Your thoughts on new Comic Vine update

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I've been in the bidness for 10 years.  Every site I've ever worked on where there is some UI redesign get's crazy hate.   And yet the site always improves because of the redesign.  It's pretty funny really.  

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Lady Tlieso said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Lady Tlieso said:
" People will always bitch & moan about anything new. It hasn't even been up for a full 24 hours & yet people have already made up their minds. No one if forcing you to do the quests!!! "
By bitching and moaning you mean  criticism and feedback right? "
if there was actual feedback then yes. Saying OMGWTF I hate it! It ruined my life!! It sucks.   Is not feedback. "
I don't know that many people who actually said that...i know a few people who said there were reasons or features they didn't like.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By MKF30

Interesting thread and feedback :) 

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Knightly1

Kind of dont like it. It will give people the incentive to randomly post stuff now. It will get annoying. But f I can accurately recieve messages, I will be mildly happy.
KanniBalKinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By KanniBalKinG
@OblivionKnight:  

Thats pretty lame though, posting to get  a level up on a forum that doesn't really mean anything in the real world
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@OblivionKnight said:
" Kind of dont like it. It will give people the incentive to randomly post stuff now. It will get annoying. But f I can accurately recieve messages, I will be mildly happy. "
I'm sure that's what they hope won't happen but knowing how people abused the point system by adding every crappy piece of fanart and bad clipped image they could to the image galleries to get points.That's what I see happening.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

It's amazing on how many threads are being created and locked because of a simple little game. Wow what does that tell you about ever day life

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Knightly1
@Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" Kind of dont like it. It will give people the incentive to randomly post stuff now. It will get annoying. But f I can accurately recieve messages, I will be mildly happy. "
I'm sure that's what they hope won't happen but knowing how people abused the point system by adding every crappy piece of fanart and bad clipped image they could to the image galleries to get points.That's what I see happening. "

Dont know of the point system. I probably wasnt here during it, but if it's anything like this current system, it probably had exploitable flaws. Im not saying it needs to be perfect, as it cant be, but this is something that peoplewill obviously abuse.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Thank you update for inundating us in more crap than ever.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@OblivionKnight said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
I'm sure that's what they hope won't happen but knowing how people abused the point system by adding every crappy piece of fanart and bad clipped image they could to the image galleries to get points.That's what I see happening. "
Dont know of the point system. I probably wasnt here during it, but if it's anything like this current system, it probably had exploitable flaws. Im not saying it needs to be perfect, as it cant be, but this is something that peoplewill obviously abuse. "
We do points now.Wiki points for submissions? That doesn't ring a bell?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61  Edited By Decoy Elite

I actually like the new design. My PM box hasn't lied once.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Knightly1
@Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
Dont know of the point system. I probably wasnt here during it, but if it's anything like this current system, it probably had exploitable flaws. Im not saying it needs to be perfect, as it cant be, but this is something that peoplewill obviously abuse. "
We do points now.Wiki points for submissions? That doesn't ring a bell? "

Oh yea, I know of what you're referring to. But when I said I didnt know of the points system, I was referencing the wiki points system(but I just found out the name.)
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By T.J. Magnum

What happened to PMs ?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@T.J. Magnum said:
" What happened to PMs ? "
You broke them.Damnit TJ!!! :)
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By MKF30
@OblivionKnight said:
"@Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
Oh yea, I know of what you're referring to. But when I said I didnt know of the points system, I was referencing the wiki points system(but I just found out the name.) "

They're located now in the lower left, the little envelope is your PM's/Notifications/comment responces via threads etc It's annoying at first but you get used to it. 

I don't know about anyone else though lol but I had to streatch my resolution wider to see everything...
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By T.J. Magnum
@Vance Astro: It's Mika's Outfit, right.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Knightly1
@MKF30 said:
"@OblivionKnight said:
"@Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @OblivionKnight said:
Oh yea, I know of what you're referring to. But when I said I didnt know of the points system, I was referencing the wiki points system(but I just found out the name.) "
They're located now in the lower left, the little envelope is your PM's/Notifications/comment responces via threads etc It's annoying at first but you get used to it.  I don't know about anyone else though lol but I had to streatch my resolution wider to see everything... "

Yeah I know. It's just that before I didnt always recieve my messages.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@T.J. Magnum said:
" @Vance Astro: It's Mika's Outfit, right. "
Of course.
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By T.J. Magnum
@Vance Astro: Well It got me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Someone follow me

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By King_Saturn
its okay I guess
Lady Nightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Lady Nightmare

i enjoy the quest however i think the tool bar the bottom is unnecessary and like the old format better. I also think a warning or poll would of been nice prior to the change.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MKF30
@Lady Nightmare said:
"i enjoy the quest however i think the tool bar the bottom is unnecessary and like the old format better. I also think a warning or poll would of been nice prior to the change. "

Good point, agreed. 
Also, @CV mods/people...please, please, please with your next super hero update or whatever it was called lol :P add the option to EDIT you own titles via threads! :) That is something that needs to be added, a lot of sites don't have this option but some do. It's very convienent! Is there a feedback/recomendation thread where I can post that?
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Decoy Elite
@TheDrifter said:
" Someone follow me "

I shall assist ye on your Quest.
 I shall assist ye on your Quest.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MKF30

lol ^

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#77  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@MKF30 said:
"@Lady Nightmare said:
"i enjoy the quest however i think the tool bar the bottom is unnecessary and like the old format better. I also think a warning or poll would of been nice prior to the change. "
Good point, agreed. Also, @CV mods/people...please, please, please with your next super hero update or whatever it was called lol :P add the option to EDIT you own titles via threads! :) That is something that needs to be added, a lot of sites don't have this option but some do. It's very convienent! Is there a feedback/recomendation thread where I can post that? "

It scared me at first. I thought I was being banished from Comicvine for revealing that I was one of those evil Liberations, and no longer allowed to play with those of sound mind. :D 

It figured it out, however, and now I'm fine with it.
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

check out the thread on the top page, questions issues comments etc can go there