#1 Posted by Shiryu (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, this thread was made because I am SO pissed off that Brad Pitt was confirmed to play Thor.Any thoughts about this terrible choice? Please respond.  Who would you recommend for this part? For me, Edge or Triple H.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio
Shiryu said:
"

Okay, this thread was made because I am SO pissed off that Brad Pitt was confirmed to play Thor.Any thoughts about this terrible choice? Please respond.  Who would you recommend for this part? For me, Edge or Triple H.

"

Brad Pitt isn't confiremd to be Thor,where did you get that?
#3 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

He was good as Achilles, I dont see why he couldn't pull off Thor.

#4 Posted by Shiryu (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"He was good as Achilles, I dont see why he couldn't pull off Thor.
"

True, I guess this thread was pretty unnessecary.
#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Shiryu said:
"Gambler said:
"He was good as Achilles, I dont see why he couldn't pull off Thor.
"

True, I guess this thread was pretty unnessecary."
Its not unnecessary, its a pretty good topic actually. Welcome  to the vine.
#6 Posted by Shanana (53026 posts) - - Show Bio

edge...hhh?

nah brad pitt will suffice

#7 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

um i guess he'll be able to pull it off but i can't imagine him in the costume

#8 Posted by Mr President (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Whered you hear this

#9 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio
Sha said:
"edge...hhh?

nah brad pitt will suffice"
Edge or Triple H will suck, neither one can really act.  I'd prefer Brad Pitt.
#11 Posted by Leroy (128 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Brad Pitt now? What happened to Pauly Shore?

#12 Edited by Breast Master (142 posts) - - Show Bio
Leroy said:
"It's Brad Pitt now? What happened to Pauly Shore?"

Oh please! Like they would ever have Shore play Thor! Pfft! Next you'll tell me that someone cast Topher Grace to play Eddie Brock!

Ha, ha, ha, ha... oh... uh, yeah. They actually did cast him to be Eddie Brock.

Huh.

Guess Pauly Shore it is... buuuuuuuuuuudy!
#13 Posted by Virago (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should have reltively unknown actors to play superheroes. It would add SO much to the character; rather than have everyone thinking about other movies Pitt's been in while watching him as Thor. Ugh. Hollywood can really piss me off.

#14 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Virago said:
"I think they should have reltively unknown actors to play superheroes. It would add SO much to the character; rather than have everyone thinking about other movies Pitt's been in while watching him as Thor. Ugh. Hollywood can really piss me off."

i agree to a point there...

some unknowns are good for superheroes, i mean look at Watchmen, that movie wouldn't really work with an A-list cast....

but then again, look how well Batman Begins turned out with Christian Bale as Batman...

it really does depend on the actor and the character they're supposed to be portraying as we all picture characters differently

M
#15 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, Avengers is going to be an expensive project. I can see Brad playing Thor. I mean everyone was up in arms about Downy Jr playing Tony Stark but he nailed it. I trust Marvel's decisions when it comes to their films.

#16 Edited by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Wow, Avengers is going to be an expensive project. I can see Brad playing Thor. I mean everyone was up in arms about Downy Jr playing Tony Stark but he nailed it. I trust Marvel's decisions when it comes to their films.
"

I don't...

i saw X-men 3, The Hulk and Spiderman 3 laughytaffy

M
#17 Edited by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, but all those movies were licensed out someone else to destroy, now that Marvel is putting up their own scratch to back their movies they wont make mistakes, not when the Avengers are on the line. I think the major problem with those films was more that Marvel was naive enough to trust someone else with their material. Avengers has pretty much taken it's place as the flagship for Marvel these day, they aren't gonna screw it up.

Side note: Spidey 3 is by far underrated by most, Spider-Man 2 was near perfection, it was a tough act to follow.

#18 Posted by Holacik (558 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Side note: Spidey 3 is by far underrated by most, Spider-Man 2 was near perfection, it was a tough act to follow.
"
I agree to an extent.  Spider-Man 2 is a tough act to follow, but Spider-man 3 tried to cram to much into it and it suffered for it.
#19 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I...don't know...

I rarely watch any movies anymore, so I havent seen any of Pitt's recent stuff, but I'm sure he  couldnt be THAT bad

#20 Posted by Death Flame (505 posts) - - Show Bio

why are u choosing wrestlers to act as thor for one thing thewy cant act (and ironicly thats their job :D) and yah Brad Pitt as thor is sooo stupid =(

#21 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

If I was going to cast Brad as anyone, it would be Captain America. We've discussed the problem with casting Thor before, wrestlers and athletes are the only people who have the physique but they can't act. On the otherhand, anyone who can act will have to bulk up considerably or rely on a mountain of CGI.

#22 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio
ALL the Spiderman movies sucked royally. Spidey 2 just happen to suck less than Spidey and Spidey 3. The Hulk was better than all 3 of them in my opinion. I'm still upset that Lucas decided to listen to the whining fans and not cast Leo DiCaprio as Anakin - instead we got Hayden Christensen which was terrible. Pitt is an awesome actor, but I don't think he can do Epic - which is what a Thor movie will need to be: LotR-esque. I didn't like Troy. Pitt as Cap would be perfect, but McConahey (or however you spell it) would be good too (Reign of Fire sold me on his acting ability and physicality) - in fact I think he would do a better job as Thor than Pitt.

All in all, a movie is only as good as the director and script. The Spidey movies could've been awesome with all the actors that was in it, but the script and the director. . . sucked. Hulk is the easiest hero to do: "Hulk Smash". Banner and Betty are generic characters so it's up to the director to make it what is should be. Brian Singer is 0 for 3 in the superhero movie business as far as I'm concerned. A great director can make a terrible actor awesome, and a bad director can make a great actor terrible.

Enough of me ranting. Pitt as Thor, eh. I could see it.
#23 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Wow, Avengers is going to be an expensive project. I can see Brad playing Thor. I mean everyone was up in arms about Downy Jr playing Tony Stark but he nailed it. I trust Marvel's decisions when it comes to their films.
"
ill agree with that

When i heard that Downy was going to be Tony i sent my uncle the longest rant/hate mail towards MArvel ive ever written. But then after seeing the stills of him as tony then finally the movie they couldnt have found a better actor to play him.

So ill give Pitt some slack cause as much as he is a pretty boy hes been able to pull off some badass characters
#24 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow  !  Brad Pitt is gonna play Thor  ?  Hmm...thats very interesting
#25 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23049 posts) - - Show Bio

oooooooo i like brad pitt as thor seeing they look a little similar but i dont know how hes gonna pull of the body

i would have liked if he could act the wrestler jericho he looks like thor and like sentry

#26 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

and matt damon will be loki

cause he's MATT DAMON