• 161 results
#52 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Where is this from?

My Fave

You're different now. You can think for yourself. So think about this. Before, you were a mindless thing. Nothing could hurt you. You couldn't feel pain, much less understand it. But once you have felt it— it changes you—forever. And you'll begin to understand something new. Fear. I've lived with it all my life. You don't want to die again, do you? The agony of what's happened to you affects your speed—your strength... and that little bit of doubt—that you cannot win today—grows. You understand now, don't you? You will never hurt me again. You will never kill me again. Never again!

#53 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Where is this from?

My Fave

You're different now. You can think for yourself. So think about this. Before, you were a mindless thing. Nothing could hurt you. You couldn't feel pain, much less understand it. But once you have felt it— it changes you—forever. And you'll begin to understand something new. Fear. I've lived with it all my life. You don't want to die again, do you? The agony of what's happened to you affects your speed—your strength... and that little bit of doubt—that you cannot win today—grows. You understand now, don't you? You will never hurt me again. You will never kill me again. Never again!

Can I try.......?

Superman to Doomsday.......?

#54 Posted by The Stegman (26055 posts) - - Show Bio

"Peace under an illusion is not true peace. It's only meaningful if the real world manages to accomplish it."- Gaara of the Desert, Naruto Shippuden.

Under normal circumstances, humans should have continued to evolve as the greatest creatures upon this earth, but we were actually regressing. A rotten world. Politics, law, education… Was there anybody around who could correct this world? But someone had to do it....I understood that killing people was a crime. There was no other way! The world had to be fixed! A purpose given to me! Only I could do it. Who else could have done it, and come this far? Would they have kept going? The only one… who can create a new world… is me.”- Light Yagami, Death Note

#55 Edited by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

#56 Posted by Project_Worm (3528 posts) - - Show Bio

Only the weak rely on the help of the desperate - Marik

#57 Edited by Ostyo (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan: Costume? I don't wear a costume, this is my uniform.

Aquaman: And this is Atlantean scale mail. Do they think I'd choose orange?

Hal Jordan: I don't mind the orange myself, but that necklace has gotta go.

#58 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.

Grant Morrison

#59 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20445 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Posted by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

Death is terrible for anyone. Young or old, good or evil, it’s all the same. Death is impartial. There is no especially terrible death. That’s why death is so fearsome. Your deeds, your age, your personality, your wealth, your beauty: they are all meaningless in the face of death. - Sunako Kirishiki

#62 Posted by camera_guy (233 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried! ~ Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

#63 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me". Rorschach

"In the end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends". Dr Manhattan

"I am the Hope of the Universe...I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace...I am Protector of the Innocent...I am the Light in the Darkness...I am Truth". Goku

"And now im better at doing whatever Wolverien does". Deadpool

"With great power comes great responsiblity". Uncle Ben

#65 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

“It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then… he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him.”–Batman

#67 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

#68 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio
- Bane

#69 Posted by russellmania77 (15836 posts) - - Show Bio

#70 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

"When you see Reed You tell him...Tell him this is where I made my stand"-Johnny Storm (Fantastic Four #587)

#71 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11143 posts) - - Show Bio

#72 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11143 posts) - - Show Bio

That whole panel describing Broly.

#73 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

"You have given them an ideal to aspire to, embodied their highest aspirations They will race and stumble, and fall and crawl...and curse...and finally...they will join you in the sun." - All-Star Superman

"Our Captain spoke, and gave the idea form. He said the words, and made it real. He said - 'Assemble at dawn'. Assemble at dawn. And how could we not? For we were Avengers." - Avengers #1

"The whereabouts of Batman remain unknown. And yet… I can see him now, in the grip of implacable forces, innumerable foes. Somewhere without hope. In a place where all seems lost. And I know this. The enemy will look away, for just a moment, underestimating him for that single fraction of a second too long.

And no matter how dark the night, there will be no hiding place for evil." - Batman R.I.P.

#74 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_pain said:

What issue is this from? And what's the context, I'm genuinely curious.

#75 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@the_pain said:

What issue is this from? And what's the context, I'm genuinely curious.

I just got that in an internet site and no issue reference was given. Sorry.

@russellmania77 you are a Batman fan, do you know?

#76 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_pain Huh shame, it sounds like Kyle was talking about something interesting.

#77 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Only going to do anime/manga since the best comic ones have mostly been covered (namely the quotes from various Morrison stories, "there will be no hiding place for evil" being the greatest scene of any comic ever, imo)

"I want Rei... GIVE HER BACK!" - Shinji Ikari, Evangelion 2.22; You Can Not Advance.

"Here's a message from the real Seto Kaiba; you lose!!" - Dark/Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1, episode 10.

"Why did you hit me?" "Because I felt like it" - Monkey D. Luffy, One Piece, Episode 1. Doing what everyone in the world wanted to do to f*cking Coby.

"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth" - SEELE member, Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion.

"They're dead. People are dead. You killed them all! You killed all the people! Die with them!" - Vash the Stampede, Trigun, Episode 12.

"If there is no Robin Hood, then become a Robin Hood!" - Rock, Black Lagoon, episode 7.

#78 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Stand up and walk. Move on.

After all, you have perfect legs to stand on.

Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist)

#79 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me ask you the reverse. How is it that you can give up so easily? [exaggerated sigh] I can’t understand that…attitude! “It’s bad luck! I have no choice!” People who passively accept their fate…because no one knows their future, least of all me, so I don’t dare put things off. I have to do what I can, while I can still do it, so…I’ll be kicking and screaming, ’til the very end.
- Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)

#80 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

#81 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Words are imperfect. Putting it in words will just create misunderstandings. Words are the root of misunderstandings.

Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate the Combat Butler!)

#82 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Life that has been lost cannot be brought back again. That very truth is what shows us the meaning and value of living.

- Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)

#83 Posted by slacker the hacker (7810 posts) - - Show Bio

@abocado said:

I don’t believe in god. There’s no proof he exists. In a world where there isn’t even proof of the future, the past exists. Even if it’s tainted with misunderstandings and delusions, if the people themselves believe in it, the past is the truth to them. And, if you base your actions or your life around it, in a way, it’s a type of god itself.

Orihara Izaya (Durarara!!)

#84 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12479 posts) - - Show Bio

You know. The pain. Of you. Day in, day out, being there. With that face. Not knowing what to say. Not caring anymore. Not even knowing that you’ll probably only care about her when it’s finally too late. Forgetting about all those desperate- those desperate years you spent alone, your barren years when no woman would even consider resting her tired head on your shaky little shoulder. Stinking of belly semen. Why even wipe? And when you finally get one of these [Points at Dolly and imitates a fanfare] coveted pieces of tail that have been built up as the grand trophy in your nothing life, you try desperately to keep it. Not to protect it! But to hoard it. To keep it away from the other wolves and jackals circling your territory! And you realize, all too soon, that you’re not good enough! That maybe there was a jerk-off called Darwin after all. And that you never acknowledged his existence because you knew deep inside that you were really what you feared you were— weak. And passive. And ultimately, broken by the ones who were made the fittest. And that through your weaknesses, you built up a poison that poisoned others around you. [About to cry] That you love. And the only true justice was to let those dominant jackals feed on you. Survive off you.

- Clay Puppington

#85 Posted by The Stegman (26055 posts) - - Show Bio

"I reject you, and I reject everything you believe. Why do people lie, it isn't only because they struggle against each other, it's also because there is something that they're seeking. You now want a world without change. How stagnant, you could hardly call it life. The same as a world of memories, just a world that's closed and completed, that's a place I wouldn't want to live in."- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

"This world is rotten, and those who are making it rot deserve to die. Someone has to do it, so why not me? Even if it means sacrificing my own mind and soul, it's worth it. Because the world... can't go on like this. I wonder... what if someone else had picked up this notebook? Is there anyone out there other than me who'd be willing to eliminate the vermin from the world? If I don't do it, then who will? That's just it: there's no one. But I can do it. In fact, I'm the only one who can. I'll do it. Using the death note, I'll change the world."-Light Yagami (Death Note)

#86 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

"(Truth) is a subjective concept, one to be accepted or rejected depending on the viewer's prejudices"

-Thanos

#87 Edited by Saren (25116 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: It's from Green Lantern #155. The context was that Kyle's assistant, Terry Berg, had been brutally beaten up and put in the hospital by some gay-bashers. Kyle had only just given up his Ion powers, so he no longer had the ability to go back in time and prevent it from ever happening. He broke into Ryker's and found one of the men responsible, and then broke several of his bones to find out who the others were as well as to exact punishment. Then he went to the JLA and asked them for help in traveling back in time and stopping the attack on Terry from ever happening. Flash tried to talk him out of it because he knew changing the past was a slippery slope (think Hal becoming Parallax). Then Batman stepped in and put the argument to an end.

#88 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18797 posts) - - Show Bio

" Puny Humans...I've Come to Smash!"

- Hulk

"You know it just now occurs to me that the real reason i became the hulk was to Protect The world from banner"

- Bruce Banner

Didn't Anyone Tell you? I'm the Strongest One there is!

-Hulk

"Then why do you suddenly look scared? Maybe you see that you could be ten times stronger than Hulk, and it still would not matter. Not when all Hulk has to do is become ten times as mad!!"

- Hulk

"I was Trained to Skin a Man Alive. Just the Top layer. Like an Onion. I like to Start with the Nails."

-X-23

#89 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: It's from Green Lantern #155. The context was that Kyle's assistant, Terry Berg, had been brutally beaten up and put in the hospital by some gay-bashers. Kyle had only just given up his Ion powers, so he no longer had the ability to go back in time and prevent it from ever happening. He broke into Ryker's and found one of the men responsible, and then broke several of his bones to find out who the others were as well as to exact punishment. Then he went to the JLA and asked them for help in traveling back in time and stopping the attack on Terry from ever happening. Flash tried to talk him out of it because he knew changing the past was a slippery slope (think Hal becoming Parallax). Then Batman stepped in and put the argument to an end.

Ah, thanks, just read the scans you posted up. I really like Batman's bit about us all having a day we want back, but that we have to move forward instead.

I'm curious though, why did Kyle want to go to such a drastic extent of time-traveling just to prevent his assistant from being hurt? I mean I can understand if the man was killed, but it seems like Kyle should know better. Any particular reason why?

#90 Posted by dngn4774 (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

That's right, Lantern... apologize. Grovel in front of that walking mummy. You call yourself a hero! Chum, you don't even qualify as a man. You're no more than a puppet... and the Guardians pull your strings. Listen... forget about chasing around the galaxy! And remember America. It's a good country... beautiful... fertile... and terribly sick! There are children dying, honest people cowering in fear, disillusioned kids ripping up campuses. On the streets of Memphis a good black man died... and in Los Angeles, a good white man fell. Something is wrong. Something is killing us all! Some hideous moral cancer is rotting our very souls. [Addresses the Guardians, pointing an accusing finger] And you... sitting on your mudball, preening like a smug tomcat. How dare you presume to meddle in the affairs of humanity, when human beings are no more than statistics to you and your crew. [The Guardians ask Green Arrow how he would advise them] Come off your perch. Touch, taste, laugh, and cry! Learn where we're at... and why!

-Oliver Queen to Hal Jordan and the Guardians of the Universe.

Green Lantern Volume 2 Issue 76: "No Evil Shall Escape My Sight!"

#91 Edited by Ostyo (9830 posts) - - Show Bio

You're a team player, a save day hero, I hate people like you. - Hiei, Yu Yu Hakusho.

#92 Edited by superkryptonian (90 posts) - - Show Bio

"I need a multimillion dollar space rock for the one in Metropolis, I only need a penny for a book of matches"

Batman

" Im the god damn Batman"

Batman

#93 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (11143 posts) - - Show Bio

Gohan: Fight you? No, I want to kill you.

#94 Posted by raythelion (191 posts) - - Show Bio

#95 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

#96 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

#97 Posted by The Stegman (26055 posts) - - Show Bio

(While speaking through the voices of billions of people) "I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you: Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!"- Darkseid

A very frightening quote.

#98 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

#99 Posted by Ostyo (9830 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by Perethorn (3795 posts) - - Show Bio

"I see now that circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. Is what you do with the gift life that determines who you are".

Mewtwo