#1 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

What're the worst, most disappointing, experience-ruining spoilers you've gotten and how did you come across them?

For me

-Batman Arkham City: I was looking at the comments on the AC Facebook page two days before it even came out and someone posted "Joker dies and you fight Clayface as the final boss". I was so mad I flagged his comment and reported his pictures (because that'll show him how passive aggresive I can be!)

-Iron Man 3: there was a thread here on lovely ComicVine that clearly said SPOILERS, but I couldn't help but check it out. I hoped the end posted on the thread was just a rumor or a joke....then I saw the film at midnight the same day...................

#2 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22624 posts) - - Show Bio

When I heard the Joker is the main villain and not Black Mask in Arkham Origins.

Mass Effect 3's Endings as well.

#3 Edited by comicbookfan93 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend, he tells me everything that happens in stuff, for example he saw TDK a few days before and completely ruined it as he told me the whole plot before I could see it

#4 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

I was avoiding all spoilers for The Dark Knight Rises until I had money to go see it myself. I want to say it'd been a little over a month since the movie released in theaters, but still. I was careful. I was vigilant. I knew nothing about the movie save what I'd seen in trailers.

And then I step into a thread, on this very site, about... I don't even remember. What I DO remember is Mercy_, spitting on her namesake, spoiling Talia and everything connected to that revelation for the Dark Knight Rises.

No warning or anything. By the time I'd realized what she'd done, it was already too late.

#5 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend, he tells me everything that happens in stuff, for example he saw TDK a few days before and completely ruined it as he told me the whole plot before I could see it

That doesn't sound like a friend, that sounds like a fiend. I think I would have killed him.

#6 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10719 posts) - - Show Bio

I was so ampped to see Man of Steel and the functions of how superhero movies is nothing new. I thought the movie wasnt going to surprise me, I tried my best to stay away from spoiler even though I thought it wasnt going to be a big deal.... boy was I wrong the moments that shocked me were

1- The tornado

2- Neck Snap

Not against these things just didnt see it coming.

#7 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (10719 posts) - - Show Bio

And if you read my Walking Dead post, the ending of the Walking Dead game and GTA V, but I looked for those.

#8 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

Worse for me is reading a review. I had a illusion that reviews would not spoiler the story or would announce that there may be possible spoilers BUT THEY DON'T! Well not always anyways.

One was on Assassin's Creed II, I was extremely anxious to get the game, I loved the first one, but I couldn't afford it at the time. I was planning on getting it later down the line so I had to wait. One day I saw that a user I loved to watch made a review, I was interested and decided to watch it.

BIG MISTAKE, the user totally spoiled the game in so many ways. I was totally pissed like WHAT THA RFFRFRFRFRFFFRRRRfFF Rock! The experience of discovering the new developments as I play was taken from me.

I wanted to blame the user so badly. I always believed a great review is one where they keep all the exciting moments to themselves and refrain from spoiling. The idea of being able to word it in a certain way where one can get the idea of the story but the experience is not ruined.

Other TIMES

ComicVine review and it was G-Man's review too. I'm still holding a grudge over it (it's not that serious but still). I loved Remender's Uncanny X-Force but I trade wait. Still my eagerness for series I was reading compelled me to read the reviews. I saw no harm in reading another's opinion on the story with a vague idea of what would happen and TONY SPOILS A HUGE PLOT POINT.

Worse his excuse was this plot point was on a previous issue so he did not truly spoil this current issue he reviewed.

I was heated once more. I knew a key plot point that was going to unravel in front of me before I even started reading the trade. The only redeeming factor was not knowing the details so I predicted in certain parts of the story for the plot point to happen and I was incorrect.

I was so incorrect that I got lost into the story and once the spoiled plot point happen, I totally forgot about it.

One self inflicting spoiler was... I'll save it for later.

( +)

#9 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

I was avoiding all spoilers for The Dark Knight Rises until I had money to go see it myself. I want to say it'd been a little over a month since the movie released in theaters, but still. I was careful. I was vigilant. I knew nothing about the movie save what I'd seen in trailers.

And then I step into a thread, on this very site, about... I don't even remember. What I DO remember is Mercy_, spitting on her namesake, spoiling Talia and everything connected to that revelation for the Dark Knight Rises.

No warning or anything. By the time I'd realized what she'd done, it was already too late.

For the record I love your post. I totally had a inner monologue where I laughed hysterically at this. I completely feel you my doode. That would have sucked for me and my brother said he almost spoiled it for me. However, your post was very entertaining to read. Cheers to MoS2 being a AWEsome movie experience for you.

( +)

#10 Posted by Lvenger (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

A few threads on here that haven't covered the spoiler titles correctly tend to be massively annoying in giving away major plot details of films, games and books I'm interested in.

#11 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21965 posts) - - Show Bio

That Darth Vader is Luke's father

#12 Posted by JetiiMitra (8663 posts) - - Show Bio

That Darth Vader is Luke's father

GOTDAMMIT

I was gonna say that.

#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21965 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the times when I come across really bad spoilers that really annoy me are the ones that are concerning my favorite characters or things and most of the times the person who ruing everything for me is myself.

#15 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Aeris.

#16 Posted by 14NC3 (1762 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Iron man 3 - Found out that Mandarin was an actor the whole time when I was on Rotten Tomatoes.
  • Breaking bad - A friend told me that Hank finds out about walter and dies, though I did kind of see this coming.
  • The Dark Knight Rises - Some dude in the youtube comments of the trailer told me the girl in it was Talia Al Ghul and was the mastermind of the whole thing.
  • The Walking Dead - A jerk was telling a friend a bunch of people who die in the show. I just had to be in the seat in front of them -_-
#17 Posted by hyiena (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

Every Funny Movie letting me the know the ending of the Sixth Sense i still have never watched it

#18 Posted by laflux (16206 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@mercy_ Explain yourself, lady >.>

#19 Posted by Mercy_ (92760 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith: I don't remember this at all O_O I'm usually super super super careful about spoilers like that because I don't go to the theaters that often myself, and it's the worst to be spoiled.

I'm so so so so sorry :( do you remember which thread it was by any chance? Was it a discussion about the movie or pertaining to the movie? I don't see how I was so careless otherwise

#20 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

I don't remember this at all O_O I'm usually super super super careful about spoilers like that because I don't go to the theaters that often myself, and it's the worst to be spoiled.

I'm so so so so sorry :( do you remember which thread it was by any chance? Was it a discussion about the movie or pertaining to the movie? I don't see how I was so careless otherwise

After a quick search, it was a thread discussing how Bane eats. I thought it was going to be safe, only tangentially related to the movie; If someone was asking about it, then it wasn't covered in the movie itself. No spoilers, just discussion, theory. YOU PROVED ME WRONG.

In one fell swoop, as if it were nothing, you revealed Miranda's identity, and with that deception sitting in my mind during the movie, it was fairly easy to figure out what was going to happen throughout the third act.

Still, Dark Knight Rises was never going to be as good as The Dark Knight, and while it was a bit of a downer, it was still an enjoyable experience. Your indiscretion just stuck with me due to the dichotomy between your chosen name, and my perception of your actions in that instance. No worries.

#21 Edited by War Killer (20251 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember getting really annoyed when a friend on here accidentally spoiled that River Song was really the daughter of Rory and Amy. I hate spoilers, I try very hard to avoid them, but Doctor Who spoilers really annoy me because they take away the mystery of the show.

#22 Edited by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember getting really annoyed when a friend on here accidentally spoiled that River Song was really the daughter of Rory and Amy. I hate spoilers, I try very hard to avoid them, but Doctor Who spoilers really annoy me because they take away the mystery of the show.

Oh the irony of hearing spoilers about River Song...

#23 Posted by silent_bomber (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

I received a spoiler once when someone I knew started complaining about some "idiot" spoiling the Sixth Sense for her.

Which was ironic.

#24 Edited by CF12793 (2992 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Avengers, but I can't believe someone blurted out the big twist of the movie, and i found out prematurely that Batman isn't in it.

Bummed me out for a while.

But on a more serious note, I guess I was annoyed when someone told me word for word the entire film of "Drive". I so wanted to see that movie, and my buddy invites me over to his place after the opening night of the film, and literally tells me the entire plot, all very detailed descriptions of the characters, etc. When I got a chance to see it, it was like watching a movie I had already seen.

#25 Edited by Saint_Wildcard (10719 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies always spoiled the ending to the 6th sense