#1 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw a certain viner's "NBA dream team" thread and realized I know nothing about basketball so...

I decided to make a similar thread about a sport I know a little something about

Here are the rules.

Put together an All-Star hockey team of six players.

They can't be dead. (They can however be incredibly old)

Players past and present must have been in the NHL

No Gretzky

No Habs (Just kidding)

My Team

Center: Tyler Seguin (call me crazy)

Left Wing: Jaromir Jagr

Right Wing: Mark Recchi

1st D-man: Bobby Orr

2nd D-man: Nick Lidstrom

Goaltender: Ron Hextall

#2 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
ah very nice... 

Center : Joe Sakic 
Left Wing : Jari Kurri 
Right Wing : Brett Hull 
Left Defense : Ray Bourque  
Right Defense : Paul Coffey  
Goalie : Patrick Roy 
#3 Edited by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn:

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn said:

@King Saturn:

it sucks... but it seems like it's a normal thing for the NHL... 
I mean this will be the third time in less than 20 years the NHL will be locked out... 

1995, 2004, 2012 ? 
#5 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: Lockouts in sports have always seemed silly to me. These guys are being paid to play a game.

#6 Edited by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn said:

@King Saturn: Lockouts in sports have always seemed silly to me. These guys are being paid to play a game.

The Owners don't want to pay the players what they had been previously making... in the NHL's case... I would be mad as hell if I was a player too. Hockey Players take a lot of punishment out on the Ice and they have a long sports schedule ( 82 regular season games + playoffs if you make it )... they don't make NFL player or NBA player money... so I would be kind of upset too if the owners cut my salary in half as part of the bargaining agreement. 
#7 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

The Owners don't want to pay the players what they had been previously making... in the NHL's case... I would be mad as hell if I was a player too. Hockey Players take a lot of punishment out on the Ice and they have a long sports schedule ( 82 regular season games + playoffs if you make it )... they don't make NFL player or NBA player money... so I would be kind of upset too if the owners cut my salary in half as part of the bargaining agreement.

Yeah it is true that hockey players take the most punishment and make the least amount of money. While Alex Rodriguez has a hundred million dollar contract in a low contact sport.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glitch_Spawn said:

@King Saturn said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Yeah it is true that hockey players take the most punishment and make the least amount of money. While Alex Rodriguez has a hundred million dollar contract in a low contact sport.

indeed
#9 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Center : Peter Forsberg

Left Wing : Alexander Ovechkin

Right Wing : Pavel Bure

Left Defense : Paul Coffey

Right Defense : Bobby Orr

Goalie : Patrick Roy

#10 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Anyone remember Brian Leetch from the New York Rangers ?
#11 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn:

One of the best offensive defensemen ever.

#12 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#13 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Shameless bump.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Secondary Team 

Center : Jeremy Roenick 
Left Wing : Teemu Selanne 
Right Wing : Brendan Shanahan 
Left Defenseman : Brian Leetch  
Right Defenseman : Chris Chelios 
Goalie : Ed Belfour