer surprised whenever a white person makes racist comments.

Um....racism is a universal human problem. Racist remarks are made by people of any race,not just white people. It's not exclusive to anyone,and it is not done by anyone specifically in terms of race. It is more of a human problem,and ties into how the human mind works. So to say that would almost make it seem as if there aren't racists of other races....

#113 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@pooty: I can't believe you refer to black people as "negroes." You really are racist...

lol its like he's strutting around here, oblivious to the implications and subtle meanings his 'points' are giving off. Then he has the gall to say things like 'you simply don't understand what i'm saying' and 'you're just reinforcing my points'. Does he not realize that there's a difference between stating facts, which he hardly has, and saying things like 'black people have really not come that far', 'this generation of blacks are lazy' and so forth?? The nerve...smh...

Oh, and he does refer to blacks as negroes...so theres that lol

@pooty said:

@buttersdaman000:I have no problem with you thinking im racist. You have done nothing but reinforce my points.

Lol...how have I reinforced your 'points' on an internet forum thread in which I don't even have 10 post?? If anything, you reinforced my points when you refererred to blacks as negroes and made this lame pot shot at my finals:

"Yep, that's what i'm doing. Generalizing and degrading a whole race of people. The only "final" you have is your final probation hearing."

Lol ignorance

#114 Posted by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: I know that but I've only ever dealt with racism from white people. That's all I was really saying

#115 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

I hope you hold "pooty" and "80 year old farmer" to the same standard you hold Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

#116 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@twix_right_side: I know that but I've only ever dealt with racism from white people. That's all I was really saying

Make no mistake,I wasn't assuming anything about you,but as a word of advice,a few things:

• Don't wrongfully suspect every white person as racist. In my opinion,suspecting a person as racist just because of their race is just as discriminatory as suspecting a particular ethnic group as criminals because of their race.
  • Remember that,even people that can share your culture/heritage,that they can do the same thing

If you take anything from this quick conversation,take those 2 things :)

By the way,for clarification,I am not saying that you DO wrongfully suspect a white person,or anything of the such.

#117 Posted by Jayc1324 (12299 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: OK I see, and thank you for not yelling and screaming at me like some other people would have done :)

#118 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000 said:

@jaken7 said:

lol its like he's strutting around here, oblivious to the implications and subtle meanings his 'points' are giving off. Then he has the gall to say things like 'you simply don't understand what i'm saying' and 'you're just reinforcing my points'. Does he not realize that there's a difference between stating facts, which he hardly has, and saying things like 'black people have really not come that far', 'this generation of blacks are lazy' and so forth?? The nerve...smh...

Oh, and he does refer to blacks as negroes...so theres that lol

@pooty said:

Lol...how have I reinforced your 'points' on an internet forum thread in which I don't even have 10 post?? If anything, you reinforced my points when you refererred to blacks as negroes and made this lame pot shot at my finals:

"Yep, that's what i'm doing. Generalizing and degrading a whole race of people. The only "final" you have is your final probation hearing."

Lol ignorance

Guys,how about we take a breather? :)

@pooty You seem like a nice guy,and I honestly don't know enough about you (and I haven't seen enough) to call you a racist,but,well....remember when you said that some people might think a certain thing about you based on,well,how you look (in this case,first impressions,and in this case,the things said in your posts)? I can see why they might,well,call you a racist,but I wouldn't really call you that. I mean,some of the things in your posts on this thread have come off as a bit....racist in the ignorant sense,but again,I cannot really call you such since I just skimmed your comments. Basically,it's not crazy why they would assume that you are...racist,but at the same time,don't think that I am calling you that.

#119 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@twix_right_side: OK I see, and thank you for not yelling and screaming at me like some other people would have done :)

lol no prob :)

#120 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssjdarthplagueis what remarks are racist? and why are these remarks racist? I give you an incomplete for this assignment

#121 Posted by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio
#122 Edited by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear: "@ssjdarthplagueis what remarks are racist? and why are these remarks racist? I give you an incomplete for this assignment"

Are you referring to the video? You've got to be kidding me if you don't see how unashamedly racist it was.

#123 Edited by GrenadeFlow (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquaman01 said:

Heh, I heard about this, was it 2 days ago or only yesterday? Funny stuff. I also enjoyed it when one of them said they were going to put women in the front lines so if the government attacked, the women would be shown to be getting killed. Nice people.

Also, can someone post a video of Colbert making fun of this? I usually watch it, but I have been busy this week...I NEED to see it lol

Anyways, people calm the freak down. We don't want to make this situation worse. Listen, yes 50% of the people in prison are Black and yes the drop out rate of Blacks are more than any other race. However, the average white family receive $95,000 in assets per year than the average black family. Almost 25% (24.7%) of Blacks are in poverty level. Everything isn't black and white.

Please people, if doesn't matter if 90% of blacks are in prison, blaming innocent people on what others of the same race, sex, sexuality, or religious belief makes you ignorant. I mean, we might as well say that people who believes in a religion deserve to be arrested or forced to stop believing in their god. Religion has caused homosexuals not receive their basic rights, terrorism, wars, murder, etc... Yet, there are great religious people out there. Should we say they are "better off" being forced to lose their civil right?

By the way, yes you are allowed to dress whatever you like (if it follows the rules like schools and other places). However, your appearance is one of the most important things a person judges, so you shouldn't be surprised or angry if someone judges you if you dress inappropriately. I know, it sucks, but that is life. I mean, whenever I see someone who is sagging their pants, whether it is white or black, I immediately assume they don't care about their appearance and are lazy. Now, obviously that is NOT a correct assumption and I immediately shake it off, but I still think of it if I see someone like that. On the other hand, people have different cultures, so if I was to go to a place where people dress like that, there are probably many people thinking I am a rich and arrogant whir person because I like to dress "fancy" wherever I go unless I am working or relaxing. So, it is all about the culture and the stereotype.

Excellent post dude

I didn't know vine had some bigots too

#124 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear: "@ssjdarthplagueis what remarks are racist? and why are these remarks racist? I give you an incomplete for this assignment"

Are you referring to the video? You've got to be kidding me if you don't see how unashamedly racist it was.

If you are going to accuse someone of something so shameful as racism then you should be clear and not just throw that term around it makes it meaningless if you do this... of course democrats could care less about that they would water down the word racism to nothing if it won them just 1 more election. also just to let you know that this is an edited video of this "80 year old nobody farmer." BTW why don't you google "Harry Reid Obama" and that word you think is so racist and tell me what ya think.

#125 Posted by pooty (11181 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: Does he not realize that there's a difference between stating facts, which he hardly has

I can provide stats and facts to support EVERYTHING i said. Which ones would you like to see?

made this lame pot shot at my finals

Must have stung. this is the second time you've mentioned it.

@jaken7I can't believe you refer to black people as "negroes." You really are racist.

Just because you people call me racist:

1) does not disprove anything i said

2) does not make me care

AND THE FUNNIEST PART IS: none of you have EVER seen me. you have no idea what race i am. I could be black as the ace of spades and just sick of my people making excuses.....or i could be a racist white guy. Let's not assume

#126 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@buttersdaman000: Does he not realize that there's a difference between stating facts, which he hardly has

I can provide stats and facts to support EVERYTHING i said. Which ones would you like to see?

@jaken7I can't believe you refer to black people as "negroes." You really are racist.

2) does not make me care

AND THE FUNNIEST PART IS: none of you have EVER seen me. you have no idea what race i am. I could be black as the ace of spades and just sick of my people making excuses.....or i could be a racist white guy. Let's not assume

A few things,dude.

1. It's kind of the reason that you didn't address the "negroes" comment that makes some people suspicious.

2. No one needs to know what you look like in real life. It's irrelevant to being a racist towards a particular group. There are black people that dislike black people,white people that dislike white people,etc.

Not only that,but you say "sick of my people making excuses"...that kind of seems consistent with what you said earlier and doesn't really help to make you seem....less racist,I guess,at least in the eyes of other people.

And what do you mean by "making excuses"...? In what sense? You do realize that the reason many black people are in their poor social and economic conditions are because of,well,racism. Meaning that they were put at a direct disadvantage in the past,and they (and others) are still feeling the implications and effects of them. Or...was that in reference to something completely different (and I'm way off)?

#127 Posted by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

2) does not make me care

A few things,dude.

1. It's kind of the reason that you didn't address the "negroes" comment that makes some people suspicious.

2. No one needs to know what you look like in real life. It's irrelevant to being a racist towards a particular group. There are black people that dislike black people,white people that dislike white people,etc.

Not only that,but you say "sick of my people making excuses"...that kind of seems consistent with what you said earlier and doesn't really help to make you seem....less racist,I guess,at least in the eyes of other people.

And what do you mean by "making excuses"...? In what sense? You do realize that the reason many black people are in their poor social and economic conditions are because of,well,racism. Meaning that they were put at a direct disadvantage in the past,and they (and others) are still feeling the implications and effects of them. Or...was that in reference to something completely different (and I'm way off)?

This. Twix is spot on.

#128 Posted by YodaPrime (835 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of the day it's fair to say we're all a little bit racist. A lot of us just don't realize it until our daughters want to marry someone of a different race, or we find ourselves laughing a touch too hard at an ignorant joke.. The best thing to do is to recognize it and not let it cloud our judgement or rule our actions.

it's very easy to fall victim to stereotyping and overgeneralizing like this guy in the video... There is no all this or most that... they aren't even all the same shade.

#129 Posted by pooty (11181 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side: Look at my conversation with myerlanski. he approached me with respect and I returned that respect. We had difference of opinion but we had mutual respect. These others showed no respect and received none. and anytime you say something "negative" about another race it can be seen as racist. also the words and phrases I use may be common and non-offensive where I live but may be seen as racist or rude where you live. But thanks for at least giving me the benefit of the doubt. it's appreciated

#130 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of the day it's fair to say we're all a little bit racist. A lot of us just don't realize it until our daughters want to marry someone of a different race, or we find ourselves laughing a touch too hard at an ignorant joke.. The best thing to do is to recognize it and not let it cloud our judgement or rule our actions.

it's very easy to fall victim to stereotyping and overgeneralizing like this guy in the video... There is no all this or most that... they aren't even all the same shade.

How is that a fair thing to say? You really can't say that everyone holds some sort of racial prejudice. That's a ridiculous claim to make. And....you do realize that the daughter example doesn't apply to most people,first of all....and secondly,laughing at a joke that may seem offensive to you doesn't mean that you are racist? Humor is subjective,after all. Laughing at a joke that is insensitive to,let's say,homosexuals,doesn't mean that you have a tinge of hate towards homosexuals

#131 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

the civil rights act was 50 years ago... how long will this excuse be valid? 100 years 1000 years a trillion years. go ahead i want a specific number.

#132 Posted by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear: "@ssjdarthplagueis what remarks are racist? and why are these remarks racist? I give you an incomplete for this assignment"

If you are going to accuse someone of something so shameful as racism then you should be clear and not just throw that term around it makes it meaningless if you do this... of course democrats could care less about that they would water down the word racism to nothing if it won them just 1 more election. also just to let you know that this is an edited video of this "80 year old nobody farmer." BTW why don't you google "Harry Reid Obama" and that word you think is so racist and tell me what ya think.

That video is unedited, and he repeated himself later on in an interview. It's incredibly racist, and you're disgusting for defending it.

#133 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

You're racist because you posted white goats instead of black ones. How I feel this thread is going.

#134 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear said:

@jaken7 said:

That video is unedited, and he repeated himself later on in an interview. It's incredibly racist, and you're disgusting for defending it.

i didn't defend it... stupid

#135 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@twix_right_side: Look at my conversation with myerlanski. he approached me with respect and I returned that respect. We had difference of opinion but we had mutual respect. These others showed no respect and received none. and anytime you say something "negative" about another race it can be seen as racist. also the words and phrases I use may be common and non-offensive where I live but may be seen as racist or rude where you live. But thanks for at least giving me the benefit of the doubt. it's appreciated

No problem :D

The way people are approached in a debate at times,especially on the internet,can make all the difference at times. If we perceive others as a threat,we may react defensively with equal hostility (and escalation might occur,thankfully it didn't occur). And it's true that,based off of your environment (and the influences in it,most importantly),that some words may be more acceptable than they are to most people. However,the term is seen by most as being offensive,and insensitive. In general society,people may recognize it as such,and might suspect you of being a racist. It's like me saying "crackers" in reference to white people (my uncle said it a lot),especially because my uncle used to say it. It's better to understand where I learned the term from,and the connotation that it was commonly used in,but at the same time,it may be seen as insensitive,especially because of it's history. However,it will also depend on the person,since some people may not be offended (depending on the context,and the situation,like if they know that the person means no harm,or if the person mistakenly used it without knowing how harmful it is to others). So it's understandable why many people might be offended...know what I mean? Personally,I usually won't be offended as a black guy,but that doesn't mean that others won't be for understandable reasons (again,context matters. Sometimes if it's with a friend that they know means no harm,they might not take offense. If it's with a stranger,they cannot make much of that distinction,especially considering that,most of the times,the word is used in a hateful sense).

Bless your eyes if you can read that. XD

#136 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

hey morons here is the unedited video

#137 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

the civil rights act was 50 years ago... how long will this excuse be valid? 100 years 1000 years a trillion years. go ahead i want a specific number.

What does that have to do with what I said? And what "excuse"? I'm a bit confused.

#138 Edited by RogueShadow (10758 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

You think the Civil rights act ended racism on a societal and institutional level?

#139 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

Morons? Throwing insults is honestly just petty and childish.

You're racist because you posted white goats instead of black ones. How I feel this thread is going.

I'm a bit confused here....

#140 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

What does that have to do with what I said? And what "excuse"? I'm a bit confused.

im no alfred einstein those are your words you tell me william shakesman

#141 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

You think the Civil rights act ended racism on a societal and institutional level?

lol

#142 Edited by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

not what i said... stupid. answer my question how long will this excuse be valid its been 50 years so far. specifically how many more years are you going to use this as an excuse for you low expectations of blacks?

#143 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@twix_right_side said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

im no alfred einstein those are your words you tell me william shakesman

What? You made a response to something that was completely irrelevant to what I said. So I am asking you to elaborate.

Were you not the one that initially responded to me?

#144 Posted by Beezlebub (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are we saying blacks and negroes. The proper term is African Americans lol.

#145 Posted by pooty (11181 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

2) does not make me care

A few things,dude.

1) There was need to address my using of the word Negro. taken from Websters dictionary: Negro: a member of a race of humankind native to Africa and classified according to physical features (as dark skin pigmentation)" there is nothing bad about that definition that i can see.

2) As said, Bill Cosby, Aaron Macgruder, spike lee, chris rock have all said the same things i have. are they considered racist? No. because people assume i'm white is why they call me racist. i posted a video of Chris rock on the first page saying what I said. i've never heard anyone call him anti-black or racist. I can post rap lyrics of rappers using various n-words.Race does matter in this situation.

And what do you mean by "making excuses"...? In what sense?

yes black people were formerly put at an disadvantage. not nearly as much anymore. The only color the world really cares about is green aka money. black people can achieve whatever they want. If they want to. "The Man is holding me down" argument is void. If a person doesn't achieve their goals, it is their fault alone!! I truly believe that.

#146 Posted by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear said:

@jaken7 said:

Yeah, you did.

So? He still spews the same nonsense. It's not like he said "just kidding" at the end or anything. And there's a difference between a video being cut for time, and actually edited.

@twix_right_side said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

im no alfred Albert Einstein those are your words you tell me William shakesman Shakespeare

*fixed

Obviously you're a child. ^_^

#147 Edited by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

who decided that? Africa and America are continents not an ethnicity

#148 Edited by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@rogueshadow said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

lol

not what i said... stupid. answer my question how long will this excuse be valid its been 50 years so far. specifically how many more years are you going to use this as an excuse for you low expectations of blacks?

Okay,now this insulting others that oppose you thing is just getting,well,"stupid". Particularly,it's intolerant and childish.

And I don't think that you understand that social/politically/economically,minorities (like blacks) and women are still at a disadvantage. Things like racism in our society still exist. Things like sexism still exist. They aren't small problems,and they aren't ones that go away in less than 100 years. It will take far longer than 2-3 generations. It didn't magically go away on a large scale in such a short amount of time when it has been a societal norm since our countries origin...that isn't even plausible.

#149 Edited by JakeN7 (12510 posts) - - Show Bio

"Negro" and "Negroes" is terrible. "Blacks" can be offensive depending on the context and connotation. "Black people" is absolutely fine, and more accurate. Not all Black people have ancestors originating from Africa.

#150 Posted by CuddleBear (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear said:

@jaken7 said:

@cuddlebear said:

@jaken7 said:

Yeah, you did.

Well then quote away... stupid

@cuddlebear said:

@twix_right_side said:

@cuddlebear said:
@twix_right_side said:

im no alfred Albert Einstein those are your words you tell me William shakesman Shakespeare

*fixed

Obviously you're a child. ^_^

good job showing just how stupid you really are... stupid