WWYD if you learned your partner was transgender?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman said:

I'd be mad, but if I like them, I'd get over it. I'm not shallow, I'd stay with her, if she's hot.

Lol.

he better have turned himherself into a hottie or it would be a waste. "Total control over your appearance and you chose THAT?!" I mean a 6 is dateable because you're cool, but i found out you could have made yourself a 10? I'm out

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Question.....how is this any different from someone like a 30 year old lying about their age to a 15 year old? Would that not be looked down upon? Would that not be looked down upon by you? Then how could you possibly think lying about gender isn't extreme when you think lying about the date in which you were born is? Not telling someone that you are a transgender is rape. You should go to jail for doing something like that. Period.

And then how could you get annoyed by someone if they say ew? Why shouldn't they say ew? Are they expected to like people of the same sex? Is everyone expected to be gay and if you're not then something is wrong with you and you're unreasonable? They are not sexually attracted to someone so ofcourse if they have sex with them they'll think it's ew. Just as if you found out you had sex with an animal you would think it's nasty also. And if your friend tricked you into have sex with an animal then I doubt you would even talk to them anymore. People have sex with animals and you may accept that but that doesn't mean that it what you want for yourself.

But ofcourse this will go unanswered and then have shade thrown at it...

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Did you just compare gay sex to bestiality?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Props to you for posting some though provoking bits on this topic throughout the thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@wardemon32: Why are you constantly dismissive of your own points?

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Wardemon32

@greatcaesarsghost said:

@wardemon32: Did you just compare gay sex to bestiality?

Ugh. The comparison wasn't how bestiality and homosexuality was the same....it was your sexual desire to both topics which is 0.

Edit: I didn't use the STD because some people have already shown they were a bit too sensitive to the lines between wanting to know what the person truly is and have.

@wolverine08 said:

@wardemon32: Props to you for posting some though provoking bits on this topic throughout the thread.

No problem.

@squares said:

@wardemon32: Why are you constantly dismissive of your own points?

How so?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Wolverine008

After a lot of thought, I think I've finally come to decision about this particular issue that has been presented. In the hypothetical situation presented, I'd most likely leave/cut off communication with the transgender person in question. I can understand and sympathize with the cultural/social norms that would make someone carrying this type of predicament hesitant to coming out, but at the end of the day, not telling a future partner about something like that and essentially trying to trap them into a relationship with you after they find out is deceitful even if it is not intended to be so. It also plays with emotions and takes them for granted and you can't try hide behind fear to legitimize that type of deceit. The best thing to do in this type of situation would be for the transgender person to come out to a potential partner even if they feel hesitant and let them decide if they can handle it. Trust is an important part of a relationship, and letting a partner have to find out about something like this is not a very sound way to build that aforementioned trust.

Though, now that I think about it, we should also try create a society in which a transgender person wouldn't feel fear about coming out.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

If the operation was so flawless, that I couldn't tell the difference, I might stay.

The bigger deal would be the lie for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like this. In many of your posts on this thread so far you've been all 'oh but nobody will pay attention to this anyways'. Why do you keep doing that?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After a lot of thought, I think I've finally come to decision about this particular issue that has been presented. In the hypothetical situation presented, I'd most likely leave/cut off communication with the transgender person in question. I can understand and sympathize with the cultural/social norms that would make someone carrying this type of predicament hesitant to coming out, but at the end of the day, not telling a future partner about something like that and essentially trying to trap them into a relationship with you after they find out is deceitful even if it is not intended to be so. It also plays with emotions and takes them for granted and you can't try hide behind fear to legitimize that type of deceit. The best thing to do in this type of situation would be for the transgender person to come out to a potential partner even if they feel hesitant and let them decide if they can handle it. Trust is an important part of a relationship, and letting a partner have to find out about something like this is not a very sound way to build that aforementioned trust.

Though, now that I think about it, we should also try create a society in which a transgender person wouldn't feel fear about coming out.

I liked you better when you would troll with wrestling gifs. This enlightened version of you doesn't bring the lulz.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@wardemon32 said:

Like this. In many of your posts on this thread so far you've been all 'oh but nobody will pay attention to this anyways'. Why do you keep doing that?

Because from being on his website for so long(and real life frequent debates) that I already realize that people have this sort of ego where they always think their right. When they see something they know they can counter they are quick to jump at it but when someone makes a post that makes you think and possibly change you stance and perspective on things it goes unanswered and that person stays humble....still not wanting to accept the facts. If they did reply then your opinions would have been changed but that's not what you want. Instead they attack the stupid comments who are terribly getting their point across only to lead others to think they are right so they have just put the thought in peoples heads that you are wrong even though they haven't even replied to you. It's a common practice between people. Once you think you're right but your answers are based off of another persons thought then your line of reasoning just stops where they revealed so you continue to think you're right. You may think what I just said is stupid but maybe if you actually pay attention to things a bit more(not trying to offend you but this is directed to a lot of people) then you will PROBABLY understand.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Ok, Trollverine08 is back!

No Caption Provided

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Ohhh, I get it, you're insulting the rest of the people in the thread. Classy.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pac-man ᗧ͇̿ · · ᗣ͇̿ᗣ͇̿ᗣ͇̿ᗣ͇̿

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By marvel_boy2241
No Caption Provided

@erik: Would you smash lol?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Wardemon32

@squares said:

@wardemon32: Ohhh, I get it, you're insulting the rest of the people in the thread. Classy.

No I'm not trying to insult anyone. I'm just saying most people just ignore(atleast publicly) the thought out post that makes them question themselves.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: Nah, you're being condescending. Like, really condescending.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd be so angry.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: Not sure what I said to earn your disappointment. I have a big problem with lies in a relationship. If you think that is excusable, then more power to you. I don't share that view.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By marvel_boy2241
pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By pikachumonster

Shame, I'd feel terrible for not spotting something so obvious

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: @joygirl: what did I do to deserve this hate thrown my way? Perhaps, if I explain.

For guys, the gender line for most guy (including me) is very clear cut. I am interested in women, more importantly, one that can help raise a family and carry on my bloodline. I'm not dissing transgendered peeps by saying I am not interested. And if someone lied to me about something that big, I would be rather ticked off and be offended.

People can't control how they were born, and what gender they were, but that being said, I don't want a (legal) female, it frankly isn't the same thing, and I'm being completely serious.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@wolverine08: I'm disappointed in you. @erik: I'm disappointed in you too. @cable_extreme: And you. @wardemon32: You're an awful person and should be ashamed.

Haha this actually put a big smile on my face. Do you mind explaining why I am wful rather than just stating it because you simply disagree with me? You're awful and should be ashamed. Why? Because you sit here and promote rape.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@wardemon32: Nah, you're being condescending. Like, really condescending.

I'm being condescending because I realize and point out what people like to do? I'm not trying to be condescending but how could I not sound condescending while doing this?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@wolverine08: I'm disappointed in you. @erik: I'm disappointed in you too. @cable_extreme: And you. @wardemon32: You're an awful person and should be ashamed.

Haha this actually put a big smile on my face. Do you mind explaining why I am wful rather than just stating it because you simply disagree with me? You're awful and should be ashamed. Why? Because you sit here and promote rape.

Hmm exactly

I mean everyone is awful really. Maybe I think you're awful because you think people should be able to lie if the lie is good enough, or benefits one party in a certain way.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241:

How awkward would it be if your parents looked through your histoy and found out you were looking up hot transgender women haha

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Vaeternus

Be like WTF, then question myself how I couldn't tell and then hopefully not kill myself from humiliation and disgust.

NOTE: I have nothing against Gays or Transgenders. Just posting my view as someone straight.

P.S. wasn't there a movie about that? The guy literally got sick when he found out this chick he thought was actually a guy? Crying something or other?

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is interesting.
This thread is interesting.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Yeah she's hot alright. But I would refrain from her because she was born male. I hope that doesn't make me a bigot or whatever. I can't help what I like. I could befriend her though because she probably has hot non-transsexual model friends. In fact, that's one time I'd want to be friend-zoned.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Yeah she's hot alright. But I would refrain from her because she was born male. I hope that doesn't make me a bigot or whatever. I can't help what I like. I could befriend her though because she probably has hot non-transsexual model friends. In fact, that's one time I'd want to be friend-zoned.

Some how you've managed to be both open minded and close minded at the same time. Congratulations on that paradox.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus: I know I would feel discussed if that happened to me, the fact that the transgender female would lie to me with something as intimate as sex.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241:

How awkward would it be if your parents looked through your histoy and found out you were looking up hot transgender women haha

DUDE I know! I didn't know what to search at first. So I was just like "Hot transsexuals" in Google. Silly mistake to say the least. BIG mistake.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I got to know her as a transgender and things happened from there, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I don't think you are a bigot for not wanting to be with a transgender woman though. If someone is interested in a transgender partner, they would seek such a person out. Just like I have a thing for blonde women, so I seek them out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: It's your phrasing. You make it sound like everyone else is in the dark about some amazing secret to...whatever, and you're the only enlightened one.

Which is funny because nothing you've said so far has been anything but obvious. Of course people who get into arguments don't like or just won't admit they're wrong, that's basic stuff. Of course people usually think they're right, that's just how people think. Of course people will target the weakest points in an argument, they're the weakest points and therefore the easiest to refute.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@marvel_boy2241:

DUDE I know! I didn't know what to search at first. So I was just like "Hot transsexuals" in Google. Silly mistake to say the least. BIG mistake.

Invisible mode and clearing your history are your friend. :P