#1 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mitran (318 posts) - - Show Bio

that's awesome

#3 Posted by Immortal777 (7366 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn kids on COD.

#4 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who would rather go outside and play football or baseball instead of playing video games?

-$NG

#5 Posted by Transformers1024 (1810 posts) - - Show Bio

@supernategames: I agree. Video games are too much money and take up way to much time. And IMHO can be kinda boring.

#6 Posted by SheenLantern (6474 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who would rather go outside and play football or baseball instead of playing video games?

-$NG

Wow, aren't you special.

#7 Posted by War Killer (20145 posts) - - Show Bio

-$NG

Who says you can't play sports outside and play video games?

But one problem I've found and one that makes playing video games instead of going outside more appealing is simply due to location. For example, before I graduated from high school most of my friends didn't live anywhere near where I lived, therefore it made it more difficult for my friends and I to play sports outside. But it only takes a few clicks of the button and instantly I'm online with all of my friends playing games like COD or Battlefield.

I believe video games have become more popular simply due to it being easier to play with your friends. Being able to unite all of your friends together without even having to leave the comfort of your own home. But even then, if you are able to both play outside and play video game, I don't see anything wrong with that.

#8 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4774 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my god that was hilarious. I don't play online and so I am not familiar with this but this was hilarious.

The stand out one's was "screw me, his name is clever," "I don't want to say his gamertag," and the lil kid, "oh I know why he calls himself that."

Buttah I don't know why people don't just use nicknames. If I played online, I'd probably use nicknames, screw trying to say everyones exact gamer tag

and

$NG, you are not alone. But there needs to be more kids like you.

(+)

#9 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems fake. And who says someone's full gamer tag during a game?

#10 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by laflux (15424 posts) - - Show Bio

-$NG

Perhaps........

#12 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by _Zombie_ (10400 posts) - - Show Bio

Read about this on tumblr. That's some clever sht.

#14 Edited by judasnixon (6511 posts) - - Show Bio

-$NG

#15 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

-$NG

No.... is there any point or did you just wanted to feel special?

#16 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh: Not really. I always hear people saying full GTs

LOL no. No one is going to belt out 4 syllables when they can two. Well... maybe the players that are constantly losing. I think you are trying too hard to believe this story.

#18 Posted by frogdog (3246 posts) - - Show Bio

-$NG

#19 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh: I like how you're telling me what I do and don't hear. That's pretty cool

#20 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh: I like how you're telling me what I do and don't hear. That's pretty cool

You sound just like the noob I killed with a knife in-game today. Your gamertag wouldn't happen to be xxTeabaggeRxx would it?

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE IT!!

#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh: people say full tags but rarely in game. They'll say them in the lobby talking sh1t before/after matches mostly and you definitely wouldn't be cake to get so many videos of it. You're on to something.

#23 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh: people say full tags but rarely in game. They'll say them in the lobby talking sh1t before/after matches mostly and you definitely wouldn't be cake to get so many videos of it. You're on to something.

Thank you! A man that knows his multiplayer.

#24 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9619 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@khan_noonien_singh: Lots of people..?

More like no one ever.

Depends on the name, obviously. A short name would be said in full and a longer one would be broken up. But, yeah, I do find it weird that people took the time to say XBOX SIGN OUT lol

#28 Posted by Dr_Harlequin (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people call me Harlequin.

But I get a lot of people on xbl that say my full gamertag. Especially the ones that I just met/first encounter.

#29 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh said:

@peppeyhare said:

@khan_noonien_singh: Lots of people..?

More like no one ever.

Depends on the name, obviously. A short name would be said in full and a longer one would be broken up. But, yeah, I do find it weird that people took the time to say XBOX SIGN OUT lol

Lol yeah true.

#30 Posted by SC (12977 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! That's pretty awesome.

On a side note: this is yet another reason to not like Kinect.

#32 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: You're calling me out when he did the exact same thing? I find that bias offensive.

#33 Posted by SC (12977 posts) - - Show Bio

@khan_noonien_singh: He paralleled you to a noob he killed he killed with a knife in game and then asked you if your gamer tag was teabagger, when he learned that your experienced was different than yours? Or when you expressed skepticism and asked a question about the likelihood of people voicing gamer tags did he reply to you sincerely based on his own experiences, which naturally may be different from your experiences, doesn't make any insistences about it?

If you can correct me and point me to any part of their dialogue towards you I might have missed where they repeated similar dialogue to yours, you'll have my thanks, apologies and I can ask them to refrain from doing that too.

#34 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@khan_noonien_singh: He paralleled you to a noob he killed he killed with a knife in game and then asked you if your gamer tag was teabagger, when he learned that your experienced was different than yours? Or when you expressed skepticism and asked a question about the likelihood of people voicing gamer tags did he reply to you sincerely based on his own experiences, which naturally may be different from your experiences, doesn't make any insistences about it?

If you can correct me and point me to any part of their dialogue towards you I might have missed where they repeated similar dialogue to yours, you'll have my thanks, apologies and I can ask them to refrain from doing that too.

Nope. He displayed passive-aggressive behavior, which is what you decided to publicly lash me over.

I am not going to direct you anywhere. I trust you to do your job and read ALL hostile exchanges and not just the one that was reported.

#35 Posted by SC (12977 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not going to direct you anywhere. I trust you to do your job and read ALL hostile exchanges and not just the one that was reported.

He displayed passive aggressive behavior by telling you that lots of people online in multiplayer video games say full gamer tags, when you expressed skepticism over that? You don't think that might just have been sincere and that a more appropriate reaction to that would have been to tell them that thats extremely rare experience for you and that you doubt its commonness? I mean its possible he might have been passive aggressive to you, but I sincerely don't see it, like at all.

The other poster seems pretty genuine and doesn't be trying to cast doubt on anything you said, rather than inform that there experience has been different. At one point they refer to you telling them what they hear but they are accurate in that. You did reply to them telling you their account with a no, as opposed to telling them your experience is so different you doubt their account or broader claim. So my apologies I can't see anything that justifies your commentary "You sound just like the noob I killed with a knife in-game today. Your gamertag wouldn't happen to be xxTeabaggeRxx would it?"

Have you entertained the idea that you potentially picked up passive aggressiveness where there isn't any and reacted to that unfairly? Oh and its alright this isn't a lashing, its not even a warning, its a politely worded request you don't infer other CV users as "teabaggers" or parallel CV users with "noobs you killed with a knife" come on man, you must be aware how inappropriate that is. If you feel that another poster's comment towards you warranted such a reply then flag that comment instead and another moderator will see it and thats how things work. My thanks for your trust. If you wish to continue this we can in PM alright?

#36 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

He displayed passive aggressive behavior by telling you that lots of people online in multiplayer video games say full gamer tags, when you expressed skepticism over that? You don't think that might just have been sincere and that a more appropriate reaction to that would have been to tell them that thats extremely rare experience for you and that you doubt its commonness? I mean its possible he might have been passive aggressive to you, but I sincerely don't see it, like at all.

The other poster seems pretty genuine and doesn't be trying to cast doubt on anything you said, rather than inform that there experience has been different. At one point they refer to you telling them what they hear but they are accurate in that. You did reply to them telling you their account with a no, as opposed to telling them your experience is so different you doubt their account or broader claim. So my apologies I can't see anything that justifies your commentary "You sound just like the noob I killed with a knife in-game today. Your gamertag wouldn't happen to be xxTeabaggeRxx would it?"

Have you entertained the idea that you potentially picked up passive aggressiveness where there isn't any and reacted to that unfairly? Oh and its alright this isn't a lashing, its not even a warning, its a politely worded request you don't infer other CV users as "teabaggers" or parallel CV users with "noobs you killed with a knife" come on man, you must be aware how inappropriate that is. If you feel that another poster's comment towards you warranted such a reply then flag that comment instead and another moderator will see it and thats how things work. My thanks for your trust. If you wish to continue this we can in PM alright?

Come now SC, you are a very intelligent person. Surely I do not have to explain to you that sarcasm is a trait of Abrasive behavior, which is a specific subtype of Passive-Aggressive behavior. I know you are smart enough to recognize that fact. I can just as easily make the claim that YOU have picked up on passive-aggressiveness where there was none as I was merely giving an anecdote and his posts seemed very similar to my previous experience. Could we not just as easily make the assumption that I was legitimately asking a question? I mean we might as well if we are assuming what is clearly sarcasm is not.

I never called anyone a teabagger. That was actually the gamertag of someone I terminated with a knife in-game. I'm not sure if you are a gamer or not but you have a lot of liberties when it comes to making yourself a gamertag and some people find humor in such names. The claim that I inferred that someone is a teabagger is dangerously close to fabrication on your part, as I did no such thing. As I explained before, that was the gamertag of an individual and there is absolutely no reason why I would censor such a tag as it breaks absolutely no rule.

If I am guilty of taking a piss, then I do expect you to come down on me for it (I can sometimes get snippy when I haven't eaten... hypoglycemic) but I also equally expect you to come down on others for the same behaviors.

I see no reason for the PM honestly. I've said my peace, now I will just wait for you to make a just decision.

#37 Posted by SC (12977 posts) - - Show Bio

I never called anyone a teabagger. That was actually the gamertag of someone I terminated with a knife in-game. I'm not sure if you are a gamer or not but you have a lot of liberties when it comes to making yourself a gamertag and some people find humor in such names. The claim that I inferred that someone is a teabagger is dangerously close to fabrication on your part, as I did no such thing. As I explained before, that was the gamertag of an individual and there is absolutely no reason why I would censor such a tag as it break absolutely no rule.

If I am guilty of taking a piss, then I do expect you to come down on me for it (I can sometimes get snippy when I haven't eaten... hypoglycemic) but I also equally expect you to come down on others for the same behaviors.

Sarcasm can be a trait but not a rule of abrasive behavior. There's a difference. Yes you can make the claim that I picked up on passive aggressive behavior where there was none and that you were giving an anecdote. Is that what you would like to sincerely claim now? We can also assume your question was legitimate, so was your question sincerely legitimate? Neither were the genuine byproducts of annoyance or frustration with another poster and that any perceived offense or insult from your comments were purely accidental that you would apologize for them seeming that way and assert that you meant no offense or injury and were being sincere?

I agree you did not call anyone a teabagger directly but regardless of whether that was a legitimate username you encountered online you should know that its inappropriate to use that sort of questioning with people without that title, and not have it be considered offensive. If you didn't know, I am telling you that now.

Taking the piss is okay in a jovial light sense, but this seems more like a defensive overreaction to defend poor behavior and an attempt to excuse ones poor behavior by selling the idea others behavior is just as poor, when there is actually a lot of difference between your behavior and the poster who you interacted with. If you really do think the poster you addressed is guilty of the same behavior as you, flag their specific comment and someone else can review it, then move on. I don't warn people just for sarcasm. Maybe get something to eat before replying.

#38 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

I never called anyone a teabagger. That was actually the gamertag of someone I terminated with a knife in-game. I'm not sure if you are a gamer or not but you have a lot of liberties when it comes to making yourself a gamertag and some people find humor in such names. The claim that I inferred that someone is a teabagger is dangerously close to fabrication on your part, as I did no such thing. As I explained before, that was the gamertag of an individual and there is absolutely no reason why I would censor such a tag as it break absolutely no rule.

Sarcasm can be a trait but not a rule of abrasive behavior. There's a difference. Yes you can make the claim that I picked up on passive aggressive behavior where there was none and that you were giving an anecdote. Is that what you would like to sincerely claim now? We can also assume your question was legitimate, so was your question sincerely legitimate? Neither were the genuine byproducts of annoyance or frustration with another poster and that any perceived offense or insult from your comments were purely accidental that you would apologize for them seeming that way and assert that you meant no offense or injury and were being sincere?

I agree you did not call anyone a teabagger directly but regardless of whether that was a legitimate username you encountered online you should know that its inappropriate to use that sort of questioning with people without that title, and not have it be considered offensive. If you didn't know, I am telling you that now.

Taking the piss is okay in a jovial light sense, but this seems more like a defensive overreaction to defend poor behavior and an attempt to excuse ones poor behavior by selling the idea others behavior is just as poor, when there is actually a lot of difference between your behavior and the poster who you interacted with. If you really do think the poster you addressed is guilty of the same behavior as you, flag their specific comment and someone else can review it, then move on. I don't warn people just for sarcasm. Maybe get something to eat before replying.

• It is a specific trait UNDER passive-aggressive behavior. Also, anyone using abrasive behavior doesn't necessarily need to use sarcasm but using sarcasm does mean you are using abrasive behavior. That is the distinction.
  • In this situation, both are true. I was giving an anecdote of an actual experience, but I was kind of taking a piss too.
  • No, I disagree with you on that. There is literally no other direct way to ask a person if that is their gamertag if one suspects a person to be the owner. To be offended by it merely because of the gamertag is jumping to emotional extremes without just cause.
  • It isn't an overreaction. I expect you to dish out lashing equally. So far, you have not done so and thus, I have a problem with your choice of actions. I am not going to mince words when I legitimately feel you are wronging me in an unbalanced and public misuse of your responsibilities. I'm not saying it's typical of your behavior but that is how I feel about your choices in this particular situation.
  • I have flagged passive-aggressive behavior before (a few times this week). You and all the other mods have chosen on multiple occasions to turn a blind eye to it. What am I to assume other than it is acceptable behavior?
  • I'm not asking you to warn anyone. As you have pointed out, you have not even given me a warning. But you did come down on me unfairly and until the person that wronged me is also publicly shamed, I intend to defend my position.
  • Yes, I can predict the symptoms of my disorder before the fact.
#39 Posted by SC (12977 posts) - - Show Bio

• It is a specific trait UNDER passive-aggressive behavior. Also, anyone using abrasive behavior doesn't necessarily need to use sarcasm but using sarcasm does mean you are using abrasive behavior. That is the distinction.
  • In this situation, both are true. I was giving an anecdote of an actual experience, but I was kind of taking a piss too.
  • No, I disagree with you on that. There is literally no other direct way to ask a person if that is their gamertag if one suspects a person to be the owner. To be offended by it merely because of the gamertag is jumping to emotional extremes without just cause.
  • It isn't an overreaction. I expect you to dish out lashing equally. So far, you have not done so and thus, I have a problem with your choice of actions. I am not going to mince words when I legitimately feel you are wronging me in an unbalanced and public misuse of your responsibilities. I'm not saying it's typical of your behavior but that is how I feel about your choices in this particular situation.
  • I have flagged passive-aggressive behavior before (a few times this week). You and all the other mods have chosen on multiple occasions to turn a blind eye to it. What am I to assume other than it is acceptable behavior?
  • I'm not asking you to warn anyone. As you have pointed out, you have not even given me a warning. But you did come down on me unfairly and until the person that wronged me is also publicly shamed, I intend to defend my position.
  • Yes, I can predict the symptoms of my disorder before the fact.

Under but not exclusive to. Well yes on one hand your introducing an idea that you were actually innocent of any passive aggressive behavior and on the other hand your asking that others be administered for their passive aggressive behavior. At this point it again seems like deflection caused by an overreaction. Why waste both or our times by introducing the idea that you were innocent of any hostility?

There is a difference between being offensive and being offended. You are aware of this correct? Correct me if I am wrong but you do possess the awareness that asking someone if their gamertag is that of a teabagger can be seen as a veiled insult? Would this awareness not lead you to being respectful and polite to a person whilst asking whether they are that user? Except this is getting silly now, your either lacking the sort of awareness that would prevent you from realizing what you said was offensive in which case your defensive attitude and tone is unnecessary or you are very aware of the nature of how what you said could be a veiled insult and you are trying to obfuscate the matter. If you sincerely want to ask Comicvine users their user tags, be aware of what can be considered offensive and approach accordingly, so we don't disagree about the ability to question but the style of approach.

Your claiming that I should 'dash out lashings equally' but your perception of what offensives are equal seem very different to mine. If you have a problem with my choice of actions, you can make a formal complaint or you can try to point me to an example of behavior similar to yours that you feel has gone unaddressed. From here on now though we won't clutter up this thread with this matter, so send me a private message or use the comicvine email service to make a complaint. I feel I have entertained your points enough.

It could just be that myself and fellow moderators do not see infringements where you see them, and if you think that a poster disagreeing with you about what people say online is similar in any way to your line about whether they are a noob you killed with a knife in game and asking them whether they have the user tag of teabagger then I think I might see where the disconnection lies.

You may defend your position in private message or by making a formal complaint, from here on any off topic comments not related to the X-Box Sign Out Troll will result in pruning/deleting comments and possibly warnings. My apologies but this is tiring and I feel I have extended fairness in addressing your concerns but at this point it just seems like attempts and excuses at deflection and justifying your poor choice of words to another user.

#40 Edited by JetiiMitra (8528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a gamer, but I see no reason to disbelieve the video, considering the username was an odd one and we have no idea how many games the guy played to get the response he wanted.

That said, clever. I applaud that level of troll competence. It was funny. And @laflux: 's reaction worries me.