WWE why did they stop the blood?

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

I haven't really watched WWE in about 5 or 6 years, but when I used to they used to get all bloody. I've started watching a few episodes recently, and haven't seen anyone get bloody, is there a reason for that?

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By transcendence

The last time I watched WWE was a triple threat match between Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and Seth Rollins. It got real bloody near the end.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's a kids show now, i remember when Man Kind porked a "dead" girl live, if wrestling was still edgy Id watch it

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rouflex

@ccraft: The blood was a weak trick.

Pillasy:La Voix d'un homme

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PG Era happened.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a kids show now, i remember when Man Kind porked a "dead" girl live, if wrestling was still edgy Id watch it

But they sure did know how to disrespect Paul Bearer death...

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last time I watched WWE was a triple threat match between Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and Seth Rollins. It got real bloody near the end.

That match was damn good. Pardon for the language.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By transcendence

@micah said:

@transcendence said:

That match was damn good. Pardon for the language.

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

They toned everything down after Chris Benoit killed himself and his family.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I remember when that happened...

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Because it blows...

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@xwraith said:

I actually enjoyed WWE the most after Benoit died circa 2007-2008...now i't's just unbearable.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a difference between being edgy and being good. Even back then when they had allusions to necrophelia, that wasn't the good part of wrestling. The good came from the different characters and matchups that happened.

Oh, and they actually had a tag team division.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Miss McMahon ran for congress.

I know the internet golden rule is that Edgy = Good, but I'll leave you this Jim cornette quote "I'll hit you with this chair and I'll bet you bleed alot when I do it cause I hit you real hard. How much talent did that take?"

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@scouterv said:

@cgoodness said:

There's a difference between being edgy and being good. Even back then when they had allusions to necrophelia, that wasn't the good part of wrestling. The good came from the different characters and matchups that happened.

Yeah remember that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They ran out of ketchup.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@cgoodness said:

Yeah remember that?

Back when they had teams like The Hardy Boyz/Team Extreme, The Dudley Boys, Edge and Christian, just to name a few.

The sad thing is, it's not hard. They have enough people on the roster. Hell they threw Kidd and Cesaro together and made a pretty nice team. Now if they could do that again, and not break them up in two month, that'd be nice.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@scouterv said:

@cgoodness said:

Yeah remember that?

Back when they had teams like The Hardy Boyz/Team Extreme, The Dudley Boys, Edge and Christian, just to name a few.

The sad thing is, it's not hard. They have enough people on the roster. Hell they threw Kidd and Cesaro together and made a pretty nice team. Now if they could do that again, and not break them up in two month, that'd be nice.

Problem with Gold and Star Dust. I loved their team (They were better before the Stardust) But they always gotta have tag team internal feuds and that ruins the division.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE went public and because of shareholder's the board thought it would be best if they went PG instead of TV-14, the more kid friendly = more stocks is the thinking, that's why there is no more blood, and is the reason John Cena's finisher name went from the FU to Attitude Adjustment, and his submission from STFU to STF.

*edit* what also played a factor was the toy deal with mattel, who is the largest toy company for action figures are pg oriented

@transcendence said:

wasn't that long ago, but hell it's the best match of the year so far

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@scouterv said:

@cgoodness said:

Yeah remember that?

Problem with Gold and Star Dust. I loved their team (They were better before the Stardust) But they always gotta have tag team internal feuds and that ruins the division.

Honestly, I like the team either way, but minus The Wyatt Family and The Shield, they had no real interesting competition while they had the titles. Seems like every other match it's vs. The Matadores.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

PG Era happened.

THIS.

I read an interview where Vince fined Batista like 60 thousand dollars for cutting himself in the ring for the blood effect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because its the PG/Reality era as they call it, and the show is geared a little bit more towards kids now. There's still the occasional swear, or sex joke, but most of the time they don't use blood anymore. Occasionally someone will actually bleed for real though.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By micah007123

@sodamyat said:

@micah said:

PG Era happened.

THIS.

I read an interview where Vince fined Batista like 60 thousand dollars for cutting himself in the ring for the blood effect.

I heard about that. Honestly if you wanna have the show be less violent that's cool (it's always been about the wrestling techniques, wrestlers, personality, rivalries ect. More than the violence) but when you go overboard and obviously make it extra kid friendly that's where I draw the line.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still try to keep in mind it is not real....

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it may be scripted but it's very real. The damage they take is real, the work they put in it is real and there are no stunt doubles si the danger is very real too...

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rouflex

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@chimeroid said:

it may be scripted but it's very real. The damage they take is real, the work they put in it is real and there are no stunt doubles si the danger is very real too...

Their abscence from home is also a reality... Not worthing it.

24 500th Post

Pilasy:La Voix d'un homme

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PG-era sucks

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Link, please how do I find this?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder: the danger is real but trust me it is acted out and their moves are made up in a way that they do NOT get hurt unless someone messes up... Go to any martial art dojo, see what a single punch does then figure out what would a lariat to the throat do to a person... They would be dying like lemmings if those moves weren't an act...

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder: the danger is real but trust me it is acted out and their moves are made up in a way that they do NOT get hurt unless someone messes up... Go to any martial art dojo, see what a single punch does then figure out what would a lariat to the throat do to a person... They would be dying like lemmings if those moves weren't an act...

i take tae kwon do so I already know and yes they preform the moves in a certain way so no major famage is felt but their bodies still get bruised and battered and they still feel the pain

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Benoit happened

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder: Exactly, i know it is dangerous but if there is blood that means there has been a mistake. It should never be done on purpose just to entertain more.. people would literally die there...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness said:

Link, please how do I find this?

of course you'd wanna see it

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Do you want me to link you the definition of writing and grammar? Think it would be eye opening.....

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan:

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/emotional-health/anger-management.htm

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kids mate

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Because all the pretty boy wrestlers nowadays are too scared to cut their pretty little faces open.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because all the pretty boy wrestlers nowadays are too scared to cut their pretty little faces open.

Haha I dare you to say that to thier faces.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the way guys do bleed these days, its just not intentional. I actually prefer it that way :)

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I liked it better in the old days, blood everywhere!

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaden Smith was born

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wrestling will never be what it was in the late 70's early 80's.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided