Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@scouterv said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@scouterv said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Cooldes said:

@princearagorn1: i didn't enjoy either of the FMAs, but that's most likely because i don't enjoy dark anime...

FMA is dark? This is a new one for me.....

Nina and Alexander said hi...

Ehh.

To me FMA isn't anymore dark than Yu-Gi-Oh! (when watched in sub of course).Or......maybe it's I have a habit of comparing everything to the likes of Berserk in terms of darkness.

You're comparing a childrens' card game with turning your dog and daughter into a horrible, pained abomination?

You obviously haven't watched the sub version of Yu-Gi-Oh! have you?

I would say things that happen in Season 3 of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX alone, matches the darkness of Fullmetal Alchemist series.. Amon Garam, Yubel and the Supreme King says hi.

That's dark...but considerably more tame than FMA. At least to me. Yu-Gi-Oh GX as a whole, was a pretty light-hearted show. Especially compared to the original, and I think even everything after. It's partially why I like it more than the others. I felt that it took it self far less seriously than the others did.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By RIKR2
No Caption Provided

Dragon ball Z

No Caption Provided

Rurouni Kenshin

No Caption Provided

saint seiya

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@scouterv:

That's dark...but considerably more tame than FMA. At least to me.

Ehh. Agree to disagree. I think the things Yubel did, are actually worse than what Shou Tucker did to Nina and Alexander.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX as a whole, was a pretty light-hearted show.

Circa season 1-2? Sure. During the 3-4 season it became a much darker show, with genocide, suicide, baby killing (well attempted/contemplated baby killing), child killing, human sacrificing, profanity etc,etc.

Especially compared to the original, and I think even everything after. It's partially why I like it more than the others. I felt that it took it self far less seriously than the others did.

Ehh. Yubel was going to destroy the multiverse, and the Light of Destruction wanted to destroy all life in the Universe....I don't see how it took itself any less serious than the other series.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Piece

Monster

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 the_stegman  Moderator

@jaken7: Death Note is my favorite anime of all time, I was legit thinking of putting in on my list, but I was trying to keep it to rather short anime, 26 episodes or less. Ha.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jaken7: Death Note is my favorite anime of all time, I was legit thinking of putting in on my list, but I was trying to keep it to rather short anime, 26 episodes or less. Ha.

As far as Shonen go though, Death Note is extremely short. Only like 35 episodes, IIRC.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@the_stegman said:

As far as Shonen go though, Death Note is extremely short. Only like 35 episodes, IIRC.

Yeah, I agree with you there. The reason I made the thread was because a friend of mine, who hasn't seen anime outside of some DBZ and Pokemon asked which he should watch first, I was trying to think of ones that more or less embody anime, but didn't overwhelm him with content (like the longer Shonen you mentioned). But yeah, Death Note is fantastic.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@the_stegman said:

Yeah, I agree with you there. The reason I made the thread was because a friend of mine, who hasn't seen anime outside of some DBZ and Pokemon asked which he should watch first, I was trying to think of ones that more or less embody anime, but didn't overwhelm him with content (like the longer Shonen you mentioned). But yeah, Death Note is fantastic.

Ah. Yeah, he'd probably explode if someone recommended him One Piece or Naruto. Low episode count is always easier to digest.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 the_stegman  Moderator

@jaken7: Y'know what? Screw it, I like DN too much not to include it, lol.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh. It was eating away at you, wasn't it? Lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 the_stegman  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@the_stegman said:

Like Light eats away at a potato chip.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JakeN7

@the_stegman said:

@jaken7 said:

@the_stegman said:

Like Light eats away at a potato chip.

In dramatic expository slow-mo!? Awesome!!!!

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv:

That's dark...but considerably more tame than FMA. At least to me.

Ehh. Agree to disagree. I think the things Yubel did, are actually worse than what Shou Tucker did to Nina and Alexander.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX as a whole, was a pretty light-hearted show.

Circa season 1-2? Sure. During the 3-4 season it became a much darker show, with genocide, suicide, baby killing (well attempted/contemplated baby killing), child killing, human sacrificing, profanity etc,etc.

Especially compared to the original, and I think even everything after. It's partially why I like it more than the others. I felt that it took it self far less seriously than the others did.

Ehh. Yubel was going to destroy the multiverse, and the Light of Destruction wanted to destroy all life in the Universe....I don't see how it took itself any less serious than the other series.

The general amount of humor, and the characters themselves, for the most part. Jaden, Jesse, and Hassleberry were still pretty lighthearted and could muster a pun even in the dire situations. I thought it was kind of nice.