Avatar image for lord_oraculous016
lord_oraculous016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lord_oraculous016

pardon me if a dare to tackle such a deep issue.. 

okay, the situation goes something like this.. you were born at the same time our lord Jesus Christ was born.. and you are one of the spectators watching as he was put into trial and tortured.. then a high ranking Roman official saw you, and asked you a deep yet meaningful question: "Would you gladly take his place and die for him?"

what do you thing your answer would be?

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Aronmorales

I would if I could but I couldn't.
If I was nailed upon that cross, it wouldn't have made any difference for mankind, and I would've been just another sad story in the pages of history.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Aronmorales said:
" I would if I could but I couldn't. If I was nailed upon that cross, it wouldn't have made any difference for mankind, and I would've been just another sad story in the pages of history. "
A perfect answer.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aronmorales
@FadeToBlackBolt: Thanks.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Aronmorales: No worries. It actually stopped me from answering with a simple "Yes".
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aronmorales
@FadeToBlackBolt: Hehe.
Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aquamariner

Tough question. God's plan was for Jesus to die on the cross for humankind. If I took his place, wouln't that alter God's plan?  
Unless of course me dying on the cross was God's plan, in which case It still wouldn't be my decision,, because it it's Gods plan I would feel the urge to replace Jesus on the cross. 

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Magian

If any normal human have died in Jesus' place, what impact that would have in the world? None. It was because he was Jesus that this had an impact in the world.
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

Jesus may be your lord, but he's not mine. =/

spider-pig23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spider-pig23
@Pheonix of the white throne said:
" truthfully No i dont believe in Religion "
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NexusOfLight

Based on the scenario given, I don't think I would. I mean, if I was just one of the spectators, I probably would be on the people's side. I wouldn't have known any better. Like Jesus said, "they know not what they do." 

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Gylan Thomas

I think anyone saying they would isn't thinking about the question. 
If you'd been asked...
"Beliefing what you do now, today, 2010, if you traveled back in time to and would you die for him?"
Then maybe you could say yes.

Most people in at the time would not. They'd have their own lifes to live. 

Someone please start an Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu or even Scientology thread.
If people wanna talk religion can't it be done on a christian site or at least be a little balanced?

I'm an atheist and personally find it very hard to not join in on these debates. I'm pretty diplomatic but it's sometimes hard and frustrating not to point out that people are building there believe systems on a fairy tale.

Sorry if that offends.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By G'bandit

Well his death inspired many and had a major shock on history. Although I would of prefer for such an iconic figure to be around for longer I would have to let it be the way he chooses.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Primmaster64
@Aronmorales said:
" I would if I could but I couldn't. If I was nailed upon that cross, it wouldn't have made any difference for mankind, and I would've been just another sad story in the pages of history. "

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By courtney12490
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Jesus may be your lord, but he's not mine. =/ "

^This
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Retnex
@Aronmorales said:
The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By The Sadhu

Knowing what I know about the events of his crucifixion... then no! He was sent for that purpose to die for our salvation. 

If I was someone of that time... then again my answer would be no!
Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Jesus is just an example of the a Godman character from a long list that includes Hercules, Osiris and many others.
All of whom anyone building their believes around today would be called crazy.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By The Sadhu
@Gylan Thomas: 

interesting... very!
Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bio Guyver

I'd like to, believing from a religious standpoint, that this life is only an obstacle; a test.

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By d0npierre

I would, but only if it would've prevented other religions from rising up.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By dane

one of the worst threads I've ever seen.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lagoon_boy
@Aronmorales I agree.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By NightFang3
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Aronmorales said:
A perfect answer. "
             Agreed.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By cascadeking09
@d0npierre said:
" I would, but only if it would've prevented other religions from rising up. "
The thing is only Jesus could have handled wat they did to him. He had a choice of whether or not he would go through the whole thing, anybody else would've died.
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27  Edited By spawndon

No way!
I have one life, and I plan to make the best out of it.
And I do not believe in either God or Religion, so no question of taking his place.

BaldursFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BaldursFate

Wow I'm agnostic and I understand Christianity better then you Christians. Good old Josh had a mission, he was allegedly sent to die for our sins so if he doesn't die we all burn in hell. 

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By geraldthesloth

Nah.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By CellphoneGirl

No, since there wouldn't have been any point in doing so.

chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chris thompson

Yup.
DIZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DIZ

No

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By d0npierre
@cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
The thing is only Jesus could have handled wat they did to him. He had a choice of whether or not he would go through the whole thing, anybody else would've died. "
This has no intent of dissing you or your religion. But I'm pretty sure I could've done the same as Jesus then and I can name some other men who could've done what he did.  Maybe the question is, who would want to do that?
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Gylan Thomas said:
" I think anyone saying they would isn't thinking about the question.  If you'd been asked... "Beliefing what you do now, today, 2010, if you traveled back in time to and would you die for him?" Then maybe you could say yes.  Most people in at the time would not. They'd have their own lifes to live.   Someone please start an Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu or even Scientology thread. If people wanna talk religion can't it be done on a christian site or at least be a little balanced?  I'm an atheist and personally find it very hard to not join in on these debates. I'm pretty diplomatic but it's sometimes hard and frustrating not to point out that people are building there believe systems on a fairy tale.  Sorry if that offends. "
Same here >_> It's so tempting...
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Gylan Thomas said:
"Jesus is just an example of the a Godman character from a long list that includes Hercules, Osiris and many others. All of whom anyone building their believes around today would be called crazy. "

QFT
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@d0npierre said:
"I would, but only if it would've prevented other religions from rising up. "

WTF?  So, you're allowed to believe in your nonsense but no one else can believe in theirs?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FLCL1
@InnerVenom123 said:
"Jesus may be your lord, but he's not mine. =/ "

this. hes a great man but i would die for him
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roddy010

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven....

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cascadeking09
@d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
The thing is only Jesus could have handled wat they did to him. He had a choice of whether or not he would go through the whole thing, anybody else would've died. "
This has no intent of dissing you or your religion. But I'm pretty sure I could've done the same as Jesus then and I can name some other men who could've done what he did.  Maybe the question is, who would want to do that? "
Maybe I should explain. I dont remeber exactly how it went, but all I remember is that he didnt have to do the whole cross thing. He had a choice. They whipped him untill there was hardly any skin left on his body. Once they were done he didnt even look human anymore. No normal person could have survived the beating they gave him long enough to be put up on the cross.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FLCL1
@k4tzm4n said:
"@d0npierre said:
"I would, but only if it would've prevented other religions from rising up. "
WTF?  So, you're allowed to believe in your nonsense but no one else can believe in theirs? "

LMAO 
 perfect picture

or is it more like; 

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Knightly1

Do I have the knowledge of history I have now(ie say I was sent back in time.) Jesus' whole life was all about His crucifixion and death for our sins. So, should I risk all of our sins and make Jesus' whole life pointless just to save him? OR should I allow my Messiah to die at cross, knowing full well I could've saved Him. Either answer would be rather selfish of me and beyond my jurisdiction to make. Jesus knew what He was in for and accepted said consequences for the betterment of mankind. Right now, it's up to us as to what we do with it, lest we make His death pointless. I would rather look Him in the eyes, and see the passion within His soul to do this for us. This way, I would know I did something: I saw the true meaning love for one's fellow man and could hopefully pass this onto others.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WARLOCK2792

If I died for him, you all might as well kill yourselves now, because you'd be burning in hell for all eternity anyway.
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By N7_Normandy

Sorry, I don't die for heretics.

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By d0npierre
@FLCL1:  I geuss I wasn't to clear, where for I apologize. I meant, I'd die if it would prevent ALL religion from being born.  Atheist and stuff..
d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By d0npierre
@cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
This has no intent of dissing you or your religion. But I'm pretty sure I could've done the same as Jesus then and I can name some other men who could've done what he did.  Maybe the question is, who would want to do that? "
Maybe I should explain. I dont remeber exactly how it went, but all I remember is that he didnt have to do the whole cross thing. He had a choice. They whipped him untill there was hardly any skin left on his body. Once they were done he didnt even look human anymore. No normal person could have survived the beating they gave him long enough to be put up on the cross. "
Still I beg to differ. I don't really believe in magic, ghosts or super beings (see the pun?). He might have been an extraordinary man but he won't be the only guy to withstand such torture. If you would look at people now and then. The average man has grown, lives longer and  is stronger then any man 2000 years ago. If he could've done it then, now we would have 1000 people at least who could pull that off. Seeing as we, last time I checked, tripled the number of humans on this little ball o' mud.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cascadeking09
@d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
Maybe I should explain. I dont remeber exactly how it went, but all I remember is that he didnt have to do the whole cross thing. He had a choice. They whipped him untill there was hardly any skin left on his body. Once they were done he didnt even look human anymore. No normal person could have survived the beating they gave him long enough to be put up on the cross. "
Still I beg to differ. I don't really believe in magic, ghosts or super beings (see the pun?). He might have been an extraordinary man but he won't be the only guy to withstand such torture. If you would look at people now and then. The average man has grown, lives longer and  is stronger then any man 2000 years ago. If he could've done it then, now we would have 1000 people at least who could pull that off. Seeing as we, last time I checked, tripled the number of humans on this little ball o' mud. "
So u're sayin u think u can survive being whipped until there's no skin left on your body, having your hands and feet nailed to a cross, and stuck in a cave for days?  I dont care wat u believe in there's no way u or any other person would survive days after all that. U would've bled to death by that time. Im not trying to ask u to believe anything, but I dont understand wat makes u think anyone could survive that.
d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By d0npierre
@cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
Still I beg to differ. I don't really believe in magic, ghosts or super beings (see the pun?). He might have been an extraordinary man but he won't be the only guy to withstand such torture. If you would look at people now and then. The average man has grown, lives longer and  is stronger then any man 2000 years ago. If he could've done it then, now we would have 1000 people at least who could pull that off. Seeing as we, last time I checked, tripled the number of humans on this little ball o' mud. "
So u're sayin u think u can survive being whipped until there's no skin left on your body, having your hands and feet nailed to a cross, and stuck in a cave for days?  I dont care wat u believe in there's no way u or any other person would survive days after all that. U would've bled to death by that time. Im not trying to ask u to believe anything, but I dont understand wat makes u think anyone could survive that. "
In fact my question for you is this. Do you believe that Jesus had God helping him or that he is a man with an enormous endurance? 

Because in the first case you're telling me that no mortal man alive could withstand such tremendous torture and only through Godlike intervention anyone could survive this. In the second, you believe that Jesus was a mortal man with an abnormal endurance and a freak healing factor. 

Whatever the answer will be, it couldn't hurt to think that maybe these stories are a bit exaggerated, like most of the stories in the Bible. 

Which, offcourse, doesn't say I don't respect you choice of believing. It brings values to countless live and made monuments being build that still appeal to the imagination.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Tons of people were exucted in the same manner...How's that impressive?
BaldursFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BaldursFate
@k4tzm4n: Thank you!
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By cascadeking09
@d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @d0npierre said:
So u're sayin u think u can survive being whipped until there's no skin left on your body, having your hands and feet nailed to a cross, and stuck in a cave for days?  I dont care wat u believe in there's no way u or any other person would survive days after all that. U would've bled to death by that time. Im not trying to ask u to believe anything, but I dont understand wat makes u think anyone could survive that. "
In fact my question for you is this. Do you believe that Jesus had God helping him or that he is a man with an enormous endurance?   Because in the first case you're telling me that no mortal man alive could withstand such tremendous torture and only through Godlike intervention anyone could survive this. In the second, you believe that Jesus was a mortal man with an abnormal endurance and a freak healing factor.   Whatever the answer will be, it couldn't hurt to think that maybe these stories are a bit exaggerated, like most of the stories in the Bible.    Which, offcourse, doesn't say I don't respect you choice of believing. It brings values to countless live and made monuments being build that still appeal to the imagination. "
In the bible it says that Jesus was 100% god and at the same time 100% man. So technically he was God. I remember learning in my world history class that the facts were everything I told u. Even If somebody were to survive the torture they put him through they would also have to survive being shut up in a cave with no food and no water for more than just a few days. Its true that some of this could be exaggerated, but it depends wat u choose to believe. In my mind theres no way any regular person could survive that so I do believe it had somethin to do with God, but to someone else that doesnt believe in things like that most of it would seem completely made up.