You won’t believe how fast this supermassive black hole is.......

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
alrighty
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Hawk_

1. Learn to use the link button

2. I don't believe it

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, our own Galaxy's Supermassive Blackhole is larger.

This is comparing NGC 1365's Supermassive Black Hole (Over 2 Million Miles wide) vs Sagittarius A* (28 Million Miles wide)

Sagittarius A* is lager than Polaris; The largest Star that makes up the Big Dipper.

Here is comparing Polaris to our own Sun.

No Caption Provided

Our sun is the small orange sphere on the far left. Polaris is the second larger blue star in from the right. (Rigal is the star behind Polaris)

The Sagittarius A* is between the sizes of Polaris and Rigal. (Closer to the size of Polaris by a few million miles)

If Milky Way's outer arms is moving 155 miles a sec in one direction (This is how fast our Solar System is traveling around the Milky Way), then that would mean the the Center of the Milky Way (Where the Supermassive Black hole is) is spinning much much faster. Near light speed.

No Caption Provided
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By nefarious

I'll believe it when I see it.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magethor

I remember that black holes don't spin. Neutron Stars spin. Black Hole's pulls light in via its gravity, but since light moves in an omni direction, the gravity of the black hole sucks in that light, pulling it in one direction. So that would mean that the light is the one that is spinning or spiraling down into the black hole.... Therefore, the spinning is as fast as light (or faster), not "near the speed of light".