• 193 results
Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bsaa

The recent response to the (moronic) Wally West garbage has got me thinking. I know that many people will call me troll or racist, but that is not my intention. I......I do not fully support interracial marriage and childbearing, at least in relation to black people. Now, I am not wholly against it. I have some rather.....peculiar feelings on mulattoes, but I will not go into that here. I do not fully oppose these unions, but I am also not "ra ra ree!" About them like everyone else.

Now let me explain. I adhere to very, very, VERY, loose pan african ideology, and speak many times on the social ills that affect the various segments of the black diaspora, namely the Black American community. Thus, I feel that the best way for us to remove ourselves from what many would say is the bottom of the totem pole is to unite create our own society, probably somewhere in Sub Saharan Africa(ideally). I also feel that we can't complain about racism as if it were still out main issue when we won't deal with what goes on in our own communities and want to sweep those issues under the rug, just in time for our daily dose of "blame whitey". I also feel that we can't love or respect those other ethnic groups until we love ourselves, and that we should only in have children(after marriage) with each other. Like I said, I know many will find this "racist", but I just want to know if I seem THAT ludicrous.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Hmmm... not racist, just a segregationist weirdo.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

@bsaa: I got to your third sentence before realizing you are a racist. :D

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep... your racist

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I......I do not fully support interracial marriage and childbearing, at least in relation to black people."

Yes you are a racist.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: why am I racist though? You even said that you didn't finish it?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@kgb725: @erik: @joygirl: I kinda understand what he's saying; I think he just worded it really poorly, especially the "half-breed" comments. I don't know if I can really address it in a single post. But I can sorta relate to what he's saying.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik

@bsaa said:

@erik: why am I racist though? You even said that you didn't finish it?

I said no such thing. I said I only needed to read your first three sentences to reach a conclusion. IF you are against interracial unions, you are a racist. Segregation is racist. You are racist.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: did you see my reasoning behind it? I did not diss mine or any other race.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: what in particular was worded poorly? In terms of the first three sentences, I kind of expect most people to not look past that.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: I understand what he's saying but certainly don't relate to it, since it's based on a very, very false idea. Segregation does not strengthen races or cultures, it weakens them.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: That's probably why there is still overt racism in the world too. If people think a little racism is okay, it will never truly leave our collective species.

@bsaa said:

@erik: did you see my reasoning behind it? I did not diss mine or any other race.

Doesn't matter if you 'dissed' yours or any other race. A 'separate but equal' mentality is a racist mentality.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love is the best form of diplomacy.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Half Breed"...don't call people that.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I'm speaking mostly on the first paragraph about interracial dating and not on the second in which I completely disagree.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: how? It might be raciAL, but not racist, as it puts not race over another, not does it claim any superiority to any race.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: I'm speaking mostly on the first paragraph about interracial dating and not on the second in which I completely disagree.

All his first paragraph said was "I'm against inter-breeding," I'm not sure how that's okay.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#19  Edited By TheCannon

@jayc1324 said:

"I......I do not fully support interracial marriage and childbearing, at least in relation to black people."

Yes you are a racist.

This is exactly what I was about to post.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to forcibly interfere with a person's free will to be with whoever they want to be with is always a bad idea. I don't want a restriction on my freedom to connect with a Caucasian, Asian, Latina, etc. woman; the idea is just so arrogant; what gives anybody the right to restrict who I want to connect with? And yes, restricting connections based on race is racism, even by another African American.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes...I would.

I didn't even finish your first paragraph before I suspected you of being racist.

And yes,I did finish what you wrote,but the conclusion for me suspecting you of being racist...or just (as Joygirl put it) "a segregationist weirdo" (which I agree more with,rather than the term racist) came before I even finished what you wrote.

To make this more simple:

I suspected you of being racist before I could even finish.

That says something.

Well. Not actually racist. Just a segregationist that generalizes way too much and believes false ideals.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then, I'm sorry I guess?

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa: You are not a racist, but I believe you are wrong.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Troy say's it best.

No Caption Provided
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Night Thrasher

@joygirl: I'm not saying I'm against it or that I disapprove of interracial dating in the least bit. But, when I see an interracial couple I can't help but ponder the mindstate of the black person involved. A lot of "black people" date outside of their race because they look down on people of their own race. A lot of black people buy into the stereotypes and negativity portrayed in the media and look outside because that's all they see when they see other black people or they don't see the beauty of people like them because they don't find themselves beautiful. I'm not saying I'm against interracial dating, but I do feel that you should date out of love and not out of hate for oneself or people like you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Segregation based on race is racist. And it sounds like that is what he is supporting. So yes, still racist.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

Well then, I'm sorry I guess?

I don't think that you really need to be,but you should probably keep a bit more of an open mind. Some people in this thread will probably give you suggestions to help you correct your thinking from the flaws that they see in it.

And if this is because of what I said,then I am sorry if I sounded harsh. I don't really want you to feel bad just for believing something. I would probably just say misguided,if anything.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@erik: how? It might be raciAL, but not racist, as it puts not race over another, not does it claim any superiority to any race.

Would it be racist to not allow you into a white only restaurant so long as the owner said he doesn't think any race is superior? Because you operate on the exact same principle.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@joygirl: I'm not saying I'm against it or that I disapprove of interracial dating in the least bit. But, when I see an interracial couple I can't help but ponder the mindstate of the black person involved. A lot of "black people" date outside of their race because they look down on people of their own race. A lot of black people buy into the stereotypes and negativity portrayed in the media and look outside because that's all they see when they see other black people or they don't see the beauty of people like them because they don't find themselves beautiful. I'm not saying I'm against interracial dating, but I do feel that you should date out of love and not out of hate for oneself or people like you.

I can understand your reasoning (I see/hear it firsthand with many black people,and not just black people,as to why they don't date members of their own race),but just don't think/assume that that is what every/any interracial relationship boils down to.

Don't think that I am saying that you assume so,I'm just throwing this out there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just realized that despite the fact I believe in equal treatment of all people and frown upon racial discrimination, I am still by definition a racist.

Interesting...

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: A lot of people, dare I say almost all people, date for various psychological reasons, whether it's because someone reminds them of a parent or relative or triggers some long-submerged memory. Whether it's odd, buried pseudo-autoracism or because their hips remind them of mommy is no reason to start investing interest in who other people date, marry, or pork.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

"I don't believe women should be in the workplace. Now I'm not completely against it, I just have rather strong feelings about them being in places where sandwiches can't be made...does that make me sexist?"

Yes, yes it does! :D Fun game!

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:

I just realized that despite the fact I believe in equal treatment of all people and frown upon racial discrimination, I am still by definition a racist.

Interesting...

How?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I don't believe women should be in the workplace. Now I'm not completely against it, I just have rather strong feelings about them being in places where sandwiches can't be made...does that make me sexist?"

Yes, yes it does! :D Fun game!

LOL!

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: no because I never said to bar people from interracial relationships. I said I won't be their cheerleader.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Segregationists are racists, no matter if you're a pan-African or the KKK. If you don't want to be around people that are different from you, you should go find a country of your own.

Even in Africa they're not homogenous, plenty of places in Africa have Black/East-Asian people, Black/Arabs and Black/South-East Asians so you can't go there. Hell, if you're African American, chances are that you're not 100% African. Most African Americans share blood with other races.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bsaa
Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Opens beer bottle*

This is gonna be great.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@erik: no because I never said to bar people from interracial relationships. I said I won't be their cheerleader.

You also said and I quote,

"... I am not wholly against it..." and "... I do not fully oppose these unions...".

Which means you are against it to some degree. Which means you are against it and judge others that choose that life for themselves. Which means you are a racist.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Not all but enough to say too many. But I don't want to sound like I'm against interracial dating, because you love who you love and are attracted to whoever you're attracted to. But I know that some feel that way and it's sad. It's not only limited to black people though, I've also ran into some asian women who refuse to date asian men, and jewish women who refuse to date jews. But I've seen it most prominent in the black community.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#46 SC  Moderator

Do not consider you racist, would be more inclined to think that you are putting too much stock into categorizing people and not paying enough consideration to people as individuals. As far as we know, people only get one shot at life, more than a few decades if we are lucky, why should individuals worry about how they interact with others based on one attribute they have? If some put more stock in that attribute thats fine, but dictating others conform to that idea?

Or what happens if reality doesn't conform to your ideology and you met a person that goes against your ideology but you find that incredibly beautiful, special, intelligent and wonderful and they make you a better person, the best person you can be and you being together makes you both the best people you can be and you contribute to the lives of others… but since that doesn't conform to your ideology you give that up on a notion that some people you share a charismatic with is better off somehow in the long run? Sounds like you are being too unfair on yourself and that you are making an unnecessary sacrifice and denying yourself opportunity - but… thats the thing with a persons beliefs and ideology right? So I can respect that personally - but it does get tricky when people try to enforce their ideologies and beliefs on to others and I think thats the line for myself. If an individuals ideology and believes intend to force others to conform to them than that is the point it turns into racism because you introduce the concept of superiority as in your ideas are so correct that others must conform to it and it has the racial element.

Tricky ground though, for example by definition if your way of classifying different groups of people involves inaccurately identifying superior or inferior traits where their strictly aren't any, as reasons for the segregation then your hitting that bar much earlier. I could believe that you are not racist though, just have some ideas about race/ethnicity/skin color that I don't agree with or think has a basis in sound logic/reason, but thats fine and maybe you do believe you have that basis.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bsaa

@superguy1591: yeah, I know that I have Irish and Native American ancestry, sadly. "Groans" I don't like that. I'd rather be just one thing, regardless of what it was

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@twix_right_side: why am I misguided

-__-

I think a lot of people have explained some reasons as to why in this thread (for example,the segregation point),what erik said,what joygirl said,etc.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

The recent response to the (moronic) Wally West garbage has got me thinking. I know that many people will call me troll or racist, but that is not my intention. I......I do not fully support interracial marriage and childbearing, at least in relation to black people. Now, I am not wholly against it. I have some rather.....peculiar feelings on mulattoes, but I will not go into that here. I do not fully oppose these unions, but I am also not "ra ra ree!" About them like everyone else.

I'm just going to answer your question, yes I consider that racist. I don't care if you don't want to marry or have children with somebody of another ethnicity that's fine but saying you don't think anybody should imo is racist. Especially since it seems you only have a problem with interracial marriage if it involves a black person.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda, yeah.