#1 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you still want to buy this console?

#2 Posted by Bluff_ (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#3 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Should have called it the Nazi Box

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm.................What f***ery is THIS?!

#5 Edited by Pyrogram (35143 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhh

#6 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Should have called it the Nazi Box

LOL...........this is accurate

#7 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20787 posts) - - Show Bio

Greed is their downfall.

#8 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

It's bad enough that I have to listen to PC owners brag about their superior systems, but now I've gotta deal with THIS B.S. as well? These money whores better start allowing me to mod ish without consequence.......that's the only thing that will make up for this awful and crappy set of rules

#9 Posted by sagejonathan (1824 posts) - - Show Bio

This console is trash. They are trying really hard to screw gamers over. I'm a playstation person, but I think for the most part the 360 was about equal to the PS3. That being said, PS4 is going to destroy Xbox One.

#10 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7589 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a Xbox person, but now it's time to head on over to Sony.

No more getting into arguments with my friend whenever he says 'Brokebox'

#11 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always been a Xbox person, but now it's time to head on over to Sony.

No more getting into arguments with my friend whenever he says 'Brokebox'

I ain't lettin go of my 360. These tricks done lost it

#12 Edited by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of these rules don't work within the EU or certain parts of the world.

#13 Posted by SergeStorms (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to go ahead and assume this is not correct. I looked around on the website posted and didn't see this. I then found articles that refute a lot of this stuff. So I am not going to panic until the final specs come out.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29662 posts) - - Show Bio

<-- Proud to be a Playstation owner.

PS4, here I come!

#15 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just ridiculous.

#16 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

PS4, here I come!

I'm with ya.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (29662 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

PS4, here I come!

I'm with ya.

I'm even more thankful since I tried to play Injustice at a friend's house on his 360.

I can't stand the D-pad on that thing. It was painful to use. I was all the more thankful that I owned a PS3.

#18 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by JediXMan (29662 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to go ahead and assume this is not correct. I looked around on the website posted and didn't see this. I then found articles that refute a lot of this stuff. So I am not going to panic until the final specs come out.

Unless they really patch themselves up for E3 and take back their comments, that information is legit, as of their press conference (I think it was last week or something like that).

#20 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:
@thegreyoutcastx said:
@jedixman said:

PS4, here I come!

I'm with ya.

I'm even more thankful since I tried to play Injustice at a friend's house on his 360.

I can't stand the D-pad on that thing. It was painful to use. I was all the more thankful that I owned a PS3.

I used to co-own a 360 with my brother, but I later bought a PS3 and I have never regretted the decision. I can't even remember the last time I touched a 360 controller.

I stopped playing 360 with my friend. All we used to play was Halo, but ever since I gave him my old PS3, we stick to PS3 when we hang now.

#21 Edited by InnerSuperman (858 posts) - - Show Bio

greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't really change my opinion on the console thus far, it's exactly what I expected. Excited to see what both Microsoft and Sony are going to dish out at E3 though, everything after that will be chaotic! Although, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Sony comes out detailing a model no less similar to this. Only time will tell!

#23 Posted by Inner_Demon (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage: A wise move, considering the new console will also be incompatible with any games you may have purchased off of the XBLA.

#24 Posted by russellmania77 (14607 posts) - - Show Bio

man f**k all this mess, im going back to super Nintendo, wheres my donkey kong and super Mario bros game at

#25 Posted by SovereignDivinity (82 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9558 posts) - - Show Bio

#28 Posted by Bruxae (12649 posts) - - Show Bio

I had too.

And here I was planning on possibly giving Xbox a chance after being PS exclusive all my life.

#29 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

Just the fact that it's an Xbox alone means it's a piece of trash and I won't buy it. Those are bonuses.

#30 Posted by frogdog (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

The Times confirms the xbox one features

http://techland.time.com/2013/06/07/microsofts-xbox-one-used-games-policies-are-clear-as-mud/

Also this website shows why the comparison to steam is wrong

But Steam Does The Same! And You Can't Trade iOS Games!

These two ridiculous counter-arguments have popped up in defence of Xbox One not allowing you to trade in or gift games, etc etc. It's not a 1-to-1 example, so it doesn't work as a counter-argument.

The main factor is price. Steam sales are more frequent and more flexible than anything we've seen on console and that feels like a fair compromise for not being able to trade used games (as an example).

It's not that gamers will sell-out their ethics for the right price. It's a value proposition. It's the same reason no-one asks to trade iOS games - they're so cheap to begin with, there isn't a huge outlay you want to make back via trading in.

So what can we expect from Microsoft on the pricefront? Let's have a look at five random Games On Demand prices:

SoulCalibur IV

- £19.99 (£4.19 used from Amazon)

Mini Ninjas

- £14.99 (£10.95 used from Amazon)

Dead Space

- £14.99 (£4.37 used from Amazon)

Sonic Free Riders

- £14.99 (£4.35 used from Amazon)

The Outfit

- £11.99 (£1.97 used from Amazon)

Now those prices are for Xbox 360 and with Xbox One taking a huge chunk out of the used games market, Microsoft could argue that this will be reflected in flexible and reasonable prices for Xbox One titles.

But why should we believe that? There's been zero evidence so far to suggest this will happen and history points to inflated prices versus competitors. All we have is Microsoft is saying something might happen (prices go down) at the expense of something thatwill happen (you lose game ownership rights). That's about as flimsy as it gets.

Furthermore, Steam has mods. Steam has offline play. Steam has alternatives.

This is the problem with Xbox One. Microsoft will use EA's partnership to bully its way towards mass market success - if Respawn's TitanFall becomes the new Call Of Duty (doubtful but certainly possible) then Microsoft will have EA support for that alongside FIFA and Madden. Throw in the heavy push for TV and dream to conquer the living room and where does that leave us?

There is no alternative in Microsoft's walled garden - only outside of it.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1955108/xbox_one_its_for_publishers_not_for_you.html

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage: A wise move, considering the new console will also be incompatible with any games you may have purchased off of the XBLA.

...........................................................................................................................Who the hell OK'd THIS?! PC people still get to at least mod their crap without consequence. Microsoft is demanding way too damn much, and it's a shame, because I've always liked the XBOX................This is a hot mess. And WHY do they insist on shoving kinect down our throats? If I wanted it, I WOULD'VE BOUGHT IT!!! This is some bull