• 61 results
#1 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Would you?

#2 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5397 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell naw!

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38174 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by _Zombie_ (10302 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no. Breaks were one of the few things that kept me remotely interested in school.

#5 Posted by TheCannon (17841 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would anyone?

#6 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5218 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#7 Edited by silkyballfro94 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

What would be the reason?

#8 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

No?

#9 Posted by MaccyD (3401 posts) - - Show Bio

recesses weren't even in my school, we had things called breaks though :P

#10 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Recess is where a lot of bullying occurs.

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (80827 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#12 Edited by Fallschirmjager (14730 posts) - - Show Bio

If I didn't have recess at school, I would have never caught all 151 Pokemon on my Yellow!

#13 Posted by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Happiness is not conducive to studies. No more smiles. And more quizzes during lunch. Cut down summer vacation by a month and abolish spring break. Implement federal and more state-mandated tests. Do not under any circumstance allow teachers to plan their own classes. More paperwork. Take over any and every school district that can't perform arbitrarily well enough. Do not allow for happiness. More paperwork. Do not allow for creativity. More paperwork. Follow the curriculum. More paperwork!

#14 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by kgb725 (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't

#16 Posted by batmannflash (6171 posts) - - Show Bio

No...

#17 Posted by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (5969 posts) - - Show Bio

No..........

#19 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (11532 posts) - - Show Bio

NO

#20 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5397 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullying occurs in the class as well, should we start banning classes than.

#21 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Yeah, me too. I still got Schools Out on VHS!

#22 Edited by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

@nlghtcrawler: That was one of my favorite movies. I think sometime I need to rewatch old episodes. There was a gold mine of good stuff in Recess.

#23 Posted by _Zombie_ (10302 posts) - - Show Bio

I was bullied mostly in class. Rarely during break, or lunch.

#24 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Students will go mad, and the School will be reduced to ashes.

#25 Posted by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Students will go mad, and the School will be reduced to ashes.

Not if they're in straightjackets. Which I 100% support.

#26 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: Yup. It gave me high expectations of what recess and school in general should be like. Expectations that were not met, unfortunately...

#27 Posted by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

@nlghtcrawler: Same here. But it was fun to imagine I did do that stuff, and sometimes figure out which of my friends matched which character's personality. That was awesome.

#28 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@mitran: LOL. But still, students with prep are Omniversal threats.

#29 Posted by JetiiMitra (8084 posts) - - Show Bio

@perethorn: True... it would take a Thanos-level teacher to subdue them. Good thing I have an *Infinities* Gauntlet of teaching and Hearts of the Universes... of learning!

#30 Posted by xlab3000 (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5397 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by King Saturn (223737 posts) - - Show Bio

No, the break is good for the kids.

#33 Posted by xlab3000 (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21: No. I'm referring to the person who made the thread. I was quoting what you because I agreed with your comment.

#34 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5397 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: No. I'm referring to the person who made the thread. I was quoting what you because I agreed with your comment.

Ok, just making sure.

#35 Edited by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, in both middle and high school, I saw more bullying in the lunch room more than anywhere else...that was also where a lot of my schools fights happened.

#36 Posted by russellmania77 (14430 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes muahahahah

#37 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Students will team together and take over the school if recess is banned.

#38 Edited by HumanRocket (7091 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not evil so no I wouldn't. Also TJ and his gang would get revenge on whoever would cancel it.

#39 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Bullying is more common n transition or "break" areas than in the classroom, though it can occur there as well. Obviously there is no way to completely eradicate bullying, it's part of human nature, but we can make structural reforms that'd make it more difficult to engage in.

This is similar in principle to efforts on college campuses to mitigate sexual assaults, frequent lights, call boxes and the like. If a victimizer doesn't have an environment in which to perpetrate his or her evil then it is less likely to occur.

At the end of the day we must decide which is more important, the spiritual and mental well-being of a minority of children or the amusement of a majority of children.

http://bullyfree.com/free-resources/facts-about-bullying

#40 Edited by _Zombie_ (10302 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk said:

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Bullying is more common n transition or "break" areas than in the classroom, though it can occur there as well. Obviously there is no way to completely eradicate bullying, it's part of human nature, but we can make structural reforms that'd make it more difficult to engage in.

This is similar in principle to efforts on college campuses to mitigate sexual assaults, frequent lights, call boxes and the like. If a victimizer doesn't have an environment in which to perpetrate his or her evil then it is less likely to occur.

At the end of the day we must decide which is more important, the spiritual and mental well-being of a minority of children or the amusement of a majority of children.

The victimizer/bully has an environment besides the break. They have the classroom. Teachers often don't pay enough attention and kids get away with all kinds of sht.

And I'm speaking from personal experience. You can cite all of the web articles you want, but I can personally tell you that bullying is not exclusive to break time. It happens during break, during class, before school, and after school.

Are you going to call to ban class, or school altogether? Because obviously kids aren't going to be safe anywhere, so you should just remove the situation instead of solving the problem, right?

#41 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk said:

Bullying occurs in the class as well, should we start banning classes than.

... I mean if they have to.

#43 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

eah it builds character.

#44 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5397 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21:

If teachers and the community really cared about the students, they would assign less homework and start school later for high schoolers. Their would also be less standardized testing and in my case, less strict teachers but this doesn't exist. If teachers really cared, they would strive toward this.

#45 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5397 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Squares (4709 posts) - - Show Bio

What purpose would it serve?

#47 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17166 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm no sadist so no.

#48 Posted by silkyballfro94 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

My elementary school didn't even have recess, but we managed to survive. The only break we had was Lunch and extra classes like Art, Gym, Health, and Library and we only had them once each week. Plus, bullying occurred in class, at lunch, in the washroom, and before/after school.

#49 Edited by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio
@silkyballfro94 said:

My elementary school didn't even have recess, but we managed to survive. The only break we had was Lunch and extra classes like Art, Gym, Health, and Library and we only had them once each week. Plus, bullying occurred in class, at lunch, in the washroom, and before/after school.

Yeah, this. My school only had one lunch period, though in all fairness, it was pretty long.

#50 Edited by joshmightbe (24474 posts) - - Show Bio

Bullying is just one of those things that will always be around in some form or another, it sucks but its just a fact of life. Banning recess would do nothing but change the venue.