You are NOT a Holocaust victim, a Slave or Lost Your Land.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pooty

You were not in the Holocaust. You were not a slave. You were not alive when "your" land was taken. So what are you bitchin' about? I have heard so so so many people say "You don't know what my people went through" or "You don't know what it's like" or "You wouldn't understand". And my question is: "DO YOU"? How do you feel the pain of something that happened decades before you were born? How can you truly understand what it's like to have a whip going across your back? How can you smell the odor of people being gassed and burned to death? Why do you think you deserve land or money for losing a fight that happened 200 yrs ago? People seem to think the things their ancestors went through entitle them to something today. YOU WERE NOT THERE!!! YOU DIDN'T SURVIVE $HIT!! A few years ago there was a special showing of "Shindler's List". I went with a friend. No white people cried. No black people cried. But Jewish people were in tears like they were having a flashback. But they were less than 50 yrs old. Some of you drove here in a BMW or SUV. What are you crying about? African Americans ,in person and in the media, think they are deserved something for enduring slavery. I still hear African American's bring up 40acres and a mule. I have heard them say "My people endured slavery, I deserve better than this". Then make it better. Your ancestors would be disgusted if they could see some of the opportunities that are being wasted. Native Americans (to this day) receive benefits just for being Native Americans. What did they do to deserve this? Lose a war? Yes, Americans took your land but that is what happens in all of history. Why should you get treated special for been the descendent of some one you didn't know? My uncle died of cancer. I have no idea what that is like. And don't pretend to. So i'm asking: Is it truly possible to feel the pain of an ancestor? or is it just an excuse to get benefits and sympathy? Should certain groups get special treatment? Extra money for school or reduced taxes? What do you think?

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Can I ask what set you off on this rant?

I agree with you for the most part, just curious if there was anything in particular or just a culmination of things.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Night Thrasher

@pooty: Your right, as an African American I will say "I did not endure slavery". However, my grandfather was a generation removed from that time, my father came up during Jim Crow era, and I myself have endured through enough "isolated incidents" to make me wonder if it's a trend or a social disability. I can't speak for Jews or Native Americans, but I can say that the residual effects of slavery are still present to this day. Yes, there are plenty of wasted opportunities in my community but there may be as many if not more shattered dreams.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By utotheg38

@pooty said:

You were not in the Holocaust. You were not a slave. You were not alive when "your" land was taken. So what are you bitchin' about? I have heard so so so many people say "You don't know what my people went through" or "You don't know what it's like" or "You wouldn't understand". And my question is: "DO YOU"? How do you feel the pain of something that happened decades before you were born? How can you truly understand what it's like to have a whip going across your back? How can you smell the odor of people being gassed and burned to death? Why do you think you deserve land or money for losing a fight that happened 200 yrs ago? People seem to think the things their ancestors went through entitle them to something today. YOU WERE NOT THERE!!! YOU DIDN'T SURVIVE $HIT!! A few years ago there was a special showing of "Shindler's List". I went with a friend. No white people cried. No black people cried. But Jewish people were in tears like they were having a flashback. But they were less than 50 yrs old. Some of you drove here in a BMW or SUV. What are you crying about? African Americans ,in person and in the media, think they are deserved something for enduring slavery. I still hear African American's bring up 40acres and a mule. I have heard them say "My people endured slavery, I deserve better than this". Then make it better. Your ancestors would be disgusted if they could see some of the opportunities that are being wasted. Native Americans (to this day) receive benefits just for being Native Americans. What did they do to deserve this? Lose a war? Yes, Americans took your land but that is what happens in all of history. Why should you get treated special for been the descendent of some one you didn't know? My uncle died of cancer. I have no idea what that is like. And don't pretend to. So i'm asking: Is it truly possible to feel the pain of an ancestor? or is it just an excuse to get benefits and sympathy? Should certain groups get special treatment? Extra money for school or reduced taxes? What do you think?

Cool story Bro.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jezer

Do you really have to experience something first hand, or be around for something, to be able to feel the pain of it or empathize with it?

Like, why do I cringe when I see the bloopers of people hurting themselves when I wasn't hurt myself? Why do you feel sad when something bad happens to someone you know? Why do emotions transfer to people unrelated to them - just by seeing that emotion? Why are blind people able to sense the emotions of people they can't even see, in pictures?

The answer is empathy. Not to mention that the ramifications of those past actions against their ancestor could still be affecting them in present day.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

I AM ALL OF THE THINGS YOU SAID I'M NOT.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By utotheg38

@Night Thrasher said:

@pooty: Your right, as an African American I will say "I did not endure slavery". However, my grandfather was a generation removed from that time, my father came up during Jim Crow era, and I myself have endured through enough "isolated incidents" to make me wonder if it's a trend or a social disability. I can't speak for Jews or Native Americans, but I can say that the residual effects of slavery are still present to this day. Yes, there are plenty of wasted opportunities in my community but there may be as many if not more shattered dreams.

Man..........MUCH LOVE, SON!!!!!

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KnightRise

This rant is absolutely petty. But either way, this is America: be thankful for what you have, and work hard for what you want. Society is against you? Work harder and prove it wrong. This goes to anyone of any race, and OPs that want to have their assinine opinion supported by assinine arguements. "My[inserthere] got [inserthere] by [inserthere] and you don't see me complaining!" is childish enough.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By utotheg38

@KnightRise said:

This rant is absolutely petty. But either way, this is America: be thankful for what you have, and work hard for what you want. Society is against you? Work harder and prove it wrong. This goes to anyone of any race, and OPs that want to have their assinine opinion supported by assinine arguements. "My[inserthere] got [inserthere] by [inserthere] and you don't see me complaining!" is childish enough.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enemybird

This is like saying... "Your weren't on the hijacked plane on 9/11... what are your bitching about?" Obviously you don't have to physically be in the moment to feel its emotional effects. Its called empathy! I would't hold it against anyone who's ancestors were slaves for about 400 years and only about 60 or 70 years ago fought for & gained civil rights. How would you expect a race of people to just get over that in a generation of two? How ignorant wold you have to be to think that the majority of those people weren't directly effected by hundreds of yeas of inhumane injustice!?!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ssejllenrad

Dafuq?!?!?!?!?

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Vortex13

Interestingly, Native Americans are still getting f##ked over a lot. Did you know that most people that live in reservations are poorer then the rest of the country? Seriously look into how people on reservations live and the law structure. It's f##ked up. For instance they basically have no way to do in depth crime investigations because lack of equipment. Most people live in what are basically upscale shacks. It's messed up. I had to research it for a school project and the way they are basically forced to live is deplorable. Something like less than 1 percent actually escape the reservations. Not too mention there were somewhere in the numbers of over 50 million (at least) Native Americans living in this country before we arrived and now there are less than half a million. That's the largest genocide in the known history of the world. To me that would resonate with a people for hundreds of generations, and rightfully slow. Also just to know how persecuted or even hated your people were at some point would be upsetting to me. And it's not like those groups don't face any more persecution now. Most of the groups you mentioned still have a incredibly large amount of people in hate groups dedicated to inflicting harm on those groups.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fu*king khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Chronus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chronus

@pooty said:

So i'm asking: Is it truly possible to feel the pain of an ancestor? or is it just an excuse to get benefits and sympathy? Should certain groups get special treatment? Extra money for school or reduced taxes? What do you think?

No. Yes. No. No. I hate those people.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The past is the past, I live in the Now.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ARMIV2

@KnightRise said:

Awesomely put.

jcj145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jcj145

@Jezer said:

Do you really have to experience something first hand, or be around for something, to be able to feel the pain of it or empathize with it?

Like, why do I cringe when I see the bloopers of people hurting themselves when I wasn't hurt myself? Why do you feel sad when something bad happens to someone you know? Why do emotions transfer to people unrelated to them - just by seeing that emotion? Why are blind people able to sense the emotions of people they can't even see, in pictures?

The answer is empathy. Not to mention that the ramifications of those past actions against their ancestor could still be affecting them in present day.

But you are empathizing as a whole, not because it was a Caucasian, African American, or, Jew that hurt themselves. The OP is talking about specific races only concerned about their race's past. If it followed along your line of thought Caucasians would be striving to give African Americans their 40 acres and a mule and Africans would be weeping for the Holocaust whenever its mentioned, instead of being racial specific as was stated.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Gambit1024

@Chronus said:

@pooty said:

So i'm asking: Is it truly possible to feel the pain of an ancestor? or is it just an excuse to get benefits and sympathy? Should certain groups get special treatment? Extra money for school or reduced taxes? What do you think?

No. Yes. No. No. I hate those people.

This.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

I can agree with this rant.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MenaceForever2

Dude CTFO.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I'm trying to avoid the crude responses of emotion here...

Their are many people who try to use the past in their favor, but then again their are many people for whom the past is very present and apparent in their life.

I'm not white, I'm not black, I'm not anything but a human.

Empathy...get some.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By utotheg38

@nickthedevil said:

I can agree with this rant.

Not Surprised.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@DoomDoomDoom said:

I'm trying to avoid the crude responses of emotion here...

Their are many people who try to use the past in their favor, but then again their are many people for whom the past is very present and apparent in their life.

I'm not white, I'm not black, I'm not anything but a human.

Empathy...get some.

This.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By superstay

Dude????? dô¿õb

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pooty

@Jezer said:

@jcj145 said:

@Jezer said:

But you are empathizing as a whole, not because it was a Caucasian, African American, or, Jew that hurt themselves. The OP is talking about specific races only concerned about their race's past. If it followed along your line of thought Caucasians would be striving to give African Americans their 40 acres and a mule and Africans would be weeping for the Holocaust whenever its mentioned, instead of being racial specific as was stated.

@Enemybird: JcJ145 said it perfectly. You don't care what color the people on 911 were. They were people and that's all that mattered. I have never seen a Jew cry because blacks were slaves. I have never seen a black cry because of the holocaust. If you are going to care about people.....then care about people regardless of race. and stop trying to get credit for what someone else has done.

@Glitch_Spawn: I wouldn't be caught dead in alabama.

@Imagine_Man15: culmination of things. tired of people wanting credit for something they didn't do.

@utotheg38: Typical

@Night Thrasher: Yes the residual effects are still there. I agree with that 100%. But i don't think that the residual effects can account for the disparity in education, income etc.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mikethekiller

You know if you don't like minorities and whatnot come out and say it stop pussyfooting around.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pooty

@mikethekiller: I said exactly what I wanted to say, exactly how i wanted to say it. No editing needed