• 73 results
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Now its been noted there are a lot of DB/DBZ fans around here on the Vine, and I will admit I am one of those. But don't worry, I am not one of those uber HC fans that run around saying DBZ is the best or anything, different universes are different after all. Anyway, now I am of the mind that sooner or later DBZ is gonna get a reboot at some point and go back telling different stories or tell the same stories with a varying degree of differences(which could include the villains, locations, development plot/character wise, etc) and really I wouldn't mind that because while I enjoyed DBZ, some stuff that came later I feel like wasn't particularly needed...so anyway here is my Reboot and bare with it cause it will be long. 
======================= 

Characters 

Yamcha= Lets be honest here folks, he was treated fairly well in Dragonball being Goku's first enemy and friend and in Z with his only 1st good fight he ends up dying by a surprise suicidal attack. Now....this is just a big fat NO to me, he was a great character and had lots of potential and yet was thrown away in the 1st major fight, this wouldn't entirely have bothered me if not for the fact afterwards he didn't do ANYTHING later on fighting wise(unless you count the filler, in that sense he was treated with a little more respect)...so its like "What?" I mean he was Goku's first enemy and eventual friend and they just took a dump on him in Z like that? So in the reboot, I would like to see Yamcha a little more used and not just be a punching bag, he doesn't deserve that with his history. 

Tien= Hmm...not really much to say about Tien, overall he was a fairly well rounded character even though he got outclassed pretty quickly later on, he was still seen and heard, he trained 24/7 never letting up. I guess my only real gripe with Tien, was that he was never really shown doing much as the series went on, I mean sure he appeared around and he held off Cell and deflected Buu's attack but its more of...he never really fought anyone, he just seemed to act more like a buffer then anything else.  

Krillin= Eh...he was a good character, even if he got thrown to the side at some point there isn't really anything I would change about him other then...I guess no hair? I never really minded it one way or the other but...eh.

Piccolo= Not really sure what to say for Piccolo, he was a useful character all the way through and through for the most part so there isn't really much to say for him. 

Gohan= Now Gohan was a fine character all the way, the only problem I really have with him however is that he....was focused more with his school studies then training at a later period. Now yes, learning is important however that doesn't mean he should have slacked off with training, I mean what is more important.....saving the world or getting straight A's? It isn't like he couldn't have balanced it all out with studies and training. 

Future Trunks/Trunks= There isn't really much to say for Trunks, he got stuff done and done quick he wasn't the one to wait around and have the sky start falling around him. Now I know afterwards, Future Trunks just stopped showing up due to Present Trunks taking over and that is fine I can see the reason, however...I wouldn't make the Present Trunks such a...lets see how do I put this? A goof...a funny kid...I have no real problem with him having a personality but...just don't have him be like goofy. 

Goten= The same thing here really...don't have him be a comical character, its fine to be funny at times and all...but all the time? Even when fighting? Come on...Gohan was never like that during his fights, he could get serious when he had to be and even when Goten/Trunks did get serious they did sometimes act like goofs. 

Added note: Wanting to add, DON'T make Trunks/Goten be able to go SSJ at all. Future Trunks is fine, because well....he went through hell and a lot of pain losing all of his friends, and his mentor Gohan so him being able to go SSJ is understandable. However Present Trunks and Goten going SSJ? Uhhh....No.  

Goku/Vegeta= Meh, have no real problems with these two so they could stay as is.
======== 

Development/Plot 

Now the Development/Plot can be the same pretty much, however...I would like to address just a couple of things. 

1. Expand on all of the characters not just a handful, yes for the most part you see just about every character but again...when are they actively doing something? This is mainly for Yamcha/Tien and perhaps Krillin at a later time. Have them train in the gravity rooms, THIS seriously annoyed me so much....why didn't Yamcha/Tien/Krillin use the gravity training rooms to increase their power and skill? "HELLO HIGH TECH TRAINING ROOM RIGHT HERE!" I mean jeez, it isn't like they wouldn't be able to work themselves up on the gravity considered it had a dial to lower/increase the gravity in the room. 

There was NO REASON, why they couldn't have used those rooms...and another thing...have them learn the Kaio-Ken. Yes they all got stronger while training with King Kai, but really...they should have learned Kaio-Ken there was no reason why they couldn't. 

2. Super Saiyan= Such an important bit to me, that I had to bold and underline it. Now I know I will probably get flak for this, but really...have Super Saiyan be the ONLY transformation....I mean folks, come on think about it. The legends and Vegeta kept going on and on throughout the Namek Saga, that the Super Saiyan was an "all powerful transformation", that "his power was so extraordinary and vast".. 

Then what happens? We got SSJ 2 + 3 that completely overshadow the supposed all powerful Super Saiyan Transformation...turning something that was spoken so highly of and so powerful into a thing that just increased one's power the next level up. I'm sorry but that just made me shake my head really...I got no problem with SSJ 2 or 3 but..it really should have just stayed at SSJ. 

If there is a threat, why couldn't the Saiyans just train in their base forms...increase that power and then transform thus multiply their base form's strength being stronger? This is kinda hinted at in the Revenge of Cooler movie, with Goku(base) vs Cooler(Form 3) they were already equals up until Cooler transformed and then Goku went SSJ and was unphased by Cooler's attacks. Yes, yes I know non-canon movie...but that isn't really the point, the point is, is that it can be done. 

3. Now for the villains, I wanna say they were great up until the Buu Saga. I mean the concept for Buu was an interesting one for sure, but the character? Ehh....I guess Super Buu gets a small pass but even then dunno. I know that there could be some creative villains, if thought is put into them...yes Buu's character/origin was an interesting concept but I guess it wasn't what I expected, make no mistake though I don't hate Buu. 
======== 

Well folks, there are my thoughts if/when there is a DBZ Reboot and such. If any of ya, have your own detailed thoughts on a Reboot then feel free to post them, this is an open thread for ideas! Just please, don't make them crazy or ridiculous ones. :P

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By sentryman555

I love DBZ/DB and a lot of stuff here I agree with. I've never really thought of a reboot for it before though. I share your thinking that Goten and Trunks shouldn't go ssj so quickly. If they did I'd really want it done better. Goku had to watch his best friend die to transform and Gohan did it because he couldn't bare the thought of Cell killing everyone. Goten does it because Chi-Chi scolds him and hits him on the head -_-. I might buy it if Gohan had seriously been training Goten and then have something like during the Buu saga evil buu kills someone Goten cares about. Would work same with with present day trunks.

My biggest thing. At the end of the series, Gohan is the strongest person not Goku. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but even the creator said thats how he planned it until he thought of the Buu saga, originally Gohan was gonna be the new protector of Earth at the end of the cell saga. At the very least, I'd like to see Gohan go ssj3. I would prefer it to Ultimate Gohan.

The rest is about the same as yours. Give Yamcha a bigger role, have Tien come in as something more than cannon fodder, etc.

Oh one more note, Have Vegeta win more. At the very least don't give him a win and then let him get beaten to hell like they do in every saga. He owns Guldo, Recoome comes in and bashes him. He owns Android 19(?), same thing, Android 18 comes in and tosses him around.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer
@sentryman555:  Ya that would be nice, however I could understand why though. He was arrogant/rash and full of himself, he thought he was better then anyone, hence why he got beat down so often. Though your right, it wouldn't be too much trouble for have him to win a few more fights.
deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By deadpoolrules

Great reboot,its nice to see other DBZ fans around.

But now I want to know,what do you think about Dragon Ball GT last episode?

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By x_29

I do not think DBZ should recieve the reboot. It would be funny if someone did a parody of what Nnja Theory would do with the source material ( DmC reference).

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wolfrazer
@deadpoolrules said:

@Wolfrazer

Great reboot,its nice to see other DBZ fans around.

But now I want to know,what do you think about Dragon Ball GT last episode?

Ehh...tbh, not really into GT.
sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sentryman555

@Wolfrazer: I'm not really annoyed that he got beaten but its the fact that he would get beaten right after having a victory. I always thought him losing so soon after a win took away some of the epicness that he got from the victory.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Death Certificate
Yamcha= Lets be honest here folks, he was treated fairly well in Dragonball being Goku's first enemy and friend and in Z with his only 1st good fight he ends up dying by a surprise suicidal attack. Now....this is just a big fat NO to me, he was a great character and had lots of potential and yet was thrown away in the 1st major fight, this wouldn't entirely have bothered me if not for the fact afterwards he didn't do ANYTHING later on fighting wise(unless you count the filler, in that sense he was treated with a little more respect)...so its like "What?" I mean he was Goku's first enemy and eventual friend and they just took a dump on him in Z like that? So in the reboot, I would like to see Yamcha a little more used and not just be a punching bag, he doesn't deserve that with his history.

To be fair, Yamcha got his ass kicked alot in the original dragonball.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Death Certificate: He was at least competent.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Female fighters/super saiyan please

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideas for a reboot:

• Dragonball: Stays as is. It was awesome. Character development, action, etc... everything was great.
  • Dragonball Z: Minor Changes

Characters: The Good Guys

Krillin: No real changes. Just make him a bit stronger. He trained along side with Goku, didn't he? Since he's not as strong as Goku, I would have him be the one with crazy techniques beside Destructo Disc and Solar Flare. Forever bald too.

Yamcha: Change his character completely. A strong fighter, yes. But also a nerd. Someone who can hang around Bulma at Capsule Corp and build stuff with. A tech guy if you will. That's how their relationship began.

Tien and Chao Tsu: Make them similar to early Vegeta. Villains throughout the series. Individually weaker than Goku but since they fight in tandem, they give Goku a hard fight. They eventually come around during the Saiyan Saga.

Piccolo: I would have him be Earth's Guardian named Kami and already fused. Although super powerful, he cannot leave the tower unless he divides himself up with the other half being Piccolo. The de-fusion only last 1 hr though. De-fused Piccolo start out a bit stronger than Nappa.

Gohan: No real changes here either. Have him escape him every now and again to go to the tower with Piccolo to train. Have him have the attitude he had during the Frieza Saga the whole time. Brave kid instead of a scared one.

Trunks: Future Trunks was an awesome character. Keep the sword. He's alot cooler with the sword.

Kid Trunks and Goten: Stay the same aside from having them work their way to becoming Super Saiyans.

Goku: Leave as is. I would just change the Transformations. Super Saiyan 1 should be in ape mode. All saiyans need their tails to become a Super Saiyan. If cut off, tails would eventually grow back. Super Saiyan 2 would be the same as the original SS1. And SS3 would be the original SS4. That just makes sense to me. If SS1, 2, and 3 didn't have fur on their body, why does SS4 have it?

Characters: The Bad Guys

Vegeta: Liked him as is. I would keep him even with Goku throughout the whole series. The series were alot more fun to watch when Vegeta was the strongest. Too bad his ego got in the way. Win alot more fights too.

Nappa: Stays the same.

Frieza: Stays the same.

Cell: Stays the same.

Buu: Would not take the series that far.

That's all for me.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Death Certificate said:

To be fair, Yamcha got his ass kicked alot in the original dragonball.

Yes but he was still competent in fighting, he didn't just roll over and in DB was one of the strongest fighters and was more or less a good match for Tien. The point here being...Yamcha wasn't just a waste of a character in DB, which is why if/when a reboot does come along make him a lot better then what he was before. 
Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Agreed

I loved 18

I cheered for her the whole time she beat the sh!t out of the prestigious prick.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: I <3 Videl and Pan, but Two episodes of fighting and there out for the rest of the series, but by that token so is 80% of the Z Fighters.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blood1991

@Blood1991: I <3 Videl and Pan, but Two episodes of fighting and there out for the rest of the series, but by that token so is 80% of the Z Fighters.

I still have love for Chi Chi after Dragon Ball.

I keep thinking how different the series could have been if she had been allowed to fight in the same sense as Yamcha and Tien. Videl was awesome as well even if she didn't get much shine time.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: Thanks for reminding of DB, nam vs girl in panties :P

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Blood1991

@Blood1991: Thanks for reminding of DB, nam vs girl in panties :P

Lol that chick was awesome. Who needs martial arts skills when you have Victoria's Secret? Not this girl.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: Ranfan.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blood1991

@Blood1991: Ranfan.

Yeah I went and Youtubed the fight "classic" Oh and Launch! Launch was totally awesome and was written out!

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: I get that, cause she is bases of the Super saiyan thing

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

O_O I never noticed that..... Launch should come back as a super saiyan. I demand this.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wolfrazer

Ehh..not to rain or damper any parades, but I would keep the SSJ only as 3, Goku/Vegeta/Gohan, I am kinda excluding Future Trunks out being he is from another timeline and is not of the main line and would have to go back to the future in the end. So he is more in the Temporary area in that respect. 

I mean it is suppose to be a rare transformation after all. 

Also I forgot to add this in, but there is also another reason why I think they should just keep it Super Saiyan and that is so the Kaio-Ken can be relevant and the characters using it would be able to put up a fight against the villains.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

O_O I never noticed that..... Launch should come back as a super saiyan. I demand this.

The reason why there are no female super saiyans is because Akira said he doesn't know how to draw them

@Wolfrazer: Future Trunks is actually from the "main" timeline, the one we see is the alternate one and the reason vegeta doesn't win his battles is because Akira hates the character, and had originally planned to have him die in the original battle with goku. Also Yu yu's better :P

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991: Hehehe

@redbird3rdboywonder: Yes I know but

doesn't seem to hard :P

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfrazer
@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Blood1991 said:

The reason why there are no female super saiyans is because Akira said he doesn't know how to draw them

@Wolfrazer: Future Trunks is actually from the "main" timeline, the one we see is the alternate one and the reason vegeta doesn't win his battles is because Akira hates the character, and had originally planned to have him die in the original battle with goku. Also Yu yu's better :P

Well you know what I mean, I meant the alternate timeline. :P 
Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Make the entire show like this :

Instant classic.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ms__omega

I so agree with this.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deadpoolrules

Make the fusion Piccolo-Krilin happen.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: that looks awesome :P

@Wolfrazer: Honestly instead of a reboot we could just have adventures in Future Trunk's timeline and maybe bring Future Gohan back

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolfrazer
@redbird3rdboywonder:  How would that work though? Dragonballs are gone, and the Namekians weren't found until Goku located them with his IT and brought back Dende to be the guardian of Earth.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

make Vegeta win a fight.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

make Vegeta win a fight.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: A legit one.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Cui !

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer: Have Bulma go outer space searching for the namekians and once she finds them have her only wish for Future gohan to come back or even everyone else except for Goku and that can be explained as being that Goku died of natural causes there's no way to bring him back

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By isaac_clarke

Don't reboot it. Seriously.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@isaac_clarke said:

Don't reboot it. Seriously.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolfrazer

@Wolfrazer: Have Bulma go outer space searching for the namekians and once she finds them have her only wish for Future gohan to come back or even everyone else except for Goku and that can be explained as being that Goku died of natural causes there's no way to bring him back

Ehh....I dunno, as I recall they didn't have a way of finding out where they were even located and I doubt since the future is just a complete mess that Bulma would be able to make a space ship that would be able to travel for long distances in space. Even in the series, Bulma stated with her father's best engines and all that, it would still take XXXXXXXXXX.XXX number of years to reach Namek, Goku only reached it cause Nappa's ship was reverse engineered and then that ship was later trashed by Vegeta. 

But then, who is to even saying that the ship is even around anymore? It took Bulma pretty much everything, to create the Time Machine.  

But then again..I guess it could happen in a similar storyline akin to DBZ: Shin Budokai Another Road.
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wolfrazer said:

Ehh....I dunno, as I recall they didn't have a way of finding out where they were even located and I doubt since the future is just a complete mess that Bulma would be able to make a space ship that would be able to travel for long distances in space. Even in the series, Bulma stated with her father's best engines and all that, it would still take XXXXXXXXXX.XXX number of years to reach Namek, Goku only reached it cause Nappa's ship was reverse engineered and then that ship was later trashed by Vegeta. But then, who is to even saying that the ship is even around anymore? It took Bulma pretty much everything, to create the Time Machine. But then again..I guess it could happen in a similar storyline akin to DBZ: Shin Budokai Another Road.

They could just ask King Kai and remember the Future was being re-constructed when Future Trunks killed the other Cell so she could have easily made a spaceship or she could have told Trunkss to go back in time and save Gohan before he died though that would just create another timeline but oh well

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Not even close. Watch DBZ abridged. It's way better than those things..

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reduce all the Kakarott ultimate power thing.

Stop making people look good making Vegeta look.

A power scale that is more fair.

The character start using other styles of figthing and stop looking the same style.

Make a more fair and balanced universe.

More character development episodes for everybody.

Reduce Gohan time, i am mexican and here DBZ was so huge it wasnt even funny, but i have never met a mexican that belive all the Gohan screen time was cool.

Give Bulma, Vegeta and Picollo more screen time and based on them episodes.

Let the humans have some role.

Also changing the whole, the most powerfull beign wins, in martial arts, that means nothing, many times the weaker wins for the fact he was a better martial artist.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#42  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Dragon Ball Kai.

And done.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohhhhh boy

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@awesam: Uncensored Kai obviously :P

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also changing the whole, the most powerfull beign wins, in martial arts, that means nothing, many times the weaker wins for the fact he was a better martial artist.

well, combat speed is a part of martial arts skills.. the people who are stronger there have higher combat speed, too. Other than this, agreed mostly.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Dragon Ball Kai for me.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Dragon Ball Kai for me.

Dragon Ball Kai.

And done.

That is not a reboot, that is a remake and a crappy one.

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

well, combat speed is a part of martial arts skills.. the people who are stronger there have higher combat speed, too. Other than this, agreed mostly.

Bruce Lee said he wasnt the fastest, but he could beat faster people by using some other of his skill, he always said he could beat guy with bigger "power levels", he just need to find a skill to use and win.

Ranm is the best example, Ryoga was obviously more powerfull that Ranma, still Ranma find out a way to win, showing fighting intelligence and amazing martial arts skills.

csantilli27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally agree with the idea of having only one Super Saiyan transformation. It got out of hand when they came out with the extreme muscle version of the SS and then SS2,3 and 4 in GT. They should get rid of the fusions, too.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Axe Hercule.