Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

its 2013. this shouldn't be a big deal. good to see wwe is standing by him.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern23: well as in stupid as in 90's slang meaning "cool"

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Aiden Cross

@gambit474: Actually, it can be difficult to admit. Just because you don't have an issue with it (which is good :) ) it doesn't mean other people don't either. And as long as there is still prejudice towards homosexuality it'll remain ahot topic. And one that needs attention wetter you like it or not.

But about the rolemodel thing, i don't watch wrestling so i wouldn't know if he's populair or not. That said, he can still inspire young people. You don't need to be extremely populair to have fans :)

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: Actually, it can be difficult to admit. Just because you don't have an issue with it (which is good :) ) it doesn't mean other people don't either. And as long as there is still prejudice towards homosexuality it'll remain ahot topic. And one that needs attention wetter you like it or not.

But about the rolemodel thing, i don't watch wrestling so i wouldn't know if he's populair or not. That said, he can still inspire young people. You don't need to be extremely populair to have fans :)

Some people will always have issues with something whether it be skin color,gender,height,weight,yes sexual orientation,and just about everything else..That's typical human behavior and that'll never change. However the only reason homosexuality is such a big deal these past few years is because people and the media make it out to be that way..I for one don't give a crap if he's gay because it still doesn't change the fact that he's a jobber and boring. In wrestling terms jobber means he,and his partner Titus,usually lose to other wrestlers to promote them or make them look good.

As for WWE supporting this..I doubt WWE cares whether he's gay or not. They'll do anything to make money or be the center of attention..They've been doing it for years

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lykopis

@aiden_cross said:

Some people will always have issues with something whether it be skin color,gender,height,weight,yes sexual orientation,and just about everything else..That's typical human behavior and that'll never change. However the only reason homosexuality is such a big deal these past few years is because people and the media make it out to be that way..I for one don't give a crap if he's gay because it still doesn't change the fact that he's a jobber and boring. In wrestling terms jobber means he,and his partner Titus,usually lose to other wrestlers to promote them or make them look good.

As for WWE supporting this..I doubt WWE cares whether he's gay or not. They'll do anything to make money or be the center of attention..They've been doing it for years

I wouldn't point out his position as a popular or "good" wrestler as being a poor reason as a role model. It 's more that anyone who is gay should be able to participate in a rigorous and physical sport and not be afraid to admit they are gay. That's what can be looked up to, not the quality of wrestler he is. However, while he might not stack high against other WWE wrestlers, he got into WWE and that in itself is a tremendous accomplishment.

I'm not touching your opinion about why you think homosexuality "is such a deal" these past few years. It's an opinion and it's yours.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

@gambit474 said:

@aiden_cross said:

I wouldn't point out his position as a popular or "good" wrestler as being a poor reason as a role model. It 's more that anyone who is gay should be able to participate in a rigorous and physical sport and not be afraid to admit they are gay. That's what can be looked up to, not the quality of wrestler he is. However, while he might not stack high against other WWE wrestlers, he got into WWE and that in itself is a tremendous accomplishment.

I'm not touching your opinion about why you think homosexuality "is such a deal" these past few years. It's an opinion and it's yours.

The thing is he isn't the first guy in a sport/athlete/whatever..since we can't really describe wrestling,professional anyways,as a real sport..To have come out and admitted to being gay. He's not even the first since as one's mentioned Orlando Jordan,because bisexual is still half gay,and there's been others like Kanyon and such. This just looks like a cry for attention to me

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I was sure that he was gay but I really want to see what Titus thinks.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#59  Edited By SC  Moderator

@tdk_1997 said:

Big dawg Titus O'Neil **bark bark bark** Has commented that he already knew Young was gay and that he is proud of him and that its no big deal. Him and Young seem close in real life, Titus has a family and they know Darren Young well too and supportive of him. He was surprised that Young did it but proud too. I am more interested in what Titus Uncle Pancake Patterson has to say about this. There are a few links and interviews out there. He tweeted this too "I'm VERY PROUD of @DarrenYoungWWE He's been like Family 2Me&My Kids And that won't Change!" and he posted a picture of his family and him with Darren - very cool ^_^

My own two cents towards thread.

Not sure how people can see as a cry for attention either, Darren Young didn't make a press conference or start telling people out of the blue. He answered a question asked of him. Then things blew up. The reason why people also find this significant is because the WWE is also known for having awfully one dimensional stereotypes with its characters as far as various ethnicities and nationalities, with gender, well with everything. The spirit was always a bit fun and since most of the characters were limited it tended to balance out things. So seeing how they will treat its first openly gay superstar will interest people. In 50 years hopefully when such questions are asked no one will really care in the sense that homosexuality is accepted and considered normal and mundane but that will only come when the heavy resistance and passive aggression towards homosexuality fade away.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Big dawg Titus O'Neil **bark bark bark** Has commented that he already knew Young was gay and that he is proud of him and that its no big deal. Him and Young seem close in real life, Titus has a family and they know Darren Young well too and supportive of him. He was surprised that Young did it but proud too. I am more interested in what Titus Uncle Pancake Patterson has to say about this. There are a few links and interviews out there. He tweeted this too "I'm VERY PROUD of @DarrenYoungWWE He's been like Family 2Me&My Kids And that won't Change!" and he posted a picture of his family and him with Darren - very cool ^_^

It's great that his teammate is proud of him and is behind his back in this.I love the PrimeTime Players and I am glad that they understand each other and have each other's backs.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SC  Moderator

@tdk_1997: Agreed! **starts singing** Millions of Dollars, Millions of Dollars!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Making moves,Making moves,Making million dollar moves! :P

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

I feel that the 'be a star' speeches the wwf superstars give at ppv public town hall meetings are scripted like the storylines but that's my opinion and youre sticking it to it

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc said:

@tdk_1997 said:

My own two cents towards thread.

Not sure how people can see as a cry for attention either, Darren Young didn't make a press conference or start telling people out of the blue. He answered a question asked of him. Then things blew up. The reason why people also find this significant is because the WWE is also known for having awfully one dimensional stereotypes with its characters as far as various ethnicities and nationalities, with gender, well with everything. The spirit was always a bit fun and since most of the characters were limited it tended to balance out things. So seeing how they will treat its first openly gay superstar will interest people. In 50 years hopefully when such questions are asked no one will really care in the sense that homosexuality is accepted and considered normal and mundane but that will only come when the heavy resistance and passive aggression towards homosexuality fade away.

It won't ever fade away..Discrimination will always exist in society. Blacks have had their rights and such for many many years now..Yet that doesn't stop some from being racist against them. Women..They still get discriminated against by some over gender and such..The list goes on and on. All of these things are considered "normal and mundane" however the only way true "equality" could ever be achieved would be to mind control and brainwash everyone because you'd have to change actual human nature to prevent such things from occurring. I don't believe in equality..I do however believe in justice

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Why is this such an issue?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator

@gambit474 said:

Sure but depends on how one defines it. There is a massive difference between fade away and fade away absolutely completely. Often modern day thinking can conclude that we are a very violent species, but relatively speaking, when looking at fossils of early ancestors and how many were killed in violent conflict compared to today, violent behavior and conflict have faded away substantially. A lot more people now days though and there is still a lot of violence around that will probably fade away as well. Point is today a person will probably die of health related issues, we as thousands of years ago it would have been a stone axe to the skull. We know how other patterns will be affected as well. So its a bit like someone 100 years ago saying that smallpox will always exist in society. Depends how you define it. Its not really around anymore. The more interactions people have with each other the less discriminatory they are, even without people realizing it. Things like television, phones, and now internet and social networking change how discrimination works and our oldest generations at the moment were still born in an area when internet wasn't in their childhood, so its not a comparison with with laws and rights and how that affects behavior is quite different. When children go online and realize white American kids, black American kids, English half white and black kids, Japanese kids, white Australian kids, Aborigine Australian kids, etc thousands of different combinations when they go online at realize all those kids have similar interests in Marvel comics, television shows like Korra and movies like Hunger Games they tend to stop caring over the kind of stuff some of their more insecure and emotional and ignorant great great grandparents did.

In reality many people have stopped being bigots because its also human nature to be curious and introspective and ego helps too. people can be driven to know and learn things. When they know better they act and behave better for the most part. No brainwashing or mind control necessary at all. Greater awareness, better parenting and education has been killing ignorance for thousands of years now. Just depends on what one knows. You don't believe in equality as an ideal or as an actual thing? I don't believe in equality as an actual thing either myself. Humans are basically pretty much designed to believe in justice from a chemical perspective. Even babies and monkeys believe in the SHIELD justice.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I feel that the 'be a star' speeches the wwf superstars give at ppv public town hall meetings are scripted like the storylines but that's my opinion and youre sticking it to it

Umm what?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Wasn't professional wrestling already pretty gay? It's just a soap opera with greased up half naked men and way too few women. Many of us grew out of it shortly after we realized it was mostly choreography.

Perhaps I'm being too cynical but I feel like whenever an athlete comes out in 2013 it's really only to build a fanbase and promote their own careers (self interest>civil rights for gays).