Posted by i_like_swords (14325 posts) 2 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Would you rather remove racism entirely or have global gay equality? (163 votes)

Remove racism entirely 62%
Have global gay equality 9%
Cookies 29%
#1 Posted by sophia89 (3812 posts) - - Show Bio

remove racism,and get a cookie for my deed. :D

#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (42188 posts) - - Show Bio

:)

#3 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take cookies, if humankind can't duke out the rest by themselves were done for anyway. there are bigger problems then those two things. Like poverty, terminal diseases etc.

#4 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24797 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#5 Edited by Detrolord (2615 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism it has more advantage

Its either you choose War with the other Race(United Nations)

Or War with the Gay Liberation Army(GLA)

And eat Cookies while you watch

#6 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism removed.... but i really want that cookie.

#7 Posted by pooty (11126 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove racism. the gays will get their due in time

#8 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism

#9 Posted by Superguy1591 (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

We can thank the Abrahamic (mostly Christianity) religions for both. The Roman Empire had no beefs with other races or homosexuals. During Saturilia, gay sex was rampant and the Romans never made much fuss about other races.

Then the Dark Ages happened in Europe, Christianity took over and Europeans became "God's chosen people" and started oppressing others for being different.

#10 Edited by i_like_swords (14325 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by The Stegman (24369 posts) - - Show Bio

As a black male, I gotta say racism.

#12 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism.

#13 Posted by Frozen (13219 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism, but black people don't face the most racism anymore.

#14 Posted by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironically, as a brown guy currently living in a predominantly white country, I've never faced any Racism here (at least not in my face) but my people have been discriminated against in my own home-country, for a long time.

I'll take the cookies please.

#15 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10549 posts) - - Show Bio

...wut?

#16 Posted by Oscuro (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism easily. The battle between wealthy and poor will rage eternal

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (14325 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'all are quick to vote racism but what about the chocolate chips? Psh, I'm disappointed.

#18 Posted by Gojira2014 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to sound like a a$$hole, but the polls show no one cares about gays :)

#19 Posted by dboyrules2011 (13362 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?

#20 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7834 posts) - - Show Bio

I say gay equality.

#21 Posted by dboyrules2011 (13362 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Vitalius (1928 posts) - - Show Bio

Both exept the cookie

#23 Posted by DBVSE7 (3647 posts) - - Show Bio

^. . What.

#24 Posted by consolemaster001 (5569 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove Racism

#25 Edited by dngn4774 (3124 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO! Cookies are actually beating gay equality. As a group viners never fail at lowering the bar.

#26 Posted by Cgoodness (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

Gay equality, racism is just crude opinions while Gays are actually being denied their rights

#27 Posted by dagmar_merrill (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

Cookies are pretty great.

#28 Posted by pikachumonster (3100 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#29 Posted by The_Deathstroker (7593 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I think it's just you, ILS. I didn't get nearly as much hate, haha.

Also, cookies.

#30 Posted by i_like_swords (14325 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Deathstroker: I have an aura about me it seems.

Nobody wanting to opt for gay racist cookies?

#31 Posted by Thitiki (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

Gay equality, racism is just crude opinions while Gays are actually being denied their rights

Just curious but police brutality against other races? They get denied rights maybe not marriage and what not but when some with "power" will go against someone just because of skin color?

Zimmerman is free.jpg

#32 Posted by Cgoodness (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki: well those cops are breaking the law and should be imprisoned (their victims could sue them easily), and please don't bring up Zimmerman, their wasn't enough evidence and it will lead to derailing the topic

#33 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove racism or gimme cookie

#34 Posted by Thitiki (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki: well those cops are breaking the law and should be imprisoned (their victims could sue them easily), and please don't bring up Zimmerman, their wasn't enough evidence and it will lead to derailing the topic

I mean Zimmerman has been said to be racist maybe? Following a black boy for no apparent reason to his house?

#35 Posted by Cgoodness (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki: the closest evidence I've seen linking Zimmerman to being racist was a myspace comment saying something like "I no longer fear having to hit Mexicans on the streets, somethig something thugs breaking into cars"

#36 Posted by Thitiki (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

@thitiki: the closest evidence I've seen linking Zimmerman to being racist was a myspace comment saying something like "I no longer fear having to hit Mexicans on the streets, somethig something thugs breaking into cars"

Interesting.

#37 Edited by Eisenfauste (8273 posts) - - Show Bio

We can thank the Abrahamic (mostly Christianity) religions for both. The Roman Empire had no beefs with other races or homosexuals. During Saturilia, gay sex was rampant and the Romans never made much fuss about other races.

Then the Dark Ages happened in Europe, Christianity took over and Europeans became "God's chosen people" and started oppressing others for being different.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely ignorant and 1 not being ignorant you are around a 9.5

Before you seek to throw an entire religion under the bus I believe it would be best for you to understand said religion better before you do.

#38 Posted by Superguy1591 (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: Just because it makes you uncomfortable, it doesnt make it false. YOU should read about the countless ways those three religions have helped spread suffering in this world.

Christianity is pro-slavery, it was used to justify slavery, Native American genocide, Colonialism, the Spanish Inquisition. Read about how Right Wing American Christians went to Uganda and turned a nation that could care less about gays into a nation of homophobes.

I know humans would find a way to hate each other even withput religion, but at least, without religion, the bigots wouldnt act like they have the moral high ground.

#39 Posted by SoA (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

remove racism , im not against gay equality but, and forgive me if this seems cold , i think racism is the bigger problem and needs to be dealt with first

#40 Posted by Eisenfauste (8273 posts) - - Show Bio

Christianity is pro-slavery

This just show's me that you don't understand Christianity. Because people used something to further their own agenda and prejudice does not automatically mean that religion justify's the said act. And it does not.

those three religions have helped spread suffering in this world.

So first Christianity and now two more under the bus, let me guess one of them is Islam?

but at least, without religion, the bigots wouldn't act like they have the moral high ground.

Okay now you sound really biased, since when do you have to be religious to be a bigot? You don't is the answer.

And in your previous statement you stated that Roman's did not have a problem with anyone yet you neglected to mention that they had slaves, some of which they would force to kill each other in the gladitorial ring. You also failed to mention how many nations the Romans oppressed and utterly crushed to simply further their territorial gain.

#41 Posted by RogueShadow (10676 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep em both, more fun that way.

#42 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21848 posts) - - Show Bio

I was honestly gonna say a Candie bar before seeing the cookie option.

#43 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness said:

Is that all it is across the world? Racism isn't limited to crude comments, but it's a nice thought that it is.

#44 Posted by MonsterStomp (17897 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironically, as a brown guy currently living in a predominantly white country, I've never faced any Racism here (at least not in my face) but my people have been discriminated against in my own home-country, for a long time.

I'll take the cookies please.

Kiwi's are friendly :)

#45 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7999 posts) - - Show Bio

get rid of both. especially racism even though I am a mut I have been discriminated against because of my skin tone

#46 Posted by Joygirl (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

What a great time to be gay.

#47 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9264 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism doesn't exist. It is simply evolution playing its course, the defects will get they a$$ beat by the people they offend effectively and eventually ending their gene pool.

#48 Edited by Immortal777 (7579 posts) - - Show Bio

Remove Racism

#49 Posted by Cgoodness (4607 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by ComicStooge (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Racism.