You Decide: Batman vs The Avengers

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wario1988

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Is this movies?

wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wario1988
wario1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wario1988

@Duke_Nasty said:

Is this movies?

Yes.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrimsonCake

In that case,batman.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Like The Dark Knight Rises or The Avengers?

The Dark Knight Rises.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
I will take The Avengers only because this type of movie is of the highest quality for the Superhero Squad genre... where as The Dark Knight Rises while it is Very Good... I don't even think it's the best of the series which I believe is The Dark Knight... 
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

I will stick with my guns and say The Avengers.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By _Zombie_

Enough with this stupid debate, please.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chronus

The Avengers, easily.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tyrus

Eh, what the heck - Avengers.

Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

People died and we're still talking about movie sales? Lol ...

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#13  Edited By TheCannon

People who think the Dark Knight Rises is better are idiots. Nothing can be better than the Avengers. Not even Avengers 2.

EDIT: Okay, I take back the idiot remark. But there is no way this is better than the Avengers,

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

If you're basing this off of movie sales, than Avengers win.

If you're basing this off of better movie, than it's a stalemate. (Avengers is good for light-hearted fun while TDKR is good for epic, darker story)

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Batman, the answer is Batman

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blood1991

Avengers was better imo

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By InnerVenom123

I don't prefer one over the other.

I'd rather watch both of them in a row again (in either order) than watch strictly one over the other.

semkazkakyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By semkazkakyu

@TheCannon said:

People who think the Dark Knight Rises is better are idiots. Nothing can be better than the Avengers. Not even Avengers 2.

EDIT: Okay, I take back the idiot remark. But there is no way this is better than the Avengers,

you're the same idiot that said wolverine could beat lobo so you are in no position to talk

dark knight rises is thousands of times better, and that is a fact. the avengers is a glorified cgi fest that caters to stupid people, it's actually been proven that movies like the avengers make kids stupid.

tdkr had a compelling story and characters and was a much better film

the facts are the facts, sorry but its true

semkazkakyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By semkazkakyu

@TheAcidSkull:

debate is over

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-dark-knight-rises

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-avengers-2012

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Rumble Man

Avengers

Tomatoes: avengers 92 (less realistic but more consistent) x batman 87 (realistic with many holes)

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheCannon said:

You're a cancer.  

The only people who think the Avengers is better are simpletons. And I mean that in the mentally deficient sense, not in the "their opinion is different" sense. 

It's Blade Runner vs Star Wars. 
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Rumble Man said:

Avengers

Tomatoes: avengers 92 (less realistic but more consistent) x batman 87 (realistic with many holes)

This pisses me off. There aren't any holes, people are just f*cking dumb. 
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rumble Man

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Rumble Man said:

Avengers

Good to give you loose bowels, let me elaborate then :)

1. What happened to the blond who hangs by catwoman as her friend? never mentioned after the bane taking over gotham scene ever again
  2. A crippled batman doing push ups after getting his spine jabbed by an aging inmate
  3. bumping a five megaton bomb at every chance when he can get it up and away
  4. not using the batarangs against bane in the fight, which he spammed against his minions
  5. not using the blades behind his gauntlet vs bane in the first fight
  6. Bane's goons not shooting the cops (all of them had ak 47) when on of their tumblers got shut down by batman, even thouth talia rode that to escape later
  7. Blake knowing every detail about batman without any prior information
  8. Not using michael caine and morgan freeman that much when they are high class actors
  9. Killing bane off in an anticlimactic way
  10. Batman quitting and that gotham was peaceful because of an act
  11. a law being invalid because dent was immoral
  12. want more?

7/10

You gonna shoot me like james holmes did at colorado?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Rumble Man said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Rumble Man said:

Avengers

1. What happened to the blond who hangs by catwoman as her friend? never mentioned after the bane taking over gotham scene ever again
  2. A crippled batman doing push ups after getting his spine jabbed by an aging inmate
  4. not using the batarangs against bane in the fight, which he spammed against his minions
  6. Bane's goons not shooting the cops (all of them had ak 47) when on of their tumblers got shut down by batman, even thouth talia rode that to escape later
  8. Not using michael caine and morgan freeman that much when they are high class actors
  12. want more?

7/10

1. She's living with Selina. You see her in one of the apartment things
  2. He tried. He couldn't move. 
  3. That's not how nukes work. They need to be detonated.
  4. He wanted to prove to himself that he could win in hand to hand. It was all about his own arrogance. That was the whole point of that fight. 
  5. See above
  6. They did shoot the cops. You saw several of them go down. Nolan just decided not to show a bunch of police officers being shot down in a PG-13 movie
  7. He doesn't know every detail about Batman. He knows what the Gotham PD knows. And he deduced his identity based on who Bruce Wayne was, not who Batman was. 
  8. Seriously? 
  9. And once again? 
  10. It was a totalitarian act, they said that, and Bruce quit because of existential reasons. 
  11. An act that was based around the word of the victim being placed above the rights of the accused? Yeah, it makes sense.
  12. I'm still waiting on a single point that doesn't make you sound like a nitpicking moron, or just plain dumb. 
Wow, a class act you are. 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Rumble Man said:

Oh lawd.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rumble Man

@FadeToBlackBolt:

Thank you

Class act I am

1. She's living with Selina. You see her in one of the apartment things - before the scene after that gone in the wind
  1. He tried. He couldn't move. - then exercise montage, not like karate kid and rocky but still similar
  1. That's not how nukes work. They need to be detonated. - No, in the movie there was a countdown as they already took care of talia's bomb trigger and there is only the failsafe left
  1. He wanted to prove to himself that he could win in hand to hand. It was all about his own arrogance. That was the whole point of that fight. - Not that, he has other options in the utility belt, why grab smoke bomb?
  1. See above - old injuries are a bad justification
  1. They did shoot the cops. You saw several of them go down. Nolan just decided not to show a bunch of police officers being shot down in a PG-13 movie - total of the escape are three dead cops, including blake's superior nothing more
  1. He doesn't know every detail about Batman. He knows what the Gotham PD knows. And he deduced his identity based on who Bruce Wayne was, not who Batman was. - Batcave? that was very marty stu of him. Only gordon knows, not pd. that was weak
  1. Seriously?- yes really
  1. And once again? - I repeat myself with yes, comfortable now?
  1. It was a totalitarian act, they said that, and Bruce quit because of existential reasons. - done with no explanation, leaving gaps for the audience to fill with a wash of symbolisms
  1. An act that was based around the word of the victim being placed above the rights of the accused? Yeah, it makes sense. - only higher legislative bodies can remove laws if they violate constitution IRL
  1. I'm still waiting on a single point that doesn't make you sound like a nitpicking moron, or just plain dumb. - Copout ending where bruce lives through the neutron bomb
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rumble Man

@InnerVenom123: he/she did start dissing avengers fans first by calling them names

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Rumble Man said:

@InnerVenom123: he/she did start dissing avengers fans first by calling them names

And you brought up an entirely different issue. That's like bringing up Columbine if you were talking about rival high schools.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Rumble Man said:

@FadeToBlackBolt:

Thank you

Class act I am

1. She's living with Selina. You see her in one of the apartment things - before the scene after that gone in the wind
  1. He tried. He couldn't move. - then exercise montage, not like karate kid and rocky but still similar
  1. That's not how nukes work. They need to be detonated. - No, in the movie there was a countdown as they already took care of talia's bomb trigger and there is only the failsafe left
  1. He wanted to prove to himself that he could win in hand to hand. It was all about his own arrogance. That was the whole point of that fight. - Not that, he has other options in the utility belt, why grab smoke bomb?
  1. See above - old injuries are a bad justification
  1. They did shoot the cops. You saw several of them go down. Nolan just decided not to show a bunch of police officers being shot down in a PG-13 movie - total of the escape are three dead cops, including blake's superior nothing more
  1. He doesn't know every detail about Batman. He knows what the Gotham PD knows. And he deduced his identity based on who Bruce Wayne was, not who Batman was. - Batcave? that was very marty stu of him. Only gordon knows, not pd. that was weak
  1. Seriously?- yes really
  1. And once again? - I repeat myself with yes, comfortable now?
  1. It was a totalitarian act, they said that, and Bruce quit because of existential reasons. - done with no explanation, leaving gaps for the audience to fill with a wash of symbolisms
  1. An act that was based around the word of the victim being placed above the rights of the accused? Yeah, it makes sense. - only higher legislative bodies can remove laws if they violate constitution IRL
  1. I'm still waiting on a single point that doesn't make you sound like a nitpicking moron, or just plain dumb. - Copout ending where bruce lives through the neutron bomb
1. That makes no sense at all. Before the scene after that? What? Regardless, I've already said where she was.  
2. After having his back corrected by the Doctor's which took months.  
3. The countdown was the detonator.  
4. Because he was freaking out and grabbed what he could. He wanted to intimidate Bane with smoke. 
5. Justification for what? 
6. There were a lot more than three dead cops.  
7. It was in the package Bruce left for him. Dear God, did you even watch the movie? 
10. No, they just assumed a smidgen of competency of behalf of the viewer. More fool them for it.  
11. It was an act specific to Gotham City, the same way the death penalty is only used in some states, this law was only in effect in Gotham. 
12. HE WASN'T ANYWHERE NEAR IT. AUTO-PILOT. SERIOUSLY, DID YOU WATCH THE MOVIE?
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Rumble Man said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Rumble Man said:

Avengers

12. want more?

7/10

1. She's living with Selina. You see her in one of the apartment things
  2. He tried. He couldn't move.
  3. That's not how nukes work. They need to be detonated.
  4. He wanted to prove to himself that he could win in hand to hand. It was all about his own arrogance. That was the whole point of that fight.
  5. See above
  6. They did shoot the cops. You saw several of them go down. Nolan just decided not to show a bunch of police officers being shot down in a PG-13 movie
  7. He doesn't know every detail about Batman. He knows what the Gotham PD knows. And he deduced his identity based on who Bruce Wayne was, not who Batman was.
  8. Seriously?
  9. And once again?
  10. It was a totalitarian act, they said that, and Bruce quit because of existential reasons.
  11. An act that was based around the word of the victim being placed above the rights of the accused? Yeah, it makes sense.
  12. I'm still waiting on a single point that doesn't make you sound like a nitpicking moron, or just plain dumb.
Wow, a class act you are.

maybe you need to chill, what the hell is wrong with you, this is a debate, people have different opinions, both are great in their own way, avengers was a better superhero movie but TDKR had a darker, more compelling story, i like them both, one of my all time favorite, though i though that TDK was better

What's wrong with me? Stupidity offends me. I'm tired of idiots. They don't have the decency to realise their own ineptitude, so I have to point it out to them. It's a thankless task, sure, but it needs to be done. 
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rumble Man

@InnerVenom123:

Or virginia tech when talking about foreign exchange

@FadeToBlackBolt:

1.That makes no sense at all. Before the scene after that? What? Regardless, I've already said where she was. - she was last seen with selina kyle at the wayne manor with her ready to party, no mention since.
2. After having his back corrected by the Doctor's which took months.
3. The countdown was the detonator.
4. Because he was freaking out and grabbed what he could. He wanted to intimidate Bane with smoke.
5. Justification for what? - even if he freaked out his gauntlet blades are always usable as they are attacked to his hands at all times
6. There were a lot more than three dead cops. - implied, not explicitly shown (that scene only though)
7. It was in the package Bruce left for him. Dear God, did you even watch the movie? - stop mentioning God in vain, package given after their meeting
10. No, they just assumed a smidgen of competency of behalf of the viewer. More fool them for it. - covering gaps with communism/terrorism symbolism does not fill the questions. Using the rachel pic was a cop out after bruce's line at the end of TDK.
11. It was an act specific to Gotham City, the same way the death penalty is only used in some states, this law was only in effect in Gotham. - that one is still out of the blue
12. HE WASN'T ANYWHERE NEAR IT. AUTO-PILOT. SERIOUSLY, DID YOU WATCH THE MOVIE? - got in the batplane as it got up while gordon, selina and palls said their goodbyes. Auto pilot was only mentioned after the explosion, with no mention before except that hint when lucius told him that the auto pilot is screwed.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheAcidSkull said:

yes but the avengers is a good film, one of my top actually, you can't really think someone is an idiot for liking a good film, i like it because it is a light hearted super hero movie , while the dark knight rises has a totally different tone, calking someone a retard just because they don't a agree with you is not right . for example , i hate twilight , i think it is a disgrace as both movie and a book, but i in don't call anyone stupid because they might like it?? that's all i trying to say

You're totally missing my point.  

I loved the Avengers. It was an awesome movie. It was not better than The Dark Knight Rises. It's perfectly fine to like it more, but it is not a better film.

This is an important distinction. As I said, it's Blade Runner vs Star Wars. Star Wars is fantastic and it's fun as Hell, but Blade Runner is the better movie.  

What I'm saying is that you have to be a simpleton to believe that the Avengers is a better film than Rises. Or, to be fair, just completely ignorant about film. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with liking the Avengers more, it's just not better. I like The Phantom Menace more than Attack of the Clones, but Clones is the better movie. 
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@TheAcidSkull said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

yes but the avengers is a good film, one of my top actually, you can't really think someone is an idiot for liking a good film, i like it because it is a light hearted super hero movie , while the dark knight rises has a totally different tone, calking someone a retard just because they don't a agree with you is not right . for example , i hate twilight , i think it is a disgrace as both movie and a book, but i in don't call anyone stupid because they might like it?? that's all i trying to say

I loved the Avengers. It was an awesome movie. It was not better than The Dark Knight Rises. It's perfectly fine to like it more, but it is not a better film.

This is an important distinction. As I said, it's Blade Runner vs Star Wars. Star Wars is fantastic and it's fun as Hell, but Blade Runner is the better movie.

What I'm saying is that you have to be a simpleton to believe that the Avengers is a better film than Rises. Or, to be fair, just completely ignorant about film. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with liking the Avengers more, it's just not better. I like The Phantom Menace more than Attack of the Clones, but Clones is the better movie.

Ok i get it, but shouldn't let someone's opinion get to you like that( unless of course they are stillborn fanboy's)

Can't help it. When someone posts something like that, I see red. 
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Rumble Man

@FadeToBlackBolt: Then again I am curious to your definition of a 'better' film, please use other examples to elaborate

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Rumble Man:   
The left is the better film;
Halloween vs Rob Zombie's Halloween 
The Silence of the Lambs vs Hannibal 
Se7en vs Saw  

You know the difference. The direction, the performances (which to be fair I'd say was even between Avengers and Rises, everyone was superb in their roles in both films), the depth and, though I hate the word, "themes"(where Rises utterly destroys Avengers), the cinematography. You just know the difference. A good movie will have you leave smiling, a great one will have you leave thinking.  
I'm not saying that Rises is on the level of something like 2001: A Space Odyssey, but it had a lot more substance than the Avengers. 
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rumble Man

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Wholly agreed on the examples provided whereas the original Halloween was better, silence of the lambs (was that the one with buffalo bill?) is better than the other one, se7en is an all time murder classic whereas hannibal resembled comedy at times. Direction was good nolan vs. whedon (although TDK was the best movie of '08), cinematography was good (TDKR has better sets though), I was smiling after avengers and angry after TDKR (personal reasons because bane is a fave vilalin of mine, his fate leaves a bad taste at my mouth. My main thoughts are **** wayne for being an angsty b!tch and selina kyle is a whore, because I thought the villains move the plot behind TDKR as their stories are more interesting than the heroes.

I would agree if you replace substance with drama.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43  Edited By Deranged Midget

I don't see the purpose behind the constant comparison of these films. It's a miracle that we actually received both of them in a single summer.

I enjoyed The Avengers more than I did TDKR, but it's impossible to deny that TDKR was the better film in regards to direction and overall production.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nickthedevil

Avengers. I was kinda disappointed by the Dark Knight Rises, but I guess that's because I liked Dark Knight better.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Dreadmaster

Hmmmm i was sure Batman would run away with this one. The Dark Knight Rises made me completely forget about The Avengers.

Liara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Liara

I like both movies. Both managed to catch the right atmosphere.

But if I have to decide, I would say Avengers.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By danhimself

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

and all of that is your opinion....films are art and that means that they are subjective

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@danhimself said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

and all of that is your opinion....films are art and that means that they are subjective

Thank you ever so much for that invaluable comment!
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By daredevil21134

Avengers by far.I hated Dark Knight Rises

zemensheb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zemensheb

@Rumble Man said:

Avengers

The rating that Rotten Tomatoes uses decides how many people like the film and not the quality of the film. How to train your dragon has a higher fresh meter rating than avengers and batman do, but it's actual review average is lower and that's what matters

TDKR is the better movie, I'm sorry for people who like the Avengers but that is a fact.