#1 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't usually make threads with these kind of "personal" questions in them, but everybody loves reminiscing of good times, so, why not?

I think that one of my favourite memories is, when during a camping trip, me and my family stayed up till 12:30 or so telling jokes around the campfire. There were far, far more laughs than usual, it was a beautiful night, and there were hardly any bugs around. It was, arguably, the most perfect experience camping I've ever had. Sheer fun and hilarity.

So......what are some of your favourite occasions in the past?

#2 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 16 I went white water Rafting for the first time. The Next day we went Falls Jumping (Jumping from waterfalls) All this was done with the church I used to attend. It was briliant fun. We do activities during the day, have little get togethers where we would sing and just chat away, and then at night before we'd all go to sleep we'd sit up in our dorms (We were at a college for a summer camp thing) and just talk and have fun. It was briliant and i dont think I've ever had that much fun since.

#3 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

That time when I fractured my nose with my own knee.

zzzzzzzz

#4 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG so many......how about the time me and some homies went to the club and got shot at. Lol....Like the club closed and we stayed out in the parking lot just laughing and talking and next thing i know this car pulls up to us and the guy jumps out with a gun and says, "dont try to run now." 

We still laugh and giggle about it...good times, good times.
#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"When I was 16 I went white water Rafting for the first time. The Next day we went Falls Jumping (Jumping from waterfalls) All this was done with the church I used to attend. It was briliant fun. We do activities during the day, have little get togethers where we would sing and just chat away, and then at night before we'd all go to sleep we'd sit up in our dorms (We were at a college for a summer camp thing) and just talk and have fun. It was briliant and i dont think I've ever had that much fun since."
Jumping off a waterfall? Wow. That's hardcore!

Unbelonger said:
"That time when I fractured my nose with my own knee.

zzzzzzzz"

If that's a favourite, I'd hate to hear what your worst memory is :(

pixelized said:
"OMG so many......how about the time me and some homies went to the club and got shot at. Lol....Like the club closed and we stayed out in the parking lot just laughing and talking and next think i know this car pulls up to us and the guy jumps out and says, "dont try to run now." 

"

Whoa, what happened after that?
#6 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"When I was 16 I went white water Rafting for the first time. The Next day we went Falls Jumping (Jumping from waterfalls) All this was done with the church I used to attend. It was briliant fun. We do activities during the day, have little get togethers where we would sing and just chat away, and then at night before we'd all go to sleep we'd sit up in our dorms (We were at a college for a summer camp thing) and just talk and have fun. It was briliant and i dont think I've ever had that much fun since."

Yeah I was so scared at first but it was fun. It wasnt like a humungoues Waterfall it was maybe 10-15 ft high. But some of my friends were jumping from a rock ledge that was higher up.
#7 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmm nothing really...i drove and another friend drove...so everyone that rode with me made it out safely....but my the other guy got his window busted and they stole his wallet.

#8 Posted by Unbelonger (2770 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

Unbelonger said:
"That time when I fractured my nose with my own knee.

zzzzzzzz"

If that's a favourite, I'd hate to hear what your worst memory is :(

pixelized said:
"OMG so many......how about the time me and some homies went to the club and got shot at. Lol....Like the club closed and we stayed out in the parking lot just laughing and talking and next think i know this car pulls up to us and the guy jumps out and says, "dont try to run now." 

"

Whoa, what happened after that?"
Lol, no, it was actually a bad memory. I remember my chaildhood years when I used to be happy for no reason, and when I could sing without problem.

zzzzzzzzz
#9 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Sparda said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

Yeah I was so scared at first but it was fun. It wasnt like a humungoues Waterfall it was maybe 10-15 ft high. But some of my friends were jumping from a rock ledge that was higher up."

Oh, you had me freaked for a sec, I thought you were jumping off of huge ones. But still.....wow......were there any rocks around?

pixelized said:
"hmmmm nothing really...i drove and another friend drove...so everyone that rode with me made it out safely....but my the other guy got his window busted and they stole his wallet.

"
Well, that blows for your friend, but imagining the dude telling you not to run and you guys driving off is making me lol right now.

@Unbelonger: Ya had me scared for a moment there, man. Yeah, we're all happy when we're little, though.....
#10 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda, yeah When I jumped in I had to catch myself on one or get swept away by the current. IT was the first of a series of waterfalls. I love Tennessee's mountains for it...

#11 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Sparda, yeah When I jumped in I had to catch myself on one or get swept away by the current. IT was the first of a series of waterfalls. I love Tennessee's mountains for it..."

That would've really sucked if you got swept off and down four more waterfalls.
#12 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"OMG so many......how about the time me and some homies went to the club and got shot at. Lol....Like the club closed and we stayed out in the parking lot just laughing and talking and next thing i know this car pulls up to us and the guy jumps out with a gun and says, "dont try to run now." 

"
You're so thug Pix.
#13 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

When i was a little girl i often didnt see much of my Older brother.  He was always a no show during the holidays.  One Christmas he surprised me and took me downtown to see the christmas lights.  He held me on his shoulders as we walked past the pretty shops and went to see the light show.  It was hallmark movie cliche but i loved it^^

#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"pixelized said:
"OMG so many......how about the time me and some homies went to the club and got shot at. Lol....Like the club closed and we stayed out in the parking lot just laughing and talking and next thing i know this car pulls up to us and the guy jumps out with a gun and says, "dont try to run now." 

"
You're so thug Pix.
"
Like duh. tell me about it. lol....i tell people how hardcore i am and no one believes me! 

[=
#15 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Sparda, yeah When I jumped in I had to catch myself on one or get swept away by the current. IT was the first of a series of waterfalls. I love Tennessee's mountains for it..."

That would've really sucked if you got swept off and down four more waterfalls."
I'd have died o_O But I'd have died happy Cause on that same day I was hanging with the guy I liked all day. :D
#16 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Babs says: "My favorite memory was the time my parents shut the bar down for my 18th birthday in Brazil. I got so drunk that night. It was legal."

#17 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Shadow Huntress said:
"Babs says: "My favorite memory was the time my parents shut the bar down for my 18th birthday in Brazil. I got so drunk that night. It was legal."
"
That brought a smile to my face and a  tear to my eye. I'm so proud
#18 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"Sparda said:
"Kiara_Sullivan said:

That would've really sucked if you got swept off and down four more waterfalls."
I'd have died o_O But I'd have died happy Cause on that same day I was hanging with the guy I liked all day. :D
"

Ah, and we have a winner :)

PRIMAV3RA said:
"

When i was a little girl i often didnt see much of my Older brother.  He was always a no show during the holidays.  One Christmas he surprised me and took me downtown to see the christmas lights.  He held me on his shoulders as we walked past the pretty shops and went to see the light show.  It was hallmark movie cliche but i loved it^^

"

That's pretty touching :)

Shadow Huntress said:
"Babs says: "My favorite memory was the time my parents shut the bar down for my 18th birthday in Brazil. I got so drunk that night. It was legal."
"

In Brazil!?
#19 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

thanx

#20 Posted by Shadow Huntress (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sparda: Yeah it took place in Brazil :]
Babs and I are both Brazilian here.

#21 Posted by xXi0RIXx (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

feb 12 this year I  LEFT MY DADS HOUSE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHLALALHALAHALHALAH >____>;;;;;;;;;;

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
ummmmm lol when i was walking my friends dog