Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

I am a fan, still i am a fan of Pro Wrestling as a sport entreteiment show. 
I dont mean, fans of the male soap opera called WWE or TNA, that only care about  who is in TV.  
Any other fans?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
right here 
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
@King Saturn:
Well it looks like if we were the only fans of this sport. 
Or meaby some people just think people will make fun of them in a forum, where 90% of the people call on the streets a nerd and they wish to be what teen girls call all that.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
ha ha... well I am not afraid to admit I still like Pro Wrestling... 
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By lagoon_boy
Well, Pro wrestling is still popular and fun, though i don't watch it as often as i did before.
Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Harlekin

I've been watching alot of NJPW on there YouTube site.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
@Harlekin:
Cool, i do like Japanese wrestling but i only like smaller guys like Kota Ibushi.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Destron81

I am a fan, though I have slowly lost interest in the American stuff. I miss Austin and the Rock.

I enjoy Japanese wrestling; NJPW, NOAH, AJPW. DDT is fun and I miss Hustle.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
@Destron81:
You should watch american indy, is really funny and have very good gimmicks.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Destron81

I follow ROH. I found 2002 - 2006 American Indy to be really fun and exciting.

I guess I need to get bit by another wrestling bug.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still miss the good old days on the 90s, when rey was the Human Higligth, storyline dont care, kids and women dont watch wrestling and for the same was awesome.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
WWE is so weak these days
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn:
Is called the pg factor, the WWE dont notice Kids and women dont buy ppvs, tickets or anything abotu wrestling, for the same they have big problems, past wrestlermania dont sell all the tickets, they have to give like 300 for free and still the stadium was almost empty, the ppv sales were so low, that was the less selling wrestlermania ever and they obtain more money from T Shirts and magzines that from wrestling, also the female division dont have to many fans and for the same everything that have Divas, dont sale that much. 
The WWE only care about make money, then for the same he have deals with McDonalds and other campanies, but still they win less money this years that during the Monday Nigth Wars and the Attitude era.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Destron81

The 80's were about kids too though. I remembered being a Hulkamaniac; can not stand him now. I stopped watching when I was 7yo but then Austin and the Attitude Era happened and I was hooked again.

I miss Austin, the Rock, and Goldberg; destructive Undertaker and Kane as well. Brock was awesome as well.

@King Saturn: 

Tell me about it. Besides C.M. Punk, I do not like anyone in the WWE; and not even Punk can get me to watch the show for 2 hours. I just can not find anyone worth cheering for like back in the 90's.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Destron81:
I miss Austin and the Rock, but i hate Goldberg. 
I always liked Mysterio, but doay, the crazy, dont do that Rey or dont do that Evan thing, is insane, they let them use sledgehammers but they could never use a brainbuster. 
The main problem is HHH and he being married with the daugther of the owner.
He try to destroy Punk, he try to take Mysterio out, he help Batista to take Booker T out. 
TNA also have big problem for the fact Hogan does the same that HHH, they belive they are the kings of the universe.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

I'm a fan...not as much as I used to be but still a fan...

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jake Fury:
Why you stop watching?
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Destron81
@DeathpooltheT1000: 

Goldberg and the luchadors were the only things I liked about WCW. I was a WWF fanboy lol. WWE does love their move restrictions.

I never liked HHH. He killed Raw during the 2002 - 2005 era with his belt hogging. Smackdown was so much better. Just like Jarrett killed TNA's momentum by first taking the belt from Raven in 2005 and then in 2006 from Christian. IMO Bound For Glory 2005 should have been Rhino vs. Raven; keeping Rhino as that menacing heel he debuted as). In 2006, it should have been Sting (as champion) losing to Samoa Joe. TNA failed to build new stars by relying on Sting and every ex-WWE wrestler that was released. Kurt I can understand but Jarrett was never a creditable main-eventer IMO. Once they got Christian, Jarrett should have taken a backseat. Joe (trust no one gimmick like Stone Cold), Styles (seriously, this guy is TNA and should always be a face), Abyss (back when he was cool. Monsters should not speak. Looking at you Kane), Monty Brown (Brock Lesnar-like push), a violent heel Rhino, Kurt, and Christian would have rocked the main event scene if done right. I would still use Steiner and Sting on special occasions and build up Chris Daniels. Instead they buried Rhino, Styles, and Joe, forced Monty and Christian to leave, made Abyss a joke, and fired Daniels.

Do not get me started on the Hogan and friends TNA Invasion of 2010. I did not like the MEM storyline but I would gladly revisit that era instead of what we have now.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By progenitorigin
@Destron81 said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000:   Goldberg and the luchadors were the only things I liked about WCW. I was a WWF fanboy lol. WWE does love their move restrictions. I never liked HHH. He killed Raw during the 2002 - 2005 era with his belt hogging. Smackdown was so much better. Just like Jarrett killed TNA's momentum by first taking the belt from Raven in 2005 and then in 2006 from Christian. IMO Bound For Glory 2005 should have been Rhino vs. Raven; keeping Rhino as that menacing heel he debuted as). In 2006, it should have been Sting (as champion) losing to Samoa Joe. TNA failed to build new stars by relying on Sting and every ex-WWE wrestler that was released. Kurt I can understand but Jarrett was never a creditable main-eventer IMO. Once they got Christian, Jarrett should have taken a backseat. Joe (trust no one gimmick like Stone Cold), Styles (seriously, this guy is TNA and should always be a face), Abyss (back when he was cool. Monsters should not speak. Looking at you Kane), Monty Brown (Brock Lesnar-like push), a violent heel Rhino, Kurt, and Christian would have rocked the main event scene if done right. I would still use Steiner and Sting on special occasions and build up Chris Daniels. Instead they buried Rhino, Styles, and Joe, forced Monty and Christian to leave, made Abyss a joke, and fired Daniels. Do not get me started on the Hogan and friends TNA Invasion of 2010. I did not like the MEM storyline but I would gladly revisit that era instead of what we have now. "

Triple H gets dogged a lot, but from 2000-2005, he worked hard to get where he was and proved he could hold the belt when no one else was reliable.  People like Cody Rhodes even openly talk about admiring and following HHH for his professionalism and dedication to his work.  Madison Square Garden never heard a pop in pro wrestling like they did when HHH returned after his injury.  Hogan made a mistake in trying to make Abyss his "John Cena."  Abyss is just an amalgamation of Mankind and Kane.  AJ Styles and Kazarian actually have a lot of talent, but they need to be pushed further and advertised to be taken more seriously. 

John Cena is what put the nail in the coffin that made WWE weak and watered down, WWE has never reached a peak since the Attitude Era.  HHH and Undertaker are probably the only 2 superstars that still get a genuine pop like the old days.  Dolph Ziggler is actually damn good, and the fact that they gave him the sleeper hold as a serious move is great--they tried doing that years prior with Triple H, but he didn't stick with it.  Jack Swagger has a lot of potential, and giving him the ankle lock is a good idea, he may not be in the same league as Kurt Angle or Ken Shamrock, but he has a decorated amateur wrestling past, so he can pull a technical maneuver like that off. 

CM Punk is being so miswritten and so misused it's not even funny, back during his first reign as champion, he actually gave great matches, but nowadays they portray him as a coward hiding behind the SES.  CM Punk is a great worker in the ring, can pull off some great moves, and has great mic skills, if he were written better, he could be headlining right now.  That's one of the biggest mistakes I think WWE made--writing garbage for CM Punk and turning him into a jobber. 

RVD is becoming overrated, he's messing up his own frog splashes, rolling thunders, he needs to shape up and start wrestling like he did back in ECW if he wants to be the face of TNA, he's too comfortable where he is right now.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Destron81

I may not like HHH but I do admire his dedication to the business. While I was a fan of Goldberg I know he was only in it for the money.

Abyss is certainly not a John Cena. I think A.J. is, with some mic work. He never should have become a heel and allied with Flair. As a face he is really entertaining and can get the crowd going. A shame that they never pushed him to that superstar level in 2006. He would be killing it right now. Abyss should have skipped the Hogan Lantern Corps phase and returned to the monster; bringing James Mitchel back to become his manager again. Kaz should have received the Flair's partner gimmick that they tagged on A.J.

I was really pulling for Cena when he was a heel rapper. That gimmick was great but then his raps became watered down and he shifted towards a face role. Now he sucks. I think Cena was born to be an arrogant heel.

Spot on about CM Punk. The guy is very entertaining but is getting dumped on. It's nice to hear that submission moves are making their return. The Masterlock was a nice idea; he is back in the WWE right?

I have never liked RVD and always found him overrated. He is very comfortable because he is getting paid big bucks and handed the world title on false beliefs that he will bring ratings; which he is not. The guy cuts some of the worst promos ever.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@progenitor said:
"@Destron81 said:
" @DeathpooltheT1000:   Goldberg and the luchadors were the only things I liked about WCW. I was a WWF fanboy lol. WWE does love their move restrictions. I never liked HHH. He killed Raw during the 2002 - 2005 era with his belt hogging. Smackdown was so much better. Just like Jarrett killed TNA's momentum by first taking the belt from Raven in 2005 and then in 2006 from Christian. IMO Bound For Glory 2005 should have been Rhino vs. Raven; keeping Rhino as that menacing heel he debuted as). In 2006, it should have been Sting (as champion) losing to Samoa Joe. TNA failed to build new stars by relying on Sting and every ex-WWE wrestler that was released. Kurt I can understand but Jarrett was never a creditable main-eventer IMO. Once they got Christian, Jarrett should have taken a backseat. Joe (trust no one gimmick like Stone Cold), Styles (seriously, this guy is TNA and should always be a face), Abyss (back when he was cool. Monsters should not speak. Looking at you Kane), Monty Brown (Brock Lesnar-like push), a violent heel Rhino, Kurt, and Christian would have rocked the main event scene if done right. I would still use Steiner and Sting on special occasions and build up Chris Daniels. Instead they buried Rhino, Styles, and Joe, forced Monty and Christian to leave, made Abyss a joke, and fired Daniels. Do not get me started on the Hogan and friends TNA Invasion of 2010. I did not like the MEM storyline but I would gladly revisit that era instead of what we have now. "
Triple H gets dogged a lot, but from 2000-2005, he worked hard to get where he was and proved he could hold the belt when no one else was reliable.  People like Cody Rhodes even openly talk about admiring and following HHH for his professionalism and dedication to his work.  Madison Square Garden never heard a pop in pro wrestling like they did when HHH returned after his injury.  Hogan made a mistake in trying to make Abyss his "John Cena."  Abyss is just an amalgamation of Mankind and Kane.  AJ Styles and Kazarian actually have a lot of talent, but they need to be pushed further and advertised to be taken more seriously.  John Cena is what put the nail in the coffin that made WWE weak and watered down, WWE has never reached a peak since the Attitude Era.  HHH and Undertaker are probably the only 2 superstars that still get a genuine pop like the old days.  Dolph Ziggler is actually damn good, and the fact that they gave him the sleeper hold as a serious move is great--they tried doing that years prior with Triple H, but he didn't stick with it.  Jack Swagger has a lot of potential, and giving him the ankle lock is a good idea, he may not be in the same league as Kurt Angle or Ken Shamrock, but he has a decorated amateur wrestling past, so he can pull a technical maneuver like that off.  CM Punk is being so miswritten and so misused it's not even funny, back during his first reign as champion, he actually gave great matches, but nowadays they portray him as a coward hiding behind the SES.  CM Punk is a great worker in the ring, can pull off some great moves, and has great mic skills, if he were written better, he could be headlining right now.  That's one of the biggest mistakes I think WWE made--writing garbage for CM Punk and turning him into a jobber.  RVD is becoming overrated, he's messing up his own frog splashes, rolling thunders, he needs to shape up and start wrestling like he did back in ECW if he wants to be the face of TNA, he's too comfortable where he is right now. "

@Destron81 said:
"I may not like HHH but I do admire his dedication to the business. While I was a fan of Goldberg I know he was only in it for the money. Abyss is certainly not a John Cena. I think A.J. is, with some mic work. He never should have become a heel and allied with Flair. As a face he is really entertaining and can get the crowd going. A shame that they never pushed him to that superstar level in 2006. He would be killing it right now. Abyss should have skipped the Hogan Lantern Corps phase and returned to the monster; bringing James Mitchel back to become his manager again. Kaz should have received the Flair's partner gimmick that they tagged on A.J.  I was really pulling for Cena when he was a heel rapper. That gimmick was great but then his raps became watered down and he shifted towards a face role. Now he sucks. I think Cena was born to be an arrogant heel.Spot on about CM Punk. The guy is very entertaining but is getting dumped on. It's nice to hear that submission moves are making their return. The Masterlock was a nice idea; he is back in the WWE right? I have never liked RVD and always found him overrated. He is very comfortable because he is getting paid big bucks and handed the world title on false beliefs that he will bring ratings; which he is not. The guy cuts some of the worst promos ever. "

Also i hate HHH, for the fact he helps people he likes, even when fans hate them or they are horibly bad guys, like his friend Batista, that once say to a kid, you are fat and make him cray or Sheamus, who lost a real life figth with Yoshi Tatsu, this say by other WWE guys, he once try to destroy Punk for the fat he dont like Punk, but the fans save Punk. 
Punk is overrated since his indy days, but the WWE dont like wrestler use to many moves, one of the reasons, by the fact many "wrestlers" in the company have a very limited moveset. 
I dont care about TNA they pass from WCW Best Years to WCW Worst Yers. 
I care more abou the new company that try to be big in the USA.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Destron81

I was not a fan of Batista but he had his moments; another wrestler who is a better heel than face. I hate Sheamus; talk about being shoved down the fans throats from day one.

TNA is such a sad story in the wrestling history. All they had to do is try not to be WCW and ECW.

I am interested in this new company but employing X-Pac? I am so sick of him. He is another guy the give chances to and he messes them up. I would laugh if all the young guys from TNA go to this new company. I would laugh harder if the boss gives Heyman the deal he is asking from TNA.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Destron81:
Yeah, i know Paul Londo, Suprcrazy, i mean this guys, still gives hell of a matches, but X Pac is old, and is sad, but to give job to a bunch of old people was the mistake that WCW and TNA make.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Destron81

You can have two or three old guys who can still work and draw fans but X-Pac is not that guy.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Destron81:
Is hard to say it, but wrestling is going old, i mean same wrestlers and same storylines and same moves.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Destron81

They do need to find a way to make it exciting. That is what the X-Division was to me before they neutered it.

I like aerial moves but even in wrestling video games they find a way to cut them down lol.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Destron81:
Yeah, trhe crappy "game play", the bigger guy always wins. 
I rememebr Rey in the 90s, the WCW let him did anything he wants, then he enter in the WWE and they change his moveset. 
I mean, why the wrestling companies dont noice most of fans dont like Storylines, the rating, ppvs selling and even dvd selling are low. 
I mean during a time Jericho was bigger that HHH, people love him so much and he was a small guy.
Destron81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Destron81

I do not mind weight detection in games but hate that by the time you climb to the top rope the guy is already on his feet.

Rey was awesome in the 90's and when he first arrived in the WWE. Then he slowed it down. Aging sucks.

Some storylines do get boring. I hated the MEM storyline because I did not care for the veterans. I think the Nexus storyline is great. There are also certain matches I do not want to see. The feud between Eric Young and Robert Roode in 2007 went on far too long. Roode had so much potential to be an upper card/main eventer but was stuck with boring Young. I also do not care to see Sting in every Bound For Glory main event. I could not stand JBL; the most boring era for Smackdown. I could not watch as faithfully as I did before.

I was always a fan of Jericho. He can put on great matches and has an impressive arsenal of moves.