• 160 results
#101 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

@overlordarhas: lol *covers eyes*

I absolutely love BAKA to TEST, the abuse Yoshii and Yūji receive on a daily basis are hilarious.

#102 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

- Uchiha Itachi

#103 Posted by deaditegonzo (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Alphonse Elric: Human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth. But the world isn't perfect and the law is incomplete. Equivalent exchange doesn't encompass everything that goes on here, but I still choose to believe in its principle. That all things do come at a price. That there's an ebb and a flow, a cycle that the pain we went through did have a reward and that anyone who's determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected. I don't think of equivalent exchange as a law of the world anymore. I think of it as a promise, between my brother and me, a promise that someday we'll see each other again.

#104 Edited by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

Alphonse Elric: Human kind can not gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth. But the world isn't perfect and the law is incomplete. Equivalent exchange doesn't encompass everything that goes on here, but I still choose to believe in its principle. That all things do come at a price. That there's an ebb and a flow, a cycle that the pain we went through did have a reward and that anyone who's determined and perseveres will get something of value in return, even if it's not what they expected. I don't think of equivalent exchange as a law of the world anymore. I think of it as a promise, between my brother and me, a promise that someday we'll see each other again.

#105 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (704 posts) - - Show Bio

"I'm the hero that Gotham Deserves but not what it needs... because I'm lazy."

#106 Edited by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio
#107 Posted by deaditegonzo (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid: I am many things, Kal-El - but here, I am God.

#108 Posted by russellmania77 (13624 posts) - - Show Bio

"I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you." -BATMAN

#109 Edited by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

#110 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7859 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did you quit working on me? She always fools me, Orel. “I’ll make things better dear. Drink me. Put me inside you, I’m great!" And she chokes me just like every other whore out there! They’re all worthless, kid! Every woman. Don’t let ‘em get ya. All of ‘em wanna get ya. They just grab you and pull you into them! And then you’re forced to stay in and pull out and stay in and pull out! And then they gut ya. And then they got ya by the part where it counts. And they start squeezing things out! Things that are like weights around your head! You sit there for the rest of your life, with nowhere to go and no one to be!

Clay Puppington you depressing bastard...

#111 Edited by The Stegman (20786 posts) - - Show Bio

"--motives for war are of no concern. Religion, ideology, resources, land, grudges, love, or just because… No matter how pathetic the reason, it's enough to start a war. War will never cease to exist… Reasons can be thought up after the fact. Human nature pursues strife."- Nagato aka Pain.

#112 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

"Wall-to-wall smiling faces, at peace. Not to mention…a heaping helping of girls in swimsuits! Boobies and butts bursting out! Fine young ladies, out in public, in broad daylight, half naked of their own accord! That's what the pool is!"

- Tomoki Sakurai, Heavens Lost Property

#113 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

#114 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

In our society, letting others find out that you're a nice person is a very risky move. It's extremely likely that someone would take advantage of that.

- Senjougahara Hitagi (Bakemonogatari)

#115 Posted by amalgamuniverse (334 posts) - - Show Bio

"In space I don't have very good aim." - Hawkeye

"Yes, but your range is infinite." - Vision

Close to exact dialogue between Hawkeye and Vision in Avenger's EMH

#116 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

"People are judged by their true nature. It is the way of the world. That is why we have an elite, and that is why we have outcasts. We can change our physical appearance and improve our skills with training and study, but ultimately, we are judged by what we cannot change. What can't be changed must be endured. We are who we are, and we must live with it."

- Hyuga Neji

#117 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

#118 Edited by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio
Maybe not, but no Mortal Alive can stop me from trying either. - Batman before getting OWNED

#119 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

"Ladies. Gentlemen. You have eaten well. You've eaten Gotham's wealth. Its spirit. Your feast is nearly over. From this moment on - none of you are safe." - BATMAN

#120 Posted by The_PAIN (719 posts) - - Show Bio

Memories - they can sometimes become vague and foggy and there are times when they disappear altogether. Therefore, because there are many things I don't want to lose track of, I will record everything in here for the sake of those moments that should not be forgotten" ~Haruka (Love Hina)

#121 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

Drop ink on the finest snow-white paper and it will inevitably absorb into black. Its purity demands it. Tainted men have immunities. Black does not absorb black. - Shinobu Sensui (Yu Yu Hakusho)

#122 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I’m late. I got lost on the road of life.

Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)

#123 Edited by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Mugen is the epitome of Badass

~"I don't give a rat's ass about going to hell. Guess I feel like I'm already there. What I do mind is the thought of being killed by you ugly bastards. I've gone my whole life without being helped by anyone else, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let you help me into my grave."... He then proceeds to jump off the cliff

~"You have ten seconds... I'll count by breaking his fingers."

~"What a load of crap. Don't spend your life making excuses to yourself. You're the one who decides how to live your life."

#124 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (14203 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of love, sacrifice is born. Hate is born. And we are able to know pain.

-Pein. (Before he turned into roadrunner.)

#125 Edited by Enzeru (2954 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hilarious.

#126 Edited by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio
#127 Edited by The_Tree (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

"Obvious variations aside, there's only one human body. 206 bones, five major organs, 60,000 miles of blood vessels. All it takes is time. Days. Months. Years, spent memorizing the finite ways there are to hurt and break a man. Preparing for all of them. I've escaped from every conceivable deathtrap. Ten times. A dozen times. I can slow my breathing and metabolism to control panic and conserve air. Straitjacket's kindergarten. Locks, too. Benchpressing a pine coffin lid through 600 pounds of loose soil that's filling your mouth, crushing your lungs flat, and shredding your dehydrated muscles? That's harder. But far from impossible." - Batman

"It's a trick question Renee... Not who are you?... But who are you going to become? Time to change... Like a butterfly." - Vic Sage

"For six years now, every time I've closed my eyes, this is where I've come. To see my wife bleeding out on the roadway. To see my world bleeding out with her. This is where I forgot who I was. This is where life tried to crush me. But it failed. When my wife died, it seemed like everything that was ever beautiful to me died with her. But I can't let that be true anymore. Beauty is all around us here. You just have to fight for it. Even if it kills you." - Sheriff Falls Down

"It happened, Barry. One way or another, the life we had together happened. And I couldn't have been prouder or happier to have a son like you. You have to let me go, Barry... I'll be okay." - Nora Allen

"Do you know what is the greatest gift anyone can receive in his lifetime? The greatest gift we can receive is to have the chance, just once in our lives, to make a difference. Do you understand how many times you made a difference? Enough for a hundred lifetimes." - Doctor Strange

"You're everything. You're bigger than God. You could go everywhere... Do anything. The power of the universe is yours... And more. Or you could live in a ratty old house with two moth-eaten animals and an aging wife. You could be afraid to go outside again. You could wither and die. The decision is yours. One minute later. You gaze upon the watchtower for the last time. There's nothing left to do but wait and hope. There is silence. For the first instant. Nothing seems to happen except the briefest of changes in perception-- an infinitesimal shift of reality. The effect speeds out of the watchtower like an animal from a cage. This is the moment you lose it all." - The Sentry

"Have I really changed so much? I don't mean just physically. That's a bit obvious. I'm always surprised at how easily I accept all the unfathomable weirdness that's been sprung upon me since I've become a Xombi. Two months ago, I'd never physically harmed anyone. Now, I've killed more living, sentient being than I'm willing to stop and count. I never even paused to wonder if it was wrong. It won't be long before I'm like the others who take this all for granted as the backdrop of their lives. Until that day happens, I'm going to revel in the mundane, normal events in my life and hold them close. Annie fought long and hard to reclaim the place where she belonged. Why should I do any less?" - David Kim

#128 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgment. Like some kind of mental illness.
– Haruhi Suzumiya

#129 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think about it death really isn’t so frightening. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it.

- Karasu

#130 Edited by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth. What Miss Kaoru says is sweet and innocent talk that only those whose hands have never been stained with the blood of men can believe. But, to tell you the truth, I much prefer Miss Kaoru’s sweet and innocent talk over the truth, indeed I do! - Himura Kenshin

#131 Edited by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Even when our eyes are closed, there’s a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams.

- Edward “Ed” Elric

#132 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

"Without warning, it comes...crashing through the window of your study, and mine...I have seen it before...somewhere. It frightened me as a boy... frightened me. Yes, father. I shall become a bat." - Batman

#133 Edited by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

#134 Posted by Strider92 (15272 posts) - - Show Bio

#135 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

my favorite quote from vegeta starts at 3:30 -watch !

#136 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

Murder is the only art a swordsman may practice. No ornamental words can change that. You want to protect people with murder? You’ll slaughter legions so that a few may live. Many years, long before you were born, my sword was tearing asunder the lives of men. Yes, all of those men were evil, but they were human beings first and foremost, Kenshin. The world you ardently desire to enter will not know what to do with you. It will deceive you into believing that you are saving lives even as you destroy them. You will accept these lies all the while, your hands will be stained with the worst of offenses.
- Hiko Seijuro (Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal)

#137 Posted by The_PAIN (719 posts) - - Show Bio

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed" - Lelouch vi Britannia

L (Death Note): 'He who makes the first move wins.'

#138 Edited by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7859 posts) - - Show Bio

''In reproduction, as proven by the actions of both the egg and the sperm, to be born is ...also to be ''chosen'' and the chosen one, even in his struggle against the other, is merely being pushed upwards and even protected by the fighting figures beneath him.

- Enrico Pucci

''Polnareff, have you ever thought why people try to survive? Every single person tries to survive because they want peace of mind. To get fame,power, to rule others, and money are all for that. Marrying and making friends are also for that. To serve other, to fight for love and peace are all for peace of mind. Looking for peace of mind is human being ultimate goal. So...what's wrong with you serving me? If you serve me you can easily get everything else. Aren't you having no peace now that you are fighting me knowing you are going to die. Join me and I'll give you peace of mind that'll last for ever.

- Dio Brando

#139 Posted by ghost_runner (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: All the people I've murdered, by letting you live....
Joker: I never did keep count.
Batman: I did.
Joker: I know, and I love you for it!

#140 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

#141 Edited by Wolverine08 (26799 posts) - - Show Bio

You dare..? Of all the places in all the worlds, you choose to accost Doom in his own home... you dare? FOOLS! The very worst of men know better... Gods know better. Who is behind such folly? -Doctor Doom.

#142 Posted by Fallschirmjager (11615 posts) - - Show Bio

"Do you know what Jesus said in John Chapter 5? He said, 'Don't bring me any trouble, Bitch!'" - Eda, Black Lagoon

History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever." - Marimeia Kushranada, Gundam Wing Endless Waltz

"A secret is what makes a woman so alluring." - Vermouth, Detective Conan

"Its over 9000" - Vegeta, Dragonball Z (yea, I went there, COME AT ME)

• Spike: Jet, do you know that there are three things that I particularly hate?
  • Jet: Really?
  • Spike: Kids, animals, and women with attitudes. So tell me, Jet, why do we have all three of them neatly gathered on this ship?!

" I love a woman who can kick my ass. " - Spike Spiegal, Cowboy Bebop

"Water can take any form. It drifts without effort one moment, then pounds down in a torrent the very next." - Spike Spiegal, Cowboy Bebop

"...Bang" - Spike Spiegal, Cowboy Bebop

"To become a monster like me is to admit you were too weak to remain a human" - Alucard, Hellsing

"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame" - Alucard, Hellsing

"How does it feel having someone fuck with your head!? HOW DOES IT FEEL, YOU BITCH!?" - Seras Victoria, Hellsing

#143 Posted by OverLordArgeist (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

"Stupidity is fine! If I can't win with ability, I'll excel through stupidity!"

- Hyoudou Issei High School DXD

#144 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

"We just witnessed a classic example of what I call miss directed rage, I believe the technical term is being an ass."

-Sohma Shigure (Fruits Basket)

#145 Edited by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

"History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace, and revolution continue on forever."

- Marimaia Khushrenada, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

#146 Posted by Dratini1331 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

Heero Yuy gives some of the best Lines XD

#147 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (7859 posts) - - Show Bio

#148 Posted by TheHipKid (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats not my kid

-Me

#149 Posted by Nightcraft (253 posts) - - Show Bio

"People die if they are killed."

#150 Posted by SuperDrummer (685 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard work doesn't always pay off.
But the ones who succeed are the ones who worked hard!!

-Coach Kamogawa (Hajime No Ippo)~