Wrestlemania 28

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Jayso4201

I am a pro-wreslting fan mostly the older stuff from the 80's and 90's but I still do check in with it from time to time. This years Wrestlemania intrigued me with the HHH vs. Undertaker match and the Rock vs. Cena match. The whole PPV seemed to signal one thing to me: the end of the old guard and the start of the new. The Undertaker match was perfect exactly how it should have been with HHH falling to the Deadman and letting everyone know who the man in the WWE has been for 20 years. My problem came in the Cena match, I am NOT a John Cena fan and probably never will be, to me he is Hulk Hogan and everything that is wrong with the business. For years, we have been force-fed the line by Vince McMahon that everything is about passing the torch and setting things up for the new guys to come in and take over. Its how the business keeps on continuing, but last night when Cena dropped that match to the Rock it was clear that rule does not apply to everyone. That was the situation with Andre vs. Hogan and the incident in montreal with Michaels vs. Hart. Cena HAD to win that match! It would have been better for business, it would have shown that he was the legitimate figure for this era, but he lost and now all we come out of it with is that this era will never hold a candle to the Attitude era of old. It wasn't right the Rock should have dropped that match to Cena, to keep things business and keep them progressing the way they should.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Realistically: Even though Cena should have won, Rock's ego would never had let him lose because Rock needs to be the show stealer. Just like when he beat Austin at XIX, IMO the last good wrestlemania.

Symbolically: Just further evidence that the Attitude Era will never be beaten by the PG era.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By acer1_

Cena never needed to win to prove himself the man of his era's generation. He has been doing that for years,

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayso4201

@ArturoCalaKayVee: True story, I was never a big Rock fan either, but IMO what happened last night was a travesty. Unless they are planning on turning this into a long running feud that Cena eventually wins he shouldn't have won last night. I mean when The Rock faced Hogan at 18 he lost to the Rock, and Hogan never wanted to lose to anybody(that's why some in the industry hate him), thats the way it should be you HAVE to put the young guy over, you just have to.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

@Jayso4201 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: True story, I was never a big Rock fan either, but IMO what happened last night was a travesty. Unless they are planning on turning this into a long running feud that Cena eventually wins he shouldn't have won last night. I mean when The Rock faced Hogan at 18 he lost to the Rock, and Hogan never wanted to lose to anybody(that's why some in the industry hate him), thats the way it should be you HAVE to put the young guy over, you just have to.

I agree with what Acer. said too. Cena doesn't need to prove himself. He's been carrying WWE on his back since most of the Attitude Era wrestlers started leaving. Everybody knows Cena IS the WWE now so him losing doesn't really do anything other than giving the Attitude Era one last chance to shine. Which made me happy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Honestly, I love Rock, and I hate Cena with a burning passion...so naturally I was happy with the outcome of the match, but as for why Rock won, it's easy, The Rock basically wanted more publicity from his WWE fans, which made him do this stunt in the first place, and Cena, who was kinda falling in the wayside, needed to get back in the spot light, thus Champ vs Champion was born. Did you really think the Rock, who came back to WWE just for this, who spent months talking smack, promoting, singing and advertising would do all of that just to lose? Nah, that fight was determined probably before we even knew it was beginning.now...entering fanboy mode... 

I'm just glad I got to see the Rock in action once more, he is the people's champion, the Brahma Bull, the MOST electrifying man in sports entertainment! the pie eatin' Jabroni beating, traze blazin', eyebrow raisin' layin' the smacketh down on ALL other's candy asses 

IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK...IS...COOKIN'?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy sh*t! I didn't know HHH faced off against the Undertaker.

Damn I missed it.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@_slim_ said:

Holy sh*t! I didn't know HHH faced off against the Undertaker.

Damn I missed it.

it was amazing.

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayso4201

@ArturoCalaKayVee: It was kinda weird though, there was more dialogue in that match than any other match in history.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@Jayso4201 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee: It was kinda weird though, there was more dialogue in that match than any other match in history.

The match was horrible in it of itself. An entire year's worth of promo's and the match was absolutely horrible. Rock won in the worst way, it actually really upset me.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By RainEffect

I remember when I used to watch Wrestling. The peak for me was Wrestlemania XX. That was absolutely incredible - so many high quality matches. Kurt Angle vs Eddie Gurrerro, Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit vs HHH, Undertaker vs Kane, Chris Jericho vs Christian, THE ROCK AND SOCK CONNECTION vs Evolution. 

The good days...

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By SuperTide

Lesnar not appearing was disappointing.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kidchipotle

@SuperTide said:

IT'S OKAY BECAUSE LESNAR IS BACK ON RAAAAAWWWW IIISSS WWAAAARRR..I mean The Raw SuperShow.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperTide

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@SuperTide said:

IT'S OKAY BECAUSE LESNAR IS BACK ON RAAAAAWWWW IIISSS WWAAAARRR..I mean The Raw SuperShow.

LESNAR!LESNAR!